InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Watashi no Tenshi o Namidashimasu ❯ chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Ohhhhkaaayyyy! Well, I know this chapter had been delayed for a veeeeeeeerry long time but I had some serious writers block. I just didn't know where I was going with this. But, I'm back now so if you guys still want this story…IT'S BACK!! Haha. ^_^ anyway, thank you to all of my amazing, superb, fantastic, and wonderful reviewers!!! You guys make the world go round. Haha. And I give you all a lifetime supply of ramen and pocky from the bottom of my heart, if that helps at all. Anyway, I'm sorry to say that this chapter is gonna kinda short because I just really wanted it to be where Kagome realizes that Sugimi is Inuyasha's dad and Sesshoumaru will dawn a little later. Haha. ^^;; anyway, here's the chappie!
 
Disclaimer: has it ever belonged to me? Well, that's actually quite a wonderful story but we won't get into that right now. ^^ hehe.
 
***********
 
 
“Kagome.” The whisper was soft, eerie and everywhere. Her shining sapphire eyes were wide with fear but deep down she felt the soft butterfly wings of recognition caress her soul. That voice was so sweet, so rugged and often so rude but god, she missed it. Amber eyes flashed in her mind and the warm scent of thick, tousled silver hair tickled her nose.
 
“I-Inuyasha?” she said his name softly and tenderly to the mercury moon and obsidian sky.
 
 
She got no answer.
 
“Inuyasha, please…answer me. Kami, I miss you so much!” Kagome whimpered through a tear-clogged throat.
 
Her eyes danced wildly around the dark clearing from the large, looming trees to the ebony shadows that filled the forest. The moon was full and bright but it didn't seem to help tonight, the world was tenderly tucked away by the loving hands of the mother like night. Nothing stirred except for the breeze, the soft sigh of the wind lifting her hair gently and filling the clearing with her soothing scent.
 
`Why won't he answer me?' Kagome thought, saddened by the fact that she wouldn't hear from the man she loved this night.
 
Kagome scrunched her nose in a small sniffle and enveloped her face in her hands. Then the voice was in her ear filling her soul like a warm voice on an icy breeze. The voice was beauty and the words the beast, tearing at her heart like a child at a present.
 
“Why did you leave me, Kagome? Don't you love me anymore?” his voice was sad and small, full of hurt and childlike innocence.
 
Tears welled in Kagome's aquarium eyes and she whispered through shivering lips
 
“Of course I still love you Inuyasha, I'll never stop loving you!”
 
Where his voice was soft, kind, and gentle his arms were like bands of smooth diamond, unbreakable and unmoving. The sudden contact between them made Kagome jump as she was dragged back into his chest, her back colliding with an iron chest as his arm wound around her waist like a snake only to lock in a vice-like grip.
 
“Please Inuyasha, let me see your face…I have to see your face.”
 
She felt a small, shuddering breath leave his chest as his arm loosened just enough for her to turn around in his grasp. Slowly she eased her way around to look at the face she missed so dearly, the face that haunted her…the face that she loved with all of her heart. His eyes were closed and the moon shown down on him like a platinum halo, his skin was taut and bronzed from the sun and his silver hair billowed around him like a set of mercury angel wings. She raised her small hand to gently cup his cheek as she ran a thumb over the lips she was never allowed to kiss.
 
“Inuyasha, please open your eyes…I need to see your eyes again.”
 
She watched anxiously as his lids fluttered upwards only to gasp as fear filled her soul. She gazed into eyes welling with tears and she watched as they bled red. A golden tear leaked from his eyes as they were slowly overcome with an ominous ruby. The last golden tear slipped down his cheek and plopped, slick and heavy on her thumb. His lips contorted into an angry snarl, his elongated fangs glistening in the moonlight. The words he spat next were cold and empty, ringing in her ears in a voice rugged and animalistic; devoid of the Inuyasha she loved.
 
“If you loved me you would still think of me! If you loved me you wouldn't have let that fox kiss you! If you loved me you would have tried harder to be with me! Who do you think you're fooling, Kagome?! You make me sick!”
 
With that he shoved her to the ground and turned on his heel but he did not leave the clearing.
 
“Oh god Inuyasha, please don't tell me you really believe what you just said. I love you so much! I love you so much!” Kagome sobbed into her hands.
 
Inuyasha snarled angrily at her response and began to walk away, heading for the darkness of the trees surrounding them. Kagome looked up from her hands and watched as he walked away, each step shattering her heart into smaller pieces. Her arm reached out before her brain registered what she was doing and her gentle voice called out in a small, haunting voice
 
“Inuyasha… please, come back.”
 
 
She watched as his hair continued to sway, as his feet continued to move. She watched as he kept walking. Kagome rocked forward on her knees, her onyx hair shooting out around her face and shoulders, tears streaming from her glowing azure eyes and her fingers stretched in the air, longing to hold Inuyasha.
 
“Inuyasha!!”
 
 
He kept walking.
 
 
“INUYASHA!”
 
*****
 
 
Kagome shot forward on her futon, the golden sun glaring straight into her eyes.
 
“Oh-god….Inuyasha.” Kagome breathed brokenly into her hands.
 
The rustle of fabric next to her futon met her ears and she quickly lifted her heart shaped face in the direction of the sound. Golden orbs full of worry met her misty ocean eyes and her tense shoulders relaxed.
 
“Oh, good morning Sugimi-sama, how are you?”
 
His eyes narrowed in concern as his smooth baritone filled the silent room.
 
“I am well but I am quite concerned about you. Who is Inuyasha and why does dreaming of this man make you cry?”
 
 
Kagome looked away from his eyes and instead focused on her hands as she wrung them nervously. She took a deep, shuddering breath before looking up through her obsidian bangs, tears beginning to well in her eyes once more.
 
 
“Inuyasha is…he's…the man I love.” Kagome whispered and then glanced back down at her hands.
 
Sugimi's aurulent eyes narrowed in sudden distaste. How could such a quietly whispered sentence send such a burning wave of jealousy shooting through him? He shook his head in clear disbelief of his reaction to this woman's pain and emotions.
 
`How can I be jealous at a time like this? Or at all for that matter? I have nothing to fear from this Inuyasha…if what Kagome told me when we first met was true then he is in another time period.' Sugimi shook his head once again to clear his jumbled thoughts.
`I should not be acting jealous at all I should be comforting Kagome! This is not about me.'
 
 
“So, you love this Inuyasha but as I recall he is in another time period so…what is making you cry is the fact that you can not be with him, am I correct?”
 
 
Once again glancing through her bangs Kagome's eyes connected with Sugimi's and she gave him a small nod.
 
“Pretty much, I mean, just imagine the woman you have loved with all your heart for many years was taken from you in the blink of an eye. Wouldn't that make you cry?”
 
“Well,” Sugimi began “I have never experienced love but I am sure that if I were to experience it and what you said did happen to me I am sure I would be sad. I would not cry, of course, I never cry.”
 
 
Kagome gave a small giggle and sniffled a bit. Giving the Inu-no-Taisho a warm smile Kagome said
 
“You're lucky Sugimi, it's no fun.”
 
Sugimi gave her a heart stopping smile and his eyes turning from an icy gold to burning amber and Kagome's breath caught in her throat.
 
 
`Those eyes….oh my god, those eyes!'
 
Memories flashed in Kagome's mind of holding a young girl with chocolate hair close to her to protect her from a bitter flesh covered skeleton brought back from the grave to kill Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru. She remembered Sesshoumaru coming and saving them both and she remembered the battle ending with the poor man realizing he'd loved the Inu-no-Taisho's human mate not hated her. He'd died in piece. But, then she remembered as the brothers were going at it like usual a man began to form in a swirling white mist. A man with golden eyes and a jagged navy blue stripe on each cheek, his hair pulled back in a ponytail and his broad shoulders covered with spiked armor. She had met Inuyasha's and Sesshoumaru's father that day. As she looked into Sugimi's warm golden orbs she realized that those two men were one in the same.
 
 
`Oh my god! Oh my god! This is Inuyasha's father!'
 
The Inu-no-Taisho noticed Kagome's sudden change in moods and worry once again struck him.
 
“What it is Kagome?”
 
She looked into the eyes of the father of the man she loved and breathed
 
“You're his father…you're really his father. I can't believe this…oh, no!”
 
 
Sugimi's head cocked to the side in confusion. He was whose father? He had had no pups yet, he had no heir, and so whom was she talking about?
 
“I'm sorry but who am I the father of? I am afraid I have fathered no pups. Well, at least not to my knowledge.” He said, grinning at the last bit of his statement. He of all people would know if he had a son.
 
 
Kagome's blue orbs danced in disbelief but she just shook her head.
 
“Never mind Sugimi-sama, it's nothing.”
 
He once again narrowed his eyes in wonder but he said nothing, just nodded his head.
 
“Well, if you'll excuse me Sugimi-kun, I have to get ready for training so if you would be so kind as to leave my room so I can change it'd be greatly appreciated.” Kagome said with a teasing smile and a friendly shove in the direction of the door.
 
 
“Of course.” Sugimi said with a nod and a smile of his own at the friendly change of his name. Maybe, just maybe he was actually getting somewhere with this enigmatic girl. He chuckled, he would be so lucky.
 
 
Kagome watched as he left the room sliding the beautifully painted shoji door behind him on the way out. This wasn't good! This wasn't good at all! Here she was in another time even farther from her real home and time and to top things off she was starting to have feelings for, of all the people on the godforsaken earth, Inuyasha's *father!*. Kagome groaned and messaged her temples. Could her stupid life get any more complicated?
 
****************
 
Ok. That's it guys. I know, not the most exciting chapter ever but it is a chapter so that's a start!! Next chapter is where there might be come Sugimi/Kagome. Nothing like big but they are both gonna kinda realize it pointless to fight having feelings for anyone so they might as well at least accept the fact that it might just be a strong friendship but I don't think they are going to admit that they are romantically interested in each other yet. I know I'm taking forever but I realllly don't want to rush ANYTHING because I want it to be a slow forming love interest but one that is really really strong. Ok, I'm done now. =] hope you guys like this boring chappie and ill see you next time! Ja! -sesshysgirl08-