InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Why Do Fools Fall In Love? ❯ Party Preparations ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 15 Party Preparations
 
 
Kagome opened tired eyes, stretched out like a cat and yawned. She was content to just lie like that all day. However she knew she couldn't. There were things, too many things that needed to be done today.
 
Kagome counted in her head all the things that'd she'd have to get to. Then thought better of it and sat up to reach into her nightstand and pull out a sheet of paper and pen. She was going to need to write some of these things down, because everyone knows she wouldn't be able to remember all of this later on… might as well get a fresh start.
 
Things I need to do today:
 
Pick up dry cleaning.
Do homework
Call the ice sculpture palace and have them deliver the 8 ft. naked woman to Inuyasha's address.
 
Kagome rolled her eyes at that one. It was one thing for her to volunteer to help out Inuyasha for this big party he's having but she didn't know it was going to be this big. Kagome smiled to herself when she thought back to that conversation.
 
~
 
Kagome sat down next to Inuyasha on his loveseat with a notebook and pen.
 
She chewed on the end of the pen deep in thought before finally asking the question she was dreading.
 
“How many people are you inviting again?” Kagome asked nervously already regretting her early promise to help out with decorations.
 
Inuyasha lazily leaned back and closed his eyes to conjure up a picture of what his party might look like. “There will probably be at the least 900 guests.” Inuyasha said off handedly.
 
Kagome blanched. “Well if this is such a big event then why don't you hire people to do all this decorating stuff for you?”
 
Inuyasha gave her a deadpan look. “Because this party is too big to let other people decided how it should be done for me. I already know exactly what I want.”
 
Kagome groaned. She knew exactly what he wanted too and calling this event extravagant was an understatement.
 
Inuyasha looked over at her with an odd expression. “Keh, you don't have to cry about it you know, if you don't wanna help then just say so.”
 
Kagome stiffened and got defensive. “I'm not crying!” she squealed. “And I said I was going to help so I'm going to help!”
 
Inuyasha smirked; it wasn't hard to get her riled up. Reverse psychology always worked on her; maybe he'd keep that in mind for later on.
 
~
 
Kagome stopped daydreaming about what tonight's party was going to be like when her mom came into her room to let her know her friends were waiting downstairs for her.
 
`Thank god for friends who can drive' Kagome thought as she scrambled down the stairs.
 
“Hey guys!” She greeted enthusiastically when she noticed Inuyasha had joined them. She wouldn't get embarrassed about Inuyasha being there… besides it's not like it should matter because it's not as if she likes him or anything. Though she couldn't help but wonder why her heart stopped when she seen him standing there at the bottom of the stairs with everyone.
 
Then she noticed everyone's jaw drop.
 
“Hey Ka…” Inuyasha stopped as he let his eyes drop down to Kagome's exposed legs.
 
“What are you all looking at?” Kagome accused Miroku, Sango, Inuyasha and her mom. Kagome caught a chill down south and her face turned bright red.
 
“Ok well, I must have forgotten… to put on some pants!” She shouted completely embarrassed then ran like the wind back upstairs.
 
Upstairs in her room she could hear them laughing as she put on some jeans.
 
~
 
“Ah, never a dull moment when Kags is around,” Miroku chuckled on the way to the store.
 
“Will drop it lecher,” Kagome's throat was starting to get sore from defending herself the whole day. She knew her friends would never let her live that down… the bastards!
 
Kagome looked over at Inuyasha, who was the one carting everyone around and briefly wondered why he had been so uncharacteristically quiet that day. She'd attempted to get him to open up and she wanted him to be excited about his big night. But so far he'd just been… calm and distant.
 
“Inuyasha… is everything alright.” Kagome asked quietly.
 
Inuyasha started when she said something then looked at a loss for words, until he finally said. “Keh, why wouldn't everything be alright?”
 
“Well you just don't seem to be yourself today.” Kagome guessed. She decided he was probably just tired from all their running and to let it be.