InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Hearts ❯ Remains and Revenge ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
*Disclaimer: Not mine!!!*

A/N: Just wanted you to know that it has been a few years since IY and Kagome met the first time. Therefore, Rin will not be in here, I will have it explained in this chapter. Oh and Sesshy has both arms too…



******

Sesshoumaru was patrolling his lands when the sudden smell of blood was everywhere. ‘What has happened? Who dares to trespass?’ What he came upon made his normally emotionless face cringe. There in front of him were the remains of Inuyasha’s comrades. He could smell Naraku’s presence everywhere. ‘How could I have not noticed this before? He must have covered this area with a barrier to prevent interference.’

Walking through the corpses of human and youkai, he did not sense Inuyasha or his mate Kagome. ‘At least they may have escaped, but their loss was great.’ Sesshoumaru knew he would have to send someone out here to properly dispose of these bodies, such a disgusting display of death would not be permitted on his lands. Continuing to walk through the snowy forest another assault hit his senses. One of a human, but still held the essence of that hanyou Inuyasha. Calmly he walked next to the semi-devoured body, and inwardly gasped at the display in front of him. The hanyou was human, and he was dead. Testugia, his father’s blade was clutched in his now deceased brother’s hand. ‘Damn you Naraku! He was mine to kill! I will not spare you for this insult on my lands and between my family.’

Carefully Sesshoumaru wrapped Testugia into a piece of cloth laying on the ground, it was then he noticed the bloodied piece of fabric smelled like Inuyasha’s mate. Perhaps his brother had died protecting the weak human, perhaps her body would not be far off frozen in death, if the scene in front of him was any indication as to the events that had come to pass.

He followed the scent of her blood, knew that by the way her footsteps took she had been running in pure fear. Sesshoumaru could almost smell it still. Blood was laying on the snow in small drops, she was injured, but the scent of Naraku was no where near where he was tracking her to. ’I wonder if that bastard let her live? Perhaps he thought she was not worth his time and left her to die alone.’ A small hollowed out tree was seen in the distance. ’There. Yet wait. There is no smell of death here, just the smell of salt, jasmine and blood.’ Sesshoumaru stopped in front of the hollow tree, leaning down far enough to see the young miko curled up into a ball, freezing and bleeding from her wounds. The salty scent coming from her body was identified as tears.

“So miko, Naraku did spare you. My question is why?” He knew she would not answer his questions, she was undoubtedly unconscious from her wounds, inside and out. ‘I will find out what use you were to him miko, besides what kind of brother would I be to let Inuyasha’s mate die?’ He stared intently at the new broken bundle in his arms, it was then he noticed she bored no mark of property, and had nothing but a pure scent upon her battered skin. ‘She was never his mate? All those years, and my stupid brother never took her for himself? Foolish hanyou, you deserved to die if you were so stupid not to feel her powers, and even…beauty?’

Sesshoumaru shook his head at those thoughts, he must be getting soft after all those years with Rin. Many noticed his newfound weakness and Sesshoumaru had to send Rin away, he found a family and paid them handsomely for the care of her. He occasionally visited to see how she was doing, to make sure she was happy. Although he never let his presence known, she was safe and that was all that mattered. Now it seemed as though another human life was in his hands, yet she was no mere girl, this was a miko. One that had stood up to him in battles, and one that his brother had lost his life to protect. ‘What to do with her? What use can she be to me?’ Shaking his head free of the newly fallen snowflakes he felt the miko stir in his arms.

“I..Inuyasha?” She immediately passed back out after seeing amber eyes and silver hair.

Sesshoumaru smiled dangerously at the miko and her word. ‘I am not Inuyasha miko. Yet I will be in your dreams soon enough. I feel I have found use for you, something that allows me to replace what was taken from me by Naraku. Something that I can take my need for revenge out on.’ Tossing her injured body over his shoulder, Sesshoumaru took off into the snowy night towards his home, the grin never leaving his face as he decided all the terrible and pleasurable things he would do to this miko in return for the loss of killing his brother.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry so short. Sesshy seems soooo evil so far in this… warning, dark fic, angst, rape, violent language, abuse and lemons will be in this story. Yet do not fear, I have a feeling although things seem really bad, Sesshy’s icy heart may be melted eventually.