InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Who Said it Was Easy? ❯ Of the Legendary Yelling Wars ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter I

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha. So there.

"KAGOME! You've gotten us lost again!" InuYasha complained to his female partner, who was covered with dirt and grime... But somehow, she was still the most beautiful creature that he ever walked next to... But he could never tell her that, now could he?...

"I've done nothing of the sort, InuYasha! You see where you're standing?! IN THE FRONT! Meaning I'm following you, and YOU have gotten us lost!" Kagome yelled back, equally angry and frustrated, but much more tired. It showed well.

They had gotten separated from their group weeks ago, having been in a large battle against Naraku and Sesshomaru. Everyone was fighting everyone else and all Kagome could remember... was a huge explosion... And InuYasha grasping her hand, calling her name... And when she woke up, she was in his arms. And he was crying... But every time she tried to ask him why he was, he would grow increasingly nervous and irritable and change the subject. Always by doing something like this. By yelling at her. He was always yelling! She hated to hear him yell! But that was all he did to her! It was so unfair!

"I DID?! Kagome, you stupid girl, you're such an idiot! I didn't do anything to get us lost! Don't fucking try to blame me, because I didn't do a damn thing!" She was always blaming him for his faults. She was always talking, and she wouldn't shut up. It was always over nothing, too. `InuYasha, what's wrong?' `InuYasha, are you angry at me?' `InuYasha, don't you ignore me!' `InuYasha I think we need to sleep.' `InuYasha, I don't feel well.' `InuYasha, I'm scared.' `InuYasha, I had a nightmare, will you stay with...me...?' `InuYasha, InuYasha, InuYashaInuYashaInuYasha' "INUYASHA!" He jumped. "InuYasha, if you're not going to pay attention to me, then fine!! I don't care! I might as well go off on my own!" InuYasha grew rigid at the idea, "You stupid wench! It's nearly nightfall! There're demons..." She turned around, "That's always your excuse! `There're demons'! Why don't you think up something original?!" What a stupid wench! She didn't know anything!

They could tear her apart!

"InuYasha…" Kagome told him in a sickly sweet voice, that always made him wish to cower… His ears dropped a few degrees, but Kagome was sharp enough to catch that. She'd learn to read him like a book, even if she didn't understand him at times… "SIT DOWN!" And, as expected, he fell face first into the ground.

Since the moment was so opportune, she grabbed her arrows and her bow and slung her bag over her shoulder. She was fuming… She wanted to say something more, to insult him, but she couldn't find the words to do it with.

Or the heart…

How could he pull it off so easily…? All she could get out was `idiot' or… or… She didn't know… She shook her head sadly as if to brush the thoughts off, spoke, "Goodbye, InuYasha. I'm going home." She hopped upon her bike and began pedaling towards the direction of the well… Or what she thought was the direction of the well… Being lost kind of has that effect, doesn't it?

As soon as he could stand, he raced over to her as she pedaled away from him as fast as her legs could and grabbed her around her waist. `What is he doing...?!' InuYasha lifted her up and walked a ways over to a spot shrouded in bushes and trees. `What the hell is her problem?! Why do I always have to babysit her?!'

He sat Kagome down rather roughly and sat down as well. He grabbed various tree branches within his reach, being too tired to get up and search for the best quality ones and started a fire. Kagome crossed her arms furiously, her pride having been very broken. InuYasha leaned back... It was obvious it was going to be cold tonight... And Kagome's school girl outfit wasn't that overbearing... He eyed her... He was still angry, but his affection for her overweighed it... But nearly didn't overweigh his ego... He put his hands behind his head and leaned back against a tree... He continued to watch her discreetly...

He could already see her begin to shiver... Her breath came out in little clouds... He sighed... Fuck it, who cares? He took his red haori off and handed it to Kagome, not really looking at her while he did so...

Kagome turned a light shade of pink from his obvious concern for her, not because she didn't feel well... But she didn't feel too well either, anyway... Since earlier that day... And arguing wasn't helping her headache either.

"Thank you, InuYasha... kun..." She muttered and brought it around herself. He wasn't such a bad guy, after all... Just a little hard headed and egotistical... Sometimes that was a little hard to get around...

He could feel the blush rise in his cheeks, so he turned away... She only called him kun when she was really sincere about something. "Get some sleep, all right?" He didn't mean to sound snappy, but that was the way it came out... Kagome sighed, lying down on the ground... She missed her bed, but what could she do? At least she had InuYasha to watch her... A small smile she didn't really predict crept across her face and she fell into a feverish sleep.

A/N: Hey, look, revised copy! Yaaaay! Let's hope it saves, eh? :: consider consider :: Yes, let us hope. Chow peoples!