InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Who Else Can Travel Through The Well? ❯ Chapter 4: Injured On the Job and I Have To Do What?!?! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: Injured On The Job and I Have To Do What??!!??
(This is the same time of day about two or three days later)
“Let's continue,” Daniel said once everyone had finished eating.
“I agree,” Lorelei voiced standing up with her backpack on. They started when Kagome sensed a shard. They fought something that looked like a giant mutated fish. (They were near a stream, alright?!) “That was easy,” Lor said thinking out loud.
“A little too easy,” Miroku said. Then they were attacked by this huge-ass bear monster that also had a Shikon shard. Kagome shot an arrow at it, but as it was falling down, it swiped a claw at Lorelei who wasn't able to move away in time. Everybody within a 200-mile radius could hear her blood-curdling scream as her bone disconnected. Inuyasha killed it with Wind Scar and Kagome purified the shard, before everyone rushed over to her.
“What now?” Kagome said a little pissed and stressed after she had sensed Kouga's shards. (She's right next to Lorelei, ready to heal her) He stood in front of her and went to grab her hands, but stopped when he was they were glowing pink from her miko powers.
“What the hell happened here?” Kouga asked confused.
“Help here,” Lorelei growled. “If you don't pop the bone back into place now, it's going to fix itself and it doesn't usually go back in the right way!”
“This is going to hurt,” Sango warned. Lor grabbed Daniel's hands and bit her lip as Sango pushed the bone back. During the process, one or two tears fell on their own free will but she held the others at bay. Kagome used her miko powers to heal any broken blood vessels and part of the skin, though you could still see the bone when she finished.
“That's as good as it's going to get,” Kagome said rummaging through her backpack for the first aid. “But you're going to have to stay off of it.” She started bandaging her leg.
“It's okay. I'll stay with Kaede. I could help her.”
“No, you can't move. And Inuyasha wouldn't let us go all the way back there for nothing, no matter how many times I si- him,” she said glancing up at him. Then everybody, except Lorelei, in the group looked at Kouga. He took a step back and started to shake his head.
“No way! I hate the bitch and it's apparent that she hates me too.” Lauren's eyes widened in shock at bitch but nobody was paying attention.
“Please,” Kagome begged, eyes wide and pouty-lipped. Kouga looked like he was trying to say no but his resistance fell at Kagome.
“All right,” he muttered picking her up bridal style. She winced and Kagome saw it.
“Listen! On your way there, try not to jostle her leg, it'll only make it worst. Make sure she gets lots of bed rest and doesn't stand on it for at least 72 hours.”
“3 days? 3 days! Are you fucking kidding me?” Lorelei said hanging onto Kouga because she didn't trust him completely and had the slight suspicion that he'd drop her if he wanted to.
“No, stay off of it for at least 3 days or it'll get worst and you'll have to hang out with Kouga longer,” she pointed out. That shut Lorelei up. She turned and looked at the bear's corpse.
“Stupid bear ruined everything,” she said to herself pouting.