InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Trust and Betrayal ❯ Let Me Love You ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks so much to the reviewers! XD You guys are awesome!

I'm glad that this story got so many people hooked on it…it's doing well on ff.net too. ^_^

Eh…so…hmm…anything else to say…?

Kouga: Can we PLEASE get on with the fic?

Sango: Yes, I'd appreciate it if you did. Hopefully I'll get to kick Kikyo's fat clay ass sometime soon…

Saki: Language, Sango, language.

Kouga: …IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO START THE FIC THEN I'LL DO IT!!

Saki: O.O

Kouga: Now presenting, chapter two.

Sango: Don't forget to R&R!!

Saki: …what they said. -___-

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu-Yasha.

==========

Trust and Betrayal

Chapter Two: Let Me Love You

==========

.

.

.

"So," Kouga continued. "I'm asking for you…to give me a chance to love you."

Kagome's breath caught in her throat.

She didn't know how to respond.

Would he hurt her like Inu-Yasha did?

Could she love him?

Would she - could she - forget Inu-Yasha?

Would she ever move on?

"I don't know," Kagome whispered. "Will you betray me like…Inu-Yasha did?"

Gods, it hurt to say his name.

Kouga shook his head. "Never."

Kagome, once again, didn't know what to say. The pain was just so unbearable right now. She had put everything in him, and he threw it all away for a pile of dead bones and dirt.

"…Give me some time."

And then she passed out.

-~-

Sango sniffled again. Miroku had his arms wrapped around her.

"I can't believe that bastard chose a dead corpse over Kagome-chan."

Miroku scowled. "Inu-Yasha has made a poor choice indeed."

In the distance, the monk and the demon slayer watched a pair walking down a dirt path. Kikyo was holding onto Inu-Yasha's arm.

As Sango and Miroku watched, Kikyo stopped, and so did Inu-Yasha. Kikyo leaned upwards and pressed her lips to Inu-Yasha's. Sango watched in horror as the two began kissing passionately, in the middle of the road.

"Traitor." Miroku whispered to no one in particular - except maybe to Sango.

"Man whore." Sango hissed.

-~-

"Kouga! Where were y- what happened to nee-san!?"

A crowd of wolf demons gathered around the wolf prince carrying a girl with raven hair and `odd' clothes, known as `nee-san'.

Kouga didn't answer. He walked to the very back of the cave - his private cave. No one was allowed to enter. He laid Kagome down on his sleeping furs, and sat down against the cave wall beside her. As he gazed inter her face, he brushed a strand of ebony hair off her face. He noticed, uncomfortably, that her face was pale and slack. She was thinner, too.

`All because of the fucking mutt…'

Suddenly, Kagome whimpered. Kouga reached out and took her hand in his.

She was tossing and turning around. Kouga tried to calm her, much to no avail.

"I…Inu-Yasha…" she whispered. Tears started rolling down her cheeks.

Kouga felt his heart twist. Even though he betrayed her, Kagome still loved Inu-Yasha. She always would - he couldn't deny that. But he could help take her pain away. He would help her forget - make it easier to bear.

"Kagome," Kouga spoke softly, wiping her tears off her face. "I know that you will never fully him. But please let me help you take away your pain - and let me love you. Give me a chance, Kagome…I swear that I won't hurt you like he did."

Surprisingly, Kagome's whimpers died down, and her tears stopped. She curled up, clutching Kouga's hand tightly.

The prince of wolves blushed.

- Kagome's Dream -

"Inu-Yasha!"

"Inu-Yasha!!"

Running…trying to catch up…

It's cold…I'm alone...

Please Inu-Yasha…don't leave me here, alone.

Why is Kikyo here?

No Inu-Yasha, don't go with her. Don't go with her. I promise that I can do anything she can. Please…

"I…Inu-Yasha…"

I can see you walking away with Kikyo. You are holding hands, much like how we used to. I never got to tell you that I loved you. I still do. I will always.

You betrayed me. You wanted to make it up to Kikyo - but how will you make it up to me?

Everything is dark. I'm crying, and falling into the endless depths. Drowning in anguish…

Suddenly, I hit the bottom. Above me - oh so high above me - is a light.

It's brilliant. Even from the bottom, I can feel the warmth.

That is my goal. If I can reach the warmth…will I forget you, Inu-Yasha?

I have to get up. I have to reach the light. I will move on. I will wake up from this never-ending nightmare.

But for now, I can only lie here - in anguish.

--

Kagome's eyes fluttered open. She felt very warm. Something beside was giving up so much warmth…she wanted to stay there forever…

Opening her eyes, Kagome gasped. Kouga was lying beside her, asleep. She shot up.

"Ah!"

Looking down, she checked to make sure she still had all her clothes on. She did. However, her yell woke Kouga up.

"Huh?" He sat up, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Kagome had a look of horror on her face. He put two and two together.

"I swear I didn't to anything wrong! I put you here, since you passed out. You were tossing around, so I held your hand…and you calmed down…and I fell asleep afterwards."

Kagome nodded. A thought struck her.

"Umm…Kouga? Did I say anything in my sleep…?"

Kouga frowned, recalling she had whispered the mutt's name. "You…you called out…his name…"

Kagome nodded again, this time tearing up. Her tears soon turned into racking sobs. Kouga watched the girl sobbing into her hands, the tears spilling out. Rather unsure of what to do, Kouga wrapped his arms around Kagome, trying to calm her. When that didn't work, he turned her around, and let her cry onto his shoulder. He stroked her hair. He had a feeling he'd be comforting her a lot.

"Shh, Kagome. It'll be alright. He left you - but I never will. I swear I'll stay with you forever. And longer if you want me to stay."

Kagome gradually began to quiet down, once in a while sniffling. Her cheeks were stained from crying so much.

Kouga looked at the girl in his arms. "Why don't you freshen yourself up? There's a hot spring behind the caves. The pack is out hunting. When you're done your bath, you can eat something."

Kagome nodded, and stood up. Kouga wished she would speak a bit more. It was like someone blew out the fire in her spirit.

If it were actually like that, that `someone' would be Inu-Yasha.

Before Kagome left the cave, she turned around and faced Kouga.

"Yes?"

The young girl managed a weak smile. "Thank you."

===============

There? Is it still good? Please review and tell me what you think!! Constructive criticism is welcome. =)

Ja ne!