InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ White As Snow ❯ Icy Blue Eyes ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Six: Icy Blue Eyes

Sesshomaru stood there; shell shocked about what he came upon. Kagome's body was covered in deep cuts and dried blood. Her clothes were torn to shreds and barely covered her body. The parts of her body that didn't have any blood on it were black and blue from bruising. Kagome's face was just as bad as her body. Both her eyes were swollen shut, her nose crooked and broken, and her lip busted open. Her wrist and ankles were raw from being bond. She had leaves partially covering her from being in that one stop for so long.

As if the sight wasn't bad enough, the smell from the scene is what had Sessomaru's control slipping like sand through his fingers. Kagome's blood and fear were still potent in the air. So much so that it nearly choked Sesshomaru every time he breathed in. Naraku's scent was also still present although faith. As he walked closer to Kagome he could smell Naraku's excitement and arousal still on her body. It made Sesshomaru want to wretch in the bushes but he would never allow himself to do that. `What happened? Why hadn't she of gone home like I told her too?'

Sesshomaru's thoughts were interrupted by two small children screaming and crying. The rest of the group have finally caught up with Sesshomaru and were presented at the same sight as him. Sango and Miroku held the hysteric children back from running to Kagome. Both of them had the look of shock on their faces and neither stopped the ears from falling from their eyes. Inuyasha dropped to his knees new to the two adults, dug his claws into the ground, and sobbed. In his head he asked himself the same question over and over again: `How could I leave her?'

Sesshomaru finally got enough of a hold on his control to turn around and snarl at the two adults with the children, “Get them out of her!” Sango and Miroku didn't want to leave but they knew they had to get the children away from this grisly sight. The children fought them saying that they didn't want to leave Kagome but the adults managed to drag them out of the forest and towards Keade's village.

The taiyoukai then turned towards his brother. On the inside, Sesshomaru wanted to let his youkai take over and tear the hanyou limb from limb. But instead he put on his practiced calm voice and said, “Inuyasha, got to the village and start preparing for the miko's burial.” Without a word, Inuyasha got up and slowly made his way back to the village, leaving behind the body of the woman he had sworn to protect.

Once Inuyasha was gone, Sesshomaru bent down and carefully picked up Kagome's body. He didn't want to be too rough with her for the fear that she would just fall apart. He wanted to clean her up before he brought her back to the village. His feet carried him to a nearby stream where he could wash all the blood and dirt off the miko.

Sesshomaru walked into the stream, not caring that his clothes were getting wet. The only thing on his mind was the girl in his arms. He stopped right in the middle of the brook where the water reached his waist. He gentle cut way the rest of the fabric on her body and watched as they lazily flowed down with the current. More and more thoughts kept rearing their ugly heads in his mind. `I should've made sure she made it to the well. I should've known the hanyou would abandon her.'

As Sesshomaru's thoughts distracted him, he never noticed how the water inched up Kagome's body like a snake climbing a tree. The water feeling each and every cut that littered the poor girl's figure, glowing as she slowly began to heal. Kagome's heart beat slowly started to grow within her and her face went back to how it normally is without all the bruises and cuts.

Kagome's eyes slowly started to flutter open to look at the face of the taiyoukai that was holding her. She noticed that his stoic mask wasn't on at the moment and he looked very deep in thought. She slowly brought up her hand to lightly brush against his cheek.

Sesshomaru almost jumped right out of his skin at her touch. He had been too wrapped up in his own head to notice her disappearing cuts and her increasing heart rate. He thought that she was dead and that there was not bringing her back. But now here he was, looking into her icy blue eyes with her hand on his face.