Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: The Next Generation ❯ Training in Twilight Station Pt. 3 Ignited ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own kingdom hearts, or any kh affiliates. And I do not make money off this in any way. Nor do I own any series that I affiliate with this fic as it progresses. Excreta, excreta, the same speal as always.
A/N: Yo, Vospader21 here. I know it's been like forever since I updated. Wari, Wari, (Japanese way of saying sorry, for those of you who don't know), but like I said long gaps between chapters. Anyway I don't know if any of you noticed but I changed the description of my story because I've thought up a whole new way better story line.
To my reviewer(s)
AnimePrincessInuLover: Thank you so much for leaving a review. Your review was what really gave me the drive to keep writing. And once again I am really sorry I haven't left a review on your own story. Get down on his knees and bows his head “gomen ne” (another Japanese form of saying sorry, for those of you who don't know.) It's just that I've been reading so many other fanfic's lately everything just sorta piled up. But I promise I'll get to it eventually. I'd promote your fic right here, but the problem is yours is a Naruto fic, this is the kingdom hearts section. People reading this fic will want to see more kh fics. Awww what the heck your story's too good for me to keep to myself.
Vospader21's recommended reading
Just a Joke, Right?: By AnimePrincessInuLover. If you're a Naruto fan and you're looking for a good laugh, then this is the fic for you. I tell you some the things in this fic, simply gold. Found on mediaminer.org
The Adventures of Kiko Fluffy Pants: By EtherealMutation. Meet Emily Tennenbaum, a girl just like you. She dreams of one day meeting her hero, Riku. Will she succeed? Probably. This story takes a person from the real world and throws her into the game. It's really entertaining give it a shot. Found on medimier.org
A/N: Anyway on with the story. The theme song is Ignited, by T.M Revolution. It's a Japanese song. There's a specific point in the story where you should play it. And of course I will indicate what that point is. Oh and one more thing, the thoughts of characters are put in Italics.
 
Ch.4Training in Twilight Station
Pt.3 Ignited
Previously: He scanned his surroundings and rushed to the nearest heartless. Destroying it with a quick three hit combo and as its body faded into smoke it left behind a handful of green orbs. “I know what these are, there hp orbs. If I pick them up they'll restore a bit of my health.”
He quickly picked them up grateful for the boost in health. Then he moved to the next two heartless and repeated the same process as before “reverse, raise, and smash,” he chanted this like some mantra. And then finally he cornered the last one. With just a slight hint of malice his voice he raised his shield and said “farewell spawn of darkness.”
And with that he brought his shield down and performed a four hit combo. As the heartless disappeared into a puff of smoke Ed felt a surge of power flow through him. A message in his head said level up. He was now at lvl.5. He could feel his maximum hp increase slightly and his strength had risen. Then the emotionless voice spoke again “excellently done.” Then Ed noticed that a staircase that seemed to be made of stain glass appeared, he examined it for a few seconds, and then the voice said “proceed”
And with that Ed moved toward it in a leisurely manner, confident that he could face whatever was lying beyond that staircase.
 
Now:
Ed walked up to the stain glass staircase and stopped to examine. It only went six steps up before stopping on a dark abyss of nothingness. He puts one foot on the first step, and at the end a seventh step, sparkles into existence. Ed began to walk up step by step, and as he did more and more pieces of the staircase appeared. On the nineteenth step he sensed something behind him was different. He turned around and saw that the first two steps had disappeared. “Well looks like there's no turning back now.”
He looked ahead and saw the faint outline of a large cylindrical structure that had a faint blue glow emanating from the top about ninety yards away. “Looks like it's gonna be a long walk.” And with that he charged forward.
(A/N: Cue the theme music) He went at a full sprint, and continued for what felt like hours, surprisingly Ed didn't feel tired. “It's weird I've never felt this kind of stamina before.” He continued onward, and he could see the structure getting closer and closer. However when he was halfway there a heartless appeared right in front of him. It dashed forward to strike, but Ed was too quick for it. He brought his shield down blocking it. Then he used his shield to knock the black imp to over the edge. It fell into the abyss disappearing completely. “Looks like I can use this narrow area to my advantage,” he thought smiling.
Then suddenly two more heartless appeared in front of him. As he raised his shield in preparation for their attack, a third heartless appeared on his left. He tried to take a step back, but as he did another two heartless appeared behind him. He tried stepping to the right, but as he did so his foot slipped of the step, causing him to momentarily lose his balance and almost fall over the edge. He was completely surrounded, on top of which there was no room to perform a reversal. “Looks like they can use this staircase to their advantage too.”
He started thinking of options. “Let's see it's five against one, no room for reversal, guess that means I'll just have to charge my way through.”
He got into a crouched position, and put the shield in front of his face. Then he focused his strength into his legs and kicked forward. Charging straight at one of the heartless that kept him from moving up. Said heartless was knocked to the side, and fell into the abyss.
He looked ahead to see that the steps yet again stopped at a dead end. It was obvious what he had to do. Ed turned around to face the remaining four heartless. They opened there mouths revealing their razor sharp teeth. And had a look that spelled hunger mixed with bloodlust in their beady yellow eyes. “Let's dance.”
He charged forward, and confronted the closest heartless. He knocked it into the air. Then jumped up into the air and brought his shield down on it. Smashing it down onto the crystal. And then the body disappeared in a puff of black smoke. As he landed another one struck him from the back. He turned around and bashed it to the side, but before he could go after it, a second one hit him in the side and a third leaped over the second fangs aimed for his head. Ed raised his shield in time to block the attack. Then he whacked heartless two to the side and kicked it over the edge.
He wasn't even given time to think out his next move, when the remaining two heartless swiped at him viciously with their paws. Then one of the imps bit him on the ankle. Causing him to lose his balance, and fall over the edge. But before he sank into the darkness his left hand grabbed onto the edge of the crystal step. Unfortunately he had lost his grip on his shield and it dropped into the black pit.
Ed peered over the edge; he could see the heartless standing idle. “Either they think I'm done for, or there only programmed to attack what's on the staircase.”
He grabbed on with his right hand, then inched his way over to the end. Once he was at the end he climbed up. Then he looked at the two imps. And they looked back at him. “How am I gonna beat them without a weapon.”
Then suddenly his shield flashed back into his right hand. “Well that was convenient.”
He got into his usual fighting stance. Then charged straight at his enemies. Somehow, he made short work of them with simple three and four-hit combos. After their bodies disappeared green hp orbs where left in their wake. Naturally, Ed picked them up, grateful for the boost in strength, but then he noticed a little black orb, just slightly bigger then a marble. Curious he picked it up and suddenly it was absorbed, and Ed felt a quick burst of pain come to in his hand, like a hundred needles just suddenly pricked it. Then the voice from before spoke up “be mindful not everything your enemies leave behind will be a treasure.”
“I'll keep that in mind” he responded.
Then he looked ahead, the remainder of the staircase started flashing into existence. And he dashed forward. Knocking aside any heartless that he crossed on his way. Eventually he made it to the platform.
He could see that it displayed an image of a women with blonde hair styled into a bun, wearing a blue dress. In the center of the platform there was a beam of light. He walked up to it, and the guide voice spoke again, “the closer you get to the light the stronger your shadow becomes.”
Behind his back Ed's shadow started to grow longer, then suddenly it rose from the ground and began to grow. Again sensing something was different he turned around, and saw a figure beginning to form. It initially had the blobby, vaguely humanoid appearance of the previous enemies, but as it rose, the inky blackness drips off of it gradually as it reforms into a more concrete form. The arms and legs gradually lose the excess substance to reveal them to look like some twisted mockery of the human form, with an angular shape to them. The legs end in some thin, folding triangles with paper like curls at the end. And the arms where that of a bodybuilder with huge four finger claws at the end. The head is surrounded by stray tendrils of a black hair-like substance. However its beady yellow eyes had the same look that spelled hunger mixed with bloodlust in them, as the other enemies. The primary focal point, however, was its midsection (or, rather, lack of one). Where its belly should have been its there was a gaping hole in the shape of a heart. With very smooth walls.
The creature drew back its fist and dark energy began to built up in it. Realizing what was coming Ed tried to move out of the way, but for some reason couldn't. He looked down to see that his feet where trapped in pool of purple-black energy. He held his shield up to his face. “Now I'm really glad I picked this thing,” he half-mumbled half-giggled to himself.
Then the creature launched its energy charged fist straight at Ed. “Too bad I still have the feeling that this is gonna hurt more than that black orb did”
 
 
 
TBC
-------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: Woo, looks like Ed's in a bit of a pickle. How should I get him out? I don't know that's why I stopped here. Anyhow I know this isn't going to be much of a shock to you but I may not be able to update for awhile. But this time it's for good reason, I'm going to India, and there's no guarantee that I'll have access to a computer. Another thing I should mention my description of the darkside heartless was inspired by EtherealMutation's description of it in her fic The Adventures of Kiko Fluffy Pants, I just put my own little twists on it.