InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Why?! ❯ Suicide ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Suicide
Chapter 4
Kagome ran back to her house and threw open the door screaming, “Mom, call 911!!! I think Souta is dead!!” Kagome yelled out loud.
 
Mrs. Higurashi started running down. “What? What do you mean you think Souta is dead?! Souta came home last night and told me he was going to sleep in his car tonight! Mrs. Higurashi reasoned.
“When I got there, he...he wasn't moving and there was a pipe in the car seat next to him! It smelt like gas so I checked his pulse points, but there was no heartbeat!” Kagome cried out, sobbing.
“Oh no!” Kagome's mother said as tears suddenly tracked down her cheeks. She quickly ran to the phone and dialed 911. It took the police and emergency people about fifteen minutes to get there, and both Kagome and her mother were overwhelmed with shock.
Once everything calmed down and all the paramedics left, an officer came in and told what it looked like happened from their point of view.
“I'm terribly sorry for your loss, but it looks like he committed suicide m'am. It seems that he took a pipe; apparently leaking of Carbon Dioxide placed it on the seat next to him. It looks like he died while he was asleep. If it makes you feel any better, know that he went peacefully,” the officer said.
“How can you say that he went peacefully?! He committed suicide!” Mrs. Higurashi cried out in anguish. Time passed, and Kagome's mother calmed down.
Kagome went to her room to think; while her mother apologized and thanked the officer.
`I can't believe it…he's gone. He's really gone. My older brother is dead; gone, passed away...NO! It's not supposed to be this way! What went wrong? Why did he do this? Why did he leave me?? Why did he leave us?' Kagome thought mournfully.