InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Will Happen, Will Happen ❯ The Morning After ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any characters in this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, everyone, excluding Shippo, slept in late, which was understandable from the events that had occurred the previous night. Shippo had been collecting small berries to pass the time, wondering why everyone was still sleeping on a beautiful day like this. Meanwhile, Sango was stirring in her sleep, and soon awoke with Kagome still sleeping on her shoulder.

'Euh…why is the sun so bright? What time is it? Why isn't anyone awake?' wondered Sango as she started to wake up, 'Inuyasha is usually up way before everyone…Why is Kagome on my shoulder? I want to get up!! Oh! Wait, they had another fight last night! When, oh when, will they admit their real feelings, instead of fighting like this? They sure would make a cute couple! Ok don't interfere, Sango!! God, Kagome wake up!! Hey where's Shippo? Oh…he's probably around…there's Inuyasha…he looks sad…and there's Miroku, he sure is adorable when he's sleeping, unlike when he's awake and groping me! Well…I guess it's not that bad…at least I know he likes me…I wish it were more though…what am I saying?! Oh, life sure is complicated! I think Kagome is finally waking up!

"*hic*…Sango?" Kagome said sleepily.

"Yes Kagome?" replied Sango, "are you feeling alright?"

"I'm…okay…*hic*…I suppose…*hic*" replied Kagome sadly.

"Oh Kagome…" sympathized Sango, "please…it's okay, you shouldn't get so upset over this…"

"What am I supposed to do? Celebrate?!" snapped Kagome, "…you just don't understand…*hic*…"

"Why don't I talk to him for you?" offered Sango.

"No!" answered Kagome, "this is my battle…besides…I…"

"It's okay." Reassured Sango, "it'll be alright"

"…Sango…I…*hic*…" whispered Kagome, "I…I love him…"

"...Oh!" managed Sango, kind of shocked she had admitted it, but giving her a hug, "He…oh…well…you…euh…"

Kagome and Sango hugged, while Kagome kept crying, louder and louder. All the noise woke up Miroku. He stretched and looked around, a confused look on his face, probably from not finding Sango around.

'Where am I? Oh right…the forest. I wonder if Kagome and Inuyasha made up yet.' Miroku thought looking around, only to notice that Inuyasha was still sleeping and that Kagome was still crying and hugging Sango, 'Wow, Inuyasha really hurt her last night….but he'll never apologize, what if Kagome goes back home? We need her! I better talk to Inuyasha about this…I just hope he listens.' Miroku then got up and walked to Sango and Kagome, 'God I hope Kagome doesn't bite my head off again…' thought Miroku, 'Don't worry Miroku, you can handle this! Besides I just can't stay away from Sango another second!' Miroku then smiled, as he arrived to where Kagome and Sango were sitting.

"Ah Kagome, Sango!" Miroku exclaimed, "Are you guys feeling this morning?"

"What?!" Answered Kagome, looking at him like he was insane, "How do I look this…*hic*…morning?!"

"Hehe…" Sango laughed nervously, interrupting Kagome, trying to avoid another outburst, "Don't mind her, Houshi-Sama, we're both fine."

"Glad to hear it!" said Miroku, sliding towards Sango, a perverted grin on his face, "Sango-Chan, could I talk with you alone for a moment?"

"Euh…sure" replied, Sango, blushing slightly.

Sango and Miroku walked away from Kagome, to an isolated spot near the edge of the forest. After Miroku looked around to make sure no one could hear them, he turned to face Sango.

"What is it?" asked Sango, nervously, "What's troubling you, Houshi-Sama?"

"It's Kagome…" said Miroku, "and Inuyasha"

"Oh" replied Sango, slightly disappointed, "exactly what worries you?"|

"It's gone to far, and Inuyasha won't apologize, and by the looks of it, Kagome won't forgive him as easily as she has done in the past" replied Miroku, "I'm afraid she'll go back"

"She won't go back!" said Sango, confidently.

"How can you be so sure?" curiously asked Miroku.

"Euh…I…" stuttered Sango, "She's just won't, okay?!"

'Oh god, I can't tell him Kagome loves Inuyasha! Why did I have to open my big mouth?!"' thought Sango, 'lets hope he doesn't pursue this…'

"Okay…" said Miroku, somewhat confused, "But surely we can still try to help?"

"Well…" Said Sango, "Maybe you could try talking to Inuyasha…"

"Anything for you" said Miroku, smiling and groping Sango.

*slap*

"Hentai…" Sango muttered as she walked away.

Miroku stayed there a few minutes, 'these slaps are so worth it if I can grope her!' he thought, as he walked away smiling, 'besides, I think I'm developing an immunity to them'

Meanwhile, Shippo had come back and was jumping around; the noise he was making woke Inuyasha up. Inuyasha got up, picked up Shippo by the tail and tossed him in the bushes, yelling at him.

"HEY!" yelled Shippo, walking out of the bushes, covered in twigs, "Kagome! Aren't you gonna do something?!"

"Humph!" puffed Kagome, "Come here Shippo, don't pay any attention to that arrogant jerk!"

"Yay!" yelled Shippo, excited, sticking out his tongue at Inuyasha.

Kagome opened her arms, welcoming Shippo with a hug.

"Humph!" Kagome muttered, "Stupid Inuyasha, hurting you like that!"

"It's okay, Kagome, I'm okay!" cutely said Shippo, "Is something wrong? I bet it Inuyasha! Want me to kick him for you?"

"Oh Shippo" Kagome attempted to laugh, "It's nothing for you to worry about"

"Okay!" he exclaimed happily, spotting Kirara "Kirara!"

Shippo bounced off to play with Kirara, just as Sango got back from her talk with Miroku. Sango couldn't help but dread her return to Kagome, 'god I hope she doesn't cry again' thought Sango.

"Hey! Kagome!" said Sango.

"Hey…" replied Kagome, "want to come with me for a bath?"

"Sure" Sango agreed, glad she hadn't cried "lets go!"