InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ We Will Become Silhouettes ❯ Dagger ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

We Will Become Silhouettes


Chapter 2 Dagger

Inuyasha sat cross legged in the grass, continuously tearing up the grass and ripping it to shreds. This had been going on for the better part of two hours, and he really didn’t think there was going to be any lawn left pretty soon. Though it was hardly his fault, it was a habit he got into when he was pissed off, and he was definitely pissed off.

“Inuyasha I think it’s dead.” The hanyou glanced upwards and caught sight of his friend walking up to him. She was pretty with raven black hair and dark eyes. She was always wearing around priestess robes, and she let her hair hang down so that it framed her face. She was very friendly, if not bordering on annoying, and had a weird sense of humor. Seriously half the things she said you’d think that she was off her rocker. He greeted her with a scoff, and then went back to meticulously tearing at the grass.

Miroku however was much kinder in his greeting. “Oh don’t mind him Kagome, he’s just a little mad at his brother.” Mad really didn’t even begin to cover it.

“You have a brother Inuyasha?” Kagome’s voice had perked up in curiosity, but this only made Inuyasha look up and scowl.

“No I don’t. That jackass is not my brother.” All of the grass was now gone, and so he had gone to digging furiously at the ground.

As was usual, Miroku acted as his translator. “Well they’re stepbrothers, but Sesshomaru is a little eccentric.” Inuyasha paused in his digging to throw in a crude comment.

“Feh eccentric…the guys just a complete and total ass. Do you wanna know what he did to me today Kagome?” The girl sunk down into the grass that was beside the old bone-eaters well of the village where Miroku and Kagome lived.

“Um do I have a choice?” To that the hanyou glared.

“No.” After that was said he went in to an immediate explanation about why they were going to have to plant a new field of grass. “Alright so he went to my father and was all ‘I don’t like my room’ and so he’s all ‘okay we’ll get you a new one’ and then he’s all ‘I already picked one out’ then my dad’s like ‘great which one would you like?’” His eyes narrowed to slits as his voice took on a more murderous tone. “And do you know which one that little fucker picked?” He didn’t even wait for a response. “My room! He said he wanted my room, and my father said he could have it! I got kicked out of my own room!”

After that explanation was out, he went back to his digging. During his digging though Miroku filled in the missing pieces for the confused girl. “Sesshomaru doesn’t like Inuyasha all that much.” From his hole, you could hear Inuyasha’s reply of.

“Like me?…Are you kidding me, the guy hates me!” Miroku looked over to the dog youkai, and shook his head before glancing back to Kagome.

“As I was saying, he probably just did this to get under Inuyasha’s skin.” The word ‘bastard’ came from the hanyou’s hole, but the other two ignored it and continued talking.

“So like why does Sesshomaru hate Inuyasha?” Miroku opened his mouth to respond, but a now dirt covered Inuyasha chose to field that one.

“Because he’s a prejudice bastard who only likes other demons. He can’t stand me cuz I’m a hanyou and ‘impure’ or some shit like that.” Not feeling like digging anymore, Inuyasha slumped against the well. “I’m tellin yeh Kagome the guys a bastard. You would hate him.”

Kagome put a hand to her chin. “But Inuyasha weren’t you always telling me how much you hated your room and wanted to move into the one with all the furs?” The hanyou’s eyebrows scrunched together.

“Well yeah, but that’s so not the point…” She interrupted him.

“And which room are you staying in now?” Knowing where this conversation was going, Inuyasha crossed his arms and stubbornly looked the other way.

“I’m in the room that I always wanted to stay in, but that doesn’t matter. It was the whole fact that my family just booted me out of my own room.” Kagome shrugged.

“I don’t know Inuyasha, it sounds to me like Sesshomaru did you a favor.” Inuyasha’s golden eyes bugged a little at that.

“Are you kidding me!? Yeah that’s the room I wanted, but he sure as hell didn’t know that! The cocksucker would have never left that room if he knew I actually wanted it! God Kagome it’s the principle of the matter!” He turned to his other friend. “Miroku understands, don’t you buddy?”

Miroku glanced at him, before glancing in the direction of the town. “I don’t know what you’re talking about Inuyasha. I told you that you were being stupid ages ago.” In anger, Inuyasha lashed out, smacking the monk as hard as he could across the head.

“You’re not supposed to tell her that you bastard!” God why didn’t anybody understand? Sesshomaru was obviously doing this just to torture him. He could picture it right now, that jerk sitting on his bed laughing all evilly as he tapped his fingers together to try to think of what to do next to best torment him.

With a glare, Miroku sat back up, rubbing at his sore head the entire time. But instead of turning to Inuyasha, he instead focused his attentions on the young miko. “Kagome have you ever noticed that people only say it’s the principle of the matter when they know they’re wrong?”

Inuyasha glanced back and forth between his two friends incredulously. How could they not be on his side over this? Sesshomaru and his mother had only been living there a week and already he was about to snap. Yet they were practically taking his side. He took a deep breath of frustration. Really, he felt like he was taking crazy pills.

“What is the matter with you two! For one thing you haven’t even met him.” Miroku held up his hand and stuck out his chin in defense.

“That’s not entirely true Inuyasha. I saw him when I was at your house that one day.” Inuyasha could feel his eye twitch in annoyance, and his hand was aching to hit Miroku across the head again. He was about to call him a baka and tell him that of course Sesshomaru acted all nice and friendly while he was around his parents, but Kagome interrupted him.

“You’ve seen him Miroku? What does he look like?” She asked excitedly. As soon as the question was asked the hanyou’s face fell. Getting into Sesshomaru’s looks was not on the top of his lists of things he’d most like to do.

“Oh well the easiest way to put that would be to say he looks pretty much what you what expect a god to look like, and a sex god at that.” Inuyasha looked the other way when he thought about just how he had thought the same thing…truthfully still did.

Though that still didn’t mean that he couldn’t get pissed about him receiving such high praise. He especially didn’t like how Kagome’s tongue was practically lolling out of her mouth at just the description. “Inuyasha I think that maybe I should come over to your house someday…Your brother sounds hot.”

“Well he’s not alright! He’s a dirty bastard who smells and never cleans himself…It’s really gross. He’s smelled up the entire house.” Truthfully he had no idea where that had come from, but he just felt the need to get Kagome’s attentions off of how hot his stepbrother was.

When he looked back at his two friends he noticed how there eyes were widened rather comically, and how those eyes were focused on a point right behind him. “What are you guys?…” Kagome pointed behind him, and he turned his head to get a good look at what they were both staring at, when he did however his mouth dropped to the floor. “Sesshomaru!” What the hell was he doing here? He had asked his mind such a good question, that he thought he might as well voice it out loud. “What the hell are you doing here?”

His stepbrother was staring at him with his normal look of distaste, but the only difference this time was how that look kept shifting between him, Miroku, and Kagome. “Is this what you do with your time hanyou, hang out with filthy humans?” His lip curled up in disgust. “No wonder you always reek so bad.”

At seeing his friend’s indignant faces, he gave them a look that said ‘I told you so’ before turning to glare at Sesshomaru. “Is there a reason you’re here, or is ruining just my home life not good enough for you anymore?”

His dog ears perked up when he heard Kagome whispering to Miroku. “You weren’t kidding Miroku, Sesshomaru is hot.” Not that that statement wasn’t enough to thoroughly piss him off, but the fact that the comment on the demon made his own eyes travel the length of him was enough to really make him scowl. Though Sesshomaru was really nothing to scowl at. He was dressed in long black flowing hakama’s, and a red haori with black lettering on it. His hair was pulled back into a pony tail against his head, giving him a good view of his demon markings across his face.

“Are you done staring mutt?” A growl ripped through Inuyasha’s throat at that.

“I wasn’t staring at you! Get over yourself!” Damn he had an ego. Every time they talked pretty much Sesshomaru would bring up him staring, or him drooling, or him wanting him, which so wasn’t true. Okay…well it was true sometimes, but he would never act on such a thing, because he couldn’t stand his older brother.

“Yes, and you’re not a worthless wretch either I suppose?” It took awhile for him to figure what that meant, but as soon as he did, his lip curled up in a snarl.

“What the fuck are you doing here asshole?…I thought you hated humans, and me for that matter.” Sesshomaru simply scoffed, before walking back the way he came.

He did manage to call over his shoulder though. “You’re such a waste of my time. I’ll just tell your father that you didn’t want to. That way at least I won’t have to hear about it.”

Well he had to hand it to him, that had caught his attention. Giving a look of apology to Kagome and Miroku, he immediately sprinted to catch up to Sesshomaru who was now good deal away from the well of the village. “Sesshomaru! Hey Sesshomaru! Wait up!” When he finally caught up to the demon, he grabbed his shoulder, forcing him to stop in his tracks.

That hand though was rather forcefully removed as Sesshomaru practically crushed it with his own. After he had removed the hand, he began to walk again, although this time thankfully less fast.

“Your father bade me to spar with you, but like I said earlier, you’re obviously not interested.” Inuyasha’s jaw dropped a little at that. Sesshomaru was actually going to spar with him? Just the prospect of it was enough to make a grin spread across his face in excitement. He had no doubt that if he had a tale that it would be wagging right now.

“Are you serious?…That would be so cool.” Not only that, but he would also get to beat the shit out of his older youkai brother without worrying about getting yelled at because of it.

“Don’t sound so happy about it mutt, the only reason I’m doing this is because I was commanded to do so.” He glanced behind his shoulder to give him a hateful glare. “Believe me when I say the last thing I want to do is give you even an ounce of pleasure.”

Inuyasha ran in front of Sesshomaru, and turned to face him so that he was walking backwards. “Whatever you say big brother, but I know you want me.” He surprised himself with his boldness. Seriously where the hell had that come from?

Sesshomaru simply scoffed, and pushed him out of his trail. “Yeah mutt, in your latest wet dream…” He turned to face him. “Or did you think I wouldn’t hear?” Inuyasha stopped in the middle of the forest just outside their estates, completely mortified by what he had just heard.

Heat was rushing into his face at the very thought of Sesshomaru actually hearing that. It was true, that for the last couple of nights his dreams had been racked with images of the white haired youkai, and the both of them were in quite compromising positions. He had woken up much more sticky for the wear than how he had gone to sleep the night before, and he had been hating himself for having such dreams about pretty much the biggest dick alive ever since.

Fanning his face to try to hide his blush, Inuyasha quickly stuttered out. “You-you heard them?” He thought he would die from embarrassment when Sesshomaru actually gave him a sadistic smirk.

“No I didn’t. I was just saying that to get a rise out of you, but it is interesting to know…disturbing…but interesting nonetheless, that you were actually having sex dreams about me.” Inuyasha practically fell to the floor. If somebody were to just kill him right then he’d probably thank them in the next life. All he wanted at the moment was for someone to put him out of his misery. How could he have fell for that, and just completely admitted that he was actually dreaming about that bastard?

Quick, now was the time to think of something really witty to try to counteract such a dumb move. It had to be something to shut Sesshomaru up, and make him forget all about what he had just learned. Think Inuyasha…think. That was when a really great idea popped into his head. It was no doubt far fetched, but if nothing else at least it would piss Sesshomaru off and make him forget about the whole wet dream thing for at least the time being.

Crossing his arms over his chest, and giving him his best toothy grin, Inuyasha put his plan into action. “Yeah well I’m not the only one guilty in that department.”

Sesshomaru rose a finely sculpted eyebrow. “I don’t have wet dreams about you hanyou.” See he thought he was all mighty and superior, but he wasn’t about to let him get away with that haughty attitude.

“Yeah, but you did switch rooms so that you could be around my scent.” Seriously he didn’t even know where that came from. He was pretty much just talking out of his ass by this time. Although even so he had to play the part up, he took one cocky step forward. “All that stuff about hating my stench, and then you move into my room that’s covered with it?…It couldn’t be just to make me miserable, because if it is how you say it is then you’d be in the same boat as me.” He took another step. “No, I think you switched rooms so that you could be around it…I think you want me every bit as much as I want yo-…” His hands flew up to his mouth. He stopped himself short, just barely being able to hold back that entire statement. How could he have just almost said that!?….Damn he could be stupid sometimes.

Though by the looks of it it had been a not so stupid idea. Sesshomaru looked frozen in horror after his evaluation, and it was then that Inuyasha thought that he might have actually been right. He opened his mouth to ask him just that, but he never got the chance, because Sesshomaru transformed into what looked to be a big ball of white light, and began speeding towards the castle.

Feeling quite light headed, Inuyasha took off on a full out sprint towards him. This was turning out to be one hell of a weird ass day, and with the thought of Sesshomaru sparring with him, he knew it was only going to get weirder.

He slowed down when he reached the inner grounds, and sniffed the air. He could detect Sesshomaru’s spicy scent coming from the training hall inside of their castle, and so he took off to meet him. Well at least he wasn’t going to ditch on their sparring match.

As soon as he slid the doors that led to the room open, his heart stopped in his chest. Sesshomaru was standing just inside the training hall with his back facing him as he examined the weapons, in his hakama, and nothing else. His haori had been discarded at the entrance, and the creamy white skin of his back and shoulders was in clear view. The skin on his shoulder blades stretched as he reached for something on the shelf, and Inuyasha was mesmerized by the muscle contraction. How could someone so incredibly beautiful be such a bastard?

Said beautiful bastard turned around rather slowly, giving him a good view of the taut muscles of his abs and chest. His tongue practically lolled to the ground when he saw the fine silver hairs that led all the way from his navel to down under his hakama. He unconsciously took a few steps forward, his eyes never leaving that beautiful alabaster skin. He probably would have walked all the way over to Sesshomaru, had the demon not prodded him in the chest with a sheathed sword, effectively stopping him in his tracks.

“Don’t come any further mutt. I don’t want you any closer to me than you have to be.” He used his sword to point to the wrack of weapons. “Now go pick your poison. Your father requested that we use bamboo swords, but I think you can handle the real thing…Or are you not up for it, little brother?” His tone was challenging, and Inuyasha wasn’t one to back at of that challenge.

With a crude smirk, he grabbed a katana from the wrack of practice swords, and also a tanto to put in his belt. “Oh you don’t have to worry about me big brother, I’m always up for it.”

Sesshomaru gave him a nod of approval, before unsheathing his sword and raising it into a defensive position. “Good. Then let’s begin.” Before he even had a chance to respond, Sesshomaru had charged him at full speed, bringing the katana down for a strike. It was all Inuyasha could do just to block such an attack.

His bare feet slid back at the force of the strike, and he had to steady himself just to keep his balance. There was no doubt about it, Sesshomaru was strong, and he didn’t seem to be holding anything back. Inuyasha tried to fling the curtain of white that had covered his eyes out of the way, and his stepbrother took this opportunity for another attack, conjuring what looked to be lights of whips from his fingers and slashing him on the forearm as he passed him to the other side of the dojo.

Inuyasha let out a scream of pain as he watched his blood splatter across the smooth wooden floor, and looked up at the older demon with narrowed eyes. “You cheater! You didn’t say that we could use our powers. You don‘t fight fair!”

Sesshomaru met his eyes, and Inuyasha noticed with some fear that the outsides were tinged with red. “You stupid half breed, do you really expect people to fight fair in a real battle? Do you expect them to tell you every little thing they’re going to do beforehand?” His eyes became even darker. “You really don’t know anything do you?…I’m going to come at you again, and if you can’t so much as hit me while I pass, then I won’t waste my time on trying to train such a worthless excuse for an inu-youkai.” His head tilted to the side as he twisted his sword. “So come on mutt, prove to me that you’re worth a damn.”

In response to such a statement, Inuyasha gritted his teeth and tried to ignore the pain in his arm as he also raised his sword. He would not only hit the bastard, but he would beat him! He couldn’t just let him get away with saying something like that. His pride was on the line, and he didn’t plan to fail again.

Not even bothering to wait for Sesshomaru, Inuyasha charged the older demon, blood lust on the mind. He took a clumsy swipe forwards, which Sesshomaru evaded easily with his superior strength, and before he knew it, the demon had disappeared. Though he didn’t stay that way for long, because in less than a second he could sense his presence right behind him. The bastard was fast…too fast for him. He let out a yelp of pain when the back of his shoulder was struck with a blow, and he staggered forward.

He couldn’t let Sesshomaru get away, because if he did it would be proving that he really was just a worthless wretch. Not really thinking too strategically at the moment, Inuyasha did the only thing he could think of to get him to stop moving…he pounced. He knew that Sesshomaru was behind him, and so he just turned around and flung his body, hitting the target and sending them both crashing to the ground.

Sesshomaru’s sword went clanging to the ground across the room, and his joined it quite a ways off. This of course was when he began to rethink this plan of his, because such an action left them both in quite a compromising position.

Inuyasha was on top, laying completely on Sesshomaru. Both of their limbs were tangled with the other’s, and their faces were right by each other’s. Still thinking about what his stepbrother had said, Inuyasha grabbed the tanto from the sash of his belt, and brought it up to Sesshomaru’s chest, right above his heart.

“I have you beat Sesshomaru…Now do you yield?” His breath was coming out in shaky pants as the close proximity to his stepbrother was starting to get to him. The fact that he was practically snuggled up into his bare chest really didn’t help matters that much either. Sesshomaru whispered something then, something that sounded a lot like ‘dagger.’ Inuyasha’s eyes knitted together in confusion, and his curiosity got the better of him. “What was that?”

Cold golden eyes met him with a level stare. “I was just thinking how you were just like a dagger in my heart.” As he was saying that, his hand traveled up to wrap around the wrist that was holding the dagger. Inuyasha, being completely and utterly confused by what that was supposed to mean, didn’t notice when Sesshomaru propped his weight up onto his hips. He did notice though when the demon pushed up on those hips, knocking them both once more backwards, although this time he was the one that had landed on top. Inuyasha’s eyes widened as he saw Sesshomaru’s face right above his, and his body unconsciously shifted closer to the one above his. The demon leaned closer, so close in fact that he could feel his warm breath against his earlobe. “But I will never yield to someone like you.” And just like that the warm body heat he had been enjoying was gone, and so for that matter was Sesshomaru. The only thing Inuyasha saw as he sat up was the dojo door swinging shut as he left. The hanyou took a few deep breaths as he tried to get his body under control. Though it didn’t seem to be helping getting his hormones in check. No, now was the time to find a river…a nice cold one.
,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.