InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When dimensions collide ❯ Prologue

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Sesshomaru *looks to the hot demon chained to the bed and sighs* nor do I own anyone else out of Inu and Co…

<::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

"Jaken, I am not to be disturbed."

"Hai my lord! This Jaken will make sure of it!"

Sesshomaru watched as the annoying toad youkai exited the bathhouse. After he was gone, the demon lord shed his armor and clothing, and stepped into his personal hot springs. After the day's stressful events, Sesshomaru welcomed the relaxing warmth from the hot springs.

`Inuyasha has defeated me every time I have tried to take the Tetsusaiga from him, yet, I am not disappointed. Perhaps, I do not truly desire the Tetsusaiga. But if not the sword, what do I want?'

<::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

While the demon lord struggles to learn his own desires, another struggle occurs in a world not far from his own.

<*****************>

"Your life will be mine!"

`Does he seriously think that I'll allow him to win?' She laughed at the thought of the barbarian winning against her. Mira had fought many barbarians, for many reasons, but this one was even more audacious than all of them. He had tried to make her his slave and then stolen the necklace her mother had given to her. He would not survive this fight.

"I don't think so!" Mira yelled at him before she slammed her knee into his stomach and then brought her elbow down hard into his spine when he hunched over from the first blow.

The barbarian fell to the ground but was up again in seconds. `Might take a little more than I thought.' Then, stupidly, the barbarian attempted to throw her to the ground but when he went to grab Mire she turned her armor-clad shoulder toward him. He was forced to stop his assault, lest the sharp fin-like blades that decorated Mira's armor impale him.

She laughed. "You are not worth my time, you fool!"

"You will be mine wench!"

"Think again!" Mira focused her attack spell on his aura and let him have it.

When the barbarian saw Mira's eyes begin to glow, he froze in fear just before he felt the attack surround him. Then all went black for him. "I thought the Denann were gone…" He choked out his last words and fell to the ground.

A bone-chilling smile crept onto Mira's face. `So many believe we are gone…oh how wrong they are.' She walked to the corpse to retrieve her necklace but the odd feel the air around the body had taken caught her attention. It felt like a gentle breeze wrapping itself around the area. She stepped closer, cautiously, reaching down and taking back her necklace, she felt the wind wrap around her.

Before Mira knew what was happening, she was falling. When she stopped, Mira opened her eyes, looking down to see why she was wet. `Water? What is going on?'

<*****************>

A/N: Ha Ha! Cliffhanger! *Sweatdrops* Sorry, I had writer's block. Ch 1 should be up soon though. Thnx to my betas! I love you buddies! Also, no thanx to my muse….grrrr…

Rue: You can't do anything without me….why do you say such mean things to your muse?

Yume: I can too! Okay…no I can't….grrrr…stupid muse!