InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Way Back When ❯ Chapter 3

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

AN: Yo My peeps! ^~^ Thanks for all of the great reviews and thank you all who helped me out with filler ideas. Sadly, I could not use them all, but they were still good!

AAARRRGGGHHH! I had half of the chapter all typed out and then the stupid computer crashed before I could save it!! T_T Now I'm gonna have to type it all out again! And that argument between Inuyasha and his father was really good too!! T_T Oh well, no help for it but to type it again so here we go! BTW, Inuyasha swears in here. He's got quite the potty mouth, so that's another reason why this fic is rated R.

(P.S. - my computer blocks out swears so they will have to be spelled using some symbols. Yep, it's annoying, but the swears help to get the point across so I need them there)

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any related characters. You do not want what I own....*shudder*

~*Chapter 3*~

Inuyasha sat in his tree and contemplated the events of the past days. How could his father side with those white b@$tards? The invaders that intrude on the land and actually have the nerve to claim it as theirs! You can't just claim land! Like it's a thing! Inuyasha looked at the sunset and scowled at it, like it was the cause of all his problems. His father said that he had to learn responsibility. How that connected to the previous argument, he'll never know. His father wanted to make peace with the invaders. Keh! Not a f***ing chance! How the hell did his father expect things to go peacefully, when everyone knew that the invaders thought of them as evil? He didn't know what his father was thinking....

**Flash Back**

"How can you side with them? Do you even see what they're doing to the land? They f***ing stroll in here like they own it, and destroy half a forest to make their f***ing 'farms' and 'houses'. They shouldn't be here!" Inuyasha shouted angrily. Couldn't his father see that they were destroying their home?

"I'm not siding with them, Inuyasha. I am simply saying that there are more peaceful ways to go about this change, and if one of them works, then it would be in everyone's best interests to use it," Inutaisho stated calmly.

"You f***ing are siding with them! Why do you want to f***ing protect them, when they invade in on things they can't possibly understand? We have to force them out before they do something that could be devastating! If we don't get rid of them they will do something that won't be good!" Inuyasha yelled, desperate for his father to see his point of view.

"Inuyasha, there are ways to hide ourselves and things that are precious to us. There are barriers that we can construct and-"

"That's the f*** ing coward's way out!" Inuyasha yelled as he jumped up and pointed an accusatory finger at his father. His face was flushed and his golden eyes were bright with anger. "I have no idea why the hell you won't fight them, you know we can defeat the b@$tards, I just can't understand why your acting like a f***ing cowar-"

"Inuyasha!" Inutaisho hissed; uh, oh. Inuyasha had obviously struck a very dangerous nerve. "You forget yourself," Inutaisho continued in a deadly whisper. "You are hot tempered and narrow minded. You refuse to see any alternative to violence when dealing with a problem. This is not the person I raised you to be. You obviously lack the responsibility you need to survive."

"When did this turn into a f***ing lecture on my responsibility?" Inuyasha demanded angrily.

"When you failed to realize that violence is not the only solution. You need more responsibility and I'll be dammed if I let you get away with this behavior for long," Inutaisho said, his calm returning from his previous outburst. "I will be gone for a couple of days; you have command of the tribe until then. When I return, I will have a job for you to do, so be on the lookout."

"But-"

"You are dismissed," Inutaisho interrupted. Inuyasha stared at him for a few seconds, and then stomped out of the tipi angrily with a final "Keh!" over his shoulder. So he wanted him to learn responsibility, did he? He said he had a job for Inuyasha when he got back. That was never good. 'I wonder what he's plotting' Inuyasha thought as he went bounding into the trees. He needed to think.

**End Flash Back**

Inuyasha shook his head, trying to forget that argument. It hadn't been one of his better moments. He didn't like loosing his temper, although it happened far too often. He always said things that he'd regret later. A familiar scent reached his nose and broke through the unhappy trance that had settled on hem.

"Go away, Kikyo. I don't want to talk," Inuyasha grumbled.

"I didn't say anything," Kikyo replied evenly. Her emotionless eyes gazed up at the disgruntled hanyou.

"Keh," Inuyasha scoffed. He returned to gazing at the sunset. He always liked the sunset better than the sunrise. Sunrise was just so... evil. Not literally, of course. It's just that no one should be awake to see the sunrise. It's just... unnatural. He was never in a good mood when he saw the sunrise. Being awake at a time like that did that to him.

"You seemed upset when you stormed off last night. Is there any particular reason why?" Kikyo asked.

"None of your damn business, wench," Inuyasha replied grumpily.

"Don't talk to me like that, Inuyasha. You know better than that." She said sharply.

Inuyasha sighed and dropped out of his tree. "Sorry," he said softly as he pulled Kikyo into a light embrace. "I had an argument with my father again. Our... views... differ, and I can't seem to keep my temper whenever we... discuss the subject of the invaders," Inuyasha said, gently stroking Kikyo's back. Kikyo pulled away, though, to look him in the eyes.

"I agree with you, Inuyasha. The settlers are invading land, and they are not welcome. They need to be dealt with, and soon. Before something happens."

"I know, but I can't do anything about it. Besides my father expressly forbidding me to harm any of the invaders, I can't go anywhere until he gets back," Inuyasha complained.

"Don't whine Inuyasha. Your father just needs some persuading. I'm sure you can handle it," she said. Inuyasha tried to pull Kikyo into another hug, but she pulled away. "You need to go back to the village, and I need to gather some more herbs. I'll see you later," Kikyo said softly. Inuyasha nodded and walked back to camp. He did have duties to attend to, now that he was substituting for his father. He turned and looked back at Kikyo. She was bending down and gently prying some roots out of the ground. Her straight black hair shimmered in the dying light, creating a natural glow that, somehow, seemed to not touch the young medicine woman. Inuyasha sighed. He loved her, but she was so damn cold and distant, always putting her work before anything else. He turned around and made his way back towards camp, his ears drooping dejectedly.

~*~

About twenty miles away from the fuming hanyou, Inutaisho strode around looking rather miffed. He had been at this for hours and he still hadn't found that damn woman. That's it. She was avoiding him. Well, then if she was going to be that way, then he would just sit down and wait. He knew that she knew he was there, and he knew that she knew he knew... wait.

Inutaisho sat down on a rock and tried to calm down. It would do no good to begin the meeting in a temper. Previous dealings with the old miko gave him enough sense to know that. He sat there on that rock for quite a while until he sensed a presence behind him.

"Kaede-baa-san, you're late." Inutaisho called out without turning around.

"I am neither late, nor am I early. I arrived exactly when I meant to," she said huffily. "I see that ye be wanting to have a chat about your son. Please, follow me and we shall discuss your troubles," Kaede said kindly. Inutaisho turned and followed the old miko to a pleasant looking hut, not too far away. 'Alright, I know I passed that tree before, and that clump of leaves, this hut was not here a while ago.' But rather than ponder the mysterious appearance of the hut, he obediently sat down, when indicated, and watched as Kaede prepared some tea.

"Now, what seems to be troubling ye?" Kaede asked kindly. Inutaisho looked thoughtful, considering how he wanted to word his request.

"Inuyasha is becoming... restless. I guess. I think that he needs to settle down. He doesn't think things through, and the only person who can calm him down is Kikyo, but I don't trust her," Inutaisho outlined his problems for the old miko.

"If you do not trust her, then why do you let her stay?" Kaede asked.

"She is a skilled medicine woman, and her talents are heavily relied upon in the tribe. I am not about to deprive my people of what could one day be their only chance of survival, just for my own personal reasons," Inutaisho explained.

"I agree with you, and if you will listen to an old woman's advice, I will tell you what you wish to know," Kaede said wisely. Inutaisho nodded and she continued, "Inuyasha does indeed need to learn responsibility, but it will be a long time before he settles down. He will soon have a heavy burden to bear and he will need someone to help him bear it. Kikyo is not suitable for this task, and you know that she would abandon Inuyasha to carry it on his own, and he would let her. The woman to help Inuyasha will be different, and Inuyasha will need her to be," Kaede said.

"I see. Where will he find her?" Inutaisho asked.

"He will not, and if he did, he would not take her. You will find her on your return trip, and you will need to make an effort to look. Search every town of the settlers that you can find. You will know her when you see her," Kaede said, getting up. "It is now time for you to leave. I have work to do, and you need to find your son's woman. I hope you gave a fruitful search."

"Thank you, Kaede-baa-san," Inutaisho waved a cheerful goodbye and stepped out of the hut, and promptly disappeared.

~*~

In all honesty, Inutaisho was surprised when he found the girl so easily. Of course she was different. Blue pants that clung to her legs, no women were ever seen wearing that. And the way she fought against her captors was admirable. She kicked two men in the groin, almost gave one of the men holding her a black eye, and managed to kick two women with pitchforks unconscious. Of course she was in some kind of trouble; the mob of angry villagers gave that away. All he had to do was rescue her from her prison. No, sneak her out of the village. She could get out of the prison herself, the thing was so rotted and worn. But he wouldn't be able to touch her. That was the tricky part. When they left the village, she would be a prisoner of sorts. He couldn't take her as his prisoner, because then Inuyasha had the right to refuse her when he offered her as a gift. No, Inuyasha would have to be the first one to touch her.

The girl opened the door and squeaked when the massive dogs posted outside barked and growled at her. He was surprised that she was out of the ropes she was tied in; those were very tight ropes, and she hadn't exactly been able to reach them. Inutaisho laughed slightly at the frightened look on her face when she slammed the door. Okay, so first order of business, he needed to get rid of the dogs. And the language barrier would prove to be an amusing challenge. He heard shuffling and a couple of rocks were thrown through the roof, knocking down some thatch every once and a while. The dogs noticed the movement and started barking again. Well, he wouldn't be able to do anything until nightfall, so he might as well get comfortable. Inutaisho shifted in his perch on the tree. He only had a couple of hours until sunset, and he could use those hours to plan his escape route, and how to travel the day and a half walk, for humans, without touching the girl. Tonight would prove to be interesting.

*~* *~* *~* *~* *~* *~* *~* *~* *~* *~* *~* *~* *~* *~* *~* *~* *~* *~* *~*

AN: Whew! That was hard! *shudders* and it absolutely disgusted me to do that touching scene between Inuyasha and Kikyo. I HATE KIKYO! So for anyone who is wondering, and if you didn't get it in the story, this is an Inuyasha/Kagome romance. Yay! Hope you like this chapter, and please review!!! ^~^