InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We Will Become Silhouettes ❯ Enter Sesshomaru, the Jackass ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

We Will Become Silhouettes

Chapter 1 Enter Sesshomaru, the Jackass

Inuyasha impatiently tapped his foot against the tree he was currently brooding in, sending bits of bark and sawdust tumbling on the ground below. As a matter of fact he had been tapping his heel against the bark for so long that his foot was starting to ache from the force of his blows. He couldn’t be too concerned with his foot’s well fair at the moment though, or for that matter the tree’s. No, right now his life had taken a drastic turn for the worse, and he fully intended on sulking until he felt better. This of course was a lost cause, because really, when did sulking ever make you actually feel any better? His mind kept telling him this, and yet he was prepared to ignore it for the sake of his own anger.

That anger came from the fact that his father had just completely betrayed him. Well he hadn’t really betrayed him per say, but he sure came damn close to it. How could he take that little bitch on as his wife?…Just the thought disgusted him. He had loved his mother, not this dog demon whore. Though he realized that that was probably why he had done it. Amarante, or at least that’s what he thought the woman’s name was, was a full blooded Inu demon, and therefore quite a valuable asset to his father in their time of need. Their species was almost completely wiped out, save for him, his father, his new wife, and her son. Yes that’s right…she had a son. Not only was his father choosing a mate he did not love, but she was defective. She had also already been married once before, and her mate had died in battle. Or at least that’s what she claimed. He wouldn’t be surprised if she had killed him herself…the black widow slut.

His mother hadn’t even been dead a year, and his father had already chosen himself a new mate. Didn’t he ever hear of respect for the dead? He had asked his father just that, and he had responded with some bullshit answer about the Western Lands needing a Queen. The answer really hadn’t surprised him all that much. His father always did have a political agenda behind all of his actions. Though he supposed that wasn’t entirely true. There had been no agenda behind marrying his mother, or siring him. How could there be? Taking on a human as a mate could never be looked on in high regards, nor for that matter was having a hanyou son running around.

In anger, Inuyasha once more kicked his favorite tree. “Do you enjoy messing up my hair?” The dog prince jumped in surprise at the voice, and looking down, saw that his friend had come to pay him a visit. The dark haired, dark eyed teenager glared at him from under the tree. “I just washed it, and now it’s got chunks of bark in it…thanks Inuyasha.”

“Miroku, you letch, what the hell are you doing here?” Miroku was from a small village nearby that was on their lands. They had met when Inuyasha was still just a pup, and had wondered off and got lost. Miroku and his mother had been picking herbs in a nearby field when they found him. His mother had been none too thrilled with the prospect of being the one to stumble upon the small puppy, but in the end they had both taken him back, and Miroku had been his friend ever since. Despite being a pervert, Miroku was actually one of the nicest people he had ever met.

“My dear Inuyasha, is that how you greet someone who was only coming to check your well being?” Knowing that he wasn’t just going to be left alone to stew on things, Inuyasha sighed, and jumped down from the tree, coming to land right in front of his dark haired friend.

“Yes it is, and why the hell would my well being need checked on in the first place?” Miroku was clad in the dark blue robes of the temple he lived in. The guy was a monk, but probably the worst monk he had ever seen. His favorite habits included philandering and drinking, not some of the traits monks held in the highest esteem. The bastard said he did it as some higher calling. Truthfully, Inuyasha just thought he did it to pick up women. Miroku had mentioned it to him onetime. Something about the female persuasion being suckers for men of the cloth.

Miroku glanced back towards the castle and then back, and Inuyasha already knew exactly why he had come over. “Well there were rumors circulating that the demon lord had taken on a new wife, and so I rushed right over to see how big of a wreck you were.”

“I’m not a wreck!” Inuyasha immediately countered, not at all liking the implications of what the monk was implying. Yeah he had gotten a little upset over the whole thing, but that didn’t mean that his life had stopped just because two unwanted patrons had moved into his home. So he was a little mopy…anyone would be in his place.

It had just occurred to him that for Miroku to get back to the forest where he was residing, that he would have to have gone through the castle to get here. That means that he would certainly have seen his new family members on his way through. His curiosity spiked at that, and he just had to know. “So…did you see them?” He asked offhandedly, trying not to sound all that interested, but really dying inside to know.

“Oh yeah. Your step-mom let me in on my way through the palace. Her and Sess…” Miroku paused at that, giving him a curious expression. “Why are you looking at me like I’m telling you the most interesting thing on the planet. You’ve met them both before haven’t you?” When Inuyasha guiltily looked away, Miroku asked more sternly. “Haven’t you?”

Still not meeting his eyes, Inuyasha said his excuse as fast as his mouth would allow, barely taking time to breath between sentences. “Well you see the thing is they’re unwanted. And I figure that if I treat them as such then they’ll just go away. Plus I don’t want to give that bitch and her son the satisfaction of thinking they’ve got one up on me by actually meeting them. Eventually they’ll see I don’t want them here, and just go away.”

Placing a hand over his face, Miroku just simply shook his head back and forth, before reaching into his robes to retrieve something. Before he knew what was happening, the monk had withdrawn a paper fan and whacked him as hard as he could in the back of the head with it.

Wincing from pain, Inuyasha placed one hand over his bump, and the other curled into a fist. “You bastard! What the hell did yeh do that for?” Miroku looked like he wanted to hit him again, but then obviously sensing no point to such an act, put the fan away.

“You baka, how could you not even have seen them yet? They’re your family Inuyasha. You need to go meet them.” Inuyasha stubbornly crossed his arms over his chest, refusing to even think of listening to what the monk was trying to say.

“For one, they’re not my family, and two, I told you that if I refused to meet them that eventually…” Miroku interrupted before he could even continue that statement.

“They’re not going to leave. All you’re doing by not meeting them is delaying the inevitable, and proving to them what everyone else who knows you is already aware of.”

“Yeah, and what’s that?” Inuyasha asked, not at all sure if he wanted to know the answer.

“That you’re a spoiled brat.” Miroku stated matter of factly, earning him a rather painful punch to the back of the head from an irate dog demon.

How could he have called him spoiled? He never got anything he wanted. One good example of that would be the fact that these two unwanted squatters were here in the first place. What would Miroku know about it though? Just because you were a prince, didn’t mean you got everything you desired. “I am not a spoiled brat, you jackass!”

“Yeah? Well you’re sure acting like it. I know you’re not happy about your father remarrying, but I thought you would have at least wanted to meet your brother.”

“What are you talking about? I don’t have a bro…” He stopped mid-sentence. He had never really thought about it like that before. Amarante’s son would in fact be his brother, or step-brother if you wanted to get more technical. He had a brother. Excitement lit up his eyes when he thought about it. He had always hated being the only pup of the litter, but now that had all changed. He really had a brother. With far away eyes, he asked Miroku his next question. “What’s he like?” He asked this, because he had just became aware that he didn’t know so much as the name of his new brother.

Miroku raised an amused eyebrow at the dog demon’s expression. “I cannot believe you haven’t seen him yet.” Why had the monk said it like that? It was like he was missing out on not seeing him or something. What could possibly be that special about him? Unless…

“What is he like repulsively ugly or something?” This time Miroku actually let out a chuckle.

Between laughs, he managed to get out. “Not quite.” The dog prince’s eyebrows knitted in confusion. If he wasn’t ugly, then that must mean that he was attractive right? From the disturbingly hungry look in Miroku’s eyes whenever he mentioned him, he could only assume that he was.

“He’s not better looking than me, is he?” Now coming out of most people’s mouth that might sound narcissistic, but Inuyasha knew how attractive he was. He had had enough women and men alike fawn over him to know that he was in no way ugly. He was considered to be one of the best catches around, which was why most people were shocked to learn that he was nearing adulthood, and he wasn’t even mated yet.

Miroku placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, before leaning forward so that their faces were close together. “Let’s just put it this way, if I thought it were possible, I wouldn‘t hesitate in asking him to bear my child.”

Inuyasha angrily slapped the hand of his shoulder. “Feh…you’re a pervert. Your opinion doesn’t count.” To his annoyance, Miroku flicked his nose at that.

“Actually my opinion is the only one that does count, because I’m the only one of the two of us that have actually met him.”

“Yeah? Well I’m going to march back home right now and meet them so I can prove you wrong.” He wasn’t exactly sure what he was proving Miroku wrong about, but it was just important that he was wrong about something…It was just the principle of the matter. Inuyasha spun on his heel and started to stalk off towards his castle. It was only after they were almost there that he paused in his steps after coming to a realization. He turned his head to face the monk, who looked to be trying ridiculously hard not to smile. “I just got played, didn’t I?”

With a smile, Miroku nodded. “It’s possible, but that probably doesn’t stop that curious nature of yours from still wanting to see them, now does it?” Inuyasha scowled. He would love to say no, but when the bastard was right, he was right. “Now why don’t you march your butt up there and go say hi to your new mom and brother.”

Inuyasha’s ear drooped a little. “You’re not coming with me?” He asked, fully prepared to pout if his friend told him no.

“Don’t even try to give me that puppy dog face Inuyasha.” The dog demon paused mid pout. “I just came to check on you, but now that I know you’re okay…” The monk paused, giving Inuyasha the up and down, before continuing. “well mostly okay at least, I can go now.” The hanyou went to open his mouth, but Miroku raised a hand to stop him. “I don’t want to hear it. Just march up to that castle and greet your family. We can hang out later, and you can tell me all the juicy details.”

Golden eyes narrowed on the monk, not at all liking the tone of voice he had said the word ‘juicy’ in. It was the same voice he used to say all of his sexual innuendos, and he really had no idea how it would fit in this situation. That was beside the point though. Miroku was just going to abandon him when he needed him most. Hadn’t he ever heard of camaraderie? He knew that whatever he said though that his friend wasn’t going to stay. So instead, he summed all of his feelings up with. “You suck.”

With that said he once again began to stalk up to his house. This was so not going how he had planned it in his mind. How had Miroku dooped him into doing this? When he reached the a door in the back, he realized that it didn’t matter how, because now there was no getting out of the inevitable. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, he slid the door open to greet his new ’family.’

When he cracked his eyes back open, he saw that their spacious parlor was empty at the moment. At this he let out a breath he hadn’t even knew that he was holding in relief. Truthfully he didn’t know why he felt so nervous, but he was almost petrified to the spot in the empty room. Scents of roasted pork drifted towards his nostrils, and he knew that it must be dinner time. The realization shocked him. Had he really been hiding out all day from this?…Damn, was he pathetic.

Before he knew what was happening, his nose and stomach had led him into the dining room, where the entire family was sitting down for dinner. Three pairs of eyes turned to him, and he froze in shock. This had definitely not how he had wanted to make his entrance…For all he knew he was drooling.

His father didn’t seem to mind though. Inutaishou’s face lit up at seeing him. His father looked like a much older and wiser version of himself, minus the dog ears of course. No, Inutaishou’s were more pointed and human looking. His eyes were a dark amberish-orange color, and they almost gleamed red in the sunlight. His hair was grown to long past his hips, and was the same whitish-silver color as his own. Inutashou had also been blessed with dog demon markings that had bypassed Inuyasha’s own hanyou blood. There were two purple streaks on each of his cheeks, and on his wrists. So pretty much his father was to be admired on all accounts, admired and feared. Though he didn’t look all that scary at the moment while giving him a heart warming smile. “Aw Inuyasha, how good of you to join us. Now you can finally meet your new mother, and your brother.” Inuyasha gave a crooked smile, and hoped that it didn’t look as stupid as it felt.

“Sorry I’m late.” He swallowed, trying to think up an excuse. Finally he just settled on. “I got held up.” That one always worked.

His dad gave him a knowing look. “I’m sure, but no matter. You’re here now.” The older demon stood up, and motioned to the woman sitting by his side at the table. “This is my new wife, and your new mother, Amarante.”

Inuyasha’s gaze traveled over to the woman who was to be part of his new family, and for some reason immediately disliked her. It wasn’t her looks either, because by all means she was beautiful. She was thin, and yet curvy in all the right places. Her skin was a pale white color, and yet seemed to illuminate even in the dim lit room. She had pale white hair, with hints of blue streaks throughout it, and had it done up in a bun. Her eyes were a beautiful sky blue color to match her hair, and yet when his own golden ones met them, he couldn’t help but shiver. They radiated a coldness in her persona that made him want to leave the room and get away from her as soon as possible. He couldn’t explain why he felt so uncomfortable around the woman, but he was getting the chills just standing there.

This of course didn’t mean that he couldn’t be polite. Giving a small bow, he formally greeted his father’s new wife. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Lady Amarante.”

She waved such formality off, and Inuyasha could see that her sharp claws were painted to fiery red to match her kimono. “Oh my dear, you don’t have to call me that. As a matter of fact I would be honored if you would call me mother.” Inuyasha had to bight the inside of his cheek to stop a growl from ripping out of his throat at the very thought of calling her something so personal, and yet he noticed the look he was receiving from his father, and knew he had no choice.

“Yes…Mother.” He forced out, almost choking on the words as he said it. “I’m very happy you’ve come to stay with us.” She gave a chilling smile at that.

“Oh trust me dear, the pleasure is all mine.” Yeah he bet it was. She was getting to be the wife of the ruler of the Western Lands, what the hell did she have to complain about? Her slender hand gestured to the person sitting next to her. “And this, Inuyasha, is your step-brother Sesshomaru.” So his name was Sesshomaru?…A strong name. His eyes traveled over to finally get a look at the his highly praised brother, and his breath hitched at what he saw.

Miroku’s description really hadn’t done him justice. Sesshomaru was amazing looking, he was gorgeous, he was a god…He was perfect. The easiest way to describe him would have to be to say he was the exact opposite of himself. Where Inuyasha was built lean and short, Sesshomaru was tall and built. Where Inuyasha had somewhat tanned sun-kissed skin, he had creamy white skin that had the same illuminating properties as his mothers. Sesshomaru wasn’t cursed with the cute puppy dog ears that he had, but had ears more like his father. Even their hair was different. Although the same color, Sesshomaru’s looked like it was made out of strings of silk. Inuyasha had the incredible urge to just walk over there and run his fingers through the no doubt soft mass. Unlike his, his was always more course, and usually filled with quite a few leaves and twigs. Sesshomaru’s though was gorgeous. It wasn’t only his hair though, Sesshomaru himself was. “…beautiful.”

Up until that point, his step-brother had been staring dejectly at his plate, but he looked up quite suddenly, and their eyes met for the first time. They were like his, and yet just like everything else, not like his at all. His were more slanted, whereas Inuyasha’s were big and round, but they were the same golden color. Although Sesshomaru’s seemed to hold the same coldness as his mother’s, though for some reason this didn’t put him off nearly as much as it had with Amarante. No, the coldness just seemed to fit him. This was also the first time he got a good view of the rest of his face. He held almost the exact same dog demon markings as his father did, although Sesshomaru’s stripes were red, and he had a purple half moon on his forehead.

“What did you say?” It was only after Sesshomaru spoke to him, that he realized he had spoken out loud before. His hand flew up to his mouth in horror, and a deep blush traveled up his neck to smear his face in a deep red tint. Oh this was just great! Just how everyone wants to make a first impression, by calling their new step-brother beautiful.

Knowing that he wasn’t going to get away with simply running from the room, which by all means is what he felt like doing, he racked his brain to try to think up an excuse. He finally settled with. “beautiful…family.” Inuyasha gave a half smile at that, knowing he picked up a topic he could run with. “I was just remarking on how beautiful of a family we now have.”

This seemed to appease the two parents, but Sesshomaru’s eyes were still narrowed in suspicion. Just having those suspicious eyes on him made him gulp, and he had to look away, not being able to take staring into their depths any longer. Eyes still on Inuyasha, he placed his chopsticks down onto his plate, and scooted away from the table.

All eyes fell on Sesshomaru, and he obviously realized he wasn’t getting out of there without an answer. Turning to Inutaishou, he gave a slight bow. “I thank you for the meal, but I feel I must retire to whatever chambers I’m to be staying in.” His silky smooth voice rolled off his tongue, and in a semi-trance, Inuyasha moved to get closer to it, but ended up stubbing his toe on the table.

“Shit!” He exclaimed. In pain, he reached down to grab at his unguarded foot, and shook his hurt appendage to try to relieve the pain. Every pair of eyes turned to him, and he once more reddened in embarrassment. Especially at how Sesshomaru’s seemed to roll in disgust at his antics.

Amarante took a step towards him, extending out a hand to help hold him up while he was balancing on one leg. “Are you alright dear?”

Not liking at all to have her touch him, Inuyasha immediately shrugged off the hand, but then realizing what he had done, have her a smile in apology. “Yes, mother I’m fine.” He had barely got that mother part out. The accursed word still felt like acid as it passed off his tongue. “I’m sorry to have startled you.”

She gave him a small smile. “Not at all Inuyasha.” Her eyes seemed to light up with an idea. “Why don’t you show Sesshomaru around the castle, and find him a suitable room. That way it will give the both of you some time to bond.”

Not to say he wasn’t up for it, but his ears did droop a little when he saw how Sesshomaru’s face darkened at the very idea. He was just about to whine when he saw such a thing, but then he figured that would be letting him know that it had gotten to him, and he couldn’t have that, now could he? His features perked up a little, and he gave his step-mother a smile. “I’d love to.”

Amarante placed her hands together. “Splendid. I hope the two of you have fun.” Inuyasha gave a bow and a wave, before heading down the hallway that led to the second part of their castle with all of the rooms. He noticed, with some relief, how Sesshomaru had followed him silently as he did so.

Inuyasha gave the tour any courteous guide would, pointing out all the necessary rooms as they passed. They had already passed his father’s room, which of course would now also be Sesshomaru’s mother’s room as well. They passed the kitchens, the playroom, the bathing house, and now were down by the end of the house. The hanyou stopped in front of a door, and slid it open, revealing a spacious bedroom. It was easily one of the biggest in the castle, possibly even bigger than his own. It had been the room used to house all of the pelts of animals that his father had slain, and so the entire room was covered in furs of all different kinds of species. Growing up, Inuyasha had been especially envious of the futon in the center, and had always snuck in at night to sleep on it due to its comfort from being lined in about twenty different pelts.

He gestured unnecessarily to the inside of the room. “This will be your room if you want it. There’s also some rooms down the hall, but they’re much smaller.”

“This will be fine.” He practically cut in before he had a chance to finish. Sesshomaru’s voice was filled with irritation, and he wondered if it was because of him. Not really knowing why he felt the need to explain himself, but wanting to anyways. Inuyasha twisted his hands in his haori as he struggled to get out what he needed to say.

“Listen Sesshomaru…about earlier…”

“When you called me beautiful.” Sesshomaru snipped, once more interrupting him. Inuyasha’s eyes widened, and he swallowed a gulp of embarrassment, not really knowing where to go from here.

“Err…yeah.” He tried to avoid those cold eyes that he could feel burning into his face. “I just didn’t want you to feel weirded out or anything.” Inuyasha leaned against the door frame, feeling ashamed at even bringing it up.

“And why would I feel, as you so elegantly put it, weirded out?” His eyes fell to the floor, now more sorry than ever that he had even started this conversation. Why had he started this conversation? For the life of him he couldn’t even come up with a legitimate answer. It didn’t matter though. He couldn’t very well get out of it now that it started.

“Well I…” He stammered, feeling ridiculous that he couldn’t even seem to get a sentence out nowadays. “I didn’t want you to think that I’m like lusting after you or anything.”

His breath hitched in his throat when a curtain of white covered him as Sesshomaru placed one hand on the door frame and leaned over him. His heart felt like it was beating at a million miles an hour at just their close proximity, and he absolutely refused to look up from the floor, too afraid of what he might see when he did.

Though of course he wasn’t given a choice in the matter, when a finely shaped hand reached out to lift up his chin. Sesshomaru’s claws scraped against his chin, making him yelp a little in surprise. The sad thing is that he was even more surprised when he actually did look up and saw how close him and the demon really were. “Are you?”

He was knocked in such a stupor by recent events, that he actually had to ask the question. “Am I what?” Still stone faced, Sesshomaru leaned, if possible, closer.

“Lusting after me.” Ever syllable was painfully dragged out, and Inuyasha was finding it difficult to breathe as he continued to stare into those golden pools. Did people get so lost when they looked into his eyes as he felt while looking in Sesshomaru’s?

His eyes rolled into the back of his head when the demon’s free hand came to rest on his hip. The warmth from such a small amount of body contact radiated through him, and his breaths started to come out in ragged pants.

Inuyasha tried to get a hold of himself. What the hell was wrong with him anyways? He was practically a puddle in front of his step-brother. That’s right! Step brother. Why did Sesshomaru seem to affect him so much, when really he wasn’t even doing anything? Closing his eyes, Inuyasha tried to think of something, anything, to get his mind off of how close his step-brother was to him. That something turned into the question he had been asked, and he almost smacked himself for the fact that he hadn’t answered it earlier.

“N-No. Of course not!” Oh yeah…that really sounded like he meant it. He had never heard anybody that sounded so unsure in his entire life, and Sesshomaru seemed to realized this, for his eyebrow rose in amusement.

He almost whined, when Sesshomaru withdrew from his position, going instead to stand just inside his room. “Good, because I don’t fuck half-breed mutts.” His voice was cold, colder than it had been before, and Inuyasha was so shocked by this turn of events, that it took him awhile to realize just what he had said. Once he did though, the hair on the back of his neck bristled in anger.

“What the hell did you call me?” The hanyou snarled, not feeling any of the affects Sesshomaru had placed on him from before.

Said demon just eyed him up and down boredly before giving his answer. “You heard me just fine hanyou.” His head tilted to the side. “Oh don’t look so disappointed, even your brain should have realized that I, a full blooded demon, would want to have nothing to do with some abomination.” His eyes glittered with malice. “Especially one who wants to sleep with his own step-brother.”

A growl erupted from Inuyasha’s throat. “I don’t want to sleep with you, yeh bastard!” And at that moment he actually meant it. Sesshomaru’s head once more tilted to the side, as he looked at him in amused speculation.

“I’m sure. Regardless on whether you want to hump me or not, you will vacate my area of the house.” His nose curled up in distaste. “I don’t want your stink polluting my room.”

Not being one to ever just lie down and take it, Inuyasha flexed his claws, cracking them as he did so. “Who the fuck do you think you are? This was my house first, and I can take my stink anywhere I damn well please it to be!”

A yelp ripped from his throat as in an instant, Sesshomaru swung his fist, making four claw marks across his right cheek. Blood splattered across the floor, and Inuyasha immediately went up to cradle his face. Though this temporary distraction left him wide open for the older of the two to smash him against the wall, holding him upright by his neck.

Inuyasha’s eyes widened at the red tint Sesshomaru’s eyes had become. “Listen to me right now mutt, I am only here because that scarlet woman I call mother has forced me to.” He sneered. “I certainly would never have associated myself with that disgrace of a demon that spawned you.” His lip curled up in disgust. “To think…consummating with a human. What a pathetic excuse for a demon lord.”

“That’s my mother and father you’re talking about asshole!” Inuyasha snarled, now pushing at the hold Sesshomaru had him in.

At seeing his resistance, the older demon just merely rolled his eyes, and dropped him to the ground before walking back into his room. “Like I care, but know this hanyou, if you come around me without our parents to protect you, I will not hesitate to rip you to pieces.” With that said his step-brother slid his door shut, leaving him sitting out in the hall stunned, and still more than a little riled up.

How dare that bastard!? Who the hell did he think he was? He had come into his house, and said that to him, and to think, he had liked him when they first met. Well he knew now to rectify that mistake of his. Not only did he not like him, but he loathed him. He would kill him next time they met?…Like he would want to go anywhere near that poor excuse for a dog demon if he didn’t have to. Inuyasha snarled once more as he stalked down the hall back to his room. God Sesshomaru was a jackass!
,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,,.,.,.,