InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unworthy One ❯ Chapter 5 - The Deserving Ones... ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
**Not for Kikyou Lovers! This story contains violence, sexual content and rape! You are WARNED**

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, nor any of the associated characters. But it ain't because I don't want or wish to do so.





Chapter 5 - The Deserving Ones...


"Inuyasha, my Lord," she spoke. "He was right, too. I was a fool to not have listened sooner. If I had, then all of those I care most for, would now be alive. But after I have paid for my crimes, I will fix that, too. Then I can find my place in hell where I truly belong, and they will not have to suffer my useless presence as they live the lives they were meant to live."

She was still standing as he had ordered her to do. Blood still ran from the fresh wound he had inflicted on her torn and battered flesh. But other than the smell, he had derived no pleasure from his actions. Even now, she was fighting with everything she had left, and that was not much, to stay on her feet as he had commanded, her arm still out stretched trying to give him back his inner haori.

What did she mean, 'they will not have to suffer my useless presence as they live the lives they were meant to live...'? What was she hoping to do? Was she referring to his brother and her friends? A sudden thought occurred to him, and he found he had to know the answer to it. That one answer might make so much of her words make sense.

"Tell me, has there been a wish made on the jewel since it was restored?" he asked.

"Iie, my Lord," she said. "Your brother died before he could have the opportunity that he so long wished for."

"Then who will make the wish?" he asked, already knowing the answer.

"I will, my Lord," she stated firmly and with a confidence that he would not have expected her to have as things were now.

"And what will you wish for?" he asked.

"After I have paid for my crimes, my Lord," she stated without hesitation, "I will make the wish with my dying breath, and give back the lives that were stolen by my lack of ability in the last battle."

"Who and why would you bring them back?" he had to know, knowing full well that he would be unable to prevent her from doing as she said.

"Kikyou, Sango, Kohaku, Kirara, Miroku, Inuyasha, and Shippo," she said, her already almost non-existent voice, breaking at the mention of the last two names. He was not sure, but he thought it was more broken at the mention of the kit's name than his baka brother's, but nonetheless was still there.

"Kikyou, because she is entitled to the soul, I stole from her, and deserves to live the life of an ordinary woman as she so longed for. Sango, because she suffered so much losing her family, her friends, and her entire village, and deserves a life with someone who loves her, as she had wanted to do, and have a family of her own. Kohaku, because the eleven year old boy, never even got to know what life was, before Naraku's hell possessed his young life, ending it prematurely when his jewel shard was removed from his back, long before the last battle. Kirara, because she was Sango's companion in everything. Miroku, so that he can live a life without fear of his Kazaana curse threatening his life every day, and to live with the woman he loved so dearly and had hope to have a family with her, if he so chooses. Inuyasha, because more than anything, even over being a full blood youkai, he wanted to be loved and have a place where he was accepted, and could have a family of his own, with Kikyou. And...m-m-my..s-s-on, because he lost so much when he lost his parents, and deserves to have a life. A life he would have had, if I had just been a better parent, and protected him, instead of him protecting me." she said, fresh tears streaming down her face.

Some how, the Youkai Lord, knew he was reaching her. He didn't know quite how, not fully understanding the ningen psyche, but he knew she needed to talk of these things, and it meant he was getting his answers, even if they only raised more questions.

"Kagome," he spoke more kindly than he had since coming across her the night before. The sun now rising upon the horizon, shined down upon her wasted and forlorn figure. He had seen her injuries in the dark, his Youkai senses being able to see well. But in the light of day, those same injuries were far worse that he had realized and his inner respect and Youkai desire for the onna standing before him, went up more than a notch.

Despite his opinion, and her words, she was strong, she was powerful. No one, ningen, hanyou, or youkai that he had ever known could have suffered what she had been through and continued as long as she had, and lived this long, quietly accepting the pain and suffering as something she felt she deserved.

"How did they all die at Naraku's hands?" he asked trying to be more specific with his request for information.

She paused as those trying to piece the fragments of her tortured mind together and give him the information he requested.

"I killed Kikyou. I shot her with a purifying arrow, but not before she had taken Inuyasha's life helping Naraku to kill him. Sango and Miroku were killed by the wave, after wave, after endless wave of youkai that he sent at them, as they tried to defend me. I was unable to do more than shoot a few arrows, not knowing how to use my powers otherwise. In order to get the rest of the jewel, I had to live long enough to reach him and the jewel shards he possessed. Being defenseless, meant that the others had to protect me," she spoke, unable to stop the tears as she recalled the incident of a week ago.

"Inuyasha would have survived the attack by Naraku, except for Kikyou's betrayal. She had sided with the hanyou, against Inuyasha and the rest of us. She had even lain with him, though Inuyasha didn't know of this at the time. Kirara, had been trying to protect me when Naraku unexpectedly sent one of his tentacles to try to kill me and take my jewel shards. She was poisoned as she bit through the miasma filled tentacle that pierced my shoulder," she continued. It was now that she truly broke for the first time, her pain more than evident in the shaking of her shoulders. Her already over taxed body gave out, and she began to fall, but the Taiyoukai caught her before she could hit the ground.

"S-s-shi-p-po was killed....when...when a number of Naraku's Saimyoushou came for me. He succeeded in killing the first wave with his fox fire, but then they became too much for him...and...a-a-nd he...he...d-d-d-ied right in front me," she cried sobbing uncontrollably. "I could not help him. I didn't have any more arrows left, and I didn't know how to use my powers as I had seen Kikyou do.

The last one to fall was Shippo," she said, "leaving me the last one left to face Naraku. I remember getting very angry at the loss of all those who I loved. I remember walking towards the vile fiend, and even touching him. I remember nothing after that until I found myself standing over Inuyasha. He was barely alive. His last words were of his love for Kikyou.

I returned Tetsusaiga to his hand just as he died, and put Kirara and Shippo with Miroku and Sango, who I put in each others arms, as they had so long wanted to do. After that, all I remember was seeing you approaching me, my Lord."

"Why did you not know how to use your powers, surely your training would have taught you what you needed to know?" he asked curious as to why a being of such incredible power as he had witnessed in her in the past, could not consciously use her abilities as Nature had intended.

"In my time, such things are almost unknown except as myth and legend, my Lord," she said. "Those rare few, who show unusual abilities are often ridiculed for their differences. I would never have known what a miko was, except for the stories told by my Ojii-san. In my time, there is no one to teach such skills as the miko of today are taught. I was fifteen before I even knew I had such power, and then it only seemed to work when I was under extreme emotional stress."