Karin Fan Fiction ❯ Moon Eternal ❯ Rain So Heavy ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
was nothing I could do to escape them. They found me wherever I went and dragged me back, screaming. I cried every night until my tears just wouldn’t come anymore. I ran again, hoping that this time, I could get away.

This time, I had to get away.

The rain poured viciously from the sky, but I paid it no heed. They fell onto me like bricks, but I pressed on.

They were after me.

They were coming after me full-force.

It was now or never.

My worn, tattered dress was heavy with rain and my bare feet stung against the harsh pavement.

I was desperate.

Honey, come back!

It’s almost time!

Please honey!

It was for your own good!

For my own good.
since when has anything they have ever done for me for my own good and not to hide their precious secret?

I ran and ran until I came to a street. Here, the whole atmosphere changed.

I looked back at my pursuers and saw that they turned away. For the first time, they turned away.

My heart filled with so much joy, that I actually laughed. I laughed. I cried tearless cries. I fainted right there in the rain.

“Who is this child? Ren, explain this.”

“I found her passed out on the ground, inside the barrier. I thought that she must have been one of us.”

“Another vampire?”

I opened my eyes a little and saw ten of them staring back. Looking around, I saw that it was an old house with western qualities. Still dazed and confused, I struggle to get up.

“Don’t move, you’re still weak.” A tall, voluptuous blonde pushed me gently back down.

“Can you tell us where you came from?” asked an older gentleman

I looked at him with heavy eyes, “Please don’t let them find me.”

“Who?” asked a girl with dark purple hair “Is someone after you?”

I closed my eyes and swallowed back a weak sob, “I’ve been running for so long……….please don’t let them find me.”

The blonde looked over to the gentleman, “This doesn’t sound good.”

“We need to know who is coming after you. Tell us anything; we need to know something.” A tall youth with platinum hair looked down at me with harsh eyes.

I opened my mouth, the words seeping out in a whisper.

“…..Vampire killers……..”


~ Karin ~

My heart nearly stopped when I heard those words. Even Anju was showing fear. That meant that this was serious. Mom stared off in space with a hardened expression while dad was dreading the worst.

“Vampire killers? Like vampire hunters?!”

Mom went over to the girl and stared her down eye to eye. The girl was ghostly pale with hair long and dark against her skin. Her eyes were a deep sapphire blue, with a life that was slowly burning out.

“Who? Who are the vampire killers? Talk to me!”

The girl closed her eyes again, “My…….my……mom…….dad…… .please believe m…….”

The girl then fainted.

I looked to Anju, a habit as of late. She also wore a thoughtful expression as she consulted her bats.

“They have seen this girl. She has been running for some distance now, running from a couple of humans from a town fifty miles from here.”

“Fifty Miles?!” I exclaimed

“She isn’t human, that’s for sure.” Ren examined her teeth and glanced at her hands.

The mark of a vampire.

“So what do we do now, does she stay here?” I looked at dad.

“Until we know more of the situation, she has to.” Mom still had a stern expression on her face, moreso stressed than before.

I looked to Ren and saw that he was lifting the girl up into his arms. Figures.

~ Ren ~

She felt as if I carried nothing in my arms, but had the shape of a full woman. Her pale skin drew me in, and the faint scent of roses she carried on her skin held me there.

Moon Goddess

She was nothing short of a goddess.

“She’s not sleeping with Ren is she?!”

Damn it Karin! I glared at her, then turned back to my Goddess.

My Goddess

The words felt like cool water on my lips.

Without another word, I took her into my room.