InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Matters the Most ❯ Spiders ( Chapter 25 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A\N: You know what, I’ve thought about it, and I decided it can’t be healthy to be the father of a half-demon.

You always end up dead.

Inuyasha’s father did, Jineji’s father did, Shiori’s father did... why do all of them have demon father’s anyway? Are female demons really that stuck up that they won’t mate with a human? >_<

Lol, anyway, I didn’t get any reviews last chapter cause I only gave people like five minutes to respond, so, and there’ll probably be another update later today. What can I say, I’m hyped up on writing! ^_^

Disclaimer - Just see all the other disclaimers. ~*~   Spiders

Inu Taisho was just coming to a close of his horrifying announcement when the door burst open and in came Takehiko, dragging a startled and vaguely embarrassed looking Rin behind her.

‘My lord.’ The healer said, ignoring the curious and vaguely scandalized looks she was receiving as she and Rin approached, pausing a few feet before him to give an out of place bow before the dog-yasha looked up at him, her blue eyes alight with something Inu Taisho could not name as she said ‘Rin has something to reveal to you that you may find of interest. Something about Naraku.’ ~*~  

Inu Taisho looked at the human girl and demon healer over his fingers.

After their rather sudden interruption he had quickly excused himself and his guests and moved to take the ningen and Inu with him to his study so that they may explain more thoroughly exactly what it was that was so important.

Now, after hearing their explanation, he wasn’t entirely certain he had heard right.

‘So’ he said calmly, knowing there had to be some greater purpose behind revealing this to him or else Takehiko would never have thought to interrupt him in the first place ‘You mean to tell me that your brother, Naraku, is hanyou?’

Rin cast a nervous glance at Takehiko before nodding slowly. Inu Taisho looked at her, his brow furrowed, and then turned toward Takehiko.

‘And you think this puts Inuyasha in even greater danger then if this monster was a full-fledged demon?’ He asked. Takehiko gave a nod similar to Rin’s, though with much more determination and authority behind it, and Inu Taisho gave a small lift of his shoulders in a motion that said she should explain herself as he asked, if for nothing more than Rin’s benefit, ‘Why?’

Takehiko frowned at him as though he were an imbecile and then said ‘Lord Inu Taisho, you know as well as I the power that half-demons possess. Because they are weaker they have to work harder to gain that power, but they also have stronger drives than full demons to do so, which, once they gain that power, makes them very formidable foes indeed. To say that a half-demon is weak just because of it’s blood status would say very little about the hanyou itself, but very much about the one who was speaking the words intelligence. Many of them grow to achieve at least an equal power to the mediocre level demons, and, as we have seen with Inuyasha, some even grow to become as strong as full-fledged Taiyoukai.’

She paused to take a breath, making a small gesture with her hand that was lost on the other’s in the room as she did so before continuing with her rant. ‘Since we both also know that half-demons are often exiled and hunted and treated as pariahs and it hardens them and makes them loose trust and faith in others. Inuyasha was mostly shielded from that fate living as your son, but Naraku may not have been. If he masquerades as a full demon and has the cruelness in him to commit such an act as that upon Inuyasha, the gods only know what else he is capable of!’ Inu Taisho looked grimly at the healer. She was right, after all. Inuyasha was, perhaps, not quite as strong as him or Sesshomaru (even though he probably had nearly the same amount of battle experience as them-- which was saying a lot considering their age differences), but he was certainly a forced to be reckoned with and the youkai and ningen who were foolish enough to underestimate him (and their numbers were great) usually ended up paying for it with their lives.

He considered this a moment, but it seemed Takehiko was not done, as she proceeded to open her mouth and continue with her seemingly never ending drone of words. ‘What’s more, a hanyou only has half demon blood in his veins and half-human, therefore a barrier to keep out either would be utterly and completely useless. We have nothing but brute strength to defend against him with, and that may not be enough, if he is truly as cunning as I believe. It would be easier to determine his status if I knew what half of a demon he was, then I might be able to figure out some of the ways his mind will work, what his weaknesses and strengths are and what elements he would do well against...’ She trailed off, which was probably a good thing, because if she had continued on much longer Inu Taisho may have been forced to physically silence her, if only to give himself a few moments of peace in which to think.

The two demons stared at each other, both gazes focused on the other’s eyes, but with their gazes really turned inward toward their own thoughts, which, for Inu Taisho, were whirling about in an undignified pell-mell fashion.

He was slightly surprised and rather thankful when Rin suddenly spoke off, cutting his hazardous thoughts off before they got even further out of control as she quietly, tentatively said ‘spider.’

The two inuyoukai looked at Rin, who seemed to be eyeing something on the ground with much consideration and distaste, and then the demons shared a look, both knowing full well (with much experience from Izayoi and some of the female servants) that humans had large qualms over such little things as insects-- spiders being near the very top of the list in that category.

‘Just step on it, Rin.’ Takehiko said quietly, and Rin gave a small start, and then looked up at Takehiko, her brow furrowing a moment in confusion and then her eyes widening in comprehension as she shook her head.

‘No, that’s not what I mean!’ She said in slight agitation, clearly thinking the two youkai to be imbeciles for not understanding immediately. ‘Kagura told me once that her mother-- who was Naraku’s as well-- had left her very few things in power or really physical appearance, but had given them both a small souvegnier to reveal exactly what they were. She showed me a mark-- like a horrible and old burn scar-- on her back in the shape of a spider-- one that I have seen an almost exact replica of on Naraku’s back as well. I never thought much of it... till now.’ She trailed off, her eyes focused once again on the floor.

Two sets of demon eyes stared silently at the ningen, and she tentatively looked up to meet them for a moment before looking down again, and silence swiftly filled the room for several long seconds before Takehiko made a small ‘Hm.’ Noise and looked back over at Inu Taisho. ‘This does present a problem.’

Inu Taisho cocked an eyebrow in question and the healer, clearly sensing he was not in the mood to wait and play guessing games or be told off, quickly moved to elaborate.

‘As I said before, hanyou gain lots of battle experience that most youkai never feel the obligation to earn themselves. They learn much about different opponents and their mind-sets from these battles. Now, since Naraku is a supposedly a spider demon, his own mind will already be very good at forming and creating complex strategies and traps. The fact that he has already fought Inuyasha to a point will only put Inuyasha in further danger. Not to mention the pups.’

Rin made a small noise of surprise as the words fell upon her ears, drawing the demon’s eyes toward her momentarily as she asked ‘You mean Inuyasha has children?’ Before she could stop herself.

Takehiko grimaced slightly and sighed. ‘No, Rin, he does not, necessarily, have children, but he may be expecting some.’ The healer said quietly, and Rin’s eyes widened comically, wondering who it was, exactly, that the young hanyou could have gotten pregnant and why she had never known about it.

However, before she could question further, Inu Taisho cut her off.

‘Speaking of which, Takehiko, do you know the current status of the pups? Have you confirmed their existence yet?’ He asked, and Takehiko frowned and shook her head. ‘I was on my way to do that when Rin here caught up with me.’

Inu Taisho gave a small nod, then said ‘I suggest you do so-- the sooner we can confirm their existence, the sooner we can prepare for their birth, and the sooner we can reveal this to Inuyasha.’

Rin’s eyes narrowed slightly in confusion. ‘You mean you haven’t told him he’s gonna be a father?’ She asked, her mouth once again flying off without her consent as the two demons offered her small glares.

‘The time has not been right yet, Rin.’ Takehiko said calmly enough, and Rin immediately flushed and looked down, knowing what Takehiko was talking about and feeling the shame that came with the topic.

‘Well what about the mother? Does she know?’ She asked after a moment, trying to draw the attention away from that subject. Silence greeted her question, and she tenetatively looked up to find both demon’s staring at her in a mix of shock, confusion, and then humour as Takehiko sighed and shook her head, offering Rin a small smile.

But, instead of explaining what was so strangely shocking and funny about her question, the healer just moved toward her, placing a withered hand on one of her shoulders and guiding her toward the door. ‘No Rin.’ She said, casting a small amused glance back at Inu Taisho. ‘No he does not.’ She said, closing the door and guiding Rin along before the human caught on to her tricky play of words. ~*~

Glossary

Inu no Taisho - Lord of the dogs (He’s Sesshomaru and Inuyasha’s father)

Yasha - Female demon

Ningen - Human

Inu - Dog

Hanyou - Half-demon

Taiyoukai - could be Daiyoukai, but either way it means something like Great demon.

Inuyoukai - Dog demon

Youkai - Demon ~*~

A\N: Okay, so I took out all the names without a meaning or sex (sorry but they won’t be added again) and the list doesn’t seem to have narrowed down that much. Anyway, maybe not next chapter, but in one of the future chapters I’m going to take off all the names that don’t have a vote for them (and please, don’t just go through an put a whole bunch of votes for names you suggested to keep them up there-- ya gotta work with me here people!) So far in the lead are Inuko, Tsukiko and Moriko, so we’ll see how long that goes for. ^_^

(The Ones with stars next to them are Reviewers picks so far-- Number of * equals number of votes)

Inuko - (Has to be at the top ^_^) Means Dog-Child, and could be for a boy or a girl - ****

Hikaru - Light: this is a boys name (I believe) but I suppose it could be used for a girl as well - **

Nanashi - I don’t know how much I like this name-- it sounds evil It means “Without name“ - Boy or Girl

Kenaku - Swordsman, obviously a males

Gina - Silvery (Think I picked this out because Inuyasha and Sesshomaru have silver hair ^_^) Female - **

Tsukiko - Female - means Moon Child - ****

Suzume - Sparrow - female (again, this one I just liked the sound of) - *

Yuki - male - snow or luck

Gininu - Another one I’m unsure of, but, according to a friend of mine who hasn’t turned out to be entirely reliable in the past, it means silver dog. Actually, it’s a little strange if you try and pronounce it out loud. The “Gin” I’m pretty sure is the same as from “Ginkotsu” which means silver bones andor silver skeleton. Something along those lines.

Moriko - Female - Forest child (Picked it out cause Inuyasha’s so fond of trees and all that ^_^) - ***

Hotaru - Firefly - Female - *

Katana - Female - (Yep this is an actual name, not just a word) it means Sword andor Blade - **

Aki - Autumn andor bright - It’s male and female - *

Akiko - Autumn child - This one’s just female (for reasons I do not know). Picked these 2 out because I like autumn. ^_^. It’s a tie between it and spring for best season. - *

Naomi - Female - Above all beauty (I always liked the name Naomi, so why not?) - *

Akira - Male - Intelligencebrightness - *

Amaya - Female - Night rain. A lot of people seem to use this name in their stories for some reason. It sounds kind of depressing if you know it’s meaning.

As well as ones given by the reviewers:

-Kyo - boy - large, approval, or ginger

-Tomiko - girl - child of wealth
-Yoshi - boy\girl - goodness, luck, free
-Shiro -boy - fourth son (but as a color, white)
-Yuri - Boy\Girl - Lily
-Keitaro - Boy - blessed
-Shiori - Boy\Girl - Poem/weave (I don’t think I’ll use this one seeing as how it already belongs to a character on Inuyasha)
-Yuiko - Girl - Bind\garment\child

-Shinsei - Boy - DivinityPureDignity

-Kiyoko - means pure, girl -

-Takara - means treasure - either

-Haruko - means spring - girl - *

-Ryuko - means dragon - girl

-Ryuji - see Ryuko - boy

-Izayoi - Female (Obviously) and didn’t we just have a big thing about her name a little while ago? Lol, I’m still unsure entirely what it means, but it’s something to do with the zodiac I think.

-Einujieru (boy)- Flourishing To Sew Time Graceful Flow
-Kurisu (boy)- Revered Air Reason
-Jizasu (boy)- Revered Time Sitting
-Jyaku (boy)- Air person
-Bureiku (boy)- Air Dancing Soul
-Buraian (boy)- Safe Thunder Dancer
-Raian (boy)- Safe Thunder
-Riku (boy)- Air Reason
-Aron (boy)- Wild Theory
-Arekusu (boy)- Revered Wild Air Spirit - *
-Jyurio (boy)- Confusious Reasoning King
-Biri (both)- Beautiful Reason
-Merisa (girl)- Eye Enticing Reason
-Sera (girl)- roughly Inclusive Avert
-Jyaeshika (girl)- Graceful Flower Scholar Person
-Eipuriru (girl)- Flourishing Flowing Wind Reason
-Jyunu (girl)- Confucious To Sew
-Jiru (girl)- Flowing Time
-Saimon (boy)- Will Enticing Question
-Shion (boy)- Graceful Scholar
-Kasurin (girl)- Revered Moral Flower
-Makusu (boy)- Revered True Air
-Kurisuten (girl)- Reason Heaven Revered Air

-Juri - Girl

-Hiro - Boy

-Maron - Girl

Chiaki - Boy

-Ruri - Girl

-Asato - Boy

And Aini Which means angel or heavenly figure (I think it’s a girl’s name)-- Take note: This name belongs to Ur-GaY-LoVeR’s cousin and is her property. You want to use it, you have to ask her.