InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Who Else Can Travel Through The Well? ❯ Chapter 5: The Wolf Clan ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: The Wolf Clan
Kouga took off right away. She thought she had heard someone calling Kouga, telling him to slow down but her priority was to his speed. She tightened her grip on him. It's faster than riding a motorcycle. She didn't mind the speed but didn't want to fall or bump her leg. She pushed her hair out of her face as soon as he slowed down. She looked to see a huge waterfall.
“Oh, my gosh…” Her eyes widened as he was jumping up the rocks and seemed like he was about to go through the waterfall. “What the hell are you doing?” she yelled over the noise of the waterfall. She saw him wince and felt a little guilty. Just a little.
“I'm taking you to my home,” he said with `duh' tone in between making her take back her regret from a moment ago. Then he jumped to another rock and slipped into a cave hidden behind the waterfall.
“It's huge,” she whispered. She let her hair cover her face as everyone looked at her hearing what she had said. Shy huh? Sooo much for first impressions. Kouga thought smirking.
“She's our guest. No eating her or fighting. Do NOT let her be walking around for the next three days or you will answer to me,” he threatened everyone. He took her deeper into the cave with everyone staring at them. Even with her human hearing, she could hear their whispers. `What's Kouga doing with another human?' `She doesn't have a mate mark.' `She's pure. Scent tells all of it.' `Good enough to eat.' One replied to that, `In more than one way.' They all started laughing while her face was burning. She tightened her hold on him that he could feel her nails in his skin enough to make him slightly wince. He could also smell the nervousness, anger, and embarrassment rolling off her waves by waves. He held her closer to ease it and she looked up startled. He had to duck a little though to push a fur curtain aside and move into a built in room.
Many wolves that were lying around stood up happily at his entrance. He laid her on a pile of fur rugs. Kouga backed up and the wolves gathered around her, some growling and some just looking at her curiously. She slowly stuck out her two arms so they could sniff her scent and then stayed very still except for her even breathing. The wolves slowly approached her and sniffed at her hands. Sensing that she was a friend and not any type of danger, they started to lick her. She laughed and tried to lightly push some of them away.
“S-stop,” she giggled. “That tickles!” They continued, some coming to sit by her head to lick her face.
“Cease,” Kouga said gently but commandingly. Everybody looked at him and he shifted uncomfortably. “You must be hungry, I suppose?” Lorelei was confused at his politeness but figured it was because the wolves liked her and she was injured making her weak...or he wanted to impress Kagome. She nodded.
“If you give me my bag, I should be good to go,” she said nodding to the pack thrown over his shoulder. The wolf on her right moved and he plopped the bag next to her and then he sat next to the bag. He watched as she pulled out a plastic shaped bottle full of water, an apple, and a pre-made turkey sandwich. She finished the sandwich quickly and first. She stuffed the bag into her book bag before guzzling down the water in one drink. She put the battle in her bag as well. As she started to munch on the apple, she realized Kouga had been staring at her the whole time. “What?”
“Never seen a woman eat so quickly,” he said observing her.
She scoffed at him. “Not all women watch their weight or are anorexic.” At his puzzled look she explained, “Anorexic means to basically starve yourself.”
“People actually starve themselves? Willingly?”
“Yes. I'm not going to go into details or tell you the whole `story' because 1) I don't want to and 2) it would take a while.”
“O…kay?” he said confused.
“Fine,” she said yawning.
“You should sleep,” he said standing abruptly. She looked up startled before nodding.
“Where are you going?” she asked. He stopped at the entrance before looking back smirking.
“Don't worry I'll be back.” She rolled her eyes at his cockiness. “I do have a clan to run however.” When he was on the opposite side, he could hear her talking, not just the words.
“Um, this may be embarrassing, but, please, could the guys turn around?” The male wolves all turned around and lay back down. She unzippered her skirt and pulled it out from underneath but slowly and carefully slipped shorts on. She took off her shirt and bra before putting on an XXL tee-shirt on over it. She lay down and didn't even need a fur over her because all of the wolves and their pups surrounded her and their tails acted as a blanket actually over her. She fell asleep quickly though slightly uncomfortable cause of her leg.
Kouga waited at the entrance of his cave for Ginta and Hakkaku to finally catch up. He backed up slightly when they jumped in panting. They sniffed smelling a new and female scent in the cave. They looked quizzically at Kouga.
“Kagome asked me to take care of her friend. She can't walk for three days so make sure she doesn't. I'm going to sleep now and I advise you do the same.” He turned and walked back to the built-in room which is actually his. He was surprised to see her lying on her right side, to prevent injury to her wound, already asleep. More so, that she was changed and the wolves were surrounding her as guards. The ones behind her moved away, causing her to shiver, so that he could slide in.
He lay behind her and pulled her closer feeling her shiver. He fell asleep pretty closely.