InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Can't Change Who I Am ❯ Prologue

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
<sigh > I have started so many fanfics... I really need to finish at least one... But the ideas keep coming for new fics! And I think they're good ideas! I can't let them go to waste!

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.
will also be some OOC in here too. It just goes with the story line...

Prolouge
young woman stared at the rather large field, full of crops. Crops that she herself and what was left of her village planted. It wasn't as much as it was before the attack, but it was enough to keep them living.
village men were out on the field, tending to the crops. Most of the women were watching the children, or making dinner, or mending clothes. Everyone had their jobs, even the children, though not as much as the others. Her job was to help protect them. Protect this village that her father had protecting before her, that her family has always protected.
felt a presence coming up behind her, but she knew the cheerful aura. So she simply waited.
Ane! Ane!" The young woman turned around just in time, and caught her little sister. The two laughed together as the older sister swung the younger one around. After a few moments of the cheerful laughed that passer-bys stopped to smile at, the young girl was put down. "Ane!" she said happily. "Mommy said that you need to start your rounds!" The older sister smiled warmly down at her loving sister.
Kaede," she said in a cheerful voice. "Is Kikyo-ane already out?"
Kaede giggled. "Kikyo-ane is helping with dinner! Mommy said that she already finished!"
I will start now," she stated. "I'll be back home soon, Imohto. Run along now."
Ane!" The cheerful little girl ran off again, running towards a hut that was larger than the rest.
young woman took one last look over the field, and then walked away towards one of the small huts. She walked in and a woman turned quickly to look at her. "Kagome-sama! Arigato! My little girl is doing great! She is just resting at the moment."
is good. I just need to check on her," the young woman now known as Kagome stepped toward the small futon near the fire. "Narumi?" she called gently. The child stirred and opened her eyes. Kagome was greeted with a huge smile.
she cheered as she hugged the young woman. "You helped me get all better!"
but you helped to," Kagome said, smiling gently.
did I help, Kagome-sama?" Narumi asked, blinking brown eyes at the young woman.
your strength helped me, too."
Narumi cheered. "I helped Kagome-sama, Mommy! Did you hear? Did you? I helped Kagome-sama!"
Narumi," the woman replied to her young daugther. "I heard." The woman smiled thankfully at Kagome before turning to the fire to finish dinner for her husband.
Narumi," Kagome began. "Do you feel all better?"
the child replied cheerfully.
Let me just check a few things. Is that okay with you, Narumi?" Kagome asked. The child nodded quickly. Kagome put her hand to the young girl's forehead and waited a moment. Then she pressed her fingers on the girl's wrist. Finally she pressed her ear to the girl's chest. She stood up and smiled brightly done at Narumi. "All done!"
the mother called. "Why don't you go meet father on the path?"
Mommy!" The little girl skipped out the door.
she going to stay like this?" the mother asked worriedly.
fine," Kagome replied with a reassuring smile. "She has a slight fever, but other than that, she's fine. Her breathing and pulse are normal. A day or two of relaxation and she'll be good as new."
arigato, Kagome-sama. Your herbal medicines healed my baby girl. However will I repay you?"
is no need for pay," Kagome said with a smile while heading for the door. "Just take care of her. She is a bright young girl."
I will," the mother said as Kagome walked out the door.
next thirty minutes went like this, going door to door, checking on the villagers and their welfare. Once she was done she walked around the village twice, looking for any disturbances. Finding none, she walked home.

looked out at the setting sun, but did not see the beautiful colors that spread across the sky. Instead, he looked past it, as though not really noticing it there. He glaced down at the gardens, where the beautiful flowers remained untouched. Green ivy wound it's way up the castle walls, stoping right below his window at where he stood.
he turned his gaze to the trees. Someone dared to walk through his forest. That someone would pay. In a flash of white an silver, he was gone.
appeared moments later in the forest. Standing in front of him was a grotesque oni with pitch black eyes. The oni stared at him a moment before turning in the opposite direction and running. He just smirked meanicingly before following at a quick pace. That oni would not get away from him.
he had gotten so absorbed into the chase, he failed to realize that they had gone through the forest, and were now at the opposite end, the end farthest from his palace. In the back of his mind, though, he realized that they had ran quite while. It was already dark.
he said in a cold and threatening voice, "I have wasted enough time on you. Any last words?"
will be cursed, shall you kill me," the oni said in a strong rumbling voice.
he said in an icy tone. "How so?"
youkai who destroys me, will be cursed. For two seasons, you will be human. By the end of that time, you must find a human woman to love you, and you love her. If not, you will remain human for the rest of your short life."
choice of last words," he snarled. A second later, the oni's head rolled on the ground, blood seeping for it's neck.
are cursed now, Lord. For you did not heed my words." The oni disolved into dust, and a dark light enveloped the now said Lord. After a minute or so, the Lord fell to the ground, landing on two human legs.
looked down at his now human hands, no claws. His hair fell over his shoulder as he looked down, and he noticed that his once silver hair, was now black. It was so black that it rivaled the midnight sky that was now covered in bright stars, but no moon.
growled as much as his now human throat would allow and turned to walk back to his palace, but was stopped but a large wolf youkai. "Out of my way, ookami," he snarled. The youkai growled and snarled back, revealing sharp fangs. The now human glared at the youkai, clearly not in the mood for this. He pulled out his sword, but was burned by the handle. He looked down incrediously at his sword. It would not let him, a human, wield it.
now, many more wolf youkai had surrounded the human. They were growling hungrily at him.

was putting down her bowl when one of the village men, a guard you could say, barged in. "Kagome-sama! Kikyo-sama! Asako-sama! There is a whole pack of wolf youkai at the forest's edge! They are attacking a man we saw emerge from the trees!"
are heading this way!" Another guard shouted from outside.
Kagome." Both girls looked up at their mother. "Get your weapons, quickly." All three women grabbed their weapons and rushed out the door. Asako aided the villagers, as Kagome and Kikyo hurried to the tree line. Both women shot arrows at the youkai as soon as they were in shotting range, still running. The youkai that were hit disolved in the purifying light, the others turned and charged at the new opponents. Side by side, the two sisters stopped and just shot arrows at the many youkai coming their way. In a matter of a minute, all the youkai that cahrged, were now gone.
Kikyo said in a rush, "help the man. I'll help Mama." Kagome only nodded and rushed to the man's side.
kneeled down beside the man, not caring that she just got her kimono soaked in blood. She grabbed his wrist and felt for his pulse. It was still there, and she couls tell he was breathing. Kagome sighed in relief. She quickly and carefully looked over his wounds. He was bit and scratched in several places, and all bleeding freely.
ripped the long sleeves off of her kimono and tied them tightly on his most major wounds. Which were a large bite on his shoulder and on his thigh. She took a closer look at the man in front of her. His long midnight tresses were soaked in blood, and his face was covered mostly in it as well. He was very tall, and had some feminine.
few minutes later, some village men came. They picked him up without question, an carried him to the miko's house. They carried him around back, and put the man in a small hut, used for healing anyone with fatal wounds. After the man was on a futon, the village men left, telling Kagome that Kikyo and her mother were taking care of the wounded form the village. Kagome nodded and set to work.
quickly undressed the man from his ruined clothes, making sure to cover, ahem, certain parts with a towel. Kagome took another wash towel out of a bucket that was filled with herbal water. She worked as fast as she could, cleaned of all of the blood, making sure be carefully around the wounds, but cleaning them the most.
he was cleaned up, she took some bandages out, along with some oitment. She spread the oitment on the bandages and wrapped them securely around the wounds.
minutes later she was done. And the man was covered in bandages. His face was almost the only place where there were no bandages. Only around his forehead because she had found a huge lump and some scratches. Kagome just sat and watched his form. 'Nothing to do now,' she thought. Just then, her mother and elder sister came in.
is he?" Asasko asked. Kagome sighed deeply.
not entirely sure. You know I've never dealt with fatal wounds much before, not this many." Kagome looked up at her mother. "But I have a strong feeling that he will be okay. He just needs to be watched over. That's about all I can think of."
Kagome, you're going to have to watch him. I have other duties already," Kikyo said. "And mother does too."
is right, Kagome. You will need to watch him." Kagome nodded her head slowly.
Mama. I will watch over him," she replies after a moment of silence.
will have Kaede bring you your stuff. When he awakens, come get me." With that Asako and Kikyo left, leaving Kagome watching over the unconscious man.

Done with the first part! Tell me what you think of it! Please?

Ane- older sister
younger sister
thank you
demon
i've been told it's another word for demon
yes
no

review!