InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Water Droplets - A Ficlet Series ❯ Melancholy Reflections ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Summary: Kagome ponders upon her relationship with InuYasha and the pain he inflicts upon her.

Author’s Note: This was something I wrote to try and cure my writer’s block. Not my best, I suppose…but I find it funny how I could really relate to what Kagome’s feeling. Yeah, I know a guy like that, and I probably feel as strongly for him as Kag does for InuYasha. And he does the same damn thing. rolls eyes and yes...I KNOW I should be working on updating my stories...but I just had to write this down...and the other three first chapters of various new stories of mine that you can look forward to in the future. XD lol...I know I know...I'm terrible at updating. Bear with me. :P

Disclaimer: I own none of the characters in this story. They belong to Takahashi Rumiko. So, I’ve no money, so please no suing.



Melancholy Reflections

My head feels clouded right now, and I want nothing more than to release this waterfall of tears that threatens in the corner of my eyes. I’ve been sitting here for a while now, thinking of you. I always think of you. Not a day goes by when you don’t cross my mind.

I know what’s going on a lot more than you think I do. I know how confused your heart is right now, and how torn. Still, you never let me close enough to try and heal it. I want to be there for you, and yet you continue to push me away. So many times I had thought you and I were finally getting somewhere. I thought that maybe, for once in your life, you were finally allowing me to reach inside a place within you that has never been seen or touched by anyone. I had hoped that we were finally getting closer.

I was wrong. You pushed me away again.

I should have expected as much. You always do. I haven’t given up yet, though. I thought I would have by now, but something about you is keeping me here. I can’t leave you. I can’t forget about you. So then, I won’t give up on you either.

I know you care about me, even though you try to hide it so much. If you didn’t care, then you wouldn’t protect me. You wouldn’t hunt me down every time I disappear down the well, or run off on my own without telling anyone. You wouldn’t take care of me when I’m sick. I suppose I just wish you would stop hiding it. I wish you wouldn’t be afraid to trust me with your heart, and your feelings. You should know by now that I would never do anything to betray you. I just wish I could have you.

Then again, not all wishes come true, do they?

Maybe I’m being selfish. Maybe I’m just expecting too much out of you. Still, as hard as I try, I can’t change the way I feel about you. I can’t stop my heart from breaking every time you say something to hurt me, every time you leave me to see her. I can’t stop the way my breath turns shallow whenever you come close to me, or the way my cheeks flare with color every time you shower me with affection, however rare those occasions might be.

I can’t stop myself from loving you.

And believe me – I’ve tried.

I’ve tried long and hard to find someone else, to convince myself that you don’t feel the same way for me. Maybe you don’t. It doesn’t change my failed attempts. It doesn’t change the fact that I want to be with you and you alone.

Still, I will sacrifice almost anything to stay with you. I’ve put up with everything you’ve thrown my way so far, have I not? I’ve given you my trust and care. I’ve loved you from a distance since the day I met you. So I will stay by your side. I will be there for you, and hope that you will care more for me because of it. I’ll keep praying for you and me.

Perhaps someday my prayers will be answered.

Perhaps someday I can be with you.

Perhaps someday you will love me back.