InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unworthy One ❯ Chapter 21 - Living the Path We Made for Ourselves... ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
**Not for Kikyou Lovers! This story contains violence, sexual content and rape! You are WARNED**

Disclaimer: I do now own Inuyasha, nor any of the associated characters. But it ain't because I don't want or wish to do so.

-------------------------------

Okay guys, gals, and assorted others... I sincerely apologize for not posting up much sooner, however, I had not expected the last chapter of 'Unworthy One', to become what amounts to six more chapters. AHHHHH!!! It is procreating and I didn't realize it....AAAAAHHHH!!!

I have been asked by a number of folks, if I have made up the name for Inuyasha's and Sesshomaru's father. Sugimi-sama. In truth, no. Many believe that his name is Inutaisho, or Inu no Taisho. But in all honesty, Inu no Taisho (gleaned right from the direct translations of the manga), is a title, not a name. The closest translation seems to be 'Lord of the Dog Clan'. In the first movie, there is a sequence, where Myoga is describing a past encounter between Hyouga, and Inuyasha's father. When Inuyasha states the fact, that Myoga was just as much of a coward back then, as he is now, Myoga mentions that both Inuyasha and his father had the same habit of rushing head long into danger.

It should be noted that this is not in the English dubbed version, it is in the original Japanese release with the subtitles. I noticed it in the subtitling, that Myoga called Inuyasha's father Sugimi. I do not know if there is an English meaning for the name, but I do know that in the Japanese version, it is clear that Myoga calls Inuyasha's father by this name. For that reason, I have chosen to refer to him by that name.

This is another long one, but I hope you all like it. Many had asked for one more lemon with Kagome, now healed, and Sesshomaru, now able to let himself go. It is not as hot as would have liked it, but that particular lemon is for another story.

I have one more chapter for this one to go, and it should be done by tomorrow. It is the Epilogue, and will tie up the last of the loose ends for this story. For now, I hope you enjoy the current update.

--------------------------------------------


Chapter 21 - Living the Path We Made for Ourselves...


--------------------------------------------

It was not long after the celebration over the defeat of Naraku, and the granting of the last wish on the Shikon no Tama that Sesshomaru took his mate, ward, retainer, and newly adopted son, back to his own estates. Shortly thereafter, he adopted Rin officially as his daughter, and Kagome signed the papers as her mother. No child could have been happier at that moment, with the exception of Shippo, who was officially adopted as the couple's son.

Surprisingly, when Miroku realized that Inuyasha and Sango had mated, he didn't take it as everyone had thought that he might. As it turned out, he had found that his over all love of women, kept his wayward hand roaming even more now that his curse was no longer there. That Sango had found comfort, respect, and love in the arms of not only another, but his best friend, only warmed the houshi's heart, and made him happy for his friend, and first true love. The two parted and Miroku chose to wander the country for a while, just as he had with the Inu group, but now without the urgent drive that had pushed them all for the last five years.

Surprising everyone even more, was the relationship that so quickly developed between Inuyasha and Sango. They had taken solace in each others arms that night, but in doing so, had found a path to healing two hearts that had suffered so much for too long. After all was said and done, they found that they had much more in common than they knew. Both were strong, had a love for a good battle, enjoyed the challenge of a good fight, valued strength, and held a passion for life that was almost unequalled by any others.

As Sesshomaru had said, Sango was good for Inuyasha. While she didn't have his short temper, she was not afraid to put him in his place when she felt the need, and while she didn't have the subduing spell that Kagome held over the fiery tempered hanyou, Hiraikotsu more than made up for the lack. Both were over joyed when Inuyasha awoke one morning about a week after they had first mated, to tell his love that not only was she carrying his pup, but that it was a boy. Kagome was glad that both of her friends, the woman, who had become a sister to her, and the hanyou, her first love.

Eventually, as word of the death of Naraku spread, they found themselves being called out to help villages with rogue or wild youkai. What was the most surprising was that instead of blindly going out to kill the youkai in these cases, Sango and Inuyasha would first try to find the youkai and see if there were peaceful ways to solve the problems.

Kohaku remained with them and helped them in the various contracts that came their way. He never quite took to the killing though, and Sango and Inuyasha never pushed him. They understood, as did everyone that his past transgressions while under Naraku's influence, still filled his mind with guilt, and they knew that was something that he would never truly get over. When his aneue became Inuyasha's mate, he helped them build their new home, and later when Sango had their first child, Kohaku happily enjoyed the proud position of uncle.

Eventually, he found a nice, quiet, young onna in the village. One who didn't care too much for adventures, and settled down with him to live out the rest of his days as a proud uncle to his sister's children, and father to his own, and a quiet life of simple farming, taking pleasure in what others saw as a hard and boring life.

Sometimes Sango and Inuyasha would ask that Kagome help them in cases where a peaceful solution was preferred, as her reputation as the one who had finally taken out the vile hanyou, was as well spoken of as the rest of the group. She was known as the most power Miko to ever live, and her compassion was widely known. Many who would not trust to talking to anyone else, would talk to the little Miko. If she made a promise, it was known that it would be kept and everyone trusted her word.

Ultimately, this reputation garnered her far more protectors and defenders that any would have guessed. Many had suffered from the evil designs of Naraku. When he was taken down, those whose lives had been lived in fear and terror of his shadow darkening their doors, found new light and hope which all attributed to her sacrifice and bravery. Many took heart in her story, and chose to pattern their own lives after of her's, living to enjoy life to the fullest, holding love and hope close to their hearts, and helping those whose lives they crossed regardless of species, gender, or lifestyle.

Miroku eventually came back to Inuyasha's Forest and linked back up with Inuyasha and Sango. It worked out well, as about that time, Kaede finally passed on to the next life herself, being to old to carry on. His own spiritual powers had grown over the years of fighting Naraku, and he had learned a new control for them in his more recent wanderings, now that he was not held back by the fears of the curse he once had. He already had a reputation far and wide for more than just the hentai houshi that he was happy to be, and many trusted him as they had trusted the old miko and he spent his days making her old spirit proud.

Rin and Shippo eventually found that they were inseparable. The two hit it off when they met, and there was never a day passed that they could not be found together, either spending time just walking through the vast gardens of the Western Lord's estates, sitting watching the passing of the stars at night, or plotting mischief that usually ended up with Jaken at the less than desirable end of the plot. Still, the grumbling old gami youkai took pride in the trust that his Lord and Lady had for him, by leaving the two in his care whenever they were away.

When Sesshomaru and Kagome's first born son, Taishou came into the world, not only was Jaken there, he was proud beyond words to find that both parents trusted him enough to make him the boy's godfather. The old gami might have seemed to be slow at times, and he still had a habit of not remembering when to keep his mouth shut, but his knowledge was immense, and his skills at finding things, information, and resources was almost unmatched. While the little gami (toad) youkai, in truth, put up with a lot of abuse on a day to day basis, what he lacked in cooth, he more than made up for is the copious skills he had in other ways. Being gifted with the priviledge of being his Lord's first born son's godfather, let Jaken know in ways that he had never imagined, how much he was truly appreciated.

The Lord of the Western Lands was seen to be a changed Taiyoukai after his first born child came into the world. Although he was still a very stoic and seemingly unemotional being, he seemed less cold that he once was. He still ruled with a strong, iron fist, but while this was directed against those who were known to taunt the laws of the land, towards the innocent he was far more lenient and compassionate than in the past.

Kagome learned the job of being Lady of the Western Lands, with a passion and fervor that left heads spinning. As an onna of Fuedal Japan, she had a great advantage over all other onna. She had an education. Though only 20, going on 21 when they first mated, Kagome already had knowledge of writing, reading, math, science, even health, and then there was history. Obviously, her strongest subject. Even just with the reading and writing, she was far above the vast majority of the females of the times.

Most women of the time were nothing more than possessions of their husbands, never really holding any kind of station in life that truly meant anything important, and rarely owning any kind of property, unless the last living survivor of their bloodline. While she never sided publicly against Sesshomaru and the way he ruled his domain, it was known that her influence brought more wisdom to his rule and made the difference in how even more prosperous his already rich lands became.

Kouga, who had tried to step down as Prince of the Ookami, because of his oath to Midoriko, found that not only was there no one who wanted the job, but that his pack would not hear of his doing so. The same arrogant, demanding, confident, and nearly blind stubborn being that had been driven to try to fight the evil hanyou, was known to use those same abilities to fight for him pack, and to rule it wisely. None would hear of anyone else attempting to take his place.

Over the years, Inuyasha and Kouga became friends of a sort. While they still found grounds to argue and fight on, they no longer held the anger that they once had. The Ookami Prince finally came to accept that he had lost the onna that he had never really had, and found solace and love in the arms of Ayame. They finally mated, almost a year after that fateful night, and many of the new pups that filled out his now growing and thriving pack, he stood proud to claim as his own.

All of Inuyasha's pack, found happiness in their lives, and pleasure in their friendship, and became what was really one large and rapidly growing extended family. All helped each other whenever the need called, and all supported each other through thick and thin. All who knew of them, marvelled at the bond that they had forged, and many used it to find and forge their own bonds, while others just look on in quiet envy.

---------------------------

The sun was just setting on what had been a beautiful spring day. The newly bloomed flowers of the season still filled the air with their fragrance. The first birds of the seaon were already sending out their calls, both marking their territories, and calling their mates to their sides. The happy buzz of the season's first bees filled the air with their music as they took advantage of the rich bounty promised by the fragrant and colourful blossoms.

The rising clouds of steam floating upon the air, stood as a proud sign of a hot spring. Surrounded with the almost ethereal beauty of a half dozen ancient and well cared for sakura trees, the springs could obviously be seen as both private, and highly valued. The most surprising thing around this particular set up springs, was not the convenient boulders, or the ever present and ready servants who tended them, nor even the late season flowers that were already in bloom because of their nearness to the warm waters. No! It was the ever present growth of vines. Vines that were always in bloom, regardless of the time of year, or the time of day, with moonflowers, that lent their fragrance to the springs, even in the dead of winter.

The soft sound of a door being opened, coming from the nearby building that to anyone looking on, was obviously a grand and regal palace, temporarily broke the serene peace that had hovered over the area. The silent passing of a small raven haired onna, could be seen heading for the soothing comfort of the springs, a soft, warm robe wrapped about her dimunitive form.

As she approached the steaming waters, a servant came up to take her robe, and left behind a small bottle of fragrant oil, some soothing herb scented soap, and sprinkled some fragrant blossoms from the nearby trees into the water. At a nod from the onna, the servant was dismissed and returned back to the palace, but not so far that she could not be at her Lady's call.

It has been along day, and Kagome was glad of being able to have a little quiet time in the pool, to enjoy the steaming waters, and just relax. Even with a house full of servants, the children could be a handful, and love them as she did, it was still nice to just get away from them for a little bit.

She was washing her hair, when a sudden motion in the water, heralded the arrival of the owner of a pair of strong, clawed hands that took up the task that her own hands had been doing. With almost expert care and skill, those same hands, gently massaged her scalp, as they finished cleaning her long raven black tresses.

A soft, heated whisper caressed her ear, sending a shiver of delight down her spine, and a soft moan escaping her lips. "Rinse," was all it said, the voice was husky with barely restrained passion. She readily complied with the soft command, as those same clawed hands helped to get all of the soap from her hair.

As she came back up, she tried to turn to gaze into the eyes of their owner, but was prevented from doing so, when they grabbed her around the waist and pulled her back into a hard, well muscled chest. At the feel of the hardened arousal bring pressed against her backside, she moaned softly again, leaning her head back into the strong shoulder that had comforted her often over the past ten years.

She leaned her head to the side, giving easier access to her throat and the mark that was the symbol of the mate to whom she belonged. The feel of a pair of warm lips, sharp fangs, and a hot tongue grazing over the sensitive and arousing spot, quickly left a warm feeling, pooling in her eager loins, and a weakness in her knees as she willingly let the strength of her mate support her.

His hands sought out the mounds of her full and lush breasts, kneading the mounds and rolling the rapidly hardening areola between his fingers, until she was moaning in pleasure, and panting for breath. Her hand reached up, to tangle in the silken silver tresses of the Taiyoukai, his name easily and lustfully passing her panting lips.

"S-s-s-sessho-maru," she breathed softly.

Her hand found the pointed shell of his ear, and began to rub the sensitive appendage, pulling a moan from his lips, and a lustful growl from deep in his chest. The vibrations of that rumble, was sending shockwaves of pleasure coursing through her anticipating body, setting her skin to tingling, her nerves on fire with the passion he was building with the simplest of actions, and her blood boiling for want of her mate.

"Hmmm! That feels so good," she panted through slightly parted lips, as another moan escaped her.

He finally allowed her to turn in his arms, as he captured those panting lips in a hot, passionate, and devouring kiss. He let his hands continue to assault her breasts, as he continued to roll the areola between his fingers, until they were darkened and engorged with blood from his attention. As she groaned her passion in the mix of pleasure and pain, he released one of her breasts only to take the swollen, sensitive flesh into his heated mouth, sucking it deep and hard, leaving her gasping for breath, as she begged him to continue.

With her hands fisted in his hair, she pulled him closer to her now heated flesh, and leaned over to nibble on the point of one of his ears. She shuddered at the lustful growl that rumbled up from the depths of the Youkai Lord's chest, his hands sliding down to massage her waist, as they made their way around to grab the soft, lush curves of her rear, expertly kneading them. Occasionally a long, caressing finger would sensuously slid up along the fold between the two shivering cheeks, and pull a heated groan from her lips at the feeling.

She continued her assault on his ear, knowing it to be one of the places that he found most arousing. Despite her desire to just give in to the passion that his actions were building in her welcoming and eager body, a brief thought crossed her mind.

"What of the children?" she barely managed to asked between her panted moans.

"They are visiting their Uncle and Aunt," came the husky reply, as the Youkai Lord raised his head to once again capture her mouth in a heated kiss.

At their next pause for breath, "You are entrusting our children to Inuyasha's care?"

"Don't worry," he said, as he continued to tease her body, arousing her even more with each stroke of his hand on her heated flesh. "I sent Jaken, and a couple of the servants with them. Besides, Ah-Un, and Kirara know how to keep the twins in line. Inuyasha will not suffer........too much...!"

They both chuckled at that last thought, and Kagome let go of her concerns, letting the pleasure Sesshomaru was enticing from her body take her to that land of blissful passion that they both so enjoyed. She let her hands trace random patterns along his heated flesh, leaving a tingling path of fire along his chest, and stomach, as she moved to slide her hands lower and lower. She found the heated and hardened rod there, and grabbing it firmly began to softly and gently stroke him.

He groaned loudly at the heated contact, and the pleasurable sensation her touch gave to him. A low, but steady growl eminated from his chest, almost purr like in nature, as she stroked his arousal to almost painful proportions. Both were panting for breath, almost fighting for the next gulp of air. But neither noticed or cared.

Reluctantly, he took her hands way, and leaned her up against a nearby rock, spread her legs, and eagerly dove in to taste of her honeyed essence. Each time they embraced, each time they kissed, each time they found solace and passion in each others arms, was just like the first time, but with a number of important differences.

Now she was completely aware of his actions, welcoming them openly, with her entire being. She was also not suffering from assorted injuries, the only pain being what they chose to give to each other as their passion soared. Most importantly, she had back that beautiful, musical voice that he had longed to hear the first time that they had joined. A voice that over the years, he had found was as soothing and enticing as her intoxicating scent. Neither of which, could he ever get enough of.

He drove his tongue, deeper and deeper between her folds, her passion so strong that she was already gushing as her essence coated his hot and eager tongue. Soon she was writhing in pleasure as his actions made her blood boil, her heart race, and coiled that familiar spring of aching need, tighter and tighter. Her groans grew in strength, as the heat in her lower regions grew.

It was all music to his ears, her blood literally singing to his own. Just as he had learned those first few times that they had joined, he loved to hear the silent sounds of her body. They were just as arousing now, as they had been then, and only served to increase his desire, his need, his hunger for her. They seemed to create a music that called out to his very soul.

No matter how many times he tasted her sweet nectar, he always found he craved more. No matter how often he lapped at her core, she always found the excitement of his hot tongue stroking her most sensitive of places, just as deeply pleasurable as the first time.

The muscles of her hot, and writhing passage, began to ripple from his actions, signally her impending release. Eagerly, he drove even deeper to savor every drop of her sweet essence as her release tore through her convulsing form.

He eased her down from the rock, and with ease he picked up her still writhing form, carrying her over to the side of the pool where, just like the vines of moonflowers, a patch of soft grass always grew. Not giving her a chance to completely recover from the throws of her first release, he spread her legs and quickly drove himself to the hilt into her heated and pulsing passage.

**GGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr** "You feel so good," he growled huskily, nibbling at the shell of her ear. "So tight, so hot,...so...wet...."

"Ahhh! Hai....more....onegai..." she panted as she wrapped her legs around his waist, her hands trailing feather light touches all along his sides, his waist, and his hips, sending shivers of delight along the path her fingers created. His groan of heated passion, soon became a growl of lustful desire, as he leaned his head to the side to nip at the mark he had made proudly, so many years before.

It was the most arousing spot on his mate's body, other than the spot that he was now thrusting so deeply into, just as hers was on his own body. It had been one of the most memorable days in his life, the day she was recovered enough from her own ordeal, to not only fully enjoy their coupling, but to finally mark him, as he had marked her. Now, as he continued to stir the fires racing through her heated body, by nibbling his own mark, she returned the pleasure eagerly as she nipped at her own mark on his.

As he increased the pace of his thrusts, almost pounding into her eager depths, her groans grew in their intensity until she was almost screaming his name to the heavens above. The sounds she was making was music to his passion, the singing of their blood calling out to each others souls, as he continued to drive into her harder, deeper, and faster.

"Hai...more...deeper" she cried out, as her body began to convulse yet again, in another almost violent release. The tightening of the muscles of her hot, moist core clenched around him like a vice, pulling an even stronger and more lustful growl from his chest.

"Kami, but you feel so good," he growled with heated desire into her ear.

"As...do...you...my...mate," she purred between her efforts to gain her breath as she started to come down from her release.

With skilled ease, he pulled out, and turned her over onto her stomach. Grabbing her hips, he urged her to her knees, only to drive harder than ever into her hot and writhing depths. With each deep, hard thrust, he hit that sweet spot that kept her writhing beneath him, once again her cries of passion filling the air.

"Ahhhh! Hai...harder...again...hai," she growled lustfully.

Her hunger filled growls of lust called to the Youkai within, the same Youkai that had chosen her all those years ago, the Youkai that she had accepted as fully as she had accepted his more rational conscious self. She had explained to him back then that to her one side of his being was as much a part of him as the other. She loved and accepted all of him, whether it was his 'lust' crazed blood beast or his logical, but still 'lust' crazed self.

Where once he had been hesitant to release his beast, and let him have his way on their nights of passion, he had learned to let himself go. She loved all of him, and her passion for his Youkai was just a strong as her passion for him. His own passion for his mate, was only matched by his blood beast's desire for her, as well. He knew that his beast would not harm her. That knowledge in the back of his mind gave him the freedom to let his beast take control.

With a roar announcing to the world his claim on his mate, his Youkai took control and drove the desire in her to even greater heights. As his claws extended, those deadly, unsheathed talons, found their way to her breasts. Those breasts that filled his hands so perfectly, as he now kneaded them once again. He leaned back on his heels, bringing her up with him, slamming harder and harder up into her heated core.

**GGGgggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr**

"My hot....sweet...little bitch," he growled in pleasure, the husky lustfulness of his voice causing her to shudder at his words.

"Hai...y-y-y-ou-r-rs," she growled back with equal lust, her own hunger for his assault on her over-sensitive heated flesh, more than evident.. "I am...your...b-b-b-i-it-ch. T-t-t-take me....I-I-I...am yours."

"Hai...my sweet bitch," the beast growled his approval, as she welcomed his claim and gave herself to him fully, "mine....my mate...."

**GGGgggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr**

He let her back down on her hands and knees, never breaking his stride as he slammed harder, and deeper into her hot, tight, moist, and writhing sheath. With every thrust he hit her sweet spot, her body convulsing in lust filled pleasure each time he did. He leaned over her, as her arms gave out, and she slumped down on her elbows, the angle only allowing him to drive even deeper into her heated depths. His own release was rapidly approaching. As his own muscles began to spasm, he reasserted his claim on his mate, by sinking his fangs into his mark. The sweet taste of her blood, filled his mouth, and rushed to his senses, escalating his release to new heights.

"AAAHHhhhhh! Hai...kami....I-I-I'm...," she cried, as her body began to give in to the almost earth shattering release he was bringing her to.

"SESSHOMARU", rang through the night, as her release raged through her now exhausted form.

**GGGGGGGggggggggggggggrrrrrrrroooooaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr**, roared through the night, hard on the heels of her own cry, his released filling her womb with his hot and potent seed.

Growling in contented pleasure and satisfaction, as he rolled over onto his side, still sheathed deeply inside of his mate's tight passage, bringing his exhausted mate with him. He pulled her close to his chest, his arm snaked around her waist, his hand cupped around one of her breasts.

"Aishiteru, my mate," growl the red eyed beast, a sigh of blissful pleasure escaping his lips, as he snuggled her close, almost purring at her nearness. He nuzzled his mark on her neck, contentedly, letting her scent soothe him.

"Aishiteru, mate," she softly returned, sleep already rapidly taking over, as she happily nestled in the safe harbor of his embrace.

The warmth of the springs kept away the light chill of the late spring night. If there was anything of importance, the servants knew where to find him. Still, old habits, and long used instincts worn like a second skin, didn't allow for the Taiyoukai to give into his desire for rest until he gave one last check of the area around him and his mate.

With senses finely tuned over centuries of experience, he reassured himself that all was quiet, and at peace. He then let the soft caress of sleep claim his awareness as the dark curtains of peaceful slumber fell over his vision. There would be time later, to take his mate to their personal chambers. For now the stars would watch over them.

--------------------------------------

The sun had long arisen, it now being in the late morning hours. The cacophony of birds, long since toned down as the earlier morning concert gave way to the natural drive to seek out food and nesting materials for their soon to be summer homes.

The heady fragrance of late spring blooms still hung in the air, mixed with the promise of rain, perhaps later in the day. All-in-all, the day promised to be warm, and beautiful, at least until about sunset.

A stray ray of sunlight caressed the peaceful features of the two resting people in the enormous, silk and fur covered futon. Before it could interrupt their repose, however, a raucous in another part of the palace took care of the job that the stray bit of light had not yet had time to do. As the sounds of what seemed like a major catastrophy filled the hallways of the royal building, the two frowned and reluctantly awoke.

"Ohayo, koishi," said Kagome, as she snuggled contentedly in the arms of her mate. At the contented growl that eminated from deep in his well muscled, and toned chest, she smiled and kissed him.

"Ohayo, my mate," was the lovingly growled response, as Sesshomaru deepened the kiss, smirking as he drew a moan of pleasure from his beloved. It was short lived, however, as the disruption grew louder and seemed to be rapidly coming closer. Still the reposing couple didn't seem overly worried.

Sesshomaru, without conscious thought, wrapped his tail around his mate, to cover her from the waist up, as moments later, the door to their private chambers, suddenly burst open to an excited, happy, energetic, and rowdy pack of youkai, hanyou, gami (toad), neko, and ningen, came tumbling into the room. It left a mass of tangled limbs, and writhing bodies rolling around on the floor. But only for a few short moments, before several of the smallest separated themselves, and came bounding, full tilt, onto the bed and into the middle of their parents.

"Mama! Papa!" was the joint cry, as the three joyful, and youngest of the youkai pups leaped on their parents, full of giggles, and happy smiles. The seven year old, twin girls, both with their mother's raven black hair, and their father's golden eyes, and markings, Genichi, and Kinuka, tackled their parents with bear hugs, happy to see them after their night out with their uncle. Their two year old, little brother, with his father's silver hair, and his mother's cerulean blue eyes, Kunihiro, snuggled down in the warmth of the covers and into Kagome's lap, and immediately exchanged his fingers, for his mother's breast. A whole night and much of the previous day was a long time to be away from mama, and he was determined to make up for lost time.

Moments later, a five year old hanyou with black hair, small but very sensitive black ears, and his mother's dark brown eyes, walked over to the side of the huge futon, nearest to Sesshomaru. With all of the dignity of his great and powerful Uncle, Nichika held up his arms to be lifted up to sit in his Uncle's lap. Sesshomaru readily complied with his little nephew's silent request.

His two older sisters, ten year old Atsune, and seven year old Kaede, both the spitting image of their hanyou father, along with their dark haired, blue eyed, youkai cousin of five years of age, Masateru, were busy tackling their Uncle to the floor, who seemed to have been trying to catch them before they could barge into their parents' bedroom. Of course, the attempt was unsuccessful, even with the 'aid ?' of his mate, and the ever present, but not much help Jaken. Jaken was, however, the one getting the worst of the deal, as he seemed to be the one that everyone else was piling on top of.

To the side, standing as proud as his revered and much worshipped father, ten year old, Taishou, an exact copy of his father at a younger age, was trying hard to ignore the fun that everyone else seemed to be having. While the look on his face was one that almost rivaled his father's, the look in his eyes was one of longing to join in on the fun.

Despite his best efforts to not smile, or show how he felt, a smirk began to take over his face, as his cousins and younger brother were having fun. Aunt Sango had Uncle Inuyasha pinned to the floor, while Masateru, did his level best to imitate her using Jaken as his victim. The girls were busy tickling their father, now that he was helplessly pinned to the floor by their mother, and unable to retaliate from their attacks.

Sesshomaru and Kagome just watched, as they saw their eldest son trying very hard not to give in to the urge to join in the frolick on the floor. They looked at each other with a knowing gleam in their eyes, as the boy finally cracked and charged at his Uncle, tickling him for all he was worth.

Through all of this, Kirara wandered over to a convenient window seat and sat down to watch the antics on the floor in the middle of the room. At least she did, until a snort from outside caused a brief, but strong gust of wind to sail through the open window, ruffling her fur and toppling her over in an undignified tumble from her convenient perch.

When she recovered herself with as much dignity as she could reclaim, she jumped back up on the window seat, only to find two pair of huge draconic eyes, staring at her through the window. Although she did her best to ignore the mischievious gleam in those eyes, the little neko youkai was soon tumbled off of the seat once more.

When the doragon, Ah-Un seemingly snickered at her ungraceful landing, she mewled and leaped out of the window, transforming to full size as she did, and the chase was on, as Ah-Un took off trying to keep the now huge neko youkai from catching him. From the gleam in their eyes, it was obvious that not getting caught was definitely not high on their list.

When it seemed that things were not going to calm down, any time soon, Sesshomaru let loose a growl that almost shook the walls. Silence instantly reigned supreme in the master bedroom of the grand palace. It was anything but a serious scene, however, as Inuyasha was still pinned to the floor, although now both he and Sango were looking towards Sesshomaru. Masateru still had a rather good imitation of Sango's hold, on Jaken, while the girls, and his older brother, Taishou, still had their hands lodged in various places upon their Uncle's body, having stilled them the instant that the Great Taiyoukai had growled. All eyes were now upon the Taiyoukai, making the earlier raucous look even funnier than it had a moment ago.

With a gleam in his eyes, Sesshomaru looked at his brother.

"Inuyasha," he intoned in a deep and serious voice. "WHAT is the meaning of this intrusion?"

"Eh,....uhm....Well, it was Jaken...." he trailed off.

"Jaken," spoke the stoic and stern voiced Sesshomaru, now turning to his loyal, and quite worried retainer. "Explain yourself!"

"Uh...er...uhm...Well, it was all Inuya..." he paused when the hanyou growled at him. Gulping he tried again, "I mean, it was that Taij...." Another growl broke into his attempt to explain, but this time from the Taijiya herself. He still remembered well her fiery nature and strong grip. "Uhm....well...it was the children," he began again. "They, uhm....wanted to see you, my Lord, and uh....I...."

The growls of seven of the eight children in the room, stopped the little gami (toad) youkai again.

"Taishou," spoke Sesshomaru. His eldest son immediately stood up, dusted himself off, and once again took up his proud and stoic stance, awaiting his father's wishes. "Is this true?"

Although all eyes were turned his way, not one ounce of nervousness showed in either his demeanor or stance. Without a second's thought, he replied to his father.

"Iie, father!"

"Taishou," spoke up Sesshomaru.

"Hai, father?" the boy asked.

"You know what to do!" was the response.

"Hai, father!" the boy said once again, this time turning to Jaken, he grabbed the Staff of Skulls, which the little gami (toad) youkai seldom ever let out of his grasp. Masateru knowing what was coming, quickly moved out of the way. Taishou stood just as proud as ever, and took up a stance that would have made any modern day golfer proud, drew back with practiced ease, and let swing through, keeping his eye on the ball, er...uhm...toad....

Jaken went sailing as smooth as can be, right out of the same window that Kirara had jumped out of earlier, his cry disappearing in the distance, just as he, himself was.

Several small voices from various parts of the room, all in unison cried....

"YAY!!!! Jaken-sama is trying to learn how to fly, again!", immediately followed by a chorus of giggles that filled the room with unrestrained mirth. Obviously, Jaken was still highly valued for his entertainment purposes among children.

As everyone got settled back to something like normal, Kirara returned briefly with a slightly bruised and somewhat disgruntled Jaken hanging from her mouth, until she dropped him unceremoniously through the balcony window and onto the floor. While he was busy recovering from his most recent lesson in the art of flying, the children were all taking turns telling their mother and father of the great time that they had spent with their Aunt and Uncle.

Masateru was all excitement, as he told his parents of his older brother's latest accomplishments. The two boys, though five years apart, were almost inseparable. Masateru admired his older brother, Taishou, and often could be found following him around like a lost puppy. For his part, Taishou was just as proud of his younger brother.

"Mama, you should see what Taishou can do!" he said eagerly, "Show them Taishou, onegai!"

Once again, Taishou stood tall and proud, this time closing his eyes and holding out both of his hands. After a moment of concentration, in which all of the other children were holding their breath with excitement, in Taishou's right had a small blue white sphere formed, hovering just above his open palm. In the mean time, the claws of the first two fingers of his left hand, began to glow green, and the sweet smell of his father's poison soon filled the air.

A moment later, with a deep breath to regain himself, the scent disappeared and the glowing sphere vanished with a sudden pop. All was silent for a moment and then his brothers, sisters, and cousins, along with his Aunt and Uncle began to cheer for him and offered their words of encouragement.

None of that matter to the child, however, as all of his attention was on his mother and father to see what they thought of his achievements. As did all of the young youkai and hanyou in the room, they well knew that the Youkai Lord was not the most expressive person in the world, but this only made his compliments all the more valued when he gave them.

"You have done well, my son," stated the ever stoic voice of the Youkai Lord, but it was those words and the gleam of pride in his eyes that had Taishou standing just a bit taller, and a bit more proud, as a smile bright enough to light up the room, spread acrossed his youthful face.

"Arigato, father," returned the boy.

"Very well done Taishou," spoke up Kagome. It was indeed, a considerable accomplishment that their son was showing not only his father's abilities, but totally unexpected and remarkable that he, a boy was showing her miko abilities. "I think that we should look into getting a houshi or miko to start training you in the use of your powers."

"Could Miroku-sama train me?" he fairly burst out in his excitement.

"I will speak to the houshi and we shall see what arrangements can be made," spoke up Sesshomaru. This only further added to the boy's pride.

"Mama! Papa!" spoke up Kinuka and Genichi, the twins. "Look what Miroku-sama taught us that we can do!"

At this announcement, both girls scooted to the end of the bed. Jaken got almost frightfully nervous. Apparently, the houshi had been quite busy with the children the day before. Inuyasha and Sango, by now no longer lying in the middle of the floor, just smiled wickedly as they too watch the twins.

The two girls, looked at each other, then put their palms out toward each other until their hands met. They seemingly stared into each others' eyes, and began to chant to themselves. Within moments, a brightly glowing wreath of small round objects, suddenly appeared from a couple of hidden pouches that the girls had in their garments.

These objects, along with the bright glow, raced towards the little gami (toad) youkai. When it had wreathed his neck, the glow began to fade, and in its place was a string of perfectly round beads, periodically interspersed with small lizard fangs. The two girls seeing this, giggled and turned to look at their parents.

It was the mischievious gleam in their eyes that put everyone on alert, as moments later they looked back at a now sweating Jaken and almost as one said, "Osuwari!"

While it was not the resounding *THUD* that had become common place for Inuyasha doing a face plant, it did come off as a satisfying *splat* as the little youkai immediately became acquainted with the floor. Luckily for him, the girls powers were not very strong, and while he could not remove the necklace any more than Inuyasha could remove the one that he still proudly wore, he at least....for now anyway....didn't have to worry about crater size holes.....uhm.....yet...

As giggles, and laughter filled the room, Kagome and Sesshomaru looked at each other, and mix of pride and surprise in their eyes. It was obvious that they had some budding miko's in the family and something had to be done to bring in suitable training for them all before things got out of hand.

"Perhaps we should send Ah-Un for Miroku-sama today," Kagome stated as her and Sesshomaru both hugged the twins. "I think we might want to get some of that training started sooner than we think."

Sesshomaru didn't get much more than a chance to nod, as the earlier noise level threatened to overwhelm the room once more.

"YAAAY!!" burst out all of the children. Kunihiro was the only one who was not adding to the noise, in fact, he had chosen to totally ignore everything except the fact that he was back with mama. He had long since finished nursing, and was now snuggly settled in her lap, warmed by his father's furry tail, cheek resting in her stomach, and sound asleep, despite the noise.

"It would seem that you all had a lot of fun with your Aunt and Uncle," stated Kagome, smiling brightly herself.

"Hai, we did mama," was the joint reply from the twins, and the boys. "We got to build a HUGE bon-fire, and listen to the best stories. Miroku-sama showed us some magic, and Aunt Sango showed us how she can throw Hiraikotsu, and we got to see the Goshinbuko, and the old well, and...."

Another growl came from Sesshomaru, though not as loud or sharp as the earlier one. It was obvious that they had a good time, and were anxious to tell everyone about their good time.

"Why don't you let your Uncle and Aunt take you all out to the garden," he said, when quiet once more took over the room, "while your mother and I get dressed. We will be down to join your shortly."

Before anyone could even nod, seven energetic children, immediately began to scramble for the door, grabbing Sango and Inuyasha as they went, Masateru dragging Jaken, who had not yet had time to stand up, by the foot, out the door and down the hall. As the noise faded down the corridor, Kagome, still holding Kunihiro and Sesshomaru got up and dressed for the day.

------------------

Later that afternoon, the two families stood outside, enjoying the warm sunshine, fragrant breezes and beauty of the surrounding landscape bursting with spring's lush growth. The children were all playing happily, even Kunihiro, who had finally awakened, was having a good time with his brother's, sister's and cousins. The servants had set out a picnic like meal, and everyone ate as they desired, just enjoying the peace of the day.

In a nearby meadow of fragrant and colourful flowers, a particular neko youkai and a two headed doragon (dragon) youkai, were occupied with being somewhat frolicksome in the warm spring time sunshine. Ah-Un had only just returned from having gone to the village by Inuyasha's Forest. There he had picked up not only Miroku, but Shippo and Rin as well.

Shippo and Rin had been mates for the past five years. With them, were their three kits, who were only too happy to join in the fun that the others were having. Jaken just looked pale, and more sickly than his normal sickly green colour, when he saw them arrive, remembering the antics of the young ningen and the little kitsune, from when his Lord had first brought them home.

Their oldest, five year old Chiyuki, had his mother's dark hair, and eyes, but his father's fangs, ears, and kitsune magic. Itsuko, was their second kit, a beautiful girl of three, with her father's green eyes, and red hair, and although she didn't have his fangs, and ears, she did have the same kitsune magic as her brother. The youngest kit, was one year old Eriko. She was the spitting image of her mother, but was already showing signs of her father's kitsune magic.

All three kitsune hanyou had their parents penchance for mischief, and as seemed to be the case with any child that got within a mile of the little gami (toad) youkai, Jaken soon became their favorite 'toy/victim/....er...uhm...friend..yeah...that's it...friend...' for having someone to practice their latest antics on. Although Eriko was too young to do much, she still had a habit of surprising everyone by occasionally casting small illusions, though her favorite habit seemed to be casting tiny little fox fires that usually ended up being on Jaken's nose or head.

Seeing his favorite 'cousin', Kunihiro and Erika were soon having a good time of their own, while the other children played the more energetic games that the two youngest were still not able to keep up with. It didn't stop Kunihiro from trying, but he often found it preferable to spend time with his Uncle Shippou's youngest daughter, than trying to keep up with his older siblings.

----------------------

It had been a wonderful day, and no one was anxious for it to end any time soon. It was still several hours until sunset, and the day had proven to be a beautiful, although the earlier promise of rain, could clearly be seen building on the distant eastern horizon. Still it was far enough away that it was not a concern to the happy group of families still enjoying the companionship they offered one another, and the fun that they were all having.

The adults were all exchanging stories, jokes, and news. The children, as are the want of the energetically youthful, were busy playing hide and seek. This being one of the easier games for even the youngest to enjoy, the older ones helped both Eriko and Kunihiro join in the fun. Kirara and Ah-Un lay companionably nearby, having had their own fun earlier, and were not taking a break and enjoying the antics of their extended family and wayward charges.

Suddenly, a loud screech tore through the air, immediately followed by a scream of absolute terror. Before anyone could more than jump, and take the first step towards the children, a huge vulture youkai, talons readied and a wing span that easily overshadowed the entire palace and the surrounding grounds, had swooped down and grabbed one of the children in its razor sharp claws.

Palace guards had already been heading towards the group, but the enormous youkai was just too fast, and its attack too sudden for anyone to react in time. Shippo and Rin reached the group of now frightened children first, and it took only moments for them to see that it was Kunihiro that had been grabbed by the attacking beast. But even they were not as quick enough to save the still terror stricken and screaming child.

Surprisingly, Sesshomaru ran to the children just as Shippo and Rin had done. Kirara, still in her larger form, had Sango on board in seconds, and was already taking off to give chase to the brazen bird. Inuyasha was only seconds behind, as Ah-Un grabbed the hanyou and threw him upon their back and was right beside their beloved mate, also giving chase.

"Taishou," commanded the calm and stoic voice of the Taiyoukai, the boy immediately responding to his father's voice. "Go to you mother!"

Understanding the reason for this command, Taishou didn't question it, he just turned and immediately ran to Kagome's side.

"Kinuka! Genichi!" the Taiyoukai commanded again. The twins, though frightened had learned long ago the value of listening to their father's words, especially in a crisis situation.

"Hai, father," both said in perfect unison.

"I trust you to set an example to the others," was all he said. Both girls nodded their understanding, as they turned to their siblings and cousins and began to herd the group of frightened children into the safer walls of the palace. Shippo, Rin, Atsune, and several of the guards who had reached the group, followed protecting their backs in case there were other vulture youkai nearby.

With the children safely accounted for, Sesshomaru turned back, but still he didn't go for the youkai, or his son hanging in the beasts talons. In fact, he no longer even needed to do so, as the vulture youkai found himself unable to move, scream, or breath. Instead, the Youkai Lord joined his eldest son now standing beside Kagome, his focus not on what was happening above, but on his mate and what was happening to her.

Something that the vulture youkai could not see, had him by the throat, preventing him from being able to draw breath to breathe, or to scream. His wings were held outstretched, unable to flap them up or down, although their current position the fluctuating air currents held him aloft for the moment. A sharp pain pierced his taloned feet, loosing his grip on his intended prey.

The angle of his head, allowed him to see what was happening to his feet. As he watched, huge gashes suddenly appeared in each of his legs, running down almost to the tips of each talon. As the blood poured from each wound, his grip on the child weakened, and Kunihiro fell from his grasp.

Kunihiro didn't fall far, however, as the same unseen force that held the vulture, grabbed the inuyoukai boy and gently moved him away from the offending youkai. Ah-Un moments later, flew beneath the still screaming and terrified child, allowing Inuyasha to grab him and pull him to safety as he hugged the scared child in his protective embrace.

Still the vulture youkai was held in in place, the gashes gouged into his legs and talons, were still bleeding profusely. Even as he watched his life pouring away, he was astonished to see the gashes that had only moments ago, been torn into his flesh, just as suddenly begin to heal. The bleeding stopped and his wings were pulled in towards his body, the pressure on his throat eased enough for him to breathe, and he too was moved by the same unseen force.

Several eagle youkai guards, had reached the entrapped youkai. In their own talons were the ends of an enormous net, which they used to bind the vulture, as they took up the weight of the restrained beast. Seeing this, both Taishou and Sesshomaru turned back to Kagome.

"Mother," spoke Taishou, keeping his voice soothing. He had been just as frightened as the others, although not for himself, as much as for his baby brother, and for his mother, knowing what it cost her every time her instincts took control to keep her family safe. "Uncle Inuyasha has Kunihiro now. He is safe, mother. You saved him. You can stop now. The guards have the youkai. Onegai, mother. Stop before you hurt yourself."

Even after all of the years, and despite not being injured, it was still hard on the little Miko when her powers took control of her dimunitive form, and worked off of her emotions and instinct. Taishou learned as he was growing up that his mother was the most powerful Miko to ever exist. He could not have grown up and not learned of it, with all of the times that she had protected him, when he was little, and all of the times that she continued to protect her family, and those she cared most about.

The first few times, after he was old enough to understand, he had seen her do this, it had frightened him. He was sure that one day, she would be destroyed by the very power that coursed through her body, and he would lose one of the people that he held near and dear to his heart. Although he never openly spoke of it, he knew that his father sometimes felt the same way. Even now, his father was trying to reach the boy's mother, just as he was, trying to reach her and bring her back to the reality that surrounded her.

At times like this, it was difficult, because his mother could still sense the presence of the danger that had threatened one of her children. His father had explained to him, long ago, Taishou knew that his mother's protectiveness of her children overrode everything to her, even her own life.

As Taishou continued to speak to his mother, Sesshomaru stood behind her, and being careful not to make the move sudden, put his arms around his mate, and pulled her close to his chest. He had found that his soothing presence and the calming beat of his heart, often helped her to return to reality.

Regardless, every time Kagome did this, the toll on her body was enormous. Yes, she was a most powerful and respected Miko, and was in fact, the most powerful one to ever exist. But like anything in life, there was a price, and because she had never been trained in how to channel the enormous amount of energy that she commanded, her body paid the price.

Their one consulation was that she had no injuries. Still, they had to get her to stop, or she would be out for a week, just recovering from the enormous strain that this kind of power put on her body. Even his Youkai, found ways to aid his mate, at times like these, this time being no exception, as a soothing growl eminated from deep in his chest. Because the Taiyoukai held his mate to his chest, the vibrations were easily transmitted through her body, adding another level of effort to bringing her back to all of them.

Although he did his best to emulate his father's ever present stoic appearance, there were times when Taishou found it impossible to maintain the same facade that his father always wore. This time was no exception. When Kagome didn't respond fast enough for the youth, he found himself fighting back the tears, and soon his arms were wrapped around his mother, as he hugged her like the child he still was.

"Onegai, mother. We need you to stop now. I need you to stop now. Onegai," he all but cried. Taishou loved both of his parents deeply, and the thought that his mother might not come back from this, despite knowing what he did about how her powers worked, scared him on some inner level that he still had to learn how to face.

Something about the combined efforts of the two, and the love that eminated from both of them, finally reached the little Miko. The glow of her eyes, finally began to fade, and the stiffness that held her body upright eased. As she finally collapsed into the arms of her mate and eldest son, the guards signalled their control over the now captured youkai, as they led him off to the dungeons.

By now, Inuyasha and Ah-Un had finally landed with a still crying, although no longer screaming Kunihiro. They followed Sesshomaru, who was now carrying Kagome to their bedchambers, where Taishou pulled the bedding back, allowing his father to lay his mother down comfortably. Inuyasha, without a second's thought lay Kunihiro next to Kagome, so that pup and mother could be near each other. At the calming scent of his mother's nearness, the pup quieted, and turning towards her, he nuzzled his way to her breast taking the nipple in his mouth, as his sobs quieted, and her arm moved to pull him closer to her now sleeping form.

Taishou tucked the covers around both his brother, and mother. Now that the crisis was over, the shock was finally setting in for the youth, and his father and uncle both could see that Taishou needed some comfort himself.

"You did well, my son," spoke the calm voice of his father. "I am proud of your control and performance today. You have done your bloodline proud maintaining your composure in a crisis."

Those words were like gold to the young inuyoukai, especially because they came from his father.

"Arigato, father," Taishou said, once again standing proud as the first born son of the Lord of the Western Lands.

"Your a credit to both your mother and father, Taishou," spoke up Inuyasha, "and I am proud to call you my nephew. Your Aunt Sango would agree with me."

Although he still felt a need to cry, just to let out the tension of the past hour, Taishou smiled and the words from his Uncle. These were hard times, requiring hard lessons and learning. Praise was not often given, but when it was, it held much more meaning than if it were always given.

Moments later, a rather subdued, but worried crowd entered the room to see how the Miko and pup were faring. Seeing the two sleeping quietly, and the assurance of Inuyasha that Kunihiro was not injured, just scared half to death, and from Sesshomaru, that Kagome was fine, just sleeping and would be up and around on the morrow, allowed a sigh of relief to fill the room.

"Inuyasha and I will see to the children for you, Sesshomaru-sama," spoke up Sango.

"Shippo and I will help, father," spoke up Rin, carrying Eriko on her hip, Itsuko clinging to her leg, and Chiyuki holding on to his father's hand.

"We will help too, father," spoke up Kinuka, and Genichi. The twins gave their father a hug, as did Masateru. Taishou bowed his head to his father, still trying to appear the grown up for the sake of the other children. To his complete surprise, his father embraced him, as well, letting the boy know that there was nothing wrong with showing one's feelings, it was how you conducted yourself when you did that made the difference.

It took some time to get everyone herded out of the room, as each of the children had to hug the Youkai Lord. Sesshomaru had never understood what it was with most children. Like Rin, they all seemed to never fear him, and his nieces and nephews were no exception. Each gave the Great Youkai Lord a hug, and their wishes for their Aunt's and cousin's recovery, and then quietly let themselves be herded from the room, to spend the remainder of the evening with Sango, Rin, Shippo and Inuyasha.

With everything back to something like normal, the Great Taiyoukai, removed his clothing and crawled under the covers to join his mate, and youngest pup. Pulling her close to his heart, he found himself growling softly to her once again. Although he would never openly admit it, to anyone other than his mate, he found as much comfort in the soothing growl that his Youkai often used to sooth his mate.

There were those times, when a person could not physically do something to help someone that they cared so much about. Having some small thing that he could do, even if it was just a soothing purr like sound, made those kind of moments easier to bare. He had found it immensely helpful over the years, especially when his mate was heavy with child, and uncomfortable, and even when she was in labor, and their pup(s) were coming to take their first breathe in the world.

He had been there, with her, as each one of them was born, and he not only was proud of having done so. He could not imagine more beautiful moments in his life, than those, except when he was held by and holding his mate in his arms, whether in comfort, companionship, passion, or for no reason at all.

Kagome! That word meant so much to him, as did the beautiful tenchi who bore that name. She had enriched his life, and changed him without really changing who he was. She had accepted him, like no one else had ever done. Even now, ten years later, he marvelled at how blind his brother had been, and how lucky he, himself was to have such a treasure to hold and call his own.

He let the soothing sound of his mate's breathing, and the quiet suckling of his son's nursing calm the stress that he was expert at not letting anyone see. He might not show the world at large that he had feelings, it was just who he was, and his way. But the truth was, he had as many feelings as anyone else, he just chose to keep them under tight control.

In private, where no one except his mate could see, he allowed himself the freedom to let those feelings show. That he was no longer afraid to do so, had been her gift to him. That dark, stormy night, in a dank cave, off in a distant forest, she had brought together the two sides of himself, and showed him that it was alright to express himself, and not be afraid to do so.

She had made him complete in more ways than he had ever thought possible. She had brought him face to face with the other side of himself, but she had also completed the other half of his soul. With his dark and sordid past, he never fully understood, what he had done to deserve such a treasure. All he knew, was that he had such, and he had never, and would never take her for granted.

Each night before he let sleep claim him, he reaffirmed that same oath that he had sworn so long ago, when he had first taken her for his own. She gifted him every day of their lives, with her the brightest smiles, the warmth of her embrace, the love of her heart and soul, her beauty, the family that they now shared, and a future that he had never expected let alone known possible. With the comfort of those thoughts floating through his mind, the Taiyoukai of the Western Lands, let sleep claim him for the night.

----------------------------