InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When I have lost my temper ❯ Never ending problems ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

When I have lost my temper

~*~

Wrote by Onimusha

~*~

A/N…I don't own Inu and comp. But I do own any other persons and this poem. Its mine.

~*~

****

Ch 1 Consequences of anger

*

When I have lost my temper, I have lost my reason too.

I am never proud of anything which angrily I do.

*

`You baka…you stupid half breed baka. What the hell were you thinking!! ?' I screamed to my self.

`That's just it!' retorted a small voice. You weren't thinking with all that anger in you. Then you just had to do….THAT. You should feel lucky that she didn't blast you with her Miko power.

I know…I know. She didn't even `sit' me. Not once. She just didn't do a thing except say she was gong home. Feh, let go home. See if I care. Damn it, all she did was look at me with those gray/blue eyes of hers.' Inuyasha's head bent down and his ears drooped as he thought to himself.

*

When I have talked in anger and my cheeks are flaming red, I always utter something in which I wish I hadn't said. In anger I have never done a kindly deed or wise.

*

"Inuyasha!! You jerk!! What did you do to her? Why do I smell her blood?"Shippou yelled up into the God tree to me. Before the I could to anything, Shippou was in his face.

"Answer me damn it!! What. Did. You. Do. To. Her.?" He growled out, through gritted teeth.

I didn't say anything as my ears drooped down with shame and stared at my hands. Or more exactly, my claws.

"*GASP*…You didn't…You didn't do what…*gasp*…You did!! You did THAT didn't you?" A startled Kitsune stuttered, eyes wide open, as he looked down to my claws.

And there, upon them, though not quite visible to the eyes of a normal being, was not only Kagomes blood scent, but tiny flecks of blood as well.

"How could you Inuyasha. After all we've been through. What she's been through to help you!! Damn you. Kikyou's dead. Get it through your stupid head. You better do something Inuyasha, or I'm going to haunt you for the rest of you immortal life." He emphasized his point by poking into Inuyashas chest.

Once done with the yelling, Shippou jumped out of the tree to run back to the village to tell the others of what happen between Inuyasha and Kagome.

*

But many things for which I felt I should apologize. In looking back across my life I've made or lost, I can't recall a single time fury ever paid.

*

***Flashback***

It was mid-afternoon in Sengoku Jidai and everyone was enjoying the day in their own way.

Sango, Shippou and Kiria were running around playing a new game Kagome introduced to them called `tag.' Miroku sat outside the hut, watching them play or more importantly, watching Sango.

Kagome and Keade were inside. The old miko was showing Kagome how to make her own rosary incase she would ever have need for it.

And as for myself, I'm just sitting in a nearby tree watching over everything. Ever alert are my ears to the possibility of any dangers that might be lurking around. Yep… it's a good day.

The, all of a sudden, a breeze swept pass my nose. There was a scent of earth and clay on it. `Damn it all.' Inuyasha though as he jumped from his perch in the tree and ran off in the direction the scent was coming from.

What he didn't see was Kagome coming out of the hut at the same time he came out of the tree. Curiosity got the better of her when she saw him leave with out saying anything to anyone. So, she followed from a distance.

He finally stopped in a small clearing not to far from the village. Kagome concealed herself down wind in some bushes. He just stood there. She didn't know why.

"I know you're out there, show yourself." Inuyasha calls out, looking around.

`Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit…I'm dead meat. He's going to be so mad about me following him.' Kagomes mind was screaming a mile a minuet as to how to get out of this situation.

"Oh well… there's just no way out. He'll just run me down if I take off…stupid me…I should have just stayed at the hut. Might as well face the music.' She thought to herself.

But, just as she was about to make herself known, someone else emerged into the clearing.

`Kikyou.' Kagomes breathed. `Why does she have to haunt him so? Can't she just rest in peace?'

Kikyou slowly made her way to Inuyasha. She stopped just barley a foot away from him. They stared at each other a few moments. She then gently brought her hand to cup his cheek. Inuyasha just stood there. Kikyou stole a sideways glance to where she knew Kagome was hiding at and smiled, smug like. Kagome didn't like that smug smile.

She couldn't hear what Kikyou was saying to him. Inuyasha said something back to her while putting his hand on her that was on his cheek. Her smile disappeared, replaced by a scowl instead. She said something back to him. Then silence.

When it looked like they finally stooped speaking, Kikyou leaned up and kissed Inuyashas lips.

`It was a quick kiss and it looked like Inuyasha didn't respond to it at all. I wonder why.' Kagome thought to herself. `I thought he loved her.'

But then he embraced her in a fierce hug. `Humph, I thought so.' Small tears were falling down her cheek as their hug continued on. Wiping them away as best she could, she got up and said to herself, "I think I'm going to go home now. For good I think. My heart has finally been torn in half and I can't take it anymore here. I truly hope you find your happiness with her Inuyasha. Good-bye."

Just as she was about to get up, Shippou jumped into her lap.

"Kagome, thank Kami-sama I found you…"He said hurriedly. "Quick, we need to Inuyasha. There's a demon attacking the village. Sango and Miroku have already been knocked out of the battle. Come on we need to hurry." But she stood rooted to the spot Shippou kept pulling and tugging, but she didn't move.

"Kagome…what's wrong? We need to hurry up." He cried, still trying to tug her along.

She looked down into his liquid filled eyes and nodded.

"Your right lets good." She turned around and ran into the clearing.

"Inuyasha," Kagome yelled, running to him. He looked down at her in a daze.

"Kikyou, Inuyasha and I don't have time for this right now. Our friends need our help. There's a demon attacking the village." Kagome grabbed onto his hand, dragging him away.

Once she saw Kikyou fly away with her soul-catching youkai, she stopped and glared at him.

"Oh for Kami sakes!!! Can't you ever stand up to her!?" She hissed, face contorted in anger. "Oh never mind. Let's go."

As Kikyou was flying away towards the village, she looked down on to the pair, as they ran.

"That heart rightfully belongs to me. Damn her. She was able to steal his weak heart in a short amount of time. I'LL KILL HER FOR THIS!!" Kikyou seethed.

***

Keade was having a very hard time battling the Ogre type demon. She sensed the shard in its body coming, but, she still wasn't fast enough to prepare for battle, like Kaome is.

Her body is old and tired. Her miko powers aren't as they once were thirty years ago. She can tell by the way her arrows did little damage on the demons body. But, unfortunately, she is the only one capable of defending the village until Inuyasha and Kagome come back.

Unable to properly prepare for battle when shards involved, Miroku and Sango were knocked out early from the battle just as it started leaving Keade to fight alone.

A few moments later, the pair emerged from the forest, only to see an extremely tired Keade down on her knees and a very ugly looking Ogre looking demon towering over her, gloating.

Kikyou arrived just before Inuyasha and Kagome did, but she chose to do nothing to help her younger sister as she watched the two of them battle the demon till it was over.

Once the shard was safely in Kagomes hand, she helped bring the unconscious forms of Sango and Miroku into the hut. Keade watched of them with a wet rag while Shippou went to get some medical herbs so Keade can fix their injuries. What the two of them didn't see, was what happened outside when Kagome left.

When Kagome was done covering the pair with a blanket each, she intended to continue her conversation with Inuyasha about the undead miko.

Kagome stepped out of the hut, only to stop in her tracks at what she seeing. This time, however, she was able to hear what was being said.

"Come with me my darling Inuyasha. Come, follow into Hell so that we may be together forever." Kikyou placed her hands onto his shoulders as the gate way to Hell opened up.

"Inuyasha, NO, you don't have to do this." Kagome screamed.

"I'm sorry, but I owe her this much. Please go." Inuyasha said in a slight daze.

"Nani!! No…you can't be serious. You want to die for someone who has already been dead for fifty years?"

"Kagome, I said go…Now!!"

She wasn't about to let her companion/secret love die like this with out a fight.

"No, Inuyasha, I will not let you die like this," She yelled back to him

"Life is too precious to throw away on something as this."

Kikyou just glared at her. "Look little girl, I don't think you know the first thing about life." She then placed a hand on to his cheek.

"Come along darling." She cooed at him.

"Life?" Kagome said, chuckling a little. "You don't think I know anything about life. Humph, I know more about it then you could ever know…"She said, eyes narrowing.

Kagome stopped what she was about to say next. Then she looked Kikyou straight into her eyes, so that they were locked in a heated gaze. She relaxed a bit, then spoke in an even toned voice.

"I take back my soul from thee.." She began to say as she placed her hand on to her heart.

"I shall become whole once more, forever more." A faint pinkish glow started to grow around Kagome, her hair swirling as she yelled out the last part, "I take back what was stolen from me and give back what you have stolen from others!"

All of Kikyous souls then came bursting out from her chest into the sky. A small portion hit Kagome, sending her backwards to the ground.

Kikyou stumbled slightly as Kagome stood up again. Kagome continued.

"You did not live your life Kikyou. You say you may know more about death then me, fine, but I am the one who knows more about life. Be at peace now Kikyou."

Kikyou staggered again and then all that was left was a pile of earth and bones.

"She didn't be long among the living anymore." She murmured.

"No," Inuyasha whispered, "No…What have you done wench?"

"Wench!! What do you mean `What have I done.' I think I just saved your life. That's what I did." Kagomes blood was starting to heat up. She couldn't believe he's acting like this.

"I didn't ask for your help wench. She was my obligation, not your!" He hissed out at her.

"Inuyasha, Onegai, understand. I know she was once your love, but you both died. Claims and responsibilities were all lost when I awoke you. No obligations to no one. And then that witch rose her from the grave, but she was never alive. She had to consume the souls of others to be as she was. Undead."

"Feh, I would have been able to do it myself when I killed Naraku. But no…you had to butt your nose in this." He retorted

Kagome stood there shocked.

`Why can't he see? Why is he being so stubborn? Does he really think his life means that little to him?' She thought to herself.

"Damn it Inuyasha. She's dead get it. D-E-A-D!! She's been dead for fifty years. That clay figure was not the lover you once knew. Why can't you see that?" She cried out loud to him. Then whispered, "Why can't you see that I love you also?"

His ears perked up on her whisper, but his anger wasn't allowing it to sink in yet.

"Damn you wench," He bellowed, "Stay the hell away from me, got it!?" He was so blinded by his rage, he didn't realize what he was doing until he couldn't stop his hand from striking her cheek.

Kagome stumbled back a few steps. She was so shocked, she was having a problem forming words. Her mouth opened and closed, but nothing came out. Then the stinging sensation on her cheek started. She squeezed her eyes closed to hold back the tears forming as she brought her hand up to touch her cheek. She pulled her hand away, opening her eyes. Blood. A lot of it too, she can feel it dripping down her chin and some of it in her eye.

Inuyasha, for the most part, was having the same speech problem.

`Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit' was repeated over and over in his head. "What have I done?" He whispered to himself. He looked at his clawed hand, then back at her shocked face.

There were three clean cut slashes on her cheek. The fourth was just above her left eye. They weren't deep enough for stitches, but just enough to bleed a lot. His ears drooped in sham, but they kept eye contact with each other.

"Ka-Kagome…I-I…I'm sorry. I didn't…" He finally stumbled out.

Kagome shook her head.

"I think I need to go home now."

She turned and headed down that familiar dirt path that led to the well, all the while still shaking her head as if still trying to comprehend what had just happened.

Inuyasha didn't know what to do. He just stood there staring at the hand that had struck the cheek of the only person who accepted him as who he was. Then, realization of her words sunk into his head. `Why can't you see that I love you also?' He gasped and took off to his forest, to his tree to think.

Once he settled himself on his branch, he kept repeating her words over in his head.

`Could it be that she may love me as much as I love her?'

**End of Flashback**

A/N…ACK!!! How could this be…Inuyasha actually hitting Kagome!? Oh man….The crapper defiantly it the fan here and sprayed it everywhere. Let me know what you think. PLEASE R/R