InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Are You? ❯ Chapter Two: Problem and Solution ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Two
Problem and Solution
 
I wandered back to the Weaver's, looking over her shoulder as she went about silk-screening my new garments. It was a tedious process. But for what I was paying, it didn't seem right if it wasn't.
As “riveting” as silk-screening was, I walked away and back outside, staring up at the clouds. How long would this take? I was known to have infinite patience—eternity does that to you. But I was naked and didn't want to be cooped up in the house. I considered the days' events rationally for the first time, now that my walk back to the Weaver's had calmed me down a bit.
There was just no way I could see this working to my benefit, except… Well, there was always that chance of seducing Naraku and killing him during a sexual embrace. The idea repulsed me; I didn't like Naraku. He wasn't exactly my type… I would prefer being with a guy who wasn't afraid of me, and didn't have a problem with me dressing as a man I may be “gender-confused” but I still liked men. Maybe my father was right, and there was something horribly wrong with me. Nonsense. They were just narrow-minded and un-accepting. It was his loss, not mine.
I transformed into my true form, curling up in a ball. This was better. At least now I did not feel so exposed. I forced myself to think about what to do with Inuyasha knowing about the one real secret I had. The only thing that I could think to do was to kill him. Of course, I had been trying to do that for a while. For some stupid reason, I always felt inclined to go easy on the brat. One must go easy on children, after all. And when I looked at him, all I ever saw was an immature child, swinging around his sword wildly with no grace or even dignity to his attacks, the sheer size of it making him look even more childish. Most of my opponents at least had a sense of style. Inuyasha's “style” was to make wild, erratic movements like a diseased weasel. Not that I had ever observed a diseased weasel's movements.
He really shouldn't be a part of my family. I hated that we looked alike. Thank the gods that it didn't go past hair and eye color—and smell, but that was a given. Inuyasha smelled dirty. Had he ever washed that fire rat robe? That had been a gift from Father too. How I hated that brat… What had I ever done? Why was I the hated child? Why…? I pushed that worry away. I could sulk about that later.
I needed the solution, not the problem. True, this inspired me to do something underhanded to kill him, but I was not like… I wasn't Naraku. I was not going to use Machiavellian methods to dispose of the bastard child of my father. I was better than that. And I wasn't that desperate… Was I? No. I sighed, as best I could in this form. I convinced myself that nothing had changed. It hadn't, right? Inuyasha wasn't suddenly going to be all “you're a girl” and suddenly get weird when I attacked him, right? This is why I didn't want people to know. They always treated me differently if they found out. Most of them, I had disposed of though. The others, I had silenced.
I wondered if it would really make a difference to Inuyasha and his troupe though. I suppose what I mean is, would they make a big deal out of it? Something that could cause me trouble? I growled softly. It would be like him to do something to make my life more difficult. That's all he had done—since he was conceived. I growled again. A long while. Damn! If they breathed a single word of this, then I would end up being stalked by every damned male demon seeking higher social standing. And it takes time and energy I do not want to waste to just destroy them. I had to know if they were going to say anything. I rose, trying to decide what to do. The obvious thing to do would be to hunt them down and threaten them not to, but that would sort of defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?
What are you?
I ground my teeth. Shut up! Go away!I needed to think about this, not about that damned conversation that had happened centuries ago.
I sat down again, scrutinizing the trees. That filthy hanyou could ruin everything I had worked to create if he said one word… I wished there was a way I could know…
A thought suddenly occurred to me. What if… Instead of making demands and threatening, I were to simply ask? I was repulsed by the thought. Me, Sesshomaru-sama, ask something of a group of ningen and a hanyou? No. That would be immoral. Still, I just couldn't let them traipse around the countryside with that knowledge.
I hated that they knew. I thought I had hated Inuyasha before, but that was nothing compared to what I felt now. I had wanted to kill him before—now, I wanted to tear him to pieces. Some of my acidic saliva slipped from my mouth as I growled again, this time in frustration. There was a hiss as the unfortunate bit of earth it dropped to dissolved.
And, what about Naraku? He wanted to dispose of me as well. He had to know that he could use this information against me. They were both a direct threat, and all they had to do was open their mouths. I shot to my feet, eyes glowing red with anger. I needed a plan—fast.
Suddenly, everything clicked. I could kill Naraku, but he always got away. I could kill Inuyasha, except for the Tessuiga. And I realized something that I had to do. A temporary alliance with either party would result in the demise of the one I chose not to kill. I slipped back into my usual form, a smirk forming on my features. So, I was willing to do that. Neither of the two parties would see any ulterior motives.
Now, I just had to decide on one thing—which group would I kill?
 
*****
Author's Note:
I can't decide which group Sesshy should attack, and I have ideas for both, but either way, it's going to end in betrayal and Sesshomaru stabbing the “ally” in the back. So, Naraku or Inuyasha?