Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Evanescence Of Fantasies ❯ Not Gonna Get Us ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Not Gonna Get Us

"Not gonna get us they're not gonna get us Not gonna get us Not gonna get us Starting from here, let's make a promise You and me, let's just be honest We're gonna run, nothing can stop us Even the night that falls all around us Soon there will be laughter and voices Beyond the clouds, over the mountains We'll run away on roads that are empty Lights from the airfield shining upon you"

-Tatu

---

Riku leaned against the wall as Lenne gazed around the small house in wonder. Merlin, who Lenne and Riku just found out was a wizard, stroked his long beard as he examined the couple carefully. Riku rolled his eyes, silently wishing the old man would start talking. Riku felt they should be leaving to find out more information about this curse or at least to go find Sora. If anyone can help them it would be him. He was the keyblade master right?

"Ah! So you guys finally remember eachother!" The old wizard exclaimed. He clapped his hands together joyously as Lenne grinned. "Well it's about time! Aren't I right, Lenne?"

"Got that right." Lenne nodded.

"How many times do I have to apologize?" Riku asked, getting frustrated that he had to hear about him forgetting Lenne from everyone he encountered. "I already apologized."

"I'm not scolding you, dear boy." Merlin explained. "It was just a comment."

"A comment you say?" Riku asked, raising an eyebrow. "Well how about you keep those to yourself, old man?"

"Riku!" Lenne gasped. She turned in her seat to give him a disapproving glare. "Be nice! I'm sure he meant nothing of it."

Riku snorted in reply before he began glancing around the room again. It was a very odd room too. Books everywhere, potions scattered, papers piled on beds and tables. Just what did this wizard want anyways? If he was here to help then why wasn't he helping? Not to mention his house was on a little piece of land surrounded by water and it was dark. Did he want Lenne to get possessed again? Didn't he know just a little darkness was dangerous? This house was like a death trap.

"Do you know much of Princess Samara?" Lenne asked curiously.

Merlin looked shocked for a moment before he smiled, "Oh yes...her. I know enough."

"How much is 'enough', old man?" Riku asked. "Because if you're going to waste our time telling us things we already know then..."

"I know there's a book on her." Merlin interrupted, "And the name's Merlin."

"Right." Riku replied wryly, "And we already knew about the book...do you have it?"

"No."

"Then this is a waste of our time." Riku pushed away from the wall. "Come on, Lenne. We need to go find a gummi."

"Not so fast!" Merlin said hastily as Lenne rose from her seat. "I do have more information for you! And anyways...Cid's not here anymore so you won't find any gummis out there."

Lenne glanced at Riku who seemed a little annoyed. Was he always this rude? "Tell us." She said before sitting back in her chair.

"We don't have time for this!" Riku exclaimed.

"We're not in a hurry. I'm sure we can wait five minutes and hear what Merlin has to tell us." Lenne responded.

"What's he got to tell us that we don't already know?"

"Organization 13." Merlin said, crossing his arms with a faint grin as Riku gave him a confused look.

"Wait...what? What's that?" Riku asked. Maleficent never mentioned anything about an organization. "Are you talking about the villains because Sora already destroyed them all."

"No...Organization 13 is not part of the Heartless. They're actually enemies. You see, every time someone's heart is taken a heartless and nobody forms..."

"Nobody?" Lenne asked, "What's a Nobody?"
"It is a creature somewhat like a Heartless but stronger...and Nobodies have no emotions. They can't feel anything at all." Merlin explained. "Ansem's Nobody Xemnas formed an organization with his original body's colleagues who were also experimented on. That formed Organization 12."

"Organization 12?" Lenne asked.

"Indeed."

"But...first you said '13'. If that was only twelve then who's number thirteen?"

Merlin sighed, glancing at Riku. Riku's eyes widened as he watched the wizard fidget nervously.

"You...you're not saying it's Riku, are you?" Lenne asked in fear. She glanced back and forth between the two men. "Riku doesn't have a...Nobody...does he?"

"No, dear, he doesn't." Merlin replied, placing a comforting hand on Lenne's shoulder to calm her down.

"Thank god." She breathed. That could've made things even more messier for them. If Riku would've had a Nobody...she hated to even think about it.

"But the keyblade master does." Merlin finished, wincing as Riku yelled out in anger.

"WHAT? SORA HAS A NOBODY!" He asked. "Since when? How can this happen? Sora never gave in to the darkness!"

Merlin shook his head, "I'm afraid he did. When Kairi was lifeless...her heart was within his. He used your oblivion blade to release it...but that also released the darkness in his heart too."

"Crap, Sora, you idiot!" Riku muttered angrily. "His Nobody...he as strong as Sora?"

"Maybe stronger." Merlin shrugged.

"Wait...Kairi's and Sora's hearts were intertwined right?" Lenne asked. Merlin nodded. "So that means Kairi has a Nobody too, right? Since he unlocked both their hearts."

"Exactly." Merlin replied. "But I haven't been able to find her Nobody. I really don't know much about hers."

"Kairi too?" Riku asked. He placed his head in his hands before muttering incoherently.

Lenne watched him sadly. She knew this had to be tough for him to hear. All Riku ever wanted to do was protect his friends but in the end he couldn't. That was something they both had in common. Lenne just wanted to protect the ones she loved too...Rinoa, Rikku and Squall, Tifa, Shuyin...
"Don't blame yourself, Riku, you couldn't have done anything to change Sora's mind. He made the decision." Lenne said. She reached out to grab one of his hands and give it a small squeeze.

"If I didn't join Maleficent then I could've helped Sora instead of fighting him." Riku replied. He refused to look at any of them. Guilt and sorrow filled his features as Lenne tried to comfort him.

"You were tricked."

"I was stupid."

"Well...you're not now. You're smarter and stronger even with this darkness in you. We can find Sora and Kairi and stop this Organization from..." Lenne stopped as she realized something. She turned to peer at Merlin, "Um...what exactly does this Organization 13 do?"

"All I know is they really want hearts...to feel. I don't know what their plan is exactly but they do want a war."

"A war?" Lenne asked. That feeling of uneasiness and fear filled her stomach again. It was bad enough her and Riku had to deal with Samara and the darkness within themselves...but now they had a war coming?

"Please tell me you mean the war between light and darkness." Riku muttered before sinking into the seat next to Lenne.

"I wish I did. It seems to me that light is interfering with the real war too." Merlin said. "Nobodies want hearts. Heartless take hearts. Xemnas is going to try everything to get Princess Samara and her heartless to hand those hearts over."

"Samara's refusing to share?" Lenne asked. She rolled her eyes and snorted. "Figures...she'd rather start a war then help the Organization out."

"Samara has some bad blood with Xemnas's original body. You see, she killed his girlfriend Liyah."

"Liyah? Ansem has a girlfriend?" Riku asked incredulously.

"Had." Merlin corrected. "Right when Liyah was turned into a heartless along with all the other scientist...Samara slaughtered her. Ansem was devastated. Ever since then they've been at eachothers' throats."

"Does Liyah have a Nobody too?" Lenne asked.

"I don't think so...if she does then no one knows about it." Merlin replied.

"So basically the Organization is trying to get back at Samara for what she did to Liyah?"

"And to get some hearts." Merlin added. "And you two are the key to winning war for them."

"What?" Riku and Lenne asked in unison.

"The Organization knows of Samara's need for the both of you...so they figured they'd get to you first." Merlin gazed at Lenne, "They especially want you."

"Great." Lenne muttered. "All I ever wanted in my childhood was to be wanted. Now I'm wanted by everyone and thing that can use my body to their evil benefits. I feel so...dirty."

"The book 'Heartless Of Darkness', do you know where it is?" Riku asked.

"Indeed I do! There are pages scattered around the worlds like the Ansem reports were."

"Are you serious?" Lenne groaned. "Not only do we have to run from Samara but we have to control our darkness, hide from the Organization, find Sora and Kairi, AND scattered pages in different worlds!"

"And we don't have a gummi." Riku added wryly.

"AND we have no gummi?" Lenne repeated in frustration.

"Even if you did you couldn't get to other worlds...the walls are back." Merlin replied, grinning.

"Great!" Lenne sighed. "I'm so happy you find this amusing!" She said, glaring at Merlin.

"You two look so hopeless...cheer up!" Merlin replied joyously.

"Give us one good reason to 'cheer up'." Riku said. He really didn't like this wizard's attitude. Did he not see that all was doomed?

"You have eachother." He stated, grinning wider as Lenne and Riku gaped at him. Aww, young love...

"I guess you're right." Lenne said. She glanced back at Riku. "We're stuck with eachother, huh?"

Riku shrugged, trying not to look too happy. He wasn't really open when it came to girls. That was more of a 'Sora thing'. Anyways, Lenne wanted to be just friends right? He wanted to see how long that one would last. He knew it wouldn't be too long, and he knew she knew that too.

"Plus I have a special gummi ship waiting for you in the First District. This one can travel through the walls." Merlin spoke up, breaking the silence, "It use to be the king's ship but he said you two need it more then him. We can't have you traveling in darkness, can we?"

"No." Lenne smiled.

"You two better get going. It's only a matter of time before someone finds out you're here."

Lenne nodded as her and Riku rose from their seats. She was ready for her journey. She knew with Riku with her it wouldn't be as tough anymore. She finally had her guardian; Samara didn't stand a chance. "Thanks, Merlin." She smiled before pulling him into a big hug.

"Anytime, Sarah."

Lenne quickly pushed him away before glaring at him angrily, "What did you call me?"

"...Lenne?" He asked.

Lenne heard him say Sarah but she decided to let it go. There's no need to bring up past events.

"Oh." She nodded before turning to walk out the door. Riku, on the other hand, didn't move yet.

"Why'd you call her 'Sarah'?" He asked curiously.

"I'm an old fool..." Merlin stammered, "I-I got her mixed up with another girl, sorry."

Riku nodded slowly before turning towards the exit.

"And Riku," Merlin said hastily, "Be careful. The job as a guardian is one that is tougher then the keyblade master. Don't let your feelings get the best of you...because in the end...you will hate Lenne."

"What?" Riku asked angrily. He turned to send him a death glare. Who does this wizard think he is? Did he just say I'll hate Lenne?

"Good luck." Merlin said before turning to a stack of paper.

Riku figured the conversation was over. That was the old geezer's way of cancelling it. He could care less, he wanted to get out of that place anyways. It kind of freaked him out...he swore he saw the furniture move.

---
“Lenne!” Riku yelled, looking around the place as he realized he already lost her. Where the hell could she be? It’s not like she could’ve got far...the freaking house is surrounded by water!

“Riku!” He heard her cry out. He didn’t want to turn towards the direction he heard her scream from; he was afraid of what he’d see. He clenched his oblivion blade before slowly turning around. He cringed at the sight.

“So you’re the infamous Riku?” The cloaked stranger asked as he tightened his grip on Lenne. She winced; her huge brown eyes gazed into Riku’s aquamarine ones as the man holding her continued, “And here I thought you’d be...bigger.”
“Let her go.” Riku yelled angrily.

“Riku!” Lenne cried out, but her cries were mostly meant for him, “Calm down! Don’t get too angry...remember what happened last time?”

“What happened last time?” The man asked. He really didn’t care; he just wanted to annoy the hell out of the boy. “Did you let that darkness in your heart take over?”

“Shut up!” Riku lashed out. He hated this guy...he didn’t even know who the guy was but he hated him already. One of Riku’s weaknesses was not being able to think clearly when someone he cared for was in danger. Another was controlling his anger. Lenne was right, he needed to calm down before he blacked out again.

The man began laughing at Riku’s anger. “I’ve heard about you being a hothead but this is too easy! I haven’t even begun to torment you but already you’re so close to overdosing from darkness!”

“Shut up! You know nothing!” Lenne replied, struggling in the man’s grasp. “You better pray that he doesn’t let that darkness win...because you’ll be in deep trouble! And at least he has a heart you...you...Nobody!”

The man was silent before he roughly turned Lenne and glared at her. “Aren’t you the smart little sacrifice?” He replied coldly before pushing her to the side. “I hate how you people think you’re better then us because you can feel!”

Riku was about to attack him once he believed Lenne was safe, but as she was pushed away from the cloaked man another one appeared and grabbed her. Crap! More?

“I didn’t miss anything good did I?” The second one asked. This one was a female. She practically dug her nails into Lenne’s arms as she grabbed her; examining her slowly. “She’s cute. We’ll have so much fun together at the Castle...it’s tiring being the only girl. Unless you count that witch but she’s about as fun as a bag of dead kittens.”

“You’re sick!” Lenne spat angrily.

“Larxene’s not sick...she just has a colorful imagination.” Another one said as three more showed up. His eyes stopped on Riku, “Hey! Look! It’s the keyblade master’s friend!”

“You’re a genius, Axel.” The first one responded sarcastically.

“Hey! I have an idea! Why don’t we have our newest member fight Riku? We haven’t exactly seen him in action yet!” A cloaked man exclaimed happily.

Larxene sighed, “You’re just saying that because you’re too much of a chicken to fight him yourself, Demyx.”

“Ouch, Larxene, that hurts.”

“You can’t feel anything, you fool!” She yelled.

Riku and Lenne glanced at eachother; deciding secretly that they were dealing with complete weirdos.

“Good idea, D-man!” Axel exclaimed. He elbowed the younger member standing next to him, “Got get him, Roxas! Show that silver-haired punk that Organization 13 runs this world!”

Roxas was quiet as he studied Riku. He’s strong...but I can take him. Plus...he only has one blade. But...He turned to look at Lenne who was still struggling to get away from Larxene. Will it be a fair fight? He’ll be too concerned about the girl and when I fight someone I want their full attention on me.

“Well, Roxas, are you gonna do it are or you gonna be a wuss like Demyx?” Larxene asked.

“Man, Larxene, you really know how to make a guy feel worthless...”

“You can’t feel anyways!” Larxene replied, “Hell, I’ll take the boy! This girl’s annoying. Here!” She threw Lenne to Roxas before running towards Riku.

“Hey! Roxas was gonna take him! Xaldin! Tell Larxene Roxas gots him!” Axel complained.

“Be quiet.” Xaldin responded as he smirked at Larxene’s advances.

Crap! This woman was quick. Riku didn’t even know she cut him until he felt the blood trickling down his cheek. He quickly dodged her next hit; noticing the knives between her fingers. Once she got closer he hit her with the oblivion causing her to fly into wall.

“Ouch.” Axel muttered.

Lenne held her breath as she saw the blood pour out of Riku’s cheek. This was unfair! It was four against one! To make matters worse Riku was only fighting one right now and she already managed to hurt him. Riku...hang on!

“Nice job, boy.” Larxene said as she slowly got up from the ground. “You actually got in a hit. Try to dodge this!” She shot lightning in his direction but Riku was already gone when it struck where he was standing. Now where did he...? “OOMPH!” Larxene fell to the ground once more as she felt a sharp pain in the back of her head.

Riku smirked as he gripped his oblivion blade.

“He’s fast.” Demyx commented. “Anyone gonna help her?”

“Don’t underestimate Larxene. She was just playing with him but now she’s going to really give it to him.” Xaldin replied.

Not if I can help it! Lenne thought as she came up with an idea. Riku, don’t get mad...I’m doing this for us. She closed her eyes as she felt Roxas’s grip on her loosen.

Roxas peered down at the ground; noticing it get covered with darkness. Lenne was also shaking. “Uh...Axel?” He said, glancing over at his friend who was enjoying the fight.

“Yeah, Roxas?...Crap!” Axel tried to move before the darkness was beneath him but he was too late. “Xaldin! We have a problem!” Both Axel and Roxas struggled as dark arms from darkness held onto their legs.

Xaldin turned in their direction to see what they were complaining about now only to find huge heartless coming out of the ground. Lenne’s eyes were black. That little...but I thought only Samara can call the heartless!

“Kill the heartless!” He cried out before retrieving his six lances.

Riku was about to continue to attack Larxene until he realized the darkness spreading. He quickly looked over to Lenne to find she was the one summoning. Is she crazy? Does she want to turn? He peered over at Larxene who was busy summoning Nobodies. He could’ve finished her off but right now Lenne’s safety was more important. He quickly ran to Lenne, grabbing her before the Organization members realized that they were escaping.

---
Riku made it to the First District, spotting the gummi Merlin told them about. He notice the darkness was continuing to spread even as they made their way to the ship. He looked at Lenne who seemed hypnotized; her eyes were still black.

“Lenne! Lenne! You can stop now! We’re at the gummi! Lenne?” He tried to get her attention but she wasn’t responding. “Great...” He helped her onto the gummi; placing her carefully into the passenger’s seat. “You are in big trouble, woman.” He muttered before starting up the ship.

They quickly flew off before the darkness spread to the ship.

.