Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom of Hearts: Noble Nobody ❯ Chapter 1: Noble Nobody ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1: A Nobel Nobody
 
Rain poured down on the streets of Hollow Bastion, as the water ran down the sides of the buildings and formed puddles on the street a lone figure walked down the alley way. The figure's gray spiky hair was clinging fast to the sides of his head giving him a drooping sort of look. He was wearing a red sash around his neck the white tunic clung to his body from the exposure to the rain. As the figure continued his journey a light suddenly came on in a house across from him. The figure paused as if considering what to do and then suddenly bolted as if to make the decision before he could reconsider.
 
The figure reached the door and began to beat on it in the hopes that those inside would take pity upon him, he himself could no longer understand that word…
 
Suddenly the door opened up and in the light of the doorway Yuffie stepped out and looked around immediately spotting the young man. “What are you doing out here?” questioned Yuffie of the young boy, he looked to be only 15 or so. The boy did not reply and simply waited for the girl to continue her one sided conversation, “Well come on in, lets get you out of the rain.” Yuffie said this with a sigh as she stepped to the side and allowed the young man to come into the warm house.
 
“Hey Cid,” called out Yuffie as she stepped into the room where the pilot turned item shop owner was staying. Cid was hunched over the only computer within the house busily tapping away at the keyboard, the picture of an experimental Gummi ship was floating around on the screen in a 3-d model.
 
“What is it Yuffie?” spoke the toughened pilot in his usual gruff demeanor. “I found a kid wandering the streets. I think we should let him stay for the night, at least until the storm outside subsides.” At this statement Cid sighed and hit a few keys on the keyboard pausing the rotating model, “We don't run a orphanage here Yuffie tell the kid to take a hike.”
 
Yuffie then pouted and in her most sweet, girlish voice pleaded, “Oh pweease? I promise he won't do anything.” She then looked at the rough pilot with shiny eyes and clinched her hands together to emphasize her point. “Ugh, fine, just don't let him mess around with the computer, I'm doing something important.” “Oh thank you Cid!” said Yuffie with an almost unnecessary level of enthusiasm. “Hey kid, you can stay here!” cried Yuffie from the door causing Cid to wince from the loud ninja's shout.
 
“Hey Yuffie,” said Cid as he scratched the back of his head, “Could you do me a favor? I need to see the blueprints of the last few ships. I think there was some specs on the engine of the Ultima that I want to try and adapt to my design.” “Okay!” said the ninja brightly, “leave it to me!” With that Yuffie hurried off into the house, Cid sat back down at the computer and hit a button and the model unfroze. He then went back to typing on the computer trying out several models to check for speed and power.
 
 
~Meanwhile
 
Yuffie was walking toward the bookcase, as she did so she spotted the boy she let in, he hadn't moved from his spot from where he was minutes ago. “You know you can sit down if you want,” commented Yuffie with a smile. She then sighed when the kid just stared at her, “Cute kid, but not much of a conversationalist,” muttered Yuffie. She then turned back to her job of getting the blueprints. She brushed against the small fern that was just to the right of the bookcase as she reached for them. She had to stretch all the way up but managed to get her hands on the blueprints at the top of the bookcase.
 
“Got `em,” said the female ninja with a smile. As she turned around however she accidentally pushed up against the bookcase, it then tilted suddenly. Yuffie turned around just in time to see the bookcase begin to fall on her. She screamed as she threw up her hands in an effort to protect herself. Suddenly the boy threw out his hands causing the red scarf to fly away from his face revealing it for the first time…
 
Cid heard the scream from the inside of the computer room, breaking away from what he was doing he ran out to the hallway. “Yuffie!” he cried as he sped into the main room where Yuffie and the boy were located. When he got to the room he received the shock of his life, before him stood a scene he had never expected to find. Yuffie was lying on the floor, the blueprints scattered around her from where she had dropped them. Yuffie and Cid were staring in shock, the bookcase was being held up by several shoots running off from the fern next to the bookcase. The shoots were woven together to create a protective web preventing the books from falling on top of the girl ninja while at the same time stopping the bookcase from falling any further.
 
Cid then saw the kid holding his hands up, his eyes focused in concentration. Suddenly the bookcase began to right itself as the books were pushed back in their original places. Yuffie was still shaking from the near accident but Cid was more than a little shook up. He expressed his shock as per his usual manner of shouting at then nearest person to him….
 
“Just who the hell are you?” asked the pilot pointing at the young man. “My name is Leo Banes and I am a nobody,” explained the young man calmly. Then raising an eyebrow he asked, “Why, is that a problem?”
 
~a little while later
 
“Of course it is a problem,” sighed the young man. He was now currently bound to a wooden chair with several pieces of rope each was tied around his arms and legs preventing him from moving. “Alright,” said Cid in an interrogative fashion as he sat across from the young man. “If you are a nobody then that means that you are working for Organization XII, so tell us, what is the organization up to now?”
 
“I was never apart of Organization XIII,” explained the young man calmly. “I was offered a job in the organization by a guy named Ansem…or something like that. But I told the guy that I wasn't interested in joining the organization.” “And he let you go…I doubt it,” said Cid as he crossed his arms.
 
“Well at first he was quite persistent he kept telling me that if I followed him I could be able to get my heart back.” Explained Leo calmly, “But I told him that truthfully I had no interest whatsoever in getting back my heart. When he heard that he seemed to look at me strangely and then said something about the power of the heart or some crap like that. When I told him that I still wasn't interested in regaining my heart he told me that I was a fool and that if I ever changed my mind to come seek him out.”
 
Leo explained all of this to the two who now sat before him, he looked them both straight in the eye to make sure that they understood that he was not telling a lie. While he told his story the memories associated with it came into his mind but with no emotion attached to them it almost felt as if he was simply recalling an event that was separate from him or something that never really happened.
 
The two looked at each other questioningly, they had never heard of anyone who wanted to be rid of their heart before. Was the kid lying to them? But when they looked into the young man's eyes they could tell that he wasn't lying. “But, why wouldn't you want your heart back?” questioned Yuffie as she sat down next to the young boy and looked pityingly into his eyes.
 
The boy looked at the female ninja questioningly, “What does it matter? I no longer have a heart and there is no use taking it from someone else. Besides, I think that I am better off without it, things are kind of easier on me, I believe, without it.”
 
 
“You can't mean that!” said Yuffie in shock as she grabbed the boy's shirt forcing him to look directly into his eyes. The boy again looked questioningly at the girl even more confused at her outburst. “Why are you acting like that?” said the boy as he looked at the girl, “It's not like you really know me, why would you care so much about something that I don't even care about?”
 
“He's right,” said Cid as he took a puff off his cigarette, “it's not our business if the boy does or does not want his heart back.” “Cid!” said Yuffie a little hurt, “he should want to be himself again, I don't see why…”
 
Cid held up his hand, “the members of Organization XIII wanted to steal everyone's hearts in order to get back their own. At least this kid doesn't want to try and harm anyone, and if he doesn't want his own heart back it's not like we can force him to go look for it,” added the pilot as he began to walk away. “I gotta go and try and finish up those specs try and bring me the blueprints this time without causing an accident, if you can.” Spoke the pilot as he went back to the computer room causing the female ninja to blush in embarrassment.
 
“So do you guys believe me?” asked the young boy's emotionless voice. Yuffie sighed as she turned back around to face the young man, “I guess…” she stopped her sentence in surprise to see the young man standing before her rubbing his arms, the ropes were lying at his feet.
 
“How did you escape, those were the best knots I had!?” asked Yuffie pointing at the ropes. “Well ropes are made from dead plants and since I have the ability to control anything involving the earth,” explained Leo calmly as he fixed the young ninja with his brown eyes. “It isn't any problem at all to get the ropes to unwind themselves.”
 
Yuffie sighed and then found, despite herself, smiling at the young man. “Well, I suppose as long as you don't pull anything funny,” said the ninja as she leaned forward and held up her index finger causing the young man to look at her funny, “we can let you stay for the night.”
 
“Thank you,” said Leo with a smile, “I promise to be on my best behavior.”