Karin Fan Fiction ❯ Moon Eternal ❯ Lily ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]



I stood up and away from the scene, not wanting to be seen. This “Karin” everyone was talking about seemed to be the dark-haired girl I had seen before.

She looked about, as if extremely embarrassed.

“Ah, she’s awake!”

I looked at her warily, then made a short bow.

“This is Salina, she will be a guest in our home until further notice.”

Karin made a clumsy bow, “N-nice to have you with us.”

I smiled a little, then rubbed my arms. “What am I to do for the next few days? I do not want to be a bother, but I do not want to wear out my welcome.”

“You can keep Karin company. She is usually awake in the day hours and does get lonely. And you could protect her.” Anju looked at her sister, “She really needs the help and I’m sure Usui-kun would love the help.”

Karin turned the color of radishes, “Anju!”

I looked at Karin, “I wouldn’t mind. As your family knows, I have a similar situation that somewhat mirrors yours.”

“But then who will protect you in the daylight hours?” asked Ren, “You don’t need to stick your neck out for her!”

“Aside from that, how are you to avoid your parents?” asked Henry

I thought about it, “My grandmother is very skilled with spells and other practices. She had a marking placed on my body or something to that effect years ago. That may be the reason that they can track me.”

Calera and Henry exchange glances while Anju and Ren thought things over. Karin was a big question mark.

“May we see this mark?” asked Anju

“I would have to remove my dress or tear it; It’s on my back.”

Calera went over to her and turned her around. Taking no time to think, she violently ripped the dress with one of her claws and took a look at the design.

It was an elaborately drawn lily done in blue ink that covered her entire back. The ink was infused with human blood.

“This is tricky magic when you cannot see it to destroy it. We can have this fixed tonight, but I must warn you: it will be extremely painful.”

I nodded, “It was extremely painful when I got it.”

“Then everything’s settled. She can enroll into school and watch over sister.”

Karin seemed to be profusely embarrassed and confused at the same time, but I couldn’t say I blamed her. To come home with everything thrust upon you, she knew all too well what that was like.

“Well then, let’s get everything ready for the night ahead. The mark must be removed as soon as possible.”

~Ren~

I wanted to see how the mark looked, but knew the reaction I would get. She looked so sexy with her cute face all determined yet strong. She was a fighter, I could tell. I usually went for the willing, submissive broads, but I could learn to love a little spice in my dessert.

I look over at Karin and can’t help but feel disgusted. How she has managed to stay alive this long in this dull state of mind he will never know. She was an embarrassment as a vampire.

“Ren, will you be going out this evening? If not, your presence would be greatly appreciated.”

He looked over to his mother and saw that she was mildly annoyed. He rolled his eyes, “Of course Mother.”

“Anju, you had best attend too. Karin, I would ask, but this has to start before midnight and might drag on.”

Karin squirmed, “Y-yeah, I guess I’ll opt out.”

I rolled my eyes once more and placed my focus back on the Goddess. She was staring at me with a simple innocence I couldn’t begin to understand. That scared me.

It scared me because deep inside, I wanted to taint that innocence.

And make her scream my name.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*

The circular room was a light with candles. Salina sat in the middle, in the arms of Ren. Calera and Henry were close by, kneeling at Salina’s back. Anju was beside them, watching intently.

Calera took a sharp pin from a boiling tray and held it up in the candlelight. I flinched at it, thinking about it scratching over her skin and possibly drawing blood. Though vampires aren’t as weak as humans, he still couldn’t bear the sight of it. Now he silently cursed his mother for making him stand here, but at least she wouldn’t suffer alone.

“I’m going to start now.”

Calera placed the needle on her skin, then slowly pushed it in. The combined power of the previous incantation and the mixture of the potion caused a wave of overbearing pain to wash over her body.

Salina screamed out loud and grabbed onto my arms. I cringed at her cry, making her hold onto her.

Henry looked on in concern. Calera focused intently on her work, not able to afford a single mistake. Anju also shared her father’s concern, shared between them both.

The task went on and on until daybreak. The moments in between were nothing but ongoing screaming, sobs, and cries of incoherent words.

Every moment seemed to bring him closer to her. Every time she cried, he wiped away her tears. Every time she’d cry out, he’d silence her. Every time she screamed, he held her tighter.

When the procedure was done, she was so weak, she could barely speak. Her skin and hair glistened with sweat. Her skin was pale accept for her back, it was an angry red.

“She will have to recuperate for some time, until she is at full vampire strength. Then she will be able to heal herself. Until then, she would benefit from sleeping on something soft. Anju prepared a room for her next to Karin’s, would you please take her there?” Henry looked at his son, “You would have to put her in a comfortable position.”

I carefully positioned her over my shoulder, “I know.”

Without meeting the gaze of any of my family members, I go to the room.

~Anju~

I look at my brother’s retreating back in concern. From what I have heard my grandmother say, interbreeding is impure and should not happen. Does that mean the same for Salina and her situation. Does she have human blood in her genes? Would she be a blood-sucker if she was?

I look to my parents and see that they see this as a potential problem.

With things going the way they are this year, anything could be a potential problem.