InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What to Expect When You're Expecting ❯ What's in a Name ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi.  I do not profit from these fics.
 
What's in a Name by SunsetMiko [Drabble #74] - Dokuga_Contest on LiveJournal
 

Theme: stern
Genre: Humor
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Word Count: 300
Summary: Picking a name isn't easy.
Note: I love all the name suggestions I used here, all ones shot down by hubby, but after extensive discussion (read fighting) we have 2 girl names selected, so if we have a girl the next time around we're good to go.
 
“Cassandra?”
 
“No.”
 
“Willow?”
 
Sesshoumaru let out a derisive snort. “No.”
 
“Alexandra?”
 
“No.”
 
“Persephone?”
 
“Have you lost your mind?”
 
Kagome snarled impressively for a human and leveled a dangerous glare at her mate. “You know what? This isn't fair! You aren't even considering my suggestions. What's wrong with them, huh? I think they're all beautiful names!”
 
They'd been going through this for days now as she tried and failed miserably to find names that Sesshoumaru would agree to. They didn't even know if they were having a boy or a girl yet, but that didn't stop Kagome from spending hours reading name lists online. It only got worse when she brought home a book filled with nothing but baby names and more baby names along with their meanings. She was making him insane!
 
“Choosing a name is not something that can be done from a book,” he said sternly. It wasn't really that he didn't like the names she listed, more that she was just picking from lists without any real consideration. “A child's name defines who they are and helps to mold their personality. This is a matter which requires extensive thought.”
 
“Says the guy whose name means `killing perfection',” Kagome shot back angrily. “If your name molds who you are then your name made you an arrogant prick.”
 
“This Sesshoumaru's name is very fitting. Father chose well when naming me. I cannot say the same about his choice for Inuyasha.”
 
Though she tried to fight it, Kagome couldn't hold back a giggle. “Yeah, not the most creative name there is. Fine, if you don't like any of my suggestions why don't you make some?”
 
Sesshoumaru studied his mate with a lifted brow. This was the first time she'd even asked what he might like. “I have a few ideas...”