Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ True Memory ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own KH… unless I become empress of the world… But until then… no.
 
THIS IS GOING TO BE THE LAST CHPATER IN THE STORY. I have to work on My Sora Problem before I go nuts.
 
This was supposed to be a one shot, but what the hell?
 
Warnings: Yaoi. The chapter is short. SPOILERS for those who haven't gotten towards the end of KH2. Um… I tweaked it a bit too.
 
Sora gazed down at the older man, tears coming to his eyes. Axel had just sacrificed himself for him by destroying the remaining Dusks. Sora didn't know why he was crying it was coming out, tear by tear, just like when he left Twilight Town to go see Master Yen Sid. He didn't know where that tear came from in Twilight Town, and now the same thing was happening. He only just met this man in Hollow Bastion after a confrontation with Saix. And this man… the one who he thought was just as bad as Xemnas and Saix, the one who he thought summoned the Dusks in the first place, was dying slowly in front of him. He was going to fade back into the Darkness. Nobodies were doomed to fade back into the Darkness… maybe Axel was different? He just sacrificed himself… wasn't that enough to fade into the light?
 
But no. He's a Nobody. A half of a person.
 
Axel watches Sora cry like a little boy who just lost his dog. Sora actually remembered in his heart, the feeling he felt when Axel was around. But not his mind. Namine made sure to erase those memories of the night they spent together about a year ago. Axel so desired for those memories to surface right now. But… Axel would be using Sora again, wouldn't he? He would use Sora to ease the pain that Axel held for Roxas. And Axel hated the idea to use Sora, because, in a way, Sora was Roxas and Roxas was Sora. So he would be hurting both. Roxas was his best friend and made him feel like he had a heart, but then again… so did Sora. Maybe it was because they were basically each other. Or maybe Axel just liked them both. Maybe, he loved both of them.
 
You made me feel like I had a heart.
 
“He always made me feel like I had a heart.” Axel stated as he started to fade. He recalled Roxas saying they would meet in the `next life.' Maybe this is what he meant?
 
“Huh?” Sora didn't quite catch what he meant by that, or where Axel was going by this.
 
“You make me feel like I have a heart.” Axel said more clearly, holding back tears. Sora looks surprised.
 
Axel lifts his hand up and opens another portal with the last of his strength. “You'll find Kairi through their, in the dungeon.” He gazes up at the boy and for the first time, since Twilight Town, he sees Roxas smiling down at him. Axel weakly grins back at him and fades back into darkness.
 
“Are you alright Sora?” Donald asks the young brunette. Goofy peaks at him from the back, concerned.
 
“Yeah, don't know where that came from.”
 
And as Sora begins to leave, he stops and turns his head. “Thank you, Axel.”
 
And… Don't forget…
 
You may not remember,
 
But one day, I kissed you,
 
And you kissed back
 
So I'll say the words that were never spoken,
 
In hopes that you will hear them,
 
I love you
 
And always will
 
~End~