InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unplanned ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: We do not own Inuyasha. Rumiko Takahashi does. We do own any and all original character's in this fic.
 
Chapter 5: Just What it Says.
 
Midoriko's Marking:
 
The priestess felt a pull upon her sealed power. The spirit of the Shikon no Tama was feeling rather pressured most days. Her constant fight against the demons sealed with her was begining to wear thin. But now came that forbidden call. Someone, a mother of her own blood, was calling for the priestess to protect her child. As tragic as she felt this moment was, an inner joy awoke within her. She would answer that call, and answer a mother's prayer.
 
 
It was upon the next morning that the demon lord known as Sesshomaru would feel that pulse of power. From his own son no less.
What his eyes encountered filled him with a consuming hate. There upon the child's brow rested a silver crescent moon and a midnight blue star trapped between the points. The mark had not been there the night before. He had been marked by a human.
 
San's Begining:
 
A golden morning was carried along on the winds that swept down from the hills. The forest held the cool air of the night but the soft breezes bearing the scent of flowers promised warmth in the spring day. San walked down the familiar path through the woods that would take her to her favorite place to go. It wouldn't be long before she would come around a bend where a fallen tree bordered a small grassy area. She loved the flowers that grew there, especially the small blue ones that were beginning to bloom during those warmer days of mid-spring.
As she walked along beneath the shadows of the trees and among the rays of light that whispered through their branches, she was unaware of the figure moving among the trees and the eyes that watched her every movement. Another soft breeze blew through the forest and made the young leaves on the trees flutter, answering the wind's call with a sound like falling water. San began humming the tune of a song her mother sometimes sang to her as she came to edge of her small clearing. The flowers and grasses there danced in the breeze, the color of the blossoms becoming more vivid under the rising sun's rays.
 
The figure in the trees leapt silently through the branches to keep themselves close to San as she began wading through the sea of grass in search for flowers. She reached out for some bright yellow blooms and added them to the collection of flowers she already carried before moving on to other parts of the clearing. By the time she had finished, she had a beautiful, though sizable, assortment of the young blossoms. Going over to sit on the fallen log, she began weaving the stems together with some blades of grass until she had created a crown of flowers. She placed it on her head and giggled as she gave herself the title Princess of the Flowers. The figure in the trees smiled at her innocence while she started back into the grasses.
 
A small white butterfly also had found its way to the clearing and it wasn't long before San noticed the small creature dance over the tops of the flowers. She tried to get closer to it, but it kept fluttering away towards another part of the clearing whenever she came near. She continued after the butterfly that always seemed just out of reach. The figure in the trees seemed content only to take in the sight of the child until they saw some the grasses beginning to move seemingly by themselves. San smiled brightly as the butterfly finally allowed her to come close and landed on the top of one of the tall blades of grass. “Iron reaver, soul stealer!” suddenly range through the calm morning.
 
San turned around with a gasp, her wide, golden eyes taking in the sight of a dead snake demon that looked to have been coming straight toward her. “Uncle InuYasha?” she questioned as she looked up to the half-demon who stood victoriously over the body of the snake demon.
 
“Your mom wanted me to follow you to make sure nothing happened to you,” he stated, bearing a smug look for having impressed his niece by killing her would-be attacker. “We should probably go back now, I don't want to take the risk of something else showing up to go after you.”
 
“But I know you'd protect me,” she pointed out as he scooped her up and put her on his back.
 
“But even with that, many demons would love to do something to hurt a half-demon, especially a young one like yourself,” he countered as he leapt into the trees and began back to the village.
 
“Then how come I never see any demons coming after you, Uncle InuYasha?” she questioned, holding onto him with one hand and using the other to keep the crown of flowers on her head as they flew along through the forest.
 
“Some do, but most are too afraid to come after a someone as strong as myself,” he explained with an air of pride as the village came into view.
 
 
 
The Training of Ryouken:
 
A small silver haired boy rested in a curled ball on the far side of the training room. This was his home. The weapons were his toys. The scent of blood and death the only companion. Daily he would face off demon opponets. Nightly he would meditate. He recieved his meals from a silent imp. He knew of nothing else. The demons he fought were often brought in the early hours of dawn. Surpriseingly that was when his body came to life. When he felt the flow of blood through his claws, when he tasted the blood in his mouth. Pleasure soon became regret.
 
He always awoke to the echo's that were their dying screams. Today, the imp had spoken to him. He would meet his sire. Lord Sesshomaru, the greatest dog demon of the current age. Black ears twitched with the feel of a gentle breeze as the door to his home opened. Standing there, illuminated by the light of morning was a pale figure. Dawn cast the demon's hair into a silver fire. Golden eyes glared down at him. They were colder than ice.
 
The boy listened to his instincts. This was no foe. He was something... more. The boy moved to a sitting position and kept his face cold. He wasn't about to give away anything that would interfere with what was coming. The boy wore only a simple white kimono and hakama. The sleeves and coller of his kimono was decorated with black crescent moons, edged in silver. Amber eyes held a spark of fire, an inner determination that defied everything it's place.
 
"Ryouken." the demon said. "You were informed of the rules. You have broken them. Do you know how?"
 
The silent child looked down for a moment then he answered. "I touched pure bloods."
 
"You attacked and nearly killed pure-blooded nobles. Offspring of my allies and foes alike. You have forgotten your place, half-breed." Sesshomaru showed no mercy for the boy. He slashed the boy's face wide open with his poison claws, searing the flesh closed even as he cut. "Do not forget it again."
 
Ryouken had fallen to the ground from the attack, his left eye closed tight against the pain that shot through him. But he would not cry. Not until he was alone, at the very least. "Yes, my lord." he answered. Though it was more whisper than actual speaking. The demon lord left his son then, shutting out the outside world and the light of a blue sky.
 
Those ornate double doors closed to lock the small child within. He was nearly four. His golden eyes closed in relief, for the one prescence he truly feared and hated was gone. But the echoing pain of his attackers filtered through his safegaurds. The child crumbled to the ground, body clenched tight in agony. His claws had torn through their flesh when they had struck him first.
 
His mind would usually darken when he was attacked, every action became instinctive, to defend himself against any threat. Unless of course when it came to Lord Sesshomaru. Then he would not raise his claws. His entire being sceaming out for him to do so, but he could not.
After several moments of the siezure-like pains, Ryouken pulled himself together. There would be no meals for the remainder of the day.
 
Ryouken settled into a corner of the room. There he sat until he heard a bell ring. With a flip of his silver hair, the child stood up and crouched into a fighting stance. This battle was going to be worse than the usual. A panther deva prisoner was tossed into the salle and a sword dropped next to her. The cat-like demon picked up the weapon and hissed at the small dog demon which gave it a death glare.
 
"I kill small dog. I go free. Time to die, boy." the demon growled.
 
Ryouken remained quite. His demon blood roared within him. :This creature was promised freedom or death. I do not want to kill it.: Ryouken shifted ever so slightly. He never noticed the observers watching from above. His father had watched every moment that this boy fought. But now he held a differnt manner about him.
 
Sesshomaru narrowed his gaze. The prisoner rushed the unarmed child even as the boy ducked to the left and came up dragging a set of claws across her soft stomach. Blood spilled in a rush of gore, entrails plopping out to land on Ryouken's bare feet. With it's bowels spilled out onto the previously spotless salle floor, the panther deva leaned in for it's final strike. With a swipe of claws, she ripped open Ryouken's throat. The four year old boy fell to the floor. Right hand goiing to his throat, left raising with palm open directed to the panther deva.
 
A showering burst of pure silver and midnight blue energy flew from his small hand, purifying light exploded into the deva's chest turning it into a fine gold ash. The dogdemon halfbreed, Ryouken, sank into his own darkness. His mind was already screaming in outrage against the deed which he had performed. His body siezed and twisted, silent screams tearing themselves from his throat.
 
 
Sesshomaru leapt over the ornamental railing which gaurded the observers with a barrier. As he passed through, he withdrew Tenseiga. He swept the blade over the child's body, golden eyes narrowed in anger. His son, his weapon, held powers similiar to a human monk or priestess. :He can purify demons. What else is he cabale of? His powers are... unique. He can no longer be trained here. I will have to take him somewhere else.: Sesshomaru waited till the seizures released the boy's body. It was common occurance. :His human blood weakens him.:
 
Grasping the back of Ryouken's collar he strode from the salle. Awaiting him on the opposite side of those double doors was the eternally happy Rin and an increasingly irate Jaken.
 
"My Lord, what is that?" Rin asked.
 
"A halfbreed. His name is Ryouken." he answered.
 
"Why is he here? With you?"
 
"You ask too many questions, Rin." Cold eyes met the girl's own warm brown.
 
"Yes, my lord." Her warm smile faded. The child her lord was hauling around like a sack pf grain was slowly coming around. Even as his eyes barely opened, he was instantly dropped to the ground. His throat throbbed with raw power. Ryoken opened his mouth to ask a question and not even a whisper of sound emerged. Startled eyes rose and met Rin's own. Small shaking hands went up to clutch his throat. The Tensaiga's awesome power had restored his life, but not his voice. For one of the first times in his young life, fear awoke in Ryouken's veins. Wounds, training, and even death he could handle but not this. Never this.
 
Fine black ears plastered themselves back into a wealth of silver hair. Amber eyes closed to hide the surging emotion he felt. A soft voice brushed his heart, Echoing through his soul. It couldn't undo the damage, but it could soothe his concious, at least for now. Ryouken opened his eyes, allowing a shard of the ice to return to his vision. It wasn't much, but it was enough. By this time he had become aware of a question directed at him coming from the imp who held an oddly designed staff much to big for him.
 
The child titled his head and looked at the odd green creature. Ryouken sought ought the odd green creature's emotions. Irratation, outrage, and an overwhelming sense of loyalty... err... love directed at the girl and his lord. Ryouken raised a slender brow, his own expression becoming questioning.
 
"I said, you stupid halfbreed, to follow me. Don't you understand? Well, answer!" Jaken shouted.
 
Ryouken flexed his claws. Wondering if perhaps this imp was his newest foe. His lord's voice interrupted his thoughts. "Jaken, prepare Ah-Un. Rin return to your own lessons. Come, half-breed." Sesshomaru ordered. Ryouken picked himself up and followed the silver haired demon, keeping a good five feet back. He was led pass an assorment of rooms until they reached a small storage room. Within were various asotrments of goods and supplies. A pack was tossed to his feet. "You may take whatever you wish. Excluding food, weapons, and bedrolls. Pick carefully. You shall not be returning." With that Sesshomaru left. Leaving behind a very confused child.
 
:So, what do I need?: he asked himself. Much to his surprise, he recieved an answer.
 
:"Clothing, young one. For various seasons and weather. Take at least two cloaks. One for now. The other for... later. Thread, needles, hooks, and twine. Rope. Start grabbing and pack tightly as you can. Not just silks. The heavier cloths as well. Grab some unused material. You must become self suficent.": the response was feminine in voice and action.
 
:Who are you?:
 
:"Priestess Midoriko. Now move. Quickly.": she ordered. :"What won't fit in the pack, pocket or wear.:" Ryouken rushed through the list she gave him. His small hands packed with a speed which amazed even him. The priestess within his soul looked on. Pride shone in her heart. The child would grow well under her guidance. With little interferance from his demon father, the child would grow into a kind and gentle man. As it should be.
 
 
It wasn't long before Sesshomaru and Ryouken were headed through a night sky. The direction was north western and they were fast approaching the borders of a forest commoningly called InuYasha's Forest. A barrier had been erected there shortly after the half-demon had departed the area. Many levels and demon species lived within that accursed place. Which made it perfect for Sesshomaru's plans. The mute child by his side barely registered the quick slice of hair from his scalp from earlier that day.
 
"You presence is no longer welcome. This forest was once home to another taint. You are very similiar to him. Prove your worth to me by slaying the half-breed InuYasha and bring me his sword. Survive, Ryouken, and you will have earned a place. Fail, and you shall die." Sesshomaru whispered this to the still night air. The boy raised silent golden eyes to look at this cold demon. Bubbles of hatred surged in his throat, along with the need to have his approval.
 
He nodded his head. Once in understanding. :If this is my fate, then so be it. I will get this InuYasha's sword. Then, I shall return and take your head.: With a surge of power through his young muscles, Ryouken leapt away from his father's side, dropping at a sucidal speed. The boy sent a blast of purifying magic through the barrier and dropped silently into the shadows of the forest.
 
 
 
Sango stood at the edge of the river that flowed near her village home. She was humming softly. The sun was shining brightly, no clouds hovered to darken this warm day. She was busy washing out her daughter's favorite kimono which had somehow gotten stained with dirt and grass. The little four year old was learning from her Aunt Kagome and Shippo about various herbs and escapes from demons. Shippo playing the part of demon and Kagome the part of cornered, wounded villager. San was supposed to rescue her aunt and defeat the 'evil' demon. So far, everything was going perfectly. Nothing could darken her spirits.
 
She was completly oblivious to the creature who appeared at her side. "Sango." came a cold voice. Soothing in it's deadly embrace. The slayer jumped to her feet. Her brown eyes widened not in fear, but anger.
 
"You....! You, son of a Bitchless... Where is my son?" Sango ground out between clenched teeth.
 
Sesshomaru smiled a chilling smile. His golden eyes flickered over his 'mate'. "He died." The lie came so easily to his lips. He was after all a demon. His purposes would have to remain hidden awhile longer. While the human's mind registered the words, shock was begining to set in, Sesshomaru pulled the human's body to his own. "I need another son." His lips crushed hers in an unforgiving motion. Sango's eyes went wide. She remembered the things called 'pills' that Kagome had given her. It was just her luck that she had remembered to take one that morning.
 
Sango raised her hand to slap the demon who was kissing her. But then suddenly he pushed her to the ground. Reaching into his kimono he pulled out a wealth of braided silver hair. He looked at the locks for a moment. Then with a growl of disgust he tossed it to the ground. "I will come again for what I desire. Be ready. Or I will claim the girl." With all the cold arrogance he could muster, the demon lord walked away from the woman as she bent to pick up the silken locks of her only son's hair. Sobs of despair called into her soul. Tears walked gently down her broken face.