InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Well it's about time ❯ Modern Day Afternoons ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
YO!! Names tony but on this site i go by Animeman1. Many may know me from my somewhat successful FF8 Fic that I had removed from the site do to a complainer and my DBZ yuris involving Pan and Bra but also my Whose lines that got deleted for some odd reason. Anyway this is a new platform for me Inuyasha and Kagome....OH YEAH!!! SOme stuff may be off cuz i'm stuck watching the CN shit on adults swim so if there's minor mistakes please politely point them out or don't anyways fic picks up with death of Naraku and here it comes. bye the way some of this is like put to now and you'll see why in a few paragraphs and Kagomes a senior ion high school.
Disclaimer: Sole property of Rumiko Takahashi-sama
Chapter 1.
2 years, he thought to himself, 2 years to the day since that bastard Naraku's been dead and not a single demon in my time since. To the inhabitants the sight of a red-clothed, silver haired, amber eyed, sword weilding, clawed teenager with dog ears and headphones on wouldn't be a surprise but to others the site of Inuyasha in this form was a bit much despite him spending a good portion of the last few months in the modern time incase some demons with past grudges decided to attack Kagome, Inuyasha still never really left the Higarushi (sp) Shrine unless it was to return home on weekends or days when he was worried about the Shikon crystal, despite its heavy protection.,
After the defeat of Naraku, Kikyo found peace and returned to her reincarnation causing a vast increase in Kagomes already formidable Miko powers, and with the same defeat the curse that had plauged Miroku too lifted freeing him of the dark energy that created the Air Void in his hand and made his monk powers stronger and a great help in the defense of the Shikon. With the threat of Naraku gone many demons had caught wind of the power held by the sons of the Dog General and their comarades in that battle and thought it best to leave the jewel alone due to not only the rumors of Narakus killers powers but also that Kagome, Miroku, and Kaede had each written various seals and placed them on the old shrine that housed the crystal and also where it still remained.
But even if the crystal was still in the modern era didn't mean that something could happen in the past where they had to retrieve it and the only time Inuyasha could be certain was on full moon nights but Kaede always told him about the jewel being there and so far Kagome had also been able to tell him during her weekend visits to the past, which was now the only time she could go since her school was almost done and she had returned her grades had taken a massive upturn and she had a good chance at least getting out of high school now that she was in it.
But for now it was a warm Friday in November and Inuyasha had borrowed Souta's CD player. He'd come to love the little boy like a brother and after about a 20 minute fright fest where Inuyasha remained hidden in the closet at the sounds coming from the plastic disk inserted into a black box and weird sounds had been pounding out of it, he'd come to love the music of modern times particuarlly the genres, Heavy Metal, Hard, Classic, and Alternative Rock, with some j-pop and hip-hop thrown in but he particuarly liked the bands Metallica, Linkin Park, Blink 182, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Snoop, Wu-tang (R.I.P O.D.B) and D12. For now he was lost in thoughts of his mother as he listenend to the song "Mama Said." Her black hair and eyes, her loving face and sometimes he could even recall the vauge outline of his dad although he wasn't sure if that part was real but his mom was always there for him.
And it was lucky for him to be hanging around with Kagome because he would definetely not like to go and say the things in the songs he heard, although he liked alot of it some stuff he was sure he wouldn't want to spread around the past especially since he was just learning English he had to be careful about what words he taught his friends. But it was fun to talk to Kagome sometimes without the others knowing what they said, especially about that lecher Miroku.
"Feh." he sighed and turned over and stared at a dog crossing the street. It was white and shaggy and made him laugh wickedly wishing Sesshomaru transformed like that, a whelp of a dog that couldn't defend itself. "Arrogant bastard," Inuyasha said allowed "couldn't even thank me after I took that many wounds for his sorry ass." Although there past differences were actually pretty much settled Sesshomaru still had little tolerance of Inuyasha and the same in reverse. After the battle Inuyasha was left standing with Tetsaiga as a prop and Sesshomaru kneeling next to him looking at was once Naraku.
Looking at his brother Inuyasha asked "Is it done?" Sesshomaru sniffed and nodded and replied withs saying "Yes it is." Inuyasha sighed and collapsed onto his back breathing hard and noticed Ah-Un appearing next to his brother and Jaken and Rin fondling over their "Sesshomaru-sama" and removed him from the battle field. "Bastard." Inuyasha said aloud before passing out.
Four months had passed and not one word left in the village from his half brother and Inuyasha couldn't care less and spent his time helping the villagers and guarding Kagome, "Kagome...." Inuyasha thought before closing his eyes for a nap.
Meanwhile
Kagome wasa walking with her friends and chatting excitedly about the chem test she had just aced. "92, Kagome great job!" one of her friends exclaimed. She smiled and said "Yeah, now that I'm done being sick all the time I actually have a mind to study!" The lie never stopped and they never planned on it because it was a bit dangerous to say anything for two reasons 1. No one would believe her or 2. they'd believe her and she couldn't bring Inuyasha around anymore.
She sighed at the thought of the Hanyou. At the battle she had been a great help in the defeat but Inuyasha and the others had taken some injuries protecting her and she couldnt help but feel guilty about it. While Sango, Shippou, and Miroku were all not gravely injured Inuyasha was out for a week with all his cuts, shattered ribs and other problems and never once had she left his side except for personal reasons (I.E. the toilet) and when he had awoke a true smile had crossed his mouth and she thought he was almost about to cry when he said jokingly "Thanks wench." and clasped her hand in his before passing out again.
Kagome blushed deeply at the memory which got her friends attention and theys tarted to tease her. She'd gotten used to it but when one asked "So how's that Inuyasha guy. He still two timing ya?" Kagome laughed embarassed and said "No. But we're still really good friends." One perked her eyebrow and said "Yeah, so you guys do anything yet." Kagome blushed more and said "Well he's started holding my hand." Her friends all started giggling and asking her questions and saying they went farther and she noticed they were close to her house and she said "Sorry but I realized my mom needs help today with things so later." And ran off with her friends screaming good bye after her. She turned and said "Thanks for the CD!!! I'm sure Souta will love it!" before heading up the shrine steps and stopping at the tree and wasn't surprised to find Inuyasha sitting on a branch with his mouth gaped open along with a foot and arm dangling, and a loud snoring sound coming from him.
She giggled and kicked the tree lightly causing him to bolt up and say "Damn woman." Before climbing down and asking her "So how was the test?" She scowled at his sarcastic tone and said haughtly " I got a 92!" He stared blankly and yawned before asking "That some sort of purpose for celebration?" Kagomes temper flared and she said "SIT!" and Inuyasha fell face first into the ground cursing Kaede and his necklace. He loved the way it looked but that word made him despise it.
Kagome laughed inwardly as he sat up and said, "I guess it is. So you coming back tonight or in the morning?" She sighed and said "Tomorrow. My mom probably wants a big dinner since its pretty much my biggest test in high school so far and its my last year." Inuyasha huffed and said "Fine," before queitly asking "Can I stay to?"
Kagome stared at the softness in his voice and said, "I don't see the problem. Wanna watch a movie afterwards though?" Inuyasha sighed and said "Fine but can I pick it, cuz that last one was way too mushy?" She smirked and agreed just as Mrs. H appeared with some groceries and asked for their help. While Kagome helped her with the stuff in her hands and began telling her about her test, Inuyasha went to help Souta who had just gotten home from school with Mrs. H.
"Hey Inuyasha!" Souta said loudly. The hanyou smirked and said "Yo kid. Here's your thing back." Souta took it and asked "So have a good day?" Shaking his head Inuyasha picked up 5 bags and said, "Naw same old same old." Souta smiled and shut the car before walking up the shrine steps and telling Inuyasha about his day.
later
With the dishes done and dinner gone Kagome and Inuyasha began watching some action film on t.v. It wasn't bad but nothing compared to what they had gone through but it was apparently boring to Kagome as she had fallen asleep on Inuyashas shoulder. Grunting out of annoyance he decided that he'd better take her to bed and picked her up with her head still on his shoulder and took her to her room.
Once there he was about to put her on her bed and leave when she grabbed his head and turned it. He looked to see her eyes open but she was still sleeping and blushed a little before she pulled his lips to hers and kissed him.
Inuyasha froze instantly and it took a moment for him to at least return a small bit of the kiss and placed her under her covers and turned to leave to see Mrs. H staring at him with a smile and said "Follow me."

Converting /tmp/phpZcizDu to /dev/stdout