InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With One Wish ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Kikyo, what are you doing here?” Inuyasha asked. Kikyo smiled at him, and reached out to stroke his cheek.


“I came to see you of course,” She said quietly. Inuyasha leaned into her touch, wrapping his fingers around hers, knowing that those fingers would never be warm like Kagome’s.


“Right, so you know that Naraku has been destroyed,” Inuyasha said. Kikyo nodded, letting her hand drop from his face to return to her side.


“Yes, my reincarnation destroyed him. I had felt that power of hers surging in the air, she’s exceeded even my own abilities,” She replied in a cold voice.


“It doesn’t matter, because Naraku’s gone now so you’re safe,” Inuyasha said. Kikyo smiled faintly, and sighed.


“Yes, and now you can come with me to hell,” She said. Inuyasha looked at her, and reached for her hands.


“No, not yet, we still need to fix the sacred jewel and destroy it,” Inuyasha replied. Kikyo laughed callously and pulled away from him.


“Do you still intend to use it to become a full demon?”


“I haven’t decided,” He told her. He spoke the truth, because he didn’t know what he wanted. He had seen the destruction his full demon form had caused and he worried that if he wished to become a full demon, would that mean he would lose his feelings and friendships with the people that mattered most. He knew also there was something else he could wish for, but he didn’t know yet what would happen if he wished for it.

“You will still come to hell with me, no matter right? It was an unbreakable promise,” Kikyo told him. Inuyasha looked up at the sky and closed his eyes.


“Yes, if it comes to that. But I want to wait until the jewel is destroyed,” He replied. Kikyo nodded and leaned forward to give him a kiss. Inuyasha let her, and wished that her lips were warm with life, instead of the cold of death.


“I will come again, and the next time we will depart from this world” She pulled away from him and disappeared into the woods, the scent of death and graveside soil lingering in her wake.


Inuyasha looked back to the sky, and let out a deep sigh. Why had he ever made such a promise, and why did Kikyo want so badly for him to die with her? Why didn’t she want him to live on and be happy?




When he came back to Kaede’s hut, Kouga had left and Miroku and Shippo were the only two left sitting on the porch. Inuyasha hated the looks that he received; those glares betrayed his friend’s disapproval.


“How is Kikyo?” Miroku asked his voice somber. Inuyasha shook his head and stood before them.


“Fine, where are Kagome and Sango?” He asked, bypassing Miroku’s interrogation.


“Sango is inside with Kohaku and Kagome went on a walk with Kaede,” Shippo replied. Inuyasha nodded, keeping quiet.


“Kouga asked Kagome to be his mate,” Miroku said, he watched Inuyasha for a reaction, but didn’t get one.


“Of course, the mangy wolf’s to stupid to realize she doesn’t love him,” Inuyasha scoffed. Shippo let a wicked smile curl his lips.


“Kouga kissed her too,” Shippo told him. Inuyasha’s ears twitched and his eyes snapped toward Shippo, the intense color like molten gold.


“Did he now?” He growled. Shippo nodded, and Miroku chuckled.


“She looked a little flushed afterward,” Miroku added casually. Inuyasha clenched his fists and turned to storm off.


“Where are you going Inuyasha?” Shippo asked.


“To find that damn Kagome and demand to know why she let him kiss her!” He bellowed. Shippo and Miroku jumped up and chased after him, regretting ever mentioning the little event.