InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What to Expect When You're Expecting ❯ Timetable ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi.  I do not profit from these fics.
 
Timetable by SunsetMiko [Drabble #72] - Dokuga_Contest on LiveJournal
 
Theme: rant
Genre: Humor
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Word Count: 300
Summary: Kagome learns something new about pregnancy.
Note: I remember when I was pregnant for the first time finding out the same info that has Kagome so upset. Just one of those why don't they just call it like it is things that frustrates the hell out of me.
 
 
 
“How was your day?” Sesshoumaru asked, though the look on her face quickly made him regret the question.
 
“Oh, just lovely. I threw up five times before lunch, not that I'd eaten anything. I called around for suggestions for an obstetrician. Then I did some reading about pregnancy online, trying to figure out what my due date will be.”
 
“Did you?” he asked with a raised brow. She couldn't be this upset about morning sickness and a few phone calls.
 
“Yeah, you know what I found out? Everyone says nine months, pregnancy lasts nine months. Hell, even movie titles include that. So how long would you imagine a pregnancy really lasts?” she asked, never pausing to let him answer before continuing. “I figured, well, gee, nine months. Guess what? No!”
 
“No?” He was trying very hard not to smirk as Kagome continued her frustrated rant. If she caught him with a smirk on his face she would surely kill him with the mood she was in.
 
“Nope. A pregnancy lasts 40 weeks, ten months! It's not fair! It's like false advertising or something. All this time I've been led to believe this would take nine months but no, of course not, it has to take ten. Granted, the first two weeks you aren't really pregnant. The two weeks from your last period to actual conception are included in the count, but still… it sucks!”
 
“Terribly,” he replied. He wasn't sure how he was going to survive her mood swings and hormonal changes. She was this upset over what boiled down to two weeks?
 
There was one thing he knew for sure. He was not going to be the one to tell her that if she was a demoness she would only be pregnant for two months. She'd surely kill him.