InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Will It Be Too Late ❯ Tape One ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters nor did I create any of it, all of that belongs to the one and only RUMIKO TAKAHASHI. The book, “Thirteen Reasons Why,” by Jay Asher, inspired me to write this particular fanfic, so the plot of this story goes all towards him.
________________________________________

Chapter 2: Tape One

Shocked by what he has read, he opens the package and sees that there are thirteen tapes in his possession. Closing it, he slips it into his backpack and heads off to home. ‘What does she have planned?’ Sesshomaru thought…


Sesshomaru walked to his car in the school’s student parking lot. Opening the car door of the driver’s side, he tosses his backpack in the passenger seat while seating down. ‘I wonder why she gave me this package.’ Starting his car, he goes home.

Arriving at his destination, Sesshomaru walks into the door and goes towards his room. He lives only with his dad and younger brother Inuyasha. He and Inuyasha are not on speaking terms much, and his dad is always working, rarely at home. His mother passed away from Leukemia when he was just seven years old.

As he steps into his bedroom, he tosses his backpack onto the bed and changes into a shirt and sweatpants, to become more comfortable. When he was set, he sits onto his bed opening his backpack to retrieve the parcel Kagome had snuck into his locker. Opening up said package he pours out its contents. ‘Why would she give me tapes,’ he asks himself. As Sesshomaru studies each tape, he sees that they are labeled in order and are to be listened to on a different day. Feeling anxious he takes the first tape that is labeled ‘Day 1,’ and places it into a cassette tape player. ‘Inuyasha is not here, so I do not have to worry about him bothering me,’ he thought as he laid on his bed and slips on his headphones. Pressing play, he hears a voice he has not heard in years.

“Hi Sesshomaru, it has been years since we have spoken. Well, we are not really speaking; you are just listening to me. I feel this is a better way for me to tell you a few things before I leave. In each of these tapes tells a different story within my life. In a couple, you might remember those times in the past and most you might not even have known. I beg of you to only listen to each tape on a different day the way it is labeled. There are only thirteen tapes, hence you read one each day. The reason why I give this to you is because you are the only one who was my friend long ago back then, and there is no other whom I can tell of my plan. So here’s the first small story.”

“Ever since my father had passed away, my mom started distancing herself from the rest of the family. She went to drugs and alcohol to sort out her depression of the loss of my father. She stopped speaking to us as if I and my little brother didn’t exist, and neglected us as if we were nothing but a burden to her. Every night she would come home smelling of smoke and liquor. When I am asleep in my room she would always awake me to verbal abuse me saying it was my entire fault that my father has left this world and said it should have been I that got hit by that car and not him. If it were not for my grandfather to come and stop her from her constant yelling at me, I would have run away that long time ago. If I have a mother that would not ever look at me, but only accuse me of taking my father’s life then what was the point in staying there.
When my mother actually stopped the yelling, I would always lock myself into my room and cry myself to sleep and wonder why I could have a mother who would neglect me so. It isn’t a very nice feeling. My grandpa would always try to reassure me that she still loves me, and she will still come around, but deep down I can feel that if she could, she would trade in my life for her lost husbands. I died inside once she yelled at me for killing my father. To keep my grandfather from being concerned I always wore a fake smile, but deep inside I was screaming for help to really understand what was going on. To understand why I am one of the unfortunate children to have a mother who neglects her own, or accuse them for every little problem that is their own fault. Every child yearns for a mother’s love.

Then one day I met you, and you slowly made my life a little better. Both of us could relate, and that’s what made us a great friendship.

If it were not for you and my grandfather, I would have left long ago.

The tape had finished and Sesshomaru remembered back then that they did relate each other lives, even if it was in a different situation. Kagome had lost her father to death, and her mother neglected not only her but her little brother as well. It was said that drugs and liquor became her children. Where Sesshomaru’s father was always working, and leaving him and his hateful brother alone. His mother also died when he was young, and he loved his mother dearly. His mom left the world of the living because she did not have the will to live, for when she was lying in her death bed she found out his father cheated on her many times, hence Inuyasha.

It was very rough in both Kagome and Sesshomaru’s childhood. But Kagome was not as strong as Sesshomaru.

“I never knew I had made such a change in her life long ago.” Sesshomaru said to himself as he began to do some homework. “Her voice seemed so sad and strained, maybe I should pay her a visit?” he questions himself while he glances out the window. Quickly squishing that thought he turns back to his school work, “I am popular now and I cannot be seen with her. I don’t even know why I kept the packaged and listened to it in the first place.”
________________________________________

There in her plain room, Kagome was lying in her bed thinking. ‘Only twelve more days to go, then I can finally leave this angry world.’

“I bet he threw out that package I gave to him.”
________________________________________

A/N: Well there you go another chapter. I will try to post at least one or two chapters each week, depending on if I have any midterms/exams coming up/ thank you to all the readers who reviewed, and I hope you continue to read.

The way I have this story coming together, it might seem a little confusing, but you will understand once it ends.