Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Beauty ❯ Dance ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Hidden Beauty.
 
Author: Namassuki.
 
Genre: Romance, Humor, Angst.
 
Rating: PG-13.
 
Chapter 14:Dance.
 
 
Day: Saturday.
 
 
The day everyone, Tidus and Wakka (who cannot wait to dance together without worrying about their secret exposed to the school since they were using masks), Axel (the most excited one because he cannot wait to dance with Roxas), Zell and Irvine (who cannot wait to do prank to couples) and even Leon and Cloud (who weren't from either High School and College but just wanted to dance) had been waiting for has finally come.
 
 
But not Riku. He was not in the mood to go to the dance today. It is pretty annoying for him when every girl asked him to go to the dance with them that some of them even begged on their knees. Usually Riku will gave up after a couple of times being begged and the lucky girl will screamed like crazy claiming `I'm Riku's date! I'm Riku's date! I'm Riku's date!' and ended up being beaten by the rest of the girls, but not now.
 
 
Though the begging from those girls getting worsen especially each of them called him every one minute during midnight at him that he decided to pull off the plug and slept only for three hours because his father brought him to Mask Shop for him to wear during party. He didn't want to go actually but his father forced him, said that gentleman should go there and don't let girl await them.
 
 
But he still didn't want to go. Tidus, Axel, Zell, Irvine, Wakka and even Leon and Cloud coaxed him to go there though they didn't knew why he didn't want to go there but Riku still refused. Until it was Roxas' turn. Boy, Roxas sure know how to make him go there just by a simple sentence consisted of nine words.
 
 
Sora told me to tell you to go there.
 
 
Riku didn't understand. Why would Sora want him to go to the stupid party? Damn, he had a soft spot for the boy and he sure didn't like it though deep down inside, he readied to do anything for the boy.
 
 
`I think I'm going to get crazy with this flutter stomach…' Riku thought as he entered the hall of his College. It was dark, light only by the colorful neon by the wall and the dancing ball at the center of the ceiling that gave out glitter around the floor and the wall. There were hundreds of peoples dancing on the floor, some were making out at the corner, some were eating the provided food and some were singing on the stage.
 
 
`And what's good this party going to give to me?' Riku thought, frowning. He pulled out his Mask from his pocket and wore it, exposing only his lips. It was a black plus red mask with white pattern at the side next to his eyes. He was wearing a black shirt and black jean with hole on his knees, a red wristband wrapped around his right wrist and his left arm was quarterly covered with black silk, which connected to the glove on his left hand.
 
 
“Hello Riku!” Zell who was wearing his usual cloth consisted of blue shirt jacket and silver pant with silver mask greeted him and handed him a small paper. “Your number! We will announce `Searching Partner Moment' in no long time!” Zell exclaimed before he vanished in the crowd. Riku looked at the number and groaned.
 
 
19.
 
 
“A very weird number for me…” he muttered. He stuffed the paper into his pocket and walked through the crowds, earned squeal from his fan girls who recognized him due to his only silver hair. But he ignored them because he wasn't in the mood. After walking through crowds of squealing girls, he managed to survive and met Axel and Roxas.
 
 
Axel was wearing a demon's cloth, everything in red and black. His red shirt loosening around his waist and his black trouser reached the floor. His mask was red like blood, making his emerald eyes obvious. Roxas however, was wearing simple white cloth and white trouser but covered with black long jacket and gloves around his hands. His mask was simple, colored white making his blue eyes like the sky around the clouds.
 
 
`Wish it was Sora…' thought Riku.
 
 
“Hey Riku! Looking good!” Axel said, grinning.
 
 
“Thanks,” Riku said.
 
 
“Really! I like the silk around your left arm. Make you look like gangster yet again…you look cool too,” Axel said.
 
 
“So, what's your number?” Roxas asked.
 
 
“Nineteen,” replied Riku. “What about you?”
 
 
“We both got twelve,” Axel replied, smirking. “Zell and Irvine gave both boy and girl's same number to us.”
 
 
“And do I need to ask they did the same to Tidus and Wakka too?” Riku smirked.
 
 
“Yeah they did. It was, after all, Tidus who asked them to give them both boy and girl's numbers,” Axel said.
 
 
“Sigh. Lucky you. I'm not in the mood to dance with any girls or boys,” Riku said.
 
 
“Don't worry! I bet someone very beautiful will be your partner!” Axel exclaimed, patting shoulder in assure.
 
 
“Hahahaha. Thanks,” Riku said.
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 
Meanwhile, at the entrance to the hall, Kairi and Selphie were leaning against the wall near the door, waiting for another girls students to enter and gave them the paper with number on it. They watched their clock, ten minutes until the `Searching Partner Moment' event will take place and they will close `Giving Number' session.
 
 
“I'm bored…” Selphie whined.
 
 
“Just ten minutes more Selphie. I can't believe Quistis and Riona made this kind of party. It's really stupid and peoples probably disappointed they can't have a dance with someone they wanted,” said Kairi.
 
 
“”Yawn. I am really bore. Isn't there any girl's coming to the party?” Selphie asked, looking around. Then she saw a lose girl in front of them. Why does she look like she was lost? Well, she was looking around the place repeatedly and her wings behind her wriggle in nervousness. Is that even a real wing? “Hey, that girl looks lost,” said Selphie.
 
 
Kairi looked at the girl and nodded. “Come on, let's help her,” Kairi said, walking towards the girl. “Hello,” Kairi patted the girl, earning a small yelp from the girl.
 
 
The girl whirled around to face her and gulped. She was wearing everything in white, her cloth was simple, sleeveless and her skirt almost reached her knees where the rest of her legs covered by white silky trouser. Behind her was two wings of an angel, no doubt she was an angel considering she wore a white mask with feathers at both side.
 
 
`Hmm…something's…a little bit off…' Kairi thought as she examined the nervous girl before her.
 
 
“Um…is this the hall where the party being holds?” The girl asked.
 
 
“Yes! Yes! Yes!” Selphie chirped as she handed a paper to the girl. “This is your number! There will be `Searching Partner Moment' where each number will be called and when your number is up, you must go to the center and meet your destiny partner!” Selphie exclaimed, giggling.
 
 
“T-Thank you,” the girl said before she entered the hall. Kairi frowned then looked at blinking Selphie.
 
 
“Say…she sounds familiar…” Selphie said.
 
 
“You think so? I think so,” said Kairi.
 
 
“Wonder who she is,” Selphie said, tapping her chin.
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 
“Ladies and gentleman of both Destiny High School and College! I am your host of the party, Zell and this gentleman next to me wearing cowboy costume is none other than the famous cowboy gentleman in Destiny College, Irvine! Both of us will help you to whatever you would need but now, it is time for the moment we have been waiting for - `Searching Partner Moment'!” Zell exclaimed and cheers could be heard from the floor. “Now, I'm sure almost all of you have been given a paper with number imprinted on it and no, it's not a lucky number to obtain a prize,” said Zell.
 
 
“I think it is a lucky number. Just think you will have a chance to dance with the most beautiful girl in the world when you're actually ugly,” said Irvine. The crowds laughing and some were agreed.
 
 
“Right…” Zell said sarcastically. “Anyway, I want you to look at the number and mesmerized it because Irvine and I will call each number and I want boy and girl who had the mentioned number to step forwards and met your partner for the dance party. Is that clear?” Zell asked and everyone nodded. “Good. Now, let's the moment began! Irvine, if you may.”
 
 
“Right-to Zell! Thank you very much. Now, the first number is…Number 1!” Irvine exclaimed. Riku saw two peoples emerged from both sides of boy and girl, his jaw almost dropped when he recognized the two of them.
 
 
`Shoot. Is that Tidus wearing a dress?!' Riku asked himself. Indeed, it was Tidus because he was the one with pink dress and mask waving at him despite he was wearing his mask, Tidus still called him.
 
 
“Riku!” Tidus grinned wide before he and Wakka (who else) danced at the corner. After that, it was number followed by three and so on until it was twelve where Riku heard Axel's squealing like a girl ran from the boys' side towards the center and hugged Roxas who came from the girls' corner. And Riku swore he heard the boys were yelling at Axel for getting such mysterious yet pretty girl.
 
 
Riku sighed in tire. He was not really in the mood to dance right now. He looked at his mobile phone with Sora's house phone on it and frowned more. `Maybe I should call him…' Riku thought and he was about to do that when Zell and Irvine called his name.
 
 
“And can Number nineteen of both sides step forwards to the center? Riku, I know you got that number!” Zell grinned when the girls squealed and cried in desperate.
 
 
“Damn you,” Riku cursed. He grandly walked towards the center and waited for the girl who was lucky to have the same number like his to step forward and they will dance happily ever after. Except Riku would not be happy because he was not in the mood. The girls screamed louder than before, killing the background music as they asked each other who got the same number.
 
 
“Is there Number nineteen from girl's side?” Irvine asked. Then the scream getting louder from the back and everyone watched as one girl with white cloth and feathery mask stepped forward, or pushed by the Riku's maniac fan girl, to the center, almost fell flat on the floor if Riku had not caught her on time. The girls screamed in despair. “Ah! The lucky girl Number nineteen is here!”
 
 
“Holy mama mia! That one holy beautiful girl!” said one of the boys.
 
 
“Yeah! Just look at that body!”
 
 
“I never knew there's such a girl in our College!”
 
 
“Maybe she's from High School.”
 
 
“Yeah, could be. Just look at the body size. Probably is a junior.”
 
 
“Wow, Riku's lucky to have an angelic girl to be his partner,” Axel said. Roxas frowned at this. Not because of what Axel said (okay…so he's jealous a little…little) but the fact that the girl looked something's off.
 
 
While everyone was chattering about how beautiful the girl, Riku was drowning in those blue eyes who happened to be belonged to the said girl from Heaven. The blue was so clear and beautiful that if he stared at it in another ten seconds, he probably died from drown or died from holding his breath for three minutes.
 
 
“S-Sorry,” the girl said, pushing Riku gently and patted her white skirt. Riku gulped when the blue eyes stared at him again and saw the girl's cheeks colored in bright pink before she looked at the floor. “Um…”
 
 
“Wanna dance?” Riku's head kicked him mentally when he realized he had just said that. He sensed the girls startled and stared at him in shock before she shyly nodded and took the hand he already stretched. As soon as the hand contacted, Riku felt the very same familiar flutter in his stomach and his nerve jolted like electricity. Despite that, he still placed his other hand at the girl's waist and began, they danced.
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 
`Searching Partner Moment' finished just half an hour ago and peoples were now dancing on the floor with their partner or just sat by the tables to chat or eat food in Wakka's case. Riku and his partner were in `sitting around the table' category and they had not talked since twenty minutes ago after they finished dancing. It was tiresome for Riku, but at the same time, he feel shocked.
 
 
“Phew! I'm tired!” Axel said as soon as he flopped down the chair next to Riku while Roxas sat next to the girl.
 
 
“I don't think I want to go to the dance party next time,” Roxas said.
 
 
“Aww Roxas, does that mean you don't like me?” Axel pouted.
 
 
“Please Axel. I will never hate someone who had caused me vomit due to the spinning dance,” Roxas said, smiling ever so genuinely. Axel sweatdropped. After making sure and confident that Axel will not talk about `you hate me' conversation, Roxas shifted his attention from his partner to Riku's partner who seemed to be very, very nervous. “Hi,” Roxas smiled.
 
 
“H-Hi,” said the girl.
 
 
“So, are you from High School or College?” Roxas asked.
 
 
“H-High School,” replied the girl.
 
 
“You're very nervous, girl,” Axel said, grinning.
 
 
“G-Girl?” The girl choked and her already red face turned redder than before. “I-I'm sorry Riku but I want to go to restroom first,” the girl said before she left. Axel and Roxas blinked then they looked at grinning Riku.
 
 
“What's up?” Axel asked.
 
 
“Apparently, that girl you called girl, is not a girl at all,” Riku said. Axel blinked. “She's a he who got lost and was given a number from Kairi and Selphie,” Riku said.
 
 
“WHAT?!” Axel shrieked. “Y-You're telling me beautiful, pretty, sexy, adorable and unimaginable beauty girl is actually a BOY?!” Axel asked. Riku nodded.
 
 
“I was pretty shock at first too when s-he told me during the dance,” Riku said. Indeed, he was shocked and the reason they stopped the dance was also because of that. Like Axel said, how come a beautiful, pretty, sexy, adorable and unimaginable beauty girl with clear blue eyes was actually a boy? Well, this showed Riku how powerful God is and Riku wasn't even regretted it.
 
 
He had been watching the mysterious boy for a long time since they stopped the dance and he could see the boy was one very nervous boy because every time their eyes met, he always blushed redder than before and looked down at the uninteresting table. Somehow, it looked familiar especially when he felt those flying butterflies in his stomach.
 
 
“That explain a plain chest she had,” Roxas said.
 
 
“So…” Axel's shock face turned into a sly one. “How is he? Good?” Axel asked, grinning slyly.
 
 
“What's that supposed to mean?” Riku glared at Axel.
 
 
“Do you have someone in your mind now?” Axel asked. Riku arched his eyebrow. He wasn't going to answer that but somehow someone's face floated before him and he couldn't help but to smile when he found out who it was.
 
 
`Sora…' Riku smiled dreamily. Of course, he would never forget about Sora, the adorable, cute and funny boy he had just met a week ago in Tidus' room despite his thick and large glasses. Come to think of it, Sora just like the boy he had partnered with and there was a moment where Riku thought the boy was Sora but he quickly neglected that because Sora wouldn't be here.
 
 
“Um…” The boy's voice caught Riku's attention.
 
 
“Yes? Is something's wrong?” Roxas asked.
 
 
“I-I have to go home,” said the boy.
 
 
“Already? Aww…and we haven't known much about you yet,” Axel pouted.
 
 
“S-Sorry. Maybe next time?” The boy grinned, showing his really clear and white teeth.
 
 
`Not Sora all right,' thought Riku. “Okay. Do you want me to walk you home?” Riku asked.
 
 
“N-No need. I can walk by myself,” the boy replied, smiling.
 
 
“All right then. See you,” Axel said, waving hand as the boy ran off out of the hall. Once he gone, Axel gasped. “Oh shoot! I forgot to ask his name!”
 
 
`Oh shoot all right! I have been spending times with him for almost two hours yet I don't even know him much at all,' Riku thought, cursing at himself for being stupid and being off-guard against the beauty the boy had. Sighing, Riku stood up. “I think I go home too,” Riku said.
 
 
“What? There's going to be slow music around,” Axel said.
 
 
“Do you see my partner around?” Riku asked. Axel shook his head. “Good. That's mean I'm free from dancing,” Riku said and he left the hall, not before he passed through the crowds of fan girls.
 
 
“Hey Roxas…” Axel began after a long silent.
 
 
“Yes Axel?”
 
 
“Wanna dance again?” Axel asked, grinning slyly and seductively at Roxas. Roxas stared at his partner for a long, long time, wondering how the hell did he agreed to Axel's proposal to become his partner in the first place when he didn't really like annoying guy especially someone like Axel. Then again, someone tends to experience new things and needed some changes, and once, Roxas never regretted it.
 
 
“Sure.”
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------< /div>