Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: The Next Generation ❯ Training in Twilight Station Pt.2 Spawn of Darkness ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own kingdom hearts, or any kh affiliates. And I do not make money off this in any way. Yadayadayadayada the same speal as always.
A/N: Yo, Vospader21 here, I know I took like forever to update but hey I gave you all fair warning that there would be unbelievable long gaps between. Why? Because I update when I feel like it, that's why. Another thing I'm surprised at how short my chapters end up being, they all looked a lot longer when I was writing them. You'll notice that once again the rating has been changed, that's because there's a cuss word in here, if you have a problem with that then don't read any further, but if you don't have a problem, and you find it I'll give you a cookie. Now normally I take the time to write individual thank you notes for all who left a review. And of course now will be no exception.
Destenyne: Here's your bone. Of course there will be characters from new Disney movies. There I threw you bone, say hello to minny for me.
AnimePrincessInuLover: Thank you so much for your descriptive and well rounded review.
jonathon4321: How many times have I told you man, sex scenes are referred to as lemons here on the internet. And I told you already lemons won't be showing up for a good long while. You're all probably wondering where I get of talking to this guy as though I know him. Well that's because I do, he's a good friend of mine from school. But hey thanks for reviewing man. Oh and here's a little spoiler, one of my OC's that appear in the story eventually will be based on you.
A/N: Anyway on with the story.
 
Ch.3 Training in Twilight Station
Pt.2 Spawn of Darkness
Previously: Ed stepped down from the pedestal. When his feet made contact with the floor the shield from before appeared in his hand. The empty voice spoke “you have gained the power to fight.” Then suddenly a strange shadow zipped to the center of the platform six feet away from where Ed was standing. And it rose from floor until it was the size of a puppy dog. The creature had a round head with two thick antennae, two beady yellow eyes, and no mouth or perhaps it did have a mouth but no lips to show that it was there. It looked kind of like an imp, with short webbed hands and feet, and its body seemed to be composed out of the very essence of darkness itself. Ed and the creature locked gazes for few seconds. Then suddenly the impish figure sprang up, and leapt forward. While it was in midair a hole in its face opened to reveal a set of razor sharp fangs. “Looks like it had a mouth after all.” The creature zoomed forward fangs aimed straight for Ed's heart.
 
Now:
Ed raised his shield. The creature collided with it and bounced back, landing with a thud on the hard stain glass floor. Just as the creature got back on its feet, without even thinking Ed ran toward it and brought his shield down on the imp, smashing it. And as he did so the creature's body dissolved into a puff of purple-black smoke.
“What the fuck was that thing?” Ed yowled.
And once again the disembodied voice spoke “Heartless, the spawn of shadows, creatures who have been born from those who had lost their hearts to the darkness.”
“Heartless I've heard that name somewhere before.”
Suddenly five more strange shadows zipped onto the stage, and materialized into creatures identical to the one he destroyed earlier. Ed was completely surrounded, he scanned the stage for an opening but sadly found none. “Looks like I've gotta fight my way out.”
And with that he rushed to the closest heartless and prepared to bring his shield down on it. But just before it could make impact the heartless became a two-dimensional shadow, and zoomed out of the way. Said heartless reappeared right behind him and attacked. Tacking a portion of Ed's health. Ed responded by dealing a swift blow to the heartless's head, and knocking it a few feet away. But before Ed could rush in to perform a finishing combo, another heartless jumped up and struck him from the side, knocking poor Ed of his feet and putting him nearly at critical hp. He bounced back up as quickly as he could but unfortunately it wasn't quick enough as third heartless leaped up in front of him and scratched his face leaving him in critical state.
Then a fourth heartless came in to deliver the finishing blow, Ed raised his shield with such speed he surprised even himself, and knocked the heartless to the edge of the platform. “How did I do that,” he wondered.
But he wasn't given much time to think when two other heartless came in front of him. One came close and swiped at Ed with its paw, but then it stopped, time seemed to freeze and the voice spoke again, “sometimes an opponent's strong point is his weakest, a true warrior finds his enemies weakness and uses it against him, find your enemies weakness and react naturally.”
The heartless started moving again but in a very slow motion, an enemy's strong point can also be his weakness, find my enemies weakness, and react, what's this things strong point?” “Let's think its most damaging attacks came when it leaped and attacked from above, that's it if I could just dodge that overhead attack, maybe I can find an opening, but how?” Suddenly his mind went back to his spar with Sora, when. “That's right dad avoided my attack using that move he called a reaction command, what was its name?” Then unknowingly loudly he blurted out “REVERSAL.”
Suddenly he found himself sliding around the heartless, to its rear, leaving nothing but a faint sparkle trail. Then suddenly time and space returned to normal, and the heartless started moving again. The one in front of him seemed confused, wondering where its prey went. Taking advantage of its momentary confusion, Ed knocked it up into the air with his shield, and jumped up bringing his shield down on its impish frame, sending it plummeting to the ground. And then as Ed began to land, he raised his shield one last time and brought down and the heartless with as much strength as he could muster, destroying it. “One down four to go.”
Then another heartless came and leaped into the air. Just before it could take a bite out of what little remained of Ed's hp, he performed another reversal. And repeated the process of what he did to other one. “Make that three.”
He scanned his surroundings and rushed to the nearest heartless. Destroying it with a quick three hit combo and as its body faded into smoke it left behind a handful of green orbs. “I know what these are, there hp orbs. If I pick them up they'll restore a bit of my health.”
He quickly picked them up grateful for the boost in health. Then he moved to the next two heartless and repeated the same process as before “reverse, raise, and smash,” he chanted like some mantra. And then finally he cornered the last one. With just a slight hint malice he raised his shield and said “farewell spawn of darkness.”
And with that he brought his shield down and performed a four hit combo. As the heartless disappeared into a puff of smoke Ed felt a surge of power flow through him. A message in his head said level up. He was now at lvl.5. He could feel his maximum hp increase slightly and his strength had risen. Then the emotionless spoke again “excellently done.” Then Ed noticed that a staircase that seemed to be made of stain glass appeared, he examined it for a few seconds, and then the voice said “proceed”
And with that Ed moved toward it in a leisurely manner, confident that he could face whatever was lying beyond that staircase.
 
 
 
 
TBC
A/N: This was intended to be much longer. But circumstances forced me to cut it short. Shame to because I had a theme song worked out, but it only went with the part of this chap that I had to cut out till the next chapter. Oh, well I'll just bring it in, in the next chap. Until then please review. Oh and remember the next chap may not be coming for a long ass time. Some reviews may help me to write faster, I'm telling you I've got a whole note pad full of ideas. But if I'm seeing that no one's looking then I'm not gonna bother typing them down.