InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Witches ❯ Inu-Yasha Cooks ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 1
(Inu-Yasha Cooks)




Inu-Yasha sat in the middle of a berry patch, carefully stripping the berries from the branches. He wasn't really concerned about cutting himself on the thorns , but they stung none the less. As he reached into a thick tangle of branches, he stabbed himself in the wrist with a rather long thorn. He yanked back his arm cursing softly to himself and licked the trickle of blood from his wrist. Growling softly he stared at the square of white cloth in his lap. Lowering his arm, he shook his head at his action.
Picking berries like a whelp, because that wench likes them, he grumbled to himself, as he tied the corners of the cloth together.
He stood with the bundle hanging from his claws. He leapt from tree to tree at an inhuman speed. Inu-Yasha returned to the camp he shared with Kagome. He sensitive ears twitched as he listened to the sounds of Kagome sleeping. He smiled as he moved about the camp preparing what Kagome called instant oatmeal . He had learned a lot about cooking from watching her when she thought he wasn't looking.
He sat on his heels in front of Kagome and listened to her sleep while the oatmeal thickened in the pot. He held the sleeve of his fire cat haor i , reached over and gently caressed her face. He had done this many times before in the past, but he only attempted it when she slept as deeply as she was now. He smiled when she made a small cooing sound almost like a dove. If Kagome ever found out he did this she'd probably Osuwari him. He brushed a few stray strands of hair from her face and straightened the collar of her uniform top to lay flat.
Oh, gods. Kagome you're so beautiful. I love you, to the deepest depths of my soul. But you could never really love me I'm a lowly hanyou, he sighed and moved away from her before he acted like a baka and kissed her.
The distance between them did not stop breathing her scent. If he sat too close to her for too long a fire caught in his loins. At these times he found it difficult to control his instinct to make her his no matter whose present company they were in. When the oatmeal was nearly finished, Kagome sat up and rubbed her eyes sleepily. When she saw that he had cooked breakfast nearly finished, she stared at him in shock.
I-Inu-Yasha are you feeling okay? she asked quietly.
Yeah. I feel fine. Why? he said looking over his shoulder at her.
You've never cooked before, she said, staring at him like he was sporting another head.
Keh, you were asleep and I was hungry, he said turning back to the pot.
She blinked at him owlishly before crawling out of her sleeping bag. Still slightly stunned Kagome rolled up her sleeping bag before putting it away. Inu-Yasha ladled out two bowls of oatmeal and sprinkled a handful of berries atop of each. He sat one bowl an arms length away from him. A couple of minutes later, Kagome flopped down beside him and scooped up the bowl.
Mmm, fresh berries! she squealed in delight. Inu-Yasha smiled behind the lip of his bowl. He watched as Kagome eagerly devoured the breakfast he had prepared. Glowing warmly at here approval he ate his share. After they had finished eating kagome went to the stream to clean the dirty dishes which he thought was only fair since he had done the cooking.