InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ West Under Winter Siege ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter Three: Heading West

Disclaimer: Rumiko Takahashi owns Inuyasha.

The soft purple light of twilight faded and dusk descended upon the feudal era. The sun’s first rays appeared over the horizon and warmed the cold earth. Warm, golden rays tickled the fuzzy whit e ears upon Inuyasha’s head and the crescent moon adorning Sesshoumaru’s brow.
Twin pairs of golden eyes snapped open and they jumped up, looking about the room. They whirled to face the doorway when they heard soft giggling. There in the doorway stood Kagome, sapphire eyes twinkling with mirth, sun framing her lithe, slender body, giving her an ethereal look.
She had taken to wearing kimonos in the feudal era, seeing as she no longer was attending school and so there was no need for her high school uniform. Although she usually wore miko garb, much like Kikyo’s, except with black hakama, today she wore a traditional kimono, and a beautiful one to boot. It was black silk, with silver sakura blossoms embroidered on the sleeves and hem. A silver threaded obi was tied securely around her slim waist. She stood there with a hand to her mouth, attempting to stifle the giggles that burst from her lips.
“You did it again, didn’t you?” Inuyasha asked, his tone annoyed. He scoffed, but she only giggled more. Sesshoumaru turned to Inuyasha, an eyebrow arched.
“Did what again, little brother?”
“Kags cast a soothing spell so that we wouldn’t wake before sun up.”
“Ah, I see.” He turned to face the Pure Heart Miko. “This Sesshoumaru would appreciate you to not continue this habit when you take up residence at my castle.”
“I don’t know, Sesshoumaru. I will if I feel I must. She giggled as she started breakfast. “Should‘ve seen the look on your faces. . .” After everyone had awakened and eaten breakfast, they changed into heavy clothing and said their farewells to Kaede.
They traveled in a comfortable silence, Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha side by side leading the group, Kagome and Shippo in the middle, Miroku and Sango bringing up the rear. As tie passed, they began to notice the dark, angry clouds covering the Western lands as they neared the border between East and West . Each of them sensed magic. They finally came into a clearing but were surprised as to what they saw.
It was lush green grass and trees but stopped at the center. From the middle of the clearing onward, it looked like Iceland. The members of the pack looked at each other uneasily. Sesshoumaru then announced that they would take to the skies. Sango, Miroku and Shippo hopped onto a fully transformed Kirara as Sesshoumaru beckoned Kagome and Inuyasha onto his Youkai cloud. Kagome put up a barrier around each group to protect them from the snow and wind as they rose into the sky.
Kagome’s barriers served their purpose, but the cold in the air seeped past her barriers and chilled them to their bones. Sango and the others fared well, seeing as Kirara was a fire Neko-Youkai. But Kagome couldn’t help but to shiver, she was cold!
Sesshoumaru saw this and silently draped his pelt, Mokomoko-sama, around her shoulders. He then proceeded to wrap her lower torso with his fluffy tail. The sapphire-eyed woman blushed but mumbled a thank you. Nodding silently, he gestured for his brother to come up behind her. Inuyasha did so and stood behind her, on her right, resting his chin on her shoulder. Sesshoumaru moved so that he took up the space to her left, and slipped her dainty hand into his. He heard her heart speed up and smiled internally, a smirk almost spreading on his lips when her small fingers closed around his.

XxxX

A/N: This is the most I’ll be writing for this fic. I started this about a year ago and have just recently found it. I’d love to finish it, but I’ve got a whole bunch of other fanfics to write, and I don’t think I could take this one on. I’m looking for another author who would be willing to finish this fic. I have a plot somewhat planned out, but you can go ahead and use your own ideas. Please contact me if you’re interested. My email is tsukaidate@yahoo.com.