InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unworthy One ❯ Chapter 13 - A Dawn of Precious Moments... ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
**Not for Kikyou Lovers! This story contains violence, sexual content and rape! You are WARNED**

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, nor any of the associated characters. But it ain't because I don't want or wish to do so.




Chapter 13 - A Dawn of Precious Moments...


The sun rose upon a misty morning, the kind that promised the presence of thunderstorms in the area. It meant that the day would be much warmer than the norm, something that was more than welcome to those anxious for the final passing of winter and the beauty of spring to take hold. The cool, clean scent of the distant rain, mixed readily with the smell of the flowers that still bloomed profusely from the old blood trail that marked the passage of Kagome through the woods and in the clearing.

Miroku had carefully tended the fire during his watch. Inuyasha was still in his chosen tree, but had been awake for at least an hour just watching the rising of the sun. He rose on his chosen branch, and leaped lightly from the tree with a grace born of his youkai blood. He approached the fire, and without thought took the pot and went to fill it from the nearby lake.

Miroku stood, and also stretched, then began building up the fire so they would be able to prepare for breakfast without more wait than was necessary. Sango, soon came out of the tent, followed almost immediately by Kohaku, and accepted the fresh cup of tea that Miroku gave her, and sat down beside the fire to savor the cup. The houshi quickly pour a second cup, and handed it to Kohaku.

"Miroku," spoke Inuyasha, returning from the lake's edge. "Let's go find something for breakfast."

"Sure," was the houshi's reply, "Come on, Kohaku. Join us!" With a nod from the youth, they all three walked off in companionable silence into the forest.

Sango just sat for a bit, enjoying the tea and watching as the rising sun finally edged up over the trees. The mist of earlier still hung in the air, the hint of the coming thunderstorms holding down the morning's normal chill. They might have to break camp and seek shelter in a cave somewhere. Perhaps she, Kohaku and Kirara should look for one before the sun reached its zenith. At least it would give them time to move before the coming storms hit by late in the afternoon.

Before she could more than just consider the idea, Rin and Shippo came from Sesshomaru's tent. Both seemed to have just rubbed the last of the sleep from their eyes, and happily joined Sango by the fire.

"Shippo? Why don't you go see if Kaede-baa-chan is awake, and see if she brought some supplies to add to breakfast. Miroku and Inuyasha have gone to hunt something," Sango told the little kit, "but she might feel that Kagome will still need something lighter on her stomach."

"Okay, Sango. Rin?" Shippo said, turning to the girl. "Do you want to come, too?"

"Hai," she replied and the two went to see if Kaede was up.

Sango looked over at Kikyou, who was curled up into a tight ball with the blanket that Inuyasha had given her the night before. She could tell that the ex-miko was awake. In fact, she had been for sometime. 'Like she really thinks that she can fool the lot of us,' Sango smirked in thought.

"You can stop faking it Kikyou," she growled at the woman, who she had come to despise over the last four and a half years. "Your pathetic attempt to fool us is not working. You do not have the same abilities you once had, so your efforts are useless. Just like the rest of you. Make yourself useful for a change and make some tea for everyone. Or is that something that you have not done is so long that you don't remember how?"

"Look bitch...," Kikyou began, having forgotten the night before.

"Arigato, Kikyou-san," Sango fairly smiled, causing Kikyou to look at her quite stumped for a moment. "For the last four and a half years, I have spent much of my time trying to make my reputation among my enemies well known. It is nice to know that at least one of them is intelligent enough to recognize my finer talents. Your compliment is warmly accepted."

Kikyou just shut up and grabbed the pot meant for the tea. It was probably better to just keep her mouth shut in the face of such a revelation.

Soon the guys returned, loaded down with cleaned fish. Sango, with Kohaku's assistance, started preparing the ones that Miroku brought back, while Inuyasha fairly threw the ones he had at Kikyou, hitting her with them before she too, began to prepare the rest of the morning's catch.

Shippo and Rin were soon bounding out of the tent with Kaede in tow, and helped her to put on some water for making a simple but nourishing porridge that Kagome could eat, but making enough for anyone who wanted some.

Jaken wandered over quietly, and found small ways to make himself useful to the group. His experience with Sango the night before had given him a new found respect for the group. He offered his own help with the cooking, and remarkably enough even helped the old miko with ideas for making the simple porridge more beneficial without making it too heavy for the injured Miko.

Jaken had gained a totally new found respect of her. All he had to do was close his eyes, and feel those tendrils around his throat, cutting off his breath as it had the night before, to shiver at the power of her. That she had done this while barely conscious gave the little gami more reason to be wary of her obviously enormous power, and one thing about Jaken, he respected great power.

Inuyasha suddenly stood up, tense and catching the scent on the breeze. He turned to the east and growled in warning at something that his senses told him was fast approaching. He pulled Tetsusaiga and took a defensive stance.

"Inuyasha, what is it that ye sense?" asked Kaede, keeping the children beside her.

"A youkai. Big and fast. Headed right for us," he spoke as Miroku, Kohaku, and Sango joined him.

Just at that moment an enormous youkai, almost mountainous in size came crashing through the forest and heading right for the still easily detectable scent of blood. Catching sight of the group awaiting him, he stopped for just a moment, and then started to give voice to a monstrous roar.

But it never left his mouth. Instead, a blaze of pure white light flared around everyone, and rushed like a tidal wave in a raging storm, outward from the encampment, and to the forest beyond. As it hit the raging beast, he shuddered as though in convulsions from a pain like he had never known before. In a bright flash so strong, everyone had to close their eyes, the scream of pain that erupted from the beast died as fast as it had come.

When the light died down, all looked in awe to see that the beast was gone. The only sign of his passing was the broken trees that marked his path, and a fine ash that drifted away in the morning breeze.

"What the fuck just happened?" asked a stunned Inuyasha. "I felt a sudden tingle, almost like my skin was burning, and then that bright light. Where did that come from?"

"What you just saw," said a deep, clear, and stoic voice from behind them. They all turned at the sound, "was from my mate. I saw this my first day here. The Shikon is protecting her, even though she is unconscious. The first day, I came back from examining the site of your battle, three youkai was stalking her. The first I took out without a thought, but there was no way for me to get to the other two in time to keep her from being harmed.

That was when the power from her flared to life," he said as expressionlessly as ever. "The two were instantly purified, however, she seems able to control it rather well, even though unconscious, as that was also when I got this back." He held up the arm that he only had back for the past now going on three days. With all of the events of the past few hours, none of them had truly noticed that the Youkai Lord had his arm back.

He promptly disappeared back inside the tent, as though nothing untowards had just happened. The others just looked stunned, including Kikyou, who inside shook in a fear she had never thought to feel. She had been wrong. Even though the girl, her copy, her hated re-incarnation had been mated to one of tainted blood, she still had all of her powers, and more. But how? How could one who had been tainted, was no longer pure, have her Miko powers, and in such strength? Had she believed wrongly all of these years? Was it the purity of the soul that meant more, than the purity of the body? Was her copy correct?

She just sat where she was, too stunned to do more than that. Even she never had so much power, in fact, not even Naraku had that kind of power, when he had much of the Shikon no Tama. What was this slip of a girl, that she had that kind of power?

-------------------------------

Sesshomaru had lost no time in returning to Kagome's side. He had heard the youkai, and before he could do more than get up, Kagome's power had dealt with the would be intruder. He quickly slid back into the warmth of the furs covering his mate, and checked her over to see that she was not bleeding from her wounds again. He breathed a quiet sigh of relief when he found that she had not reopened her wounds.

His Youkai felt comforted to know that his mate was well, or at least not worse than she was. The smell of her blood still hung in the air, but at least it was old, and not fresh blood. He took the time to carefully look over all of her wounds, with the exception of her feet, for now. The cut that he, himself had made was completely healed, only a thin red scar remained. Even that was gradually fading as he watched.

The puncture wound in her shoulder was doing well, too. It would still need attention for a couple days more, but otherwise had sealed over, and looked like it would not easily bleed as it had been inclined to do the day before. The deep gash to her right leg, was also healing very well. Not quite to the point that the cut in he had given her, but still it looked to be making good progress.

She seemed to be resting well, although he could sense that she was waking. He indulged his Youkai's desire for the precious Tenchi that lay beside him. He let his clawed finger tips, gently trace along the edge of the leg injury, reveling in the feel of her soft, delicate skin underneath his sharp talons. How could one so small, and delicate have accomplished the things that this onna had? How could one so seemingly weak, and puny have so much power, strength, determination, and compassion? How could one that had experienced all that she had, still survive it all and believe that she was weak, and unworthy?

He leaned over her, nuzzling his mark. He silently took pleasure, when he felt her move in response to his attentions. It was still obvious, from the softness of her sweet moans that her voice was still in need of more healing. From what Midoriko had shown him, it would be a miracle if she ever got back her voice as it once was. That scream had taken its toll on her vocal cords.

He let his wandering hand cup the junction between her thighs, smiling gently as she responded to his touch readily by opening to him, offering him easier access to the treasures hidden beneath the folds. He captured one of her breasts in his hot and hungry mouth, as he slid two fingers into her tight, moist passage.

Her breathing quickened and rapidly became erratic, and her soft moans more pronounced. Her soft and gentle hands, slowly found their way to his sides, as she responded more and more to his attentions.

His own desire heightened at the feel of her fingers softly moving over his skin, little the soft tickle of a butterflies wings. Each time he held her, each time he caressed her, each time he spoke to her, she seemed to respond a bit more. She was in there, and he would bring her out again. He felt a bit of pride in knowing that it was him that she responded to and not his brother.

He switched to suckling the other breast, his hand now pumping three fingers into her hot, tight passage. His thumb gently, but firmly stroking the pearl of sensitive nerves that would bring her to the heights of bliss he so wanted her to feel. The ripple of her muscles around his fingers let him know that despite the still listless look to her face, she was nearing her release and finding pleasure in his touch.

Her whole body tensed suddenly, as her release came, and a soft groan escaped her lips. Her hands briefly tightened along his sides, again encouraging him and letting him know that she was aware of his attentions and welcoming them.

He shifted, being sure that she stayed warm by wrapping his tail around her, not that he needed to worry with what he was doing to her. Being careful of her feet, he slid down her body, and eagerly plunged his hungry tongue deep into her still quivering folds. The taste of her was like warm sweet honey, and he savored that taste like a feast. Ever so slightly, and slowly, especially in her weakened condition, she seemed to push her hips up more, to increase the contact with his mouth, further encouraging his attentions to her pleasure. She groaned in that soft, quiet sound that he found surprisingly almost as arousing as if she screamed.

Unlike other times when he had coupled with a female, he was much more aware of how she was feeling. He could not rely on just the appearance of her feelings on her face, or the sounds that she still could not make, or even the movements of her still weakened body. Instead, he had to focus more on her directly. The sound of her heart beating rapidly as her blood heated to his touch. The broken pants of her breathing as the fire he brought to her veins carried her to a place of sensual pleasure that she had never known existed. The scent of her, as it became mixed with a spicyness that increased as he brought her pleasure beyond words.

It was all a language of silence that spoke louder than words, and he found that is was more arousing than the screams of pleasure, and overly expressive faces of any other female he had ever coupled with. He had to focus more of his senses on the pleasure he wanted her to feel, and by doing so, he heightened his own. He was so hard now, that it was painful, and he fought the need to just pound into her relentlessly.

His Youkai hungered to do the same, but both found strength in knowing that the day would come, when they could revel in such unrestrained passion. For now, they both needed to care for the onna, who was now a part of them. Not just because they pleasured her, but because she was now bound to them by blood, by body, by mind, and by soul.

Soon, he felt her body shuddering in another release. He eagerly lapped up the sweet essence that she offered him, savoring every drop. When her shuddering had eased, he gave her one final stoke of his tongue and then crawled back up her body until he hovered at her entrance with his own painfully hard arousal.

He carefully brought one of her legs up, bent at the knee to rest along his side, keeping her foot suspended off of the ground. Her hands once again found their way to his sides, and rested there, occasionally brushing against his heated skin. Letting his erection tease against her sensitive bundle of nerves, he captured her lips in a passionate kiss. Her mouth had already been slightly open from her own panting breath, and he took advantage of the opportunity to taste every corner of her warm, sweet cavern.

To his delight, she responded a bit more. Her hips, although just a little, did arch up to try to encourage him to enter her passage, and her tongue moved every so slightly against his own. Knowing that others were near, he suppressed his own desires to groan at the feel of her beneath him. Instead, he settled for nuzzling his mark as he entered her, feeling how her muscles tightened around him as though wanting to pull him deeper.

He nipped at the lobe of her ear, letting his hot breath tease the sensitive skin. "You feel so good, koishi. You are so tight, so hot," he whispered in her ear. "You are incredible, as well as, beautiful."

Slowly, he drew back, almost completely pulling out of the tight sheath that surrounded him so enticingly. He hovered for just a moment, and the thrust slow and deep, back into the hot, dripping passage. Her muscles rippled around him, and he learned out to read them like an open book for the story that they told his heated flesh. The rhythm of her heart, seemed to set a wild tempo that Sesshomaru's ears readily picked up, its very beat set his blood boiling as he heard her own blood singing out to his own.

He gradually increased the pace of his thrusting, feeling her respond as her own muscles tightened around his shaft. He reached under her hips to angle her pelvis up to meet his harder thrusts, allowing him to drive into her deeper and harder. Despite the pace, she seemed to welcome his efforts, and with what little action she could manage, she encouraged his efforts all the more.

Again, his pace increased, as did her own panting with his actions. She gave a soft groan as his name escaped her lips, and he in turned groaned softly in her ear, only for her to hear, letting her name caress the sensitive shell-like appendage.

He trailed his kisses down until he reached his mark. There he nipped at the sensitive flesh, knowing it would further heighten the sensations that he brought to her. As he felt the beginnings of her impending release and knew his own was rapidly approaching, he let his tongue graze one of his fangs, setting free some of his own blood. Then he bit down on his mark, as the waves of their combined pleasure washed over them both, letting his blood once more mix with her's.

He let a hand rub soothing circles along her thigh, as he gently eased back from her, again trying to be careful of her feet. He held her close, letting his warmth and presence surround her, and projecting into his aura all of the safety and caring that he could. She needed it. Needed to know that someone did want her, and cared.

Reluctantly, he slipped out from under the warmth of the furs, and finding the change of clothing left for him, he quickly dressed. He tucked the warm furs around the once again sleeping Kagome, and stepped outside the tent to greet the morning.

---------------------------------------

Things had quieted down after the early morning's events in the encampment. Sango, Miroku, Inuyasha, Kohaku, and Kaede had discussed the idea of finding a nearby cave for shelter for the afternoon. Shippo had suggested that someone should go back to the clearing where they had made their last stand against Naraku, to look for and retrieve Kagome's ever present backpack.

All agreed, as they knew that there were things in that enormous bag that could be used to help treat Kagome's injuries. It would improve her chances for a reasonable recovery. After all that she had been through any thing that would improve the odds of her making a full recovery was thought to be a good idea.

Sango was the first to notice the Taiyoukai coming from the tent that he had spent the night in, with Kagome. He had the fresh clothing on that she and Jaken had fetched the night before, and though he didn't say so, seemed to be glad of having something clean and free of blood to wear.

"Sesshomaru-sama," Sango spoke up. "With the feel of rain in the air, I was intending to take Kirara and seek out a suitable cave for us to shelter before the weather turns bad. Following the stream that feeds this lake from the mountains should provide an easy path to some suitable one's, if I recall this area rightly."

Sesshomaru stopped by the fire, and took scent of the air. She was right, there would be storms later in the day. Thunderstorms by the feel of the charge in the air, and the shelter of a suitable cave would definitely be needed, especially to keep Kagome from getting worse than her already weakened health was.

"That is agreeable," he said. Sango nodded, and in short order her, Kohaku, and Kirara were on their way. Sesshomaru looked to the old miko, Rin and Shippo were with her, helping her in anyway that she needed. It appeared that she had made a simple porridge for Kagome, and had just set aside some tea for the girl.

"If ye wish, my Lord," spoke Kaede, knowing what he wanted of her, "I can check on her injuries for ye."

"Arigato," he spoke simply. He paused for a moment, seemingly lost in thought, scented the air once more and turned back to the tent to watch as the old miko tended to Kagome's needs.

Kaede was inside, and quickly checking on Kagome's injuries. She noticed the quick healing of the two major cuts, and seemed most pleased with the healing of the shoulder injury. Her feet, however, still needed more attention. They had at least stopped bleeding, and a thin layer of new skin was now covering the raw flesh. It could be easily a month before they could safely take much walking, but at least the infection was gone, and the healing well underway.

"Ye blood has done much in her favor," Kaede told the Youkai Lord. "Most of the bandages can be removed in the next day or two. Her feet will require much more healing, but even they are considerably improved, thanks to your care and attention, my Lord."

"What of her voice," he spoke, "and the pup?"

"The pup should be fine, my Lord," she replied. "But her voice will be a long time healing. There is even the chance that it will not recover, however, there is an old friend not far from here. Another miko, who had some specialty in such areas as this. There is a need for a much finer control than these old bones ever had, and she might be able to do more for her than I am able to do."

"I intend to take her outside," said Sesshomaru. "She can sit near the fire for warmth, as needed, but the air will be fresher there."

"Hai, and it will do the child good, my Lord." spoke the old miko. "She is a child of Nature, my Lord, being cooped up is distasteful to her."

He nodded at this, agreeing with her. The powers of a Miko were something that is granted by Nature as a gift to those who were deemed worthy of such powers. As powerful as Kagome was, her connection to Nature would be stronger than most. Being outside would be good for her.

"After we see to her needs," spoke Sesshomaru to the old miko, "and she has eaten, you and Jaken will take Ah-Un and seek out this miko that you speak of. You will bring her back here."

"Hai, my Lord," said Kaede. She was a elderly woman in a trying time. Death and destruction tended to reign more often than peace and life. But she had not reached her venerable old age by being stupid, and if a Lord, particularly one as power as the Taiyoukai, demanded that something be done, one didn't argue. There were times when one did argue, but one had to pick those times wisely.

This was for Kagome, a girl who had become more of a granddaughter to the old woman than anything. The child needed all of the help that could be given to her, and this was a small task to ask of the elderly miko.

Kaede quickly finished dressing Kagome's feet, and with Sesshomaru's aid, they got the clean clothes on her that Sango and Jaken had brought back during the night. Kaede held back the tent flaps allowing Sesshomaru, who had picked up Kagome, to pass through with his chosen charge.

She brought the furs out with her, and with Rin and Shippo's help, they rolled one of them up, to allow Kagome to lean back against something soft and supporting, and spread a second one over the top to keep her off of the harsh ground. This Sesshomaru, then set Kagome down upon. Kaede took a third fur, and covered Kagome with it to keep the spring chill from her weakened body.

No one noticed the look of hatred directed at Kagome, from the steely eyed look of an ex-priestess across the campfire from the injured girl. A look of green eyed jealousy that ate away at the insides of the once devout priestess, as she watched all of the attention being given to her re-incarnation. At that moment the only thing that mattered to her was that Kagome was getting the attention and loyalty that Kikyou felt she deserved. Not her copy, but she herself.

Not once had it entered her head that she should be grateful to be alive, nor that she had been given back her life, after being dead. Not just dead from the purification arrow that had taken her to hell, but from the nightmare of having walked the earth as the unliving for almost five years. It seemed that she didn't care that it was her re-incarnation that had been responsible for giving her back the life she had so long wished for.

Once Kagome was comfortably situated, and her feet propped up off of the ground, Rin and Shippo took it upon themselves to feed the young Miko. They were tirelessly patient in helping to get the young girl to eat. It took some doing, but with their encouragement, and much coaxing, they finally got her to eat a bowl of the porridge, and to drink some water, as well as the herbal tea for her pain, and to ward off fever. The honey in the porridge and the tea, did much to soothe her throat, and the food would help her body to heal.

Sesshomaru took a moment to kneel beside the young Miko. He leaned in so that he could whisper in her ear, so only she could hear him.

"Kagome," he spoke softly, the whisper of his warm breath across her ear, sending a slight shiver down her spine. He noticed this, and inwardly smiled at her readiness to respond to him. "I have to go take care of some business for a short time. I will only be gone for about a hour. You will be safe here, as I will leave Rin and Shippo with you."

He could see the gleam of tears forming in her eyes. Again, he rejoiced silently. She obviously took pleasure in his presence, and was upset that he would be leaving her even for a short time.

"It is alright, koishi," he said. "You have pleased me greatly and I will not leave you. You need to focus on getting better, koi. You bare our pup within you. You are to be a mother. For our son, you most focus on getting well."

He had come to rely on looking into her face, especially her eyes to see through the window of her soul. Somewhere deep inside, he could still see that small spark of hope that he had seen earlier. It was still small, and fragile, but nonetheless there.

"I must take sometime to hunt," he told her letting all of his sincerity colour his voice. "My word, koishi, I will return shortly." Before he could change his mind, he stood and looked to his brother. Inuyasha just nodded, understanding the need. With that Sesshomaru disappeared into the forest like a predator looking for his prey.

Shortly there after, Jaken and Kaede left on Ah-Un to fetch the miko that Kaede had spoken of. Rin and Shippo were busy talking to Kagome, telling her stories, singing songs, or just playing games together. Even in this, they stayed nearby, so as not to leave the little Miko alone.

"Inuyasha," spoke Miroku after the others had left. "Perhaps you and I could take the time before the weather turns bad, to fetch Kagome-sama's backpack. She last had it just prior to the battle, so it should still be near the clearing."

"You have a point," he replied to the houshi, "but I do not wish to leave her alone while we go fetch it."

"Inuyasha," asked Shippo hearing the two speak about his idea from earlier, "would you two be gone that long? Besides, with the coming back weather, there will not be time to go for it later and the storm might damage it."

"If we travel at my fastest," Inuyasha paused for a moment, "about an hour and a half. That is with Miroku slowing me down, and no pausing for a break along the way. Less if I really push it."

"Let Rin and I watch after Kagome," said the little kitsune. Rin nodded in agreement. "She isn't any problem to care for. Besides, after all of the times that she has cared for us, it is her turn, and Sesshomaru should not be too much longer either."

"Onegai, Inuyasha-sama," spoke up Rin. "Shippo and I will be happy to watch her. We can find ways to help her to feel better, while the two of you go find her things."

Inuyasha was still hesitant. Something nagged at the back of his mind. Something that made him feel that something was wrong, but he could not pin point exactly what it was that gave him that feeling. He turned to look at the children, then let his gaze travel across to Kikyou, who at that moment had a bored and uninterested look on her face as she sat by the fire.

"If we hurry Inuyasha," spoke up Miroku, "maybe we could cut down on the time. I am almost positive that I know where to find the pack. Besides, some of the treatments that Kagome brought from her home might help her get better more quickly."

Inuyasha was still reluctant, but under the pressure of both kids, and the houshi, he finally gave in, against his better judgment.

"Alright," he said reluctantly, "but we are not slowing down for anything. I want this trip done as quickly as possible. Come on Miroku. Shippo, I hold you responsible for watching Kagome. Oh, and Kikyou! If I find that you have done or said anything to her while I am gone," and evil glint steeling in his eyes, "I will MAKE you live to regret it. I promise you."

With that the two leaped for the trees and were gone before anyone could do more than blink.