InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unhappy ❯ chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 16
 
He walked back into Kagome's living room, Sesshomaru now standing by the window, and kagome still in the same spot he left her. Still too scared, or whatever it was that was bothering her to move, her hand still absently running up and down the doorframe.
 
He walked past her and she shrieked slightly.
 
“Are you ok?” he asked finally, his voice sounding concerned.
 
The next thing he knew, her arms were thrown around his neck and he was thrown back against the wall. She was hugging him, rather forcefully at that.
 
“I thought you were gone…I didn't think it was you.” She whispered into the crock of his neck. Her warm breath calming his already frazzled nerves. He hugged her back, not as forcefully as she, for fear of breaking her delicate form, but just enough to apply pressure. He rested his chin on her head, enjoying the sweet smell of her hair.
 
He didn't care that his brother was most likely making fun of him now, all he cared about was the fact that Kagome no longer looked of fear. She was still a little nervous, but she was communicating with him all the same.
 
He lifted his chin off her head, regretting it the very moment he did it, wishing he could some how bottle that smell…but after much deliberation, he decided that kind of shouldn't creepy and he'd just keep that to himself.
 
He let go of her when he felt her move away, she looked up at him with a sad smile, the smile that she always seemed to give. He wondered slightly if she'd ever smile and laugh like that one time in her living room…
 
She moved away from him all the way, her fingers loosening their grip from around his neck.
 
`One day' he said to himself `one day I'll make you smile again'
 
She walked behind him to her bed and sat down, her legs coming up to her chest and her arms wrapping around them, she turned her head away from him to look out the window, to the falling snow.
 
`So much saddens in that image' he thought as he walked threw the door and shut it behind him with a soft click.
 
He didn't want her to hear what he was most likely going to yell at his brother.
 
This face thing was creeping him out, and he feared that it meant something he most likely did not want hear.
 
Like go be lord to the west…along side his half brother.
 
He shuddered as he walked up behind him, and spoke.
 
~*~*~*~*o.O.o.O.o.O.O~*~*~*~*
 
She wasn't as freaked out anymore; the man that she had seen in her living room was Inuyasha. She was comfortable now, not as uptight as she was when he had walked by her and into her bathroom, so familiar with her home.
 
She had heard him yelling at his brother long before she decided to go into her living room and see if everything was alright, but mostly to make sure that they weren't tearing apart the things that she really didn't care about.
 
But when she stood there at her door, that wasn't Inuyasha, it was an imposter. That's what she first thought of, at seeing the man sitting next to Inuyasha's brother.
 
`His doggie ears are gone.' She thought, her face dipping into the crack of her knees. They were now replaced with elfin ears, both where they should be. She sighed; she was going to miss them.
 
But she couldn't help but wonder, what made him change like that.
 
She was afraid that he had left, like she had first thought. That was one of the reasons that she threw her arms around his neck, a characteristic that she rarely ever did, it just wasn't like her to do such things.
 
She looked back out the window when she heard the laughter of children. In the far distance their playful laughter cared that far, she was glad for it though, it was very relaxing.
 
He heart sank though when she thought back to when she was a teenager. She thinks about it everyday, but here lately it was getting stronger, for it was close to the anniversary of the event that changed her life.
 
She breathed out a staggered breath; she wasn't going to think of it.
 
“No, not today” she spoke aloud to the snowflake just about to fall against her window.
 
She released her legs, letting them stretch out in front of her, her left foot dangling over the side of the bed.
 
She leaned back on the palms of her hands, looking up at the ceiling, rolling her neck back and forth, listening for the crack that was shore to come.
 
Her face scrunched up when she finally heard it, it was louder than she would have thought, but the results were always in her favor. She wiggled her toes, listening for the cracks as well. They made the sound of fingers tapping against wood impatiently.
 
Her knuckles were next, that was always her favorite to do, and it always made her hands feel like new.
 
She braced herself on her right elbow; bring her left hand over to crack it with the right. She balled her left fist and cracked it with the pressure of her right hand.
 
She wiggled her fingers experimentally, liking the fresh feeling of newly corrected digits.
 
She moved her weight over to her left elbow, reading herself for the next couple of cracks.
 
Then there was a tap at the door, just as her left hand was about to apply force.
 
“Yes?” she called out, her voice sounding small even for her own ears.
 
“Human,” she rolled her eyes it was Sesshomaru. “You will at once seize that infernal cracking or I will be forced to come threw this door and crack your head open.”
 
She looked at the door with wide eyes for she had no doubt that he wasn't bluffing. She put her hands down on the bed with a huff.
 
“So much for relaxing in your own home.” She said aloud, hoping he heard her.
 
The next thing she heard his retreating steps. She, in a very childish manner, stuck her tongue out at the door.
 
~*~*~*~*~*O.O.O.O.o.O.O~*~*~*~*~**~
 
Inuyasha sat on the couch now, he was rather pissed, and he didn't get one word in before his brother turned around a halted his yelling.
 
His brother didn't say anything. He just walked past him and to Kagome's closed door.
 
He himself was tired of her cracking, but he was nice enough to know that this was her home, and she could do what ever she pleased in it.
 
He looked up at his brother when he noticed he was standing next to him, looking down on him like he was a little ant. Probably because that's how Sesshomaru saw him, no doubt he probably wanted to squash him with the pad of his thumb.
 
Inuyasha huffed, he was tired of all this silence, he wanted some answers and he wanted them now!
 
“What?!” he shouted, finally giving up on staring contest he and his brother always seemed to have…Sesshomaru always won though, Inuyasha never had the patience for that sort of thing, in fact he never had the patience for anything for that matter.
 
“I think I know the reason of your markings.” Sesshomaru said, sounding a little unsure in even his head.
 
“Oh…” Inuyasha spoke his voice low and tired.
 
“Yes.” He hesitated, looking over at his newly formed brother, he realized that looked similar to father. “I believe that when your anger rose about fathers passing, the demon side that lied dormant for all those years has finally taken over. Maybe that was fathers plan.” He pondered.
 
“Plan” Inuyasha asked, his voice cracking with anger. When did he become a plan? “What plan? Why do I now look like a full demon when we all know I'm only half?”
 
“I do not know that answer brother.” Sesshomaru said, the words not forming right in his mouth, he hated to be wrong or not know an answer.
 
He rubbed the bridge of his nose, a small emotion that didn't go unnoticed by Inuyasha this time. Sesshomaru was stumped, and Inuyasha was silently enjoying it.
 
Inuyasha found this funny; he chuckled lightly as he stood up from the couch. He walked over to his frustrated brother, patting him on the shoulder in a brotherly manner, something they never did.
 
“Sesshomaru, its fine” He shrugged his own shoulders. “Maybe, like you said, this was fathers plan.” His hand dropped from his brother's shoulder as he walked away.
 
He felt tense; he rolled his shoulders around, trying to work out the kinks of the day. It was almost over he could tell, but that didn't mean he wasn't hungry. He walked into Kagome's little kitchen; maybe she would have something edible. He highly doubted that, but it was worth a try.
 
He opened up a cabinet, and his heart soared.
 
“Ramen” he whispered aloud.
 
His brother looked up from the pressure he was putting on his nose, at mention of ramen, his brother was standing in the humans kitchen, with a cabinet open.
 
He was staring at, what looked like to him, a truckload of ramen. He rolled his eyes; this human and his brother seemed to be perfect for each other, both having an unhealthy obsession with ramen.
 
“You are not serious are you” Sesshomaru asked, walking over into the kitchen with is brother. “We don't have any time for this.”
 
“What?” Inuyasha asked, turning around to face him, his newly formed markings catching Sesshoumaru's eye. He looked funny, not funny in the ha ha sort of way, because Sesshomaru never laughed, he just looked different.
 
`This is going to take some getting use to.' He thought.
 
“There is always time for ramen.” Inuyasha chirped, clearly not bothered anymore by his different appearance.
 
Then out of nowhere, Inuyasha pocket began to ring an annoying pop song that Sesshomaru heard once but couldn't quite place it.
 
He arched an eyebrow at his brother.
 
Inuyasha reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone.
 
He focused on the caller ID for a moment before he sighed and rolled his eyes, his shoulders slumping down in disappointment.
 
“Hello.” He said into the phone, it felt weird that he could actually use it like a real phone now, instead of using the fake ears that came with his concealment spell.
 
“DUCKY!” a little girl squealed into the phone, Inuyasha pulled the phone away from his new elf ear.
 
His brother at hearing this arched his brow even higher, it disappearing underneath his bangs.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hope you likes!
-jinx
 
Cindygirl is the, bestest!!!!! She's my editor!!!!!! Go read her stories the kick ass!! http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/src.php/u/99561