InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What a Woman ❯ Burning Evil-In the World ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Follow instructions of chapter 9.

Chapter 10: Burning Evil-In the World

Normal POV

The sun was high and the group followed Sesshoumaru back to the western lands. Inuyasha sulked in the back; it had only taken him a couple hundred `sits' from Kagome to let them be led there. Kagome sighed as the warmth touched her face; Shippo lay on her shoulder, comfortably snuggled into her neck. Sesshoumaru glanced back and saw this, he hardly stifled his growl.

`Why do I keep doing that?'

He turned back around quickly, Jakken was at his side. This did not go unnoticed by Sango or Miroku however. Miroku gave a lerchous smirk and moved up between the two women.

"Hello ladies!"

Sango and Kagome smiled in greeting.

"Hello Miroku-san."

The two responded together before going back to talking. Miroku placed his hands on both of their lower backs. The girls thought it a friendly gesture so they continued to talk without paying much attention to him. Miroku smiled more and let his hands slip down their backs onto their butts. Both stiffened at the same time and growled.

"PERVERT!!!!!!!!"

Their screams shook the forest. They spun around with speed unimaginable and growled at Miroku. Miroku sweat dropped and took the chance to run. Sango unstrapped her boomerang and Kagome and Sango gave chance with war cries. They dashed into the woods following the monk.

"HELLLPPPP MMMEEEEE!!!"

*SLAP!!! SLAP!!! SLAP!!!! WHAM!!!! WHAM!!! WHAM!!!*

Then all went quiet. Sesshoumaru, Jakken, Inuyasha, Shippo, and Kirara stood still. There was a rustle in the bushes and the two women walked through them. Kagome was dragging Miroku over any rocks or roughage she could find. The group held an amused air as they continued on their way. Time went fast and Miroku was finally up again. In the distance the silence was unnerving all of a sudden. Kagome stopped in her tracks, lifting her nose to the air she sniffed and growled. The other demons' in the group could be heard letting loose a growl as well. It seems they had sensed the demon coming as well. Sango and Miroku readied themselves for a battle they knew was coming.

Kagome POV

I could sense a piece of the Shikon coming from the demon that was rushing at the group. The pieces that I had taken from Inuyasha glowed at my neck. The demon burst through the trees nearest me. I jumped back away from it and set Shippo into a tree. The others were already attack the demon. I noted though it would not die unless the shards it had were taken. There were about 4. One in each arm and leg, the brown bear demon was huge. It towered over the trees with ease and roared in anger as the other kept up their attack. It swiped a massive claw at Sango but she dodge with no problem. The same paw however ended up squishing Jakken. I rushed forward and sliced my claws over both arms as Sango attacked. I sped beneath it as it cried out in pain. Then with little trouble I cut through its legs as well. I collected the shards then Inuyasha slit its throat. The demon cried out in pain then landed on the ground heavily. I became dizzy….I didn't know what was going on. Then they came again. I could smell the death in the air, the tears. I could taste the malice, the hatred…the evil. They didn't deserve to live. The people who did this never should have lived.

Normal POV

Every whirled around as Kagome gave a scream. Sesshoumaru shot to her side and caught her before she hit the ground. Shippo watched feeling helpless. She convulsed violently. Her eyes were shut tightly and she choked on sobs. Tears fell freely from her eyes and Kagome gritted her teeth. Sesshoumaru cursed and ripped a piece of his sleeve off folding it over thickly he placed her on the ground and pried open her mouth, there was blood already there from the force of her biting down, her tongue was not bitten though. He stuffed part of the sleeve in her mouth and tied it around her head to hold it there. Kagome convulsed more and then stilled within Sesshoumaru's arms. Before her she saw a meadow filled with flowers and the sunlight warmed the area. A small waterfall was placed nearby on the area. A woman's laugher was heard and she chased two small children who giggled and dodged her. Then it faded.

`No! Uh…'

She threw back her head and released a muffled scream. In her mind she could see the people running. She could hear their heartbeats rapidly in their chests. She could see the bandits, stealing away their women, killing the males. Killing was done by the hundreds. Each fallen body was marked harshly on her heart.

`Oh kami….'

Kagome felt like she had to throw up. She had to get away from it. She shook her head and opened her eyes. Looking unto golden eyes tears again clouded her eyes and she threw her arms around his neck. The others watched worriedly as she cried her heart out.