InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Want to See You Again ❯ Behind Closed Doors ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A\N: I'm Baaaaaack! And ready with a whole new chapter! Trust me you guys are gonna luv it! You're also gonna be shocked! Oh yes! So shocked! Hopefully you've been telling all your friends about this story! WHAT?! What do you mean “no I didn't?” Come on peoples I need some publicity!! JK (but it would nice to tell one person. Heh? Come on!)
Oh well I'll just give you what you came for! Don't worry, LunaStar still wuvs u!
 
Chapter 3: Behind Closed Doors
 
Kouga and Kagome got out of the car and walked up the steps of their apartment. There was a slight breeze in air making it chilly. Kagome crossed her arms for warmth. Kouga jammed the key in the lock and shoved the door open. Kagome flinched at his angry actions. Then she walked in cautiously. They had a one bed, one bath apartment. They had one couch, and a loveseat with a glass coffee table in the middle of the living room. They also had a 36” TV set across from the couch.
 
“ Kouga, you didn't talk to me all the way home. Is there something wrong?” Kagome asked innocently. Like she already didn't know.
 
“ Oh you know very well what's wrong Kagome,” Kouga said. He wasn't looking at Kagome so it sounded like he was saying it through his teeth.
 
“ Um, no I really don't.” Still she was lying.
 
“ Maybe it's the fact you were dancing with that stupid mutt!”
 
“ Well you weren't dancing with me,” She mumbled. Kagome looked down at herself with a surprised look. What the hell did I just say?
 
Kouga turned to her, “What did you just say?”
 
“ Nothing!”
 
“ Kagome I have a wolf's hearing, and I'm not stupid. Now what did you say?” He took a step towards her.
 
Kagome lifted her head, and saw him standing a foot away from her. She swallowed, and sighed. “ I said you weren't dancing with me,” She replied slightly louder.
 
“ You know very well I hate dancing!”
 
“ So! The least you could do is dance with your own girlfriend!”
 
He was silent… more silence… they stood, in silence, for about five minutes.
 
She wasn't leaving without a reply.
 
“ I, um, well you never ask me to dance!”
 
Oh great comeback… genius. “ Oh! So the reason you'd dance with me is if I asked you to?
 
“ Um…” Light bulb! “ Why can't you dance with Sango? Girls can dance with each other too!”
 
“ I was but then I saw Inuyasha and-“
 
“ Thought `Oh since my boyfriend's not here I'll just walk up to some random guy and dance!'”
 
“ NO!”
 
“ Then what was it?”
 
Now she was stumped. Had that been the reason she danced with him? She really wasn't sure. But what would she tell Kouga? He broke the silence.
 
“ That's what I thought.”
 
“ What does it matter? We were just dancing. Were you jealous?”
 
“ Of that filthy dog? No! But wouldn't you be a tad bit upset if I would dance with some hot girl I barely knew?”
 
“ Thought you said you don't dance.” She smirked a little.
 
“ Use your imagination.”
 
“ You'd better be drunk before you do that!”
 
“ SEE?! You're upset and I didn't even do it!”
 
“ Whatever. Like I said, we were just dancing. It didn't really mean anything.” Again she was lying. Only a tad bit though.
 
“ Yeah about that, I saw your little `dance' out there. And so did the rest of the club, it was not `just dancing.'”
 
“ Oh please! Compared to what dances they do now, our dance was NOTHING!”
 
“ Now it's our dance?”
 
“ Quit being melo-dramatic! If you'd dance with once in awhile we would have a bunch of our dances!
 
“ But instead you like dancing with random strangers!”
 
“ I can't believe this! My own boyfriend is calling me a slut!”
 
“ I never said that. But the way you were acting tonight was kind of slutty!”
 
WHAT??!!”
 
They heard a pound on the wall. Kagome face was red with fury. They both looked at the source of the noise.
 
“ Hey! Save the fight for Jerry Springer! Some people in Japan are trying to sleep!” a man yelled from the other side.
 
Shut up!” they said together.
 
“ UUGGHH! I can't take this anymore! I'm going to bed!” Kagome yelled.
 
“ Hey! Don't you walk away from me!” he walked after her.
 
She turned around and was, again one foot away from him, “ Too late.”
 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$
 
Kagome raised her hand to her face; it stung as warm tears ran down her cheeks. In an instant, she ran to the bathroom in the bedroom. She rushed in and locked the door, breathing heavily. She didn't want to look at herself but her body made her. She put her hand down and turned slowly towards the mirror. Suddenly she gasped. There was a large red handprint across the right side of her face; the other side was also red, but that was from her tears.
 
“ Oh my god,” she whispered to herself. Kagome sat on the edge of the bathtub and cried quietly.
 
After ten minutes, she very slowly unlocked the door and opened it. She looked around. Kouga wasn't in the bedroom. She walked over to the bedroom door and opened it. Kouga was on the couch watching sports. Does even he care? Wait… Does he even remember? She bit her bottom lip, turned around and closed the door. She faced the queen-sized bed. The room also had two nightstands on each side of the bed and a walk-in closet. There was a dresser next to the door with pictures of her Kouga. She looked at them. One of them was the couple at the beach right next to the shore. The other was a picture where they were both holding hands facing each other as they kissed.
 
Kagome smiled. Then the smile turned to a slight frown. She walked to the closet and changed into her pink silk nightgown. After that she brushed her teeth and went to bed.
 
She couldn't sleep but she was so tired. About an hour after she was in bed, the door opened.
 
“ Hey Kagome, you awake?” Kouga whispered softly.
 
“ Unfortunately,” Kagome mumbled.
 
He got to bed with her and slipped his hand around her hip. He whispered in her ear, “Hey, look I'm so sorry I hit you, really. I love you Kagome and I never meant to hurt you. And I promise I'll never hit you again.” He kissed her cheek.
 
“ Ok. I love you too.” She turned and kissed him on the lips.
 
Okay I'll forgive him. He sounds like he really means it this time.
 
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
 
Quick A\N: I know this is the PERFECT place to stop but you and I both know my chapters are WAY too short so I have to keep going!
 
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
 
“ Just pick up the phone and call her you big baby,” Sesshomaru said, emotionless.
 
“ No. When a girl gives you her number you gotta make her wait for your call. Then, just when she starts giving up hope, RING RING! You would know that if you understood women.” Inuyasha said.
 
“ Yeeeah. You said that when Kikyo gave you her number. And look how that turned out.” He put his hand out like he holding a tray.
 
“ Shut up.”
 
“ Oh but I'm having so much fun.”
 
“ You know what? I'm gonna call her and I'm gonna put it on speaker!”
 
“ Alrighty then.”
 
Inuyasha dialed the number and put it on speaker. It rang three times until someone picked up.
 
“ Hello?” a high-pitched voice answered.
“ Hey, Kagome?” Inuyasha said.
 
“ Yeeeah?”
 
“ It's me Inuyasha.”
 
“ Oh Hey! I thought you weren't gonna call.”
 
Inuyasha turned around to his brother and put his arms up in an “OH WHAT!” pose.
 
“ Nah I've just busy.”
 
“ Shaving his legs!” Sesshomaru shouted from the couch.
 
“ Shut up! Jackass!” Inuyasha heard Kagome crack up over the line.
 
“ See what you do?!” He shouted.
 
“ All for you little bro,” Sesshomaru replied putting a thumb up. Inuyasha replied by putting his thumb up, then adding his middle finger.
 
“ Oh see now that's just cruel.”
 
“ Inuyasha you still there?” Kagome asked still laughing a little.
 
“ Yeah sorry that was just my jackass of a brother and roommate, unfortunately.”
 
“ Oh that's just cruel.” Kagome replied.
 
“ I like her. She's got a good head on her shoulders.” Sesshomaru said.
 
“ You zip it.”
 
“ Me?” Kagome whined.
 
“ No. Him. Ugh anyway I wanted to know if you wanted to go out tomorrow.”
 
“ You realize I have boyfriend right?”
 
“ Don't worry Kagome! He does too!” Sesshomaru yelled.
 
“ Shut it!” Kagome was laughing even harder.
 
“ Thanks for your support Kagome!”
 
“ Sorry.” You could tell she was trying to hold it in.
“ Anyway, yes I remember your boyfriend but I was hoping we could hang out as friends not really as a date.”
 
“ Liar!” Sesshomaru yelled again.
 
Inuyasha grabbed a pillow and threw it at him. “ Can it you damn bastard!”
 
“ Inuyasha you shouldn't treat your brother like that!”
 
“ I know. Kagome he's hurting my feelings!” Sesshomaru made a hurt voice.
 
“ You wouldn't say that if you lived with him!”
 
“ You're right. I'd probably be laughing too hard to say anything at all!”
 
Inuyasha put a hand to his face. “ Do you wanna hang out or what?”
 
“ Ok, ok. I owe you for laughing.”
 
“ Trust me you don't owe him anything. Girls laugh at him all the time!”
 
“ Can you bring him with you?” Kagome asked.
 
“ HELL NO!”
 
“ I was just kidding. Calm down.”
 
“ Yeah, don't shove your thong too much up your ass!”
 
Kagome started bursting out laughing.
 
“ Kagome!”
 
“ Oh come on, you gotta admit that was funny!”
 
“ I'm so hanging up!”
 
“ Nonononono! I'm sorry. How can I make it up to you?”
 
“ Bring a cup of Ramen and meet me at-“
 
“ Victoria's Secret!” Sesshomaru yelled.
 
“ The park! At 8 pm. got it?”
 
“ Got it!”
“ Listen, I gotta kill my brother so I'll see you tomorrow.”
 
“ Actually, Oprah's on he doesn't want to miss it!”
 
Inuyasha hung up the phone. He growled and headed for the door.
 
“ I really like her, got a good sense of humor. Where you going?”
 
“ To get a knife sharpener. Sleep with one eye open!”
 
Inuyasha closed the door.
 
“ Hmph. Someone's going through PMS.”
 
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
 
 
A\N: I know it's corny to laugh at your own jokes but I was cracking up as I was writing that! On a more serious note, my co-writer, yashandkag4ever thought that I shouldn't put that hit there. But I don't really listen to her anyway. Once she reads this she's gonna kill me but you guys (or some of you who love this story) would be pissed cause I wouldn't be able to finish the story. My co-writer could finish it but then it would be crappy. JK yashandkag4ever! Anyway hope you wuved it! AND it gets EVEN BETTER! So keep reading! This was seven pages of pure genius! I still wuv u all!
 
 
~ LunaStar