InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Warning - Hanyou's and Caffeine Do Not Mix! ❯ The bringing of the Caffeine ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer - I do not own Inuyasha or any of the involved characters. They are the property of the exalted Rumiko Takahashi.

Rated - “R”, just to be on the safe side.

Dedication - I’d like to dedicate this, my first fic, to my muse Shippi. I couldn’t do this without your support!

Author’s Note - This is my first fic ever, and I’d really appreciate some positive feedback on how I am doing. Flames are accepted too. After all, it’s your opinion!

Timeframe - about episode 48. All the characters are pretty well established.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Warning - Hanyou’s and Caffeine Do Not Mix

By Sarin of the Night

It was a bright and beautiful spring day in the Sengoku Jidai. The sun was shining; the birds were singing, and the only disturbance were the muffled shouts coming from an old and decrepit well in a peaceful forest clearing.

A pretty girl of 18 was sitting in the bottom of the bone eater well, struggling with a gigantic yellow backpack, stuffed to the brim with what looked like various snacks and junk food. Brushing her long ebony hair out of her eyes, she lets out a frustrated whimper, contemplating how to get her bag out of the well.

“Oh why did I have to pack so much Coca Cola!” Kagome yells as she raises her honey brown eyes to the square of blue sky above her. (A/N Don’t own Coca Cola either, and yes, they do have in Japan.) “If only Inuyasha was here.” Kagome whispers.

She then smacks herself on the forehead. “Yeah! And if he were here, he’d probably just yell at me for being a weakling, and a stupid one at that, for bringing such a heavy pack.” Kagome says, still talking to no one in particular.

“Oh well. Might as well get this over with.” With that she hefts the bag onto her shoulders and begins the perilous claim up the ivy growing on the sides of the well.

About 10 minutes later, Kagome’s head materializes over the edge of the well, nearly over balanced by the dead weight on her back. Easing her and the pack to the ground, Kagome rest her head against the side of the old well.

‘That was really hard work! I think I’m going to rest here for a little while…” Kagome murmurs as she softly drifts off to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Shippou’s POV

Back at the village, Shippou was getting bored. Kagome wasn’t here to play with him, and the children of the village didn’t ever want to play with him because he was a demon! Kirara was with Miroku and Sango scouting out the land to the north of the village and gathering rumours of shards.

The only people here were Kaede and Inuyasha. Kaede would just put him to work gathering herbs or something boring like that. He was fine with gathering herbs, really he was! It’s jus that it had been several days since anything interesting happened, and Shippou was after some excitement. Why, getting bonked on the head by Inuyasha would be more interesting then listening to some old women babble on for hours about the healing properties of parsley!

Speaking of Inuyasha, where was the guy? It was always interesting teasing Inuyasha! He’s probably out sulking right now because he let Kagome have an extra day. “This is probably the perfect opportunity to bug Inuyasha! I probably won’t get hit over the head either, cause I’ve been getting faster trying to keep up to Inuyasha whenever we go out shard hunting!” Shippou said as he bounced down the village street and into the forest.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* General POV

The Hanyou in question was indeed sitting in the forest, barely visible in the top branches of the Goshinboku, waiting for Kagome to return. ‘I bet she’s doing these exams she’s been rambling on about for the past two weeks. Feh! She probably cares more about her school thingy then she does about m-I mean the shard. Yeah! The shard! She is my shard detector after all. Why would I care if she cares!’ Thought Inuyasha, growing sadder by the word.

Just as he was thinking these words, a mischievous pink balloon floated about the forest on a gentle breeze. Scanning the swaying forest below, he finally finds the blob of red cloth he was searching for, nestled in the topmost limbs of the Goshinboku, deep in thought.

‘Huh. He looks more depressed then I though he would! This is going to be fun!’ Shippou says as he drifts down to the branch behind Inuyasha.

‘If I’m lucky, Inuyasha will be attempting to think so hard the he won’t even notice me!’ Shippou thought gleefully.

As Shippou had wished, Inuyasha had no clue he was being watched.

“Hey Inuyasha! What are you doing all alone up here? Waiting for your girlfriend to get back?” Shippou teased, unaware of how much his plan had worked.

Inuyasha jumped about a foot in the air as the little fox yelled at him, loosing his balancing and falling to the branch below him. Only the great agility of his youkai blood saved him from the terrifying plunge to the distant ground below them.

“What do you think your doing you stupid kit? Trying to scare me to death?” Inuyasha yelled as he scrambled to reclaim his seat.

“Ha Ha! I was only teasing you Inuyasha! No need to strain for mind. Oh ya. That’s right! You don’t use it! Ha ha ha ha ha!” Shippou was clutching his gut laughing so hard, nearly loosing his own seat in his uncontained mirth.

“Why don’t you go bug someone else right now Shippou? I’m kinda busy.” Inuyasha said, determined not to rise to Shippou’s bait as he waited for Kagome to return.

“What’s wrong Inuyasha? Lonely? Why don’t you go find some clay corpse to kiss?” Taunted Shippou, determined to make the Hanyou mad enough to swing at him, because it’s no fun if you victim doesn’t’ react to you.

“Don’t talk about Kikyou like that you little twerp!” Raged Inuyasha.

“Ha! I got you there!! I didn’t say anything about Kikyou, which must mean that you think of her as some stinking corpse! You are so stupid!” Shippou chuckled as he transformed into his balloon form, escaping the Hanyou’s wrath.

“Stupid runt! You need a baby sitter! I’m going to go get Kagome! She’ll keep you out of my hair!” Inuyasha hollered at Shippou as the pink balloon floated in the direction of the village.

‘Good thing that kit gave me the excuse to go get her early. I mean it’s not that early. She has till the sun is high and it’s only… almost setting! Looks like I don’t need the kit’s excuse after all! The wench had better have a damn good reason…’ Inuyasha thinks as he gazes up at the sun above him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Inuyasha’s POV

Inuyasha was running through the forest, his temper and worry increasing with every step.

“Feh! Where is the wench? She said she’s be here at noon, and it’s almost sunset!” Inuyasha exclaims as he dodges a tree in his path.

Inuyasha was really starting to get worried. Before Kagome left four days ago, she promised that she would be in the village at noon on the fourth day. She had only promised this to get Inuyasha to give her another day, but is was a sign of the Hanyou’s growing trust of her that he let her go for so long.

Inuyasha was also growing angry too. He had trusted the girl to be back by now, and there’s no sign of her! When he next saw her (and it better be soon!) He was going to give her a piece of his mind.

“Hey. Was that Kagome’s scent? She must be at the well then! Oh I don’t care how much she’ll sit me! She deserves a yelling at for making me- I mean Shippou worry so much!”

‘Though he was worried he’d rather die then let her and the kit know. Why! If Shippou found out, I’d never here the end of it!’

Inuyasha slowed as he got closer to the well. “Yup! That’s definitely Kagome’s scent! I wonder why she isn’t moving though… OH NO!! She must be injured! I knew I should have gone to get her earlier!”

With a final burst of speed he comes to the back of the clearing the well is situated in. all Inuyasha can see is the crown of Kagome’s head poking up over the top of the well, the rest of her body being hidden by the well itself.

Cautiously, with a hand on the hilt of Tetsusaiga, Inuyasha sniffs around the clearing, striving to pick up the scents of unknown enemies. Finding none, Inuyasha rushes to Kagome’s side, only to find her…

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
A/N Ooooo! A Cliffhanger for the first ever chapter I’ve written. If you like this story, then review, because I will not update unless I get… um… 2 Reviews!! Please tell me if you like this story, because I am currently suffering from low self-confidence, so R and R!
Sarin of the Night!