Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: The Next Generation ❯ Darkness is Eternal ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own KH or any of its affiliates.
A/N: I've posted a beta picture of Rake on Mediam.org, just imagine the hair is emerald green. Oh, and just a helpful reminder the thoughts of characters are put in Italics. You may have noticed that I removed the prologue, well that's because I have a totally new storyline going along. And the prologue just didn't fit with it.
 
Ch.5 Training In Twilight Station
Pt.4Darkness is Eternal
 
Previously: Behind his back Ed's shadow started to grow longer, then suddenly it rose from the ground and began to grow. Again sensing something was different he turned around, and saw a figure beginning to form. It initially had the blobby, vaguely humanoid appearance of the previous enemies, but as it rose, the inky blackness drips off of it gradually as it reforms into a more concrete form. The arms and legs gradually lose the excess substance to reveal them to look like some twisted mockery of the human form, with an angular shape to them. The legs end in some thin, folding triangles with paper like curls at the end. And the arms where that of a bodybuilder with huge four finger claws at the end. The head is surrounded by stray tendrils of a black hair-like substance. However its beady yellow eyes had the same look that spelled hunger mixed with bloodlust in them, as the other enemies. The primary focal point, however, was its midsection (or, rather, lack of one). Where its belly should have been its there was a gaping hole in the shape of a heart. With very smooth walls.
The creature drew back its fist and dark energy began to built up in it. Realizing what was coming Ed tried to move out of the way, but for some reason couldn't. He looked down to see that his feet where trapped in pool of purple-black energy. He held his shield up to his face. “Now I'm really glad I picked this thing,” he half-mumbled half-giggled to himself.
Then the creature launched its energy charged fist straight at Ed. “Too bad I still have the feeling that this is gonna hurt more than that black orb did”
 
Now: The goliath monsters fist made direct contact with Ed's shield. It was so sudden, that Ed didn't even feel the pain he was expecting. All he felt was a strong push, like when Rake would push him down to the ground whenever they got into arguments.
“That wasn't so bad was my gut wrong.” Then suddenly he felt a pressure on his neck, and stomach. His eyes snapped open and he found he was sinking in the same purple inky blackness that trapped his feet before. He tried to move but suddenly found that his legs, feet, stomach, and neck were being restrained by black tendrils. He struggled but when he did the tendril at his neck tightened. “Now I know what a dog feels when it's on a leash”. Then he realized, he wasn't just sinking he was being dragged down. Suddenly another tendril covered his eyes, and the ones around his stomach and throat, tightened to the point of suffocation. He began to slowly but painfully feel the breath being squeezed out of his body.
He whispered, “there's no way,” then more forcefully, “THERE'S NO WAY I'M LETTING YOU TAKE ME DOWN THIS EASILY!!!!!!!”
Suddenly his shield flashed into his right hand, the light from its appearance, caused the tendril restraining his right arm to corrode away. Then he bashed away at the one on his belly. After which he turned around and cut of the ones choking his neck, and blindfolding him. Then made quick work of the remaining three restraints.
After he was free from his bonds. He began to swim/fly his way back to the surface. Soon he saw light. He swam-flew for dear life towards it. The next thing he knew, he was on back on the platform on his knees, and gasping for air. He looked up to see the giant heartless from before, looking down on him with a pure steely gaze. “He looks angry.”
It drew its fist back and began to charge energy up again, and then he sent his fist rocketing down on Ed again. Without any darkness to hinder his movements, he dodged it with relative ease. Missing its target the fist impaled itself into the ground, entrapping it, and hence immobilizing the monster.
“This is my chance, what can I hit? He quickly scanned his enemy for weak points.
“Heads to high, legs look to dangerous, that just leaves the arm.”
He rushed towards the stuck arm, and whacked with his shield with all his might. But suddenly, something hit him from behind knocking him away from the hand. Ed turned around to see what hit him. He found an imp heartless like the ones from before. Looking past that he saw two more. “Where did you guys come from?” “No matter, I'm gonna be sending you all to the same place anyway.”
Ed charged forward and knocked the first one into the air, then jumped up and knocked it down to the ground again. Finally, right before he landed he brought his shield down on the creature and smashed it to smoke, and hp orbs, which he gratefully absorbed. But as he polished off his enemies, the arm broke free of its crystalline confines. Amazingly there wasn't a single scratch on the floor. “I don't understand why, isn't there a freaking giant hole?”
He didn't have time to ponder, because the giant began shooting laser's bombs from its eyes, “Now that's gotta be cheating!
One laser came directly at him, and as result was easily blocked by Ed's shield. The other however was more elusive. And swerved out of the way when Ed raised his shield to block, then nailed him right in the shoulder, just a few centimeters away from the face. “OH MY *BEEP* GOD, THAT HURTS LIKE *BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEP* WHAT THE HELL YOU *BEEP* SON OF A BITCH, I AM SO GONNA HAVE YOUR *BEEP* ASS FOR THAT!!!!!!!!”
Ed had good reason to swear worse than a sailor. That one blast had knocked his hp down to 2%. One more hit from anything and he was done for without a doubt.
The giant once again began charging up his fist with energy and slammed it into the platform. Fortunately for Ed (who didn't have the strength to dodge), it didn't land anywhere near him. “I don't get it did he like miss me on purpose, or is he just that retarded?
“Either way this is my chance to do some damage.” But as he finished that thought a pool, of dark energy began to spread out from the fist, and from that pool, a legion of imps rose. “I don't have time for this.” He charged directly forward shield in both hands. For a few moments Ed became a demon, in what must have only been six seconds he utterly slaughtered, the imps, until all that was left was hp orbs, which he used to restore himself almost to a hundred percent.
After that he climbed onto the giant's hand that was still trapped in the stain glass floor. And started whacking away at it. But then the bottom point of the shield got caught in the muscular blackness. Ed tried to pry it free, but it was stuck tight in the velvety blackness, that was the creatures arm.
Then suddenly the giant raised its arm up, with Ed grabbing to his shield for dear life. The arm came to halt at the creature's chest, it was holding its arm out straight, and looking at Ed as if waiting for him to make the next move.
Wasting no time, Ed managed to finally pluck the shield out from the creatures arm. And then began to run along the arm like a sidewalk. The creature raised its arm up high in an attempt to shake Ed off. But Ed had developed momentum in his feet, which kept him moving straight along the arm. Suddenly he started to feel adrenaline going through his body. He could feel energy spiraling around him, and then his body started glowing. When he got to the elbow portion, he kicked off with the force of a rocket, and went flying shield in front straight into the creatures face. As he was sailing through the air, the energy he picked up before glowed and spiraled around him, like a tornado, and with the new force propelling him, he beamed the monster right between the eyes.
The force of Ed's blow knocked it down to its back. As it landed on its back with a thud, Ed landed on the ground on his ass. He stood up, his bottom sore, and the energy drained from his body. He stopped to rest thinking that the imminent danger had passed. Oh, how wrong he was. As he was just getting his bearings he found himself, shaded in the shadow of the giant that he thought he just felled.
Incredulous of what was before him he turned around to see the giant towering over him yet again. Despite his exhaustion, he assumed his stance, prepared for another round. Then something quite unanticipated happened, his shield disappeared with a flash. He tried calling it back, but it was no good. It was gone, he could feel it.
He looked up to find that the giant seemed much more intimidating, then when he first laid eyes on it. He backed away but somehow the fear he was experiencing made him trip. And as he fell, a pool of dark energy formed around him.
Then the voice from before spoke. “Darkness is eternal.” It said as the dark pool began to envelope him.
“But don't be afraid,” tendrils of the blackness had covered his limbs.
“You hold the mightiest weapon of all,” his torso was now almost completely covered.
“So don't forget,” it was beginning to cover his face.
“You will be the one to open the door; again.”
He sank into the darkness.
 
TBC