InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Sarrow of a Broken Priestess ❯ Departure ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer- I do not own Inuyasha.

Chapter 2- Departure



Kagome was quiet the whole day again. She looked like she was deep in thought. Sango sighed. She would be helping her friend tonight. They had discussed it and Sango would let her go when they went off to the hot springs again. They were very close to Kaede's village and would reach it in time for Kagome to be able to leave that late afternoon. They hadn't told anyone and she knew Inuyasha would be pissed at her for letting Kagome go.

'He'll just yell at me like usual and try to go and get her. She won't come back this time. Not for awhile.'

"Let's stop, Kagome needs to eat."

They all had suprised looks on their faces. They ususally had to beg Inuyasha to stop.

'He must really be concerned for her. If only he wouldn't hurt her so much they could be happy together. Well could have been happy. I hate to say it, but Inuyasha is deffinately too late.'

Sango and Kagome were both deep in thought and they didn't even pay attention to anything Inuyasha, Miroku, or Shippou said to them. They decided to let them think and got on with making lunch. This time Inuyasha and Shippou went into the forest to get fish from a nearby pond. Miroku just went about his business. He knew better than to disturb them. He stood up and they still didn't come out of their thoughts. He sighed and went to assist Inuyasha and Shippou.

"Kagome?" Sango said when she saw Miroku finally walk away.

"Yes, Sango?"

"I am going to miss you."

"I'll be back."

"But then you might be leaving us for good."

"Maybe, but it is unlikely I'll be able to go throught the well after we complete the jewel and the wish is made."

"What will you wish for?"

"I won't I am going to give the wish to Inuyasha."

"But if he wishes to become a full yokai it will be tainted and darkness will rein over the world."

"I know, but I don't think he will wish that anymore. I think after he found acceptance in us and some others he see's being a hanyou is not thing to be ashamed of. It is just who he is."

"You're right. What do you think he will wish for?"

"You already know that answer do you not?"

"Yes, he will wish for Kikyo to really be alive again. At least that's what I beleive."

"I do too." She said hurt in her eyes. Sango thought she saw a flash of rage, but thought it was probably nothing.

They heard footsteps and went silent. Inuyasha looked at them andhe knew that he had heard the last part about Kikyo. He looked at Kagome but saw no emotion there at all.

'She's hiding her feelings from us.'

/////////////////

Bankotsu growled in frustration. He had thought he was heading to have fun and slaughter all the villagers, but it was proving to be more difficult. He was still very weak and limping from the pain he felt. 'I shouldn't be feeling this pain. I am dead only alive because of the shard, but I am hungry and I am feeling alot of pain. What is happeneing to me?'

He sat down on the ground sitting his large halberd up against a rock. He was tired and he was hungry. He put his hand down to where the shard was. It was different than last time. It felt as if it's power wasn't really the thing keeping him alive.

He could here rushing water and stood back up. He grabbed Banryuu and put it over his shoulder. The image of the girl he was supposed to kill floated in his mind.

'She's a pretty girl. Too bad I have to kill her. Well its not really bad. Maybe I'll have some fun with her first.'

He ginned and walked to the water. He felt it with his hand and a shiver ran through him. He took off his clothes and got into the water. He quickly rinsed off his body got out redressed. He looked down at the village.

'Maybe they can tell me where a hot spring is and I can take a real bath. I could probably get my clothes cleaned too.'

///////////////////

The village leader sat outside his hut looking out into the forest. He saw a young man with blue eyes. On his forehead, there was a strange purplish blue mark with the shape of a cross with pointy ends. Draped over his shoulder was a thin braid made from his long black hair.

He was wearing a white haori with dark-blue coloring his left shoulder. The same shoulder was partly covered by a white shoulder protector with purple fern-shaped figures painted on it. His torso and half of his lower body was protected by armor with the same color and figures. And around his waist, a red sash could be seen with its two long ends dangling below the knot that was resting against the middle of his stomach. He carried a halberd over his shoulder.

The old man took a closer look. He had never seen this man before. He looked very yound and the man thought his daughter might be interested in him.

//////////////////

Bankotsu came and looked down on the old man who smiled up at him. He smiled himself to smile back and the man stood up.

"Hello and welcome to our village. We have a nice place for travelers to rest and eat if you like I will get my daughter to show you."

Bankotsu looked at the man and saw mischief flash though his eyes.

'Trying to get rid of his daughter huh? Too bad I'm not the marrying type old man. Woman are only good to lay with and that's all. And since I'm not at my best I won't even be doing that. Or slughtering everyone afterwards.'

"Listen old man I don't need a place to stay, but food would be nice and I would like to know where the nearest hot spring is."

"As you wish. I will have you some food prepared while you go to the hotspring. It is just a little ways form here. If you go into the forest where you came it is to the East of the river."

"Right I know where the river is. Do you think I could get someone to clean my clothes and armor?"

"Oh, yes, my daughter would be honored. I will be back."

He entered the hut and came out with a white rob and a tall beautiful girl. She had long fiery red hair, and green eyes. Bankotsu sighed and curse his body for being so weak.

"This is my daughter Likotsu."

"Hello." She said and bowed while not taking her eyes off of him.

"Hi." He said and rolled his eyes.

The old man looked defeated and thrust the robe in his hands.

"Go in the hut and change into this. Then you can wear it until your clothes are finished."

Bankotsu went into the hut and the girl followed. She waited until she saw her father walk toward the guest hut before she turned back to him and spoke.

"I am sorry about my father. He tries to get me to fall in love with every person that passes through here. He doesn't know, but I'm already in love with one of the villagers. He wouldn't approve of him though."

Bankotsu nodded his head and went into the room to change.

'What makes you think I care about you personal life wench?'

Whe he cam out he handed his clothes and armor to the girl and she smiled and left. He went East like the old man had said and came to the spring after walking five minutes. He had Banryuu with him and set it down against a large boulder. He felt eyes on him, but shrugged and dropped the robe. He lifted himself down into the warm water and his muscles relaxed.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?"

Bankotsu slowly turned around. He knew the sign of that voice and stayed relaxed.

"Kagura."

"You knew I was watching you and you still got naked in front of me? Are you trying to send me messages Bankotsu?"

"Don't flatter yourself. I didn't know who was watching me, but I am not ashamed of my body. I'd never have any interest in a wench like you."

"Oh so mean, but you know we are supposed to be commrads. Doesn't that mean anything to you?"

Bankotsu knew she said that because of the band of seven. He smirked at her.

"When it comes to you no. I work alone now. My real commrads are dead."

"How very noble of you."

"What the hell are you here for?"

"Just checking up on you is all. I guess Kagome is still alive then?"

"Is that the wench's name?"

"Yes and I'll take that as a yes."

Bankotsu growled. Kagura just smiled and walked back into the forest. A moment later Bonkotsu looked up and saw her up in the sky.

"Until next time Shichinintai leader."

Bankotsu turned around and got back to what he was doing before.
//////////////////////////////

Kagome sat in Kaede's hut and waited. All of her things were already packed. She was waiting for Inuyasha to go off somewhere so she could take all of her things with her without question.

He finally stood up.

"I'm going to get some fire wood."

"Me too." Miroku said also standing. Shippou jumped into his arms and they all three exited the hut.

Sango and Kagome both rose and Kagome picked up her back pack and her bow and arrows.

"We're going to the hot spring." Sango said following Kagome out of the hut.

Kaede shook her head. "Be safe child." She said outloud.

They came to the hotspring and tears welled up in Sango's eyes.

"Don't cry Sango. I'll be back soon."

"I know but I'm going to miss you."

Kagome hugged her close. And then turned her back and walked away. Sango stood there staring into the water for awhile before heading back to the hut to tell the rest of her friends the truth.

////////////////////////

Kagome headed towards the well. She tried to go aroung a little ways so she didn't bump into Inuyasha and others. She stopped when she heard voices off in the distance.

'Damn, I'll have to wait a liittle while. Maybe I should wait until it get's dark.'

She put her stuff down and then sat down herself. She pulled a bag of chips from her back pack and began eating them. She would only have to wait about half an hour. The sun was already setting. She pulled out her sleeping bag and lay down in it.

'Might as well take a nap while I wait.'



When Kagome finally woke up she saw that it was late into the night. The stars were shining bright in the sky. She stood up and gathered all of her things. She tied her quiver to her bag so she only had to carry her bow in her hand and not her arrows. She slung her back pack over her back and headed off towards the well. She heard something call out up in the sky. She ignored it just thinking it was some kind of owl or something.

Then she heard it again abover her head. She looked up just as she was being picked up off of the ground by very large talons. She looked up and saw she was being carried off by a huge crow yokai. She tried to get loose from its grip, but the talons just tightened and dug deeo into her side. She could feel the blood going down her legs.

She kept moving and the talons dug even deeper into her making her gasp in pain. She began loosing way more blood and started to feel dizzy. She let the bird carry her for a while abd then she got an idea.

She reached her hand back for her quiver. She had to try several times to do this and it hurt her sides when she tried to reach back. She finally grabbed one of her sacred arrows and stabbed it into the birds leg. It howled with pain and dropped her. She watched as she plumeted at a high speed to the ground. Suprisingly enough she was caught and brought to the ground safely.

Kagome was layed on the ground and she looked up into the eyes of Sesshomaru.

"Y-you saved me?"

"I only did because you and that dead priestess are the only ones that can see the shards. And I would rather you had them than Naraku."

He then lept away and she could see Rin off in the distance. Kagome lay alone on the ground for awhile before she tried to sit up. Pain shot through her and she gripped her sides. She was determined though and got to her feet. She had dropped her bow but looked a few feet away and saw it. Her back pack and quiver was still securely on her back although she had to slowly pick the arrows she could find up from the ground. She painfully limped on down the trail she was on. She knew she was very far from the well. She collapsed to the ground after loosing too much blood and fell intoa deep sleep.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

next chapter Kagome runs into Bankotsu!!!