InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Weeds ❯ Changes ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 1: Changes
 
Kagome watched her late husband get lowered into his grave. He was gone. She couldn't believe it. Her husband was gone.
 
She looked down at her ten-year-old son Shippo. He didn't show any signs of emotion on his face as he watched his father being buried. Kagome's sixteen-year-old brother, Souta just stood there not caring.
 
Kagome's mother was pregnant the day her father died sixteen years ago. Kagome was twelve at the time. Her mother died at childbirth leaving Kagome and Souta with their aunt. Six years after that she got pregnant at eighteen by her boyfriend Kouga. They did the right thing and got married and had a good ten years together when Kouga unexpectedly had a heart attack during his jog through the park. Now Souta, Kagome, and Shippo were on their own. Souta had decided to live with his sister to help her out a little bit.
 
“Can we leave?” Shippo asked.
 
“Sure, let's get going,” Kagome said, not being able to watch anymore.
 
Shippo ran off toward the car and Souta followed after him. Kagome looked at the grave sight one last time before she headed off. What was she going to do for money now? All the medical and funeral bills had wiped them out of their money, even the insurance policy wouldn't last a couple months.
 
She got into the driver's seat of the car and made sure that everyone was situated. “Are you alright sis?” Souta asked.
 
“Yeah, thanks for coming,” Kagome smiled.
 
“Anything for you sis,” Souta said rubbing her shoulder.
 
Kagome started the car and drove off to the house. “Mom, I'm hungry,” Shippo said.
 
“What do you want to eat?” Kagome asked.
 
“I don't care,” Shippo stated.
 
“Okay, I'll make something when we get home,” Kagome said.
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……………………
 
Kagome sat on her bed looking at the side that Kouga used to sleep on. She ran her hand over the sheets and sighed. He was gone. He was really gone. She laid down next to were he would've been and grabbed his pillow. She hugged it to her form and smelled his shampoo on the pillow.
 
Tears came to her eyes, but she wiped them away. Souta walked into the room and sat down next to his sister. She sat up and he hugged her. Kagome just couldn't hold it in any longer. She wrapped her arms around her brother and cried into his shoulder.
 
“It's going to be okay,” Souta whispered rubbing her back.
 
“Why is he gone? Why did he leave me?” Kagome cried.
 
Souta couldn't answer that. He just held his sister as she cried. Even when she found out Kouga was dead she didn't cry because of Shippo. She wanted to be strong for Shippo. Shippo seemed to be taking his father's death well though.
 
Kagome backed away from her brother and wiped off her face. She wanted to smile, but she just couldn't. There were too many things that worried her. She looked at Souta and smiled before she cried again. She couldn't keep that smile on her face.
 
“I'll go look for a job,” Souta said standing.
 
“No, you have school. I'll figure out something,” Kagome said.
 
“Are you sure?” Souta asked.
 
“Yeah, I'll find something,” Kagome said nodding. She wiped her tears off of her cheeks and went to the bathroom to wash off her face.
 
She then left the house to get some groceries. She parked in close to the store and walked the rest of the way. She walked around the store grabbing all the things she needed when she saw one of her friends.
 
“Hey Miroku!” Kagome called and the tall man turned around.
 
“What a lovely surprise! How have you been?” Miroku asked.
 
“Kouga died last week. The funeral was yesterday,” Kagome stated.
 
“Oh Kags, I'm so sorry. How are you getting by?” Miroku asked.
 
“I'll be broke in a couple of months, my son is emotionless, and my younger brother thinks he has to take care of me,” Kagome said.
 
“Well I know just the thing to get you money, but we'll take about that somewhere else. The other two, I have no idea how to fix,” Miroku said.
 
“Really? You can get me a job?” Kagome asked.
 
“I guess you can call it that. I have someone I'd like you to meet, let's finish your shopping and I'll take you,” Miroku smiled wrapping an arm around her shoulders as they began to walk around.
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……………………
 
“Kagome this is Sango, my wife,” Miroku introduced.
 
“You have a wife? When did you get married?” Kagome asked.
 
“About a month ago. Sorry I didn't invite you to the wedding, I didn't know you lived around here,” Miroku said.
 
“It's nice to meet you Sango,” Kagome smiled.
 
“Same to you,” Sango said.
 
“Come on over here, Kagome. I have the perfect job for you. You live in the fucked up town of Shiga and even though it's small everyone has their secrets. It's time to start your new life,” Miroku said and led Kagome into a greenhouse.
 
“Don't worry Kagome. We'll teach you everything you need to know about our business,” Sango said as they walked into a secret room in the back of the greenhouse.
 
Inside was a room full of marijuana plants. Kagome gasped and said, “You've got to be kidding me!”
 
“We're pot farmers Kags. We'll sell you your first batch half price, since your husband just died and all. Don't worry, there is no way you can get caught with us,” Miroku smirked.
 
“All you have to do is go around selling them and you'll be rich in no time at all,” Sango said.
 
“No, I can't. I have a ten-year-old son! I can't be a drug dealer!” Kagome exclaimed.
 
“Don't worry about it Kags. The people you sell it to won't rat you out because you'll be their source of their drugs,” Miroku said.
 
“What if I get caught?! How do I sell things without advertising it?” Kagome asked.
 
“That's why you don't get caught. All you do is keep everything quiet. Selling is easy. Only accept cash, no `I owe you's, only cash. Just go up to people and when they are alone and say, `I've got something you might be interested in'. Every man in Shiga has an addiction to this stuff. I can't say the same for the women though. Also, don't try smoking it at all. I'd go to the college first. Sell it there as practice,” Miroku explained.
 
Kagome's mind was spinning. Should she do it? Was it wrong? What if someone found out? She needed the money, badly.
 
“Okay, how much for the first batch?” Kagome asked.
 
“That's a good girl,” Miroku smirked.
 
Sango grabbed three ounces of marijuana and handed it to her. “Sell those first, then you can come back and pay us for them and if you continue you can buy the second batch when you come here,” Sango said.
 
Kagome grabbed them and stuck them in her purse. There was no turning back now.
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;……………………
 
Kagome looked at all the college kids sitting around. She got out of her car and walked over to a group of laid back looking boys.
 
“Hello there boys! How are you all today?” Kagome asked smiling. On the inside she was terrified.
 
“We're fine. Is there something you need?” one boy asked.
 
“I think I have something you might be interested in,” Kagome smirked and pulled out a tiny bag of pot. She had put the three ounces in tiny bags enough for a couple of trips. She showed it to the boys and their eyes widened.
 
“How much?” one asked.
 
“I'm thinking $100 for each bag. You aren't going to get a better deal than that,” Kagome said.
 
“That's a lot of money.”
 
“Well this stuff gets you high for hours. It's pure, no chemicals added,” Kagome said waving it in front of the boys.
 
“I'll take one!”
 
“Me too!”
 
After she collected all the money she passed out the bags. “Pleasure doing business with you,” Kagome smiled and left. She walked around and made $5,000 just in one day.
 
“This isn't that bad after all,” Kagome said as she got into her car. Someone tapped on her window and she rolled it down. It was Naraku, head of the city council.
 
“I saw what you were doing out there,” he stated.
 
“What are you going to do about it?” Kagome asked getting scared.
 
“Relax Kagome! I just want buy some, I'm running out,” Naraku smiled.
 
“No fucking way,” Kagome whispered in disbelief.
 
“Come on Kags. I'm rich and you know it,” he said.
 
“Okay, how much to you want?” she asked still kind of shocked.
 
“I'll get it later. Stop by my house tonight for poker night. The guys will love it,” Naraku said and left.
 
“This town is really fucked up,” she said and drove off towards home.
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………… …………………………̷ 0;…………………….
 
A/N: What do you guys think so far? Hope ya'll like it! Also I was thinking about making a sequel to “Home” for those of you who have read it. It would be focused around Kagome and Inuyasha's second daughter Aine. So would you guys want that? If you do want a sequel then expect a weird update schedule! Lol Thanks a bunch guys!
 
This story is based on the show Weeds. So I'm copying the idea from them! Don't sue me please!