InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Within The Attic ❯ THE END ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Sesshomaru stood there, annoyed. His brother had to deal with this on his own, without telling him. In all honesty he knew exactly what was going on. His father had told him the story long before Inu Yasha was born. He had moved here to try and solve it in the first place, but is idiot brother did things a little faster than he did. So now here her was, laying unconscious for three days now.
He sat there starring at his idiot half brother, waiting for him to wake up. His smell changed, telling the demon that he was completely healed now, but was stubborn. The bastard refused to wake. Maybe it was out of fear that kagome was truly dead. Maybe it was out of fear that she never really existed. No mater what it was it was annoying Sesshomaru to no end. He did not raise his brother to be so week to have him brought to his knees because of some girl.
Now that he thought about it, his brother was lucky. If kagome wouldn't have repelled him so far away from her in the attic he would be dead right now. Lady Kagome purified the imposter, showing that she was not Kikyo. The monk wasn't effected one but, but the hanyou was touched by the powers slightly, causing him a great internal wound. The idiot was fine now though, his body healed itself perfectly.
“OWW” a growl escaped the lips of the no longer unconscious half-bread.
“Well come back little brother.” Sesshomaru said monotone like.
Opening his eyes slightly, Inu Yasha glanced at Sesshomaru. He didn't look pissed so whatever he wanted couldn't be that bad, but then again you usually can't tell with Sesshomaru. That's when it hit him. Everything that happened. Sitting straight up Inu Yasha's eyes widened with worry. “Where's kagome? What happened to her?”
Sesshomaru said nothing, just starred at his little brother.
Inu Yasha growled and leapt from the couch. “Where is she?”
“Don't you think you should ask about your friend the monk? You two have been friends much longer. He should be more important.”
“Where is she” he growled dangerously, preparing his fighting stance.
“Where is who?” a girls voice broke threw.
Inu Yasha turned at the familiar voice. “kagome?”
The girl giggled. “I supposed I am.”
“Supposed?” Inu Yasha sat back down on the couch confused.
“She is Kagome little brother, born into a different body. She was reincarnated to stop the imposter from wandering this world.”
“But you have all of your memories from your former life” Inu Yasha didn't understand. He had never heard of that happening before.
“I do remember, but I remember everything from this life as well. It isn't as confusing as it may see.”
There was a small pause.
“Did you do as I requested lady kagome?”
“Huh? Oh yes, I did” she handed a manila folder to her Sesshomaru.
He opened it only to take out its contents. Looking threw the papers and signed a few times, only to put that back in. Handing it to kagome he turned back to Inu Yasha.
“Thank you lord Sesshomaru” she bowed slightly, leaving the house.
“Um, what was that?” Inu Yasha pointed toward where kagome was standing.
“Lady Yukari needed a guardian, and to have her name changed.” He stood and headed for the stairs.
“Kagome's real name is Yukari?” Inu Yasha whispered to himself.
“You are mistaken little brother. Her name is now kagome and she will be staying with us. Father would have had it no other way.”
Inu Yasha sat there, starring at the floor. Everything was so strange to him, but that was to be expected.
So now the girl of his dreams was to live in the same house as him? Inu Yasha's eyes lit up with the realization of what that meant. He'd have to do something nice for Sesshomaru.
 
Sesshomaru stood in his room starring at the swords his father passed down to him and his brother. Still in their cases, Sesshomaru had moved then to his room while he was researching the mystery of the house. It took him this long to figure it out, but once he did it was the greatest thing his father could have done.
Looking at his brother's sword, which could kill a hundred demons in one sweep, he looked at the hilt. There, is all its glory was the sacred jewel, placed in a sword that a demon can not touch, in penalty of death; or a badly burned hand.
The sacred jewel was safe.