InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Thieves put Theives in Their Place ❯ It's All Coming To An End ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry it's taken so long, I thank all the people who still read this or have just started. This fanfic is slowly coming to an end but we're not quiet there yet.
 
-.-
 
Everything was set and ready to go. They were going to put Naraku into a jewel and dispose of it. There were a few flaws to the plan like when this was to take place, and how to dispose of the jewel but nothing that couldn't be taken care of quickly and when the time came.
 
Inuyasha was watching Kagome, Sango, and Kaede practice a little with the spell, by making a barrier appear around a test-Naraku and then minimizing it so it was small jewel that could be held in the palm of ones hand. He didn't like this one bit. Kagome would be put in extreme danger, if anything went wrong she could end up in that damned jewel with Naraku. They didn't think he had heard Kaede when she told them the dangers of doing this, but he had.
 
When they got the last one Kagome smiled back at him before walking over and showing him a purplish-grey jewel that held one of their test-Naraku's in them, in other words it held a rock that was jinxed to look like Naraku. It was one of the many that the let loose in Mushin's backyard. “See we've got it down.” Kagome said placing the jewel in his hand. “That's the thirtieth one right there, and all of them are perfect even the first one.”
 
“That was a jinxed rock the real one will try to maim and kill you, not run away from you.” Inuyasha said handing the jewel back to her.
 
“Inuyasha everything will be fine don't worry about it.” Kagome said shaking her head as she went to go inside. “We've got it all under control.”
 
Inuyasha stopped her by grabbing on to her wrist. “Kagome don't get me wrong, I'm proud of you and I have plenty of confidence in you, Sango, and Kaede, but I just don't want you to get hurt.”
 
Kagome gave him a small smile and nod of her head, “I understand, I guess I'm just not used to people besides Sango wanting me to stay safe, so I don't know how to react to it and come around as being harsh.”
 
“It's fine Kago…I understand, I'm not used to it either.” Inuyasha said letting her go. He looked over at Kaede and Sango who had started picking up the jewels they had discarded around the backyard and then followed after Kagome.
 
Miroku and Mushin had been practicing and by the looks of it were taking a break. They were sitting in the living room a bottle of sake in Mushin's hand, and a can of soda in Miroku's. “Miroku, keep him sober would you?” Inuyasha growled.
 
“It's only my first sake...since you've shown up…” Mushin slurred.
 
“Let's keep it that way shall we?” Inuyasha said glaring at Miroku and Mushin. “This plan is already shaky I don't need to work around a drunk too.”
 
“Don't worry I'm dumping all the alcohol tonight.” Miroku said before Inuyasha headed for one of the guest rooms after Kagome.
 
“Tired Kagome?” Inuyasha said as he walked in the room shutting the door.
 
“Yeah doing that spell is hard work, but the more I work at it the less it'll tire me out.” Kagome said as she stretched out on the bed. “It'll all work out.”
 
Inuyasha laid down behind her and said sincerely, “Yeah, I'm sure it will.”
 
~
 
“Hey Inuyasha, Kagome it's time for dinner.” Sango said from the doorway of the room.
 
Inuyasha put his arm in the air and waved it mumbling, “We'll be there in a few minutes, start with out us.”
 
Kagome moved closer to him whining something about Sango and her bad timing.
 
“I know mate…” Inuyasha whispered to her with a soft smile, “but you need to eat.”
 
“Mmhmm…” Kagome sat up and looked around tiredly as Inuyasha got out of bed. “I'm up.”
 
Inuyasha smiled at her and waited for her before walking out of the room with her his arm around her waist holding her to him.
 
“Hey you guys eat up, there's some real good food on this table.” Miroku said with a smile before stuffing more food in his mouth.
 
~
 
“That was the best meal I've had in a while Kaede.” Kagome said with a smile as she helped pick up the dishes taking them into the kitchen.
 
“Thank you child.” Kaede said with a smile as she followed her Sango in tow. “I did the best I could with the small amount of edible food that is actually in this house. I'll go buy some food in the morning.”
 
“I'll come with you.” Kagome said as she started to rinse off the dishes. When she heard a growl from behind her she added, “And by “I'll come with you” I meant me and Sango will come with you.”
 
“I'm coming where?” Sango asked laughter dancing in her eyes and voice as she looked at Inuyasha who snorted grumbling as he walked away about persistent mates.
 
“To the store with me and Kaede, because I'm apparently not allowed to leave the house with one of the best miko's of our time.” Kagome said the last part loudly so Inuyasha could hear her.
 
“Not when said miko is an ancient old woman!” Inuyasha said from the other room.
 
“Inuyasha don't be so rude.” Kagome and Sango scolded him harshly.