Love Hina Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Care for... Revenge! ❯ “My Dreams… My Fears.” ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Care for… Revenge!
By Daniel Sargeant
Chapter One: “My Dreams… My Fears.”
 
[Disclaimer: I don't own Love Hina and I don't own Beyblade. I am not making profit off of this story and suing me would be pointless as I barely have anything of use to give to you. So please don't take what little I have. Thank you.]
 
“Ah!” Kai yelped as he shot out of the double bed. He slid his legs out of the duvet carefully and rested his elbows on his pyjama trousers as his wiped the sweat from his face. He was breathing heavily, thinking over that dreadful dream he just had. He checked his digital clock on his desk in the corner. The bright green light of the numbers showed it was seventeen minutes past five. Kai turned his head and listened to the sweet sound of his girlfriend breathing. She was so peaceful at night, it was incredible. It certainly was unusual that throughout her pregnancy, no one, not even her, considered the fact she might be pregnant. But it sure was amazing finding his first two daughters up there in that forest. They were beautiful then, and are even prettier now. In Kai's eyes, they looked exactly like Shinobu, only smaller. Kai stood and quietly walked over to the sleeping babies. They were so cute. Lillie was dressed in tiny, cute, fluffy, pink, full-suit pyjamas and Millie was in similar pyjamas only they were cyan. The two had fluffy Christmas-like hats to match. Lillie was lying on her back with her arms out by her head as Millie was lying on her side, sucking her thumb. Kai saw they looked somewhat cold. It was about the end of autumn and winter drew near. November the twenty-eighth. It had been about two years since the children's birth. They were born at four-fifteen on the twentieth of May. They were half a month early if you do the math. Shinobu and Kai made out one day before the Kai got arrested; two days later it was the seventh of September, when Shinobu began to feel the babies growing. But to her it was a stomach bug. Eight and a half months later she gave birth, which was the twentieth of May, if my calculations are correct. Kai is now seventeen and Shinobu is sixteen, young parents. Coming back to what happened before, Kai had woken from a dreadful dream. It was just a dream and perhaps he might be taking it a little seriously. Kai decided to try to sleep again. He gently kissed his daughters on their heads and crept back to bed. He slipped in next to Shinobu and carefully wrapped his arms around her, being careful not to wake her. He then drifted into a slumber, hoping never to dream his dream again.
 
It was a rainy night. A girl walked through the wet roads, scuffing her feet threw large puddles. Her legs bruised and her arms were wrapped in bandages. She had very short blue jean shorts on. She had white and blue trainers with the laces neatly bowed, but they were soaked and dirty. Above the shorts was a thick yellow vest with shoulder tip sleeves and a V-neck. It had two long strings coming out of the bottom of the V-neck. In side the neck was a locket that went around her neck. The shirt had four orange lines going around it, separated. The vest had two purposely-made holes in both sides allowing her developing breast to stick out halfway as if they were the bra. By the looks of things, this girl didn't like wearing bra's, as she didn't have one on. Her hair was blonde, short and spiky. Hair stuck out just everywhere, but was short for a girl. Her eyes were a cute brown and her face was neatly set out, making her extremely attractive. For some reason she had a tiny chick on her head. She was dragging her feet because she lacked the energy it took to lift them. Her eyes were half shut and sleepy as her hands were down to her sides, since she lacked the energy to lift them. She was bent forwards slightly as she continued to drag her feet. He belly ached and growl because she was very hungry. By the lack of energy and noise her stomach made, she mustn't have eaten in about four days. She was so out of energy, she couldn't walk straight and couldn't tell where she was walking. She was walking just in the road, so if a car came and didn't slow down it would catch her side and break her hip, depending on the speed. Speaking of cars, there was one coming complete with a caravan. It was an old mini with two friendly, old, city-folk. They were returning from a trip far away and were running a little late. Their lights shone on the girl and the old man suddenly, instinctively hit the break. They slowly crept along behind her, getting agitated as the beeped the horn. She stopped, as did they, she turned to look at them, but didn't get a chance as she fell backwards, collapsing. The two were extremely friendly and stopped. The old lady stepped out into the rain and ran over to the unconscious girl. The girl was lying on her back with her right arm up to her face and the other on the ground, bent off at the elbow facing in an acute angle. Her legs were bent off to her left of her body in an obtuse angle, with one leg going over the other. Her head was tilted to her right and was deep in a puddle. Her short hair flowing in the water. The old lady lifted the girl's head slightly out of the puddle and grabbed her left shoulder, kneeling down and resting the girl's head on her knees. She gently slapped the girls face to awaken her. The girl weekly opened her eyes and her belly growled. The old man got out of the car and ran over.
“Is she alright?” He asked.
“Poor thing, looks like either an abandoned girl or a runaway. But I don't think she has eaten in days. She is very week.” The old woman replied, attentively.
“Come on, let's get her in the car and take her home with us.” The old man suggested, using the kindness in his heart. He walked over and picked up the girl, who was too week to stay awake as her eyes fell shut once more and her body completely limb. The old man was able to lift her with a lot less effort than he first thought. She appeared to be a short fourteen-year-old girl and was very light. The woman pulled her seat forward and the old man rested the girl down on the back seat. He place one of her arms over her front and the other fell to the car floor. He lifted back out of the back and the woman put the seat back. The man ran over to his side of the car and got in as the old lady got into her side. They closed the doors and started up again. The old man began to drive again.
“What do you think happened to her, dear?” the old woman asked, abruptly.
“I don't know, but shall we keep her?” The old man replied with his question.
“You make it seem like she was a stray cat or dog, dear.” The woman answered.
“But it's better, she is a stray girl.” The man replied.
“Well, after she is better it'll be her choice.” The woman said. The two came to a stop at a bakery. They drove into a drive through alleyway and came into a large garage parking spot. They parked the car and caravan at the side of a wall. There were many smashed in cars around here, some which looked as if they were under repair. Around most of the busted, under-repair cars were toolboxes and a few rusting tools lying about. The old woman got out of the now stopped car, putting up an umbrella. The old man got out from his side and pulled his seat forward as he climbed into the back to lift the slightly conscious girl. He lifted her neck with one arm, which went down her back, and the other lifted her legs. She was safely lifted from the back seat tightly into the old mans arms. The old woman came over with her umbrella. She held it over the old man and soaked girl. The old folk hastily ran inside.
 
Inside the building, the girl smelt a sweet sent that went across the room. It was a natural sent of a bakery, after having so much bread and things made here. The old man took the young teenager into the living room where she was placed on a cushiony settee; the old woman prepared a small feast for the girl. She was trying to keep awake, but the fact she had little to no energy and was up all night already made it hard. The old man walked out of the room and came back inside with a blanket and towel. He covered her up to her shoulder with the blanket and left the towel on the table. The girl was too week to even move the covers to suit her and make herself feel comfortable, the warmth of the settee had already given her more than she needed. The old woman came back in with a sandwich.
“Here you go, dear. This should do you for now.” She spoke to her. She stood up and the two old people stared down as the sweet thing struggled to open her eyes. The old lady spoke again.
“Try to eat and rest. We are going to bed, we hope you feel better soon.” She told her. She and her husband then went to hit the sack. What a night. When they were gone, the girl struggled to sit up. She weekly lifted her hand and pulled out the locket from in between her breasts and opened it. There were two pictures. One was of a little shorthaired blond girl and a slightly bigger, blue spiky haired boy, and the other was of just the boy. The girl closed the locket and held it in her hands, holding it over her heart as she closed her eyes and blushed deeply. She reached out to the jam sandwich lying on the plate on the table. She ate the whole thing, regaining a bit of energy, but felt very tired. She felt very wet and it was annoying. She noticed the towel she'd forgotten about. She picked it up and removed most of her clothing, in fact, now got rid of everything except the one thing that wasn't wet, her panties. She threw the rest of it on the floor, next to the door and used the towel to dry herself over. She felt a little better and stronger because of the food, but she still felt somewhat weak. After drying herself she got back on the sofa and covered herself, falling into a sweet sleep.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Kai…” Called a little girl, with short blonde hair. She had a pink ribbon around her neck; she had a pink dress on with pink sandals. She was running towards a boy with blue spiky hair. He was wearing a black shirt and blue jean tracksuit with a red belt and red buckles at the ankles. He had Black trainers and two red elbow length gloves with cool spikes at the elbows. He also had on a black collar with the number four-hundred-sixty-five on it. The girl also had one of these, but her number was seven-hundred-ninety-nine. He had blue triangle face paint too. They were in a large dome, forced in by tall men with spears, like being sent to the lions. The little girl jumped into Kai's arms and he held on to her tightly. The two were very scared, although Kai put on a tough face. A man was on a high balcony. He had awkward goggles on and purple hair in a black suit with a trench coat. He had his hand behind him. He spoke coldly to the children inside the dome.
“You two have broken our most deadly law. You will need to be severely punished.” He roared at them.
“Kai…” The girl asked, fearfully. “What is Boris going to do to us?” she cried.
“Boris! I don't care what you do to me! Just leave Miki alone!” Kai yelled at the purple haired man. (Authors notes: Miki is pronounced Me-Key, not Mickey.)
“You will both suffer.” Boris yelled back. Three black ninja fell from the roof. Kai readied himself for punishment. He stood in front of Miki and she held tightly onto his shirt. The ninja jumped and drew large sticks. They came back down and smacked Kai around. One went for Miki but Kai got in the way and took the full pelt of the blow. Every time one went for Miki, Kai intervened and took the force of the stick. No matter how many times the ninja attack the shaking girl, Kai always got in the way. His face flowing with blood, him screaming at every assault. Boris lifted his hand and the ninja all disappeared into the darkness. Kai fell to the ground, beaten and battered. Miki ran over to him and cuddled him crying.
“Kai… Kai…” She cried. Boris disappeared into the room behind him. Miki looked up to the balcony and then back to the panting Kai. She cuddled up to his chest.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kai shot up again. The same dream went through his mind. He sat around like last time. He looked at the window; the curtain was closed but light shone in through the crack. He stood and wiped his face. He looked behind him to see Shinobu had already gotten up and the twins were awake too. Kai walked over to the window and opened the curtains allowing the light to boom in. He walked over to the dresser and pulled it open, inside were all his cool clothes and his school uniform. He was still in school in the same year as Shinobu. His birthday is very close to the new start so he always seems a year older than Shinobu, but in truth he is only a few months older. Kai changed into the male school uniform. He walked out of the room and down the stairs. The two still lived in the Hinata apartment. Only Kai never had to guard the springs again, since he and Keitaro were the only boys now in the apartment, much to the dislike of Motoko. Kai walked into the front room. Naru was watching the news on the television.
“And Tyson takes the title for the sixth year running. This is amazing, as no one has kept the title this long. The White Tiger Oblivion nearly took down the five year running champ, but Tyson managed to overcome the odds once again.” The reporter said.
“That damn pervert!” Naru cursed. “He doesn't deserve to be named official champion. He should be shot like all the other perves.” Kai laughed as he heard this. Naru looked at him. “What?” She asked. Kai didn't reply, he just laughed as he walked into the kitchen. Shinobu was cooking up breakfast as Lillie and Millie tackled each other for a stuffed bunny. Kai walked over to his children and picked the both up in his muscular arms. He kissed them both on their foreheads.
“How are my cupcakes today.” He asked them, they just smiled, grabbing his face and teasing. He pulled them closer together and tickled them with his fingers. The two were very ticklish as they squirmed to escape the torture they were giggling at. Shinobu turned to face Kai.
“What…” She started. “No good morning sweetie for me.” She teased. Kai put his kids back down and they acted like he never touched them as the squabbled over the bunny again. Kai walked over to Shinobu and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her.
“Good morning sweetie.” He said to her. She blushed and giggled.
“I made you an omelette.” She said. Kai let her go.
“Great.” He said. “What about you?” he asked.
“The same.” She replied. Kai walked over to the table and waited. Shinobu brought over two plates with omelettes on them. She gave on to Kai, who rested in front of him on the table and then Shinobu sat down. “So…” She started as she began to eat the omelette. “What were you dreaming about?” She asked him.
“Well, I was being attacked. I think it was a memory mixed in with a bad dream. It was that mask guy; you know the one who attacked the apartment two years ago. I was fighting him and I was stabbed through. After that I woke up.” Kai explained as he started eating. “For some reason, I can't help but think I've met this person before.” Shinobu looked up at Kai.
“Well, perhaps you might. But try not to dwell on it too much. We don't want you wetting the bed now, do we?” Shinobu joked.
“Hey, what's that supposed to mean?” Kai asked. Shinobu just giggled. The two finished their food and Shinobu took the plates and washed them. Kai in the meantime picked up his daughters and carried them into the living room. Mitsune came over to great them.
“Well, it's the lil' muffin's. They are jus' so cute.” She said. Kai walked past her.
“Sorry, Mitsune. But you'll have to play with them later on. I've got to take them to Haruka.” Kai said. Shinobu walked out, wiping her hands dry with a towel.
“Mitsune.” She said. “Everyone's food is on the table. Go and eat before it gets cold.” She suggested. Mitsune tapped her growling stomach.
“Great, I'm starvin'” Mitsune said. Naru got up and went into the dining room. Kai and Shinobu put the twins in the prams in the corridor. After strapping the fidgeting girls in, they pushed them out of the door and towards Haruka's place. Inside they pushed the prams in.
“Hello… Haruka?” Shinobu called. Haruka came our from behind a door.
“Is it that time already?” She asked.
“Afraid so.” Shinobu smiled, closing her eyes.
“Well, you better get off to school. I'll take care of these two.” Haruka said.
“Thank you, Haruka.” Shinobu said as she and Kai walked off.
 
“Well, we would be honoured to have you stay with us.” The old lady said. “I am called Julia and this is my husband Graham.” She finished. “We have always dream of having our own children, but I couldn't reproduce.” She said.
“Why didn't you adopt?” The girl asked.
“Because we couldn't find the perfect child.” Julia replied.
“But you're different. You are everything we wanted.” Graham said.
“How do you know? I could be a right brat.” The girl replied.
“Well, we didn't sense that. We could be wrong, but we don't think you the brat type. Will you live with us? Or do you have a home to go to?” Julia asked.
“Actually, I've walked for a long time. I really don't have anywhere to go. I came here because I heard my brother was here. But I haven't seen him since I was six years old. I really miss him.” The girl said. “I would like to live here, you people are so nice. You're almost like my grandparents. Only my real grandfather, Voltaire, was a complete and total jerk, me and my brother were tortured beyond torture. We were used as tools.” She explained to them.
“Well, what is your name?” Julia asked.
“Miki.” The girl smiled. “My name is Miki.” She closed her eyes. “I would like to go to the school here.” Miki said.
“Sure, we can go now and get it all arranged.” Julia replied. Miki stood up. Growl. Miki giggled, nervously with her eyes closed, scratching the back of her head. “After breakfast.” Julia joked.
 
“Sir, the machine is operational.” A man in a large laboratory.
“Excellent… does it contain the proper materials?” The purple haired man asked.
“Yes, sir.” The worker replied.
“Very good. Now all that is required is the second step of my plan and Kai's head will be mine.” The purple haired man began laughing manically.
 
“Yes, is that alright?” Julia asked. She was arranging the details. The school was rather direct as they let Miki in that day, even if she didn't have a uniform.
“It's so cool. I might be able to meet my brother again.” Miki giggled. She was in the same clothes as the previous night; they were her only and most favourite of all. Graham laughed.
“I hope he as nice as you.” He said. Miki blushed.
“Um… Graham…” She started shyly.
“Please, call me grandfather or something. We are nearly family after all.” Graham joked.
“Well, `grandpa,' I was wondering…” Miki was now a thin shade of red.
“What is it?” Graham asked.
“Oh, nothing… it's too embarrassing.” Miki said as she stuck her tongue out a bit.
“If you say so.” Graham laughed again. Julia came back over.
“It's all set. You teacher will be here to claim you soon.” She said. “You're sixteen right?” Julia asked.
“Uh-huh.” Miki replied.
“That's good then.” Julia said. “We will go home and wait for your return okay.” Julia said, stroking the side of Miki's face.
“Oh… okay.” Miki said. The old couple left, saying their farewells. Miki sat on a cushiony chair, waiting anxiously for her new teacher. She kicked her feet back and forth at different times, not together. A man with glasses and short black hair in a brown suit with a briefcase walked through the door and began speaking to the woman at reception. The woman pointed at Miki and the man nodded. He then walked over to Miki.
“Miss Miki, I presume?” He said.
“Yes, Miki Hiwatari. Very glad to meet you Mr…” Miki said.
“Tanaka.” He replied. (Sonic X… just kidding.) “Are you a relative of Kai Hiwatari?” Tanaka asked.
“…Yes…” Miki replied.
“Ah, then I am honoured to meet a relative of a living legend.” Tanaka said reaching his hand out to her. She reacted by smiling and shaking his hand.
 
Kai was sat next to the window of his classroom. Shinobu was sat next to him. Some girls walked up to Shinobu.
“So, Shinobu. How are your twins?” they asked, smirking.
“They're fine.” Shinobu replied, hesitantly. The three girls were about to bully Shinobu about it until Kai spoke up.
“Say any sarcastic remarks about my girls and I will have no option other than to hurt you, and I don't give a damn if you are girls.” He said, harshly. The girls didn't want to mess with Kai so the just left, hoping to catch Shinobu on her own later. Mr Tanaka walked in alone; he put his case on the desk and cleared his throat.
“Class. We have a new student today. Come in.” He said. Miki walked in and bowed.
“Hello.” She said. She stood upright and Kai looked towards her. Something about her caught his eye. He then focused and concentrated.
“Uh… Miki…” He said. Miki looked over to him.
“Kai!” She called in delight. Kai stood up and ran over to her. Miki jumped at him and wrapped her arms around his neck. “OH!!! I missed you so much!” She cried. Kai wrapped his arms around her for a family hug, but Miki was blushing deeply. Of cause no one else knew it was a family thing, not even Shinobu, who was getting a little jealous. Kai let go of Miki and Miki let go of Kai. She pecked him on the lips very quickly and let out an enormous blush, which was rather visible. Kai was used to this. He turned to the class.
“She's my sister.” He said. Shinobu relaxed. Tanaka looked at the two of them.
“Okay, Miki can take a seat next to Kai and Shinobu. Go to your seats. The class is about to begin.” He said. Kai led Miki to the back of the room. Miki sat next to Shinobu. Miki looked at her.
“Hi.” She said, happily. “Who're you?” She asked happily.
“I'm Shinobu Maehara. I'm Kai's girlfriend.” Shinobu said, blushing. Miki's face changed and she put a frown on.
“H… His… girlfriend?” She asked worriedly.
“Yes… and the mother… of his children.” Shinobu added.
“Ch… Children… Kai's a daddy?” Miki asked, getting very worried. `Is this some kind of sick joke?' She thought to herself.
“Yeah.” Kai said. “You can come and visit them. I'm sure they might like to see their step-auntie.” He smiled.
“Step?” Shinobu asked.
“Yeah… we're not related by bloodline. We related through marriage.” Kai replied. Miki just stayed quiet and started to twiddle her thumbs. She looked as if she was trying not to cry.
The class went on like normal. Later on that day, school was over and everyone went home. At the gates of the school Miki was talking with Kai and Shinobu.
“Well… I guess… I'll see you tomorrow.” Miki said.
“Yeah, probably.” Shinobu joked. Miki was about to run off, but Kai grabbed her shoulder.
“Wait a minute. Miki, can I talk to you?” he asked.
“Uh… yeah, sure.” Miki said.
“Shinobu… can you leave us, I'll meet you at home.” Kai asked.
“Okay.” Shinobu replied. She then walked off.
“Miki… how did you… I thought you were dead.” Kai said.
“Really… how come?” Miki asked.
“It's just that day, when Boris threw you into… into that pool of sharks. I saw you… I saw you get torn to shreds and eaten alive.” Kai said shaking, not really wanting to remember.
“Actually… I was thrown in… but the sharks left me alone. What you saw was a graphically enhanced video clip. The sharks didn't touch me.” Miki said.
“Miki… I saw you… getting shy all of a sudden when Shinobu told you she was my girlfriend and that I have twins. Why? Why did you shy up all of a sudden?” Kai asked.
“Well…” Miki started shyly. She got on tiptoes up to Kai's ear and whispered something. Kai was shocked. Miki then ran off. Kai stood there for a while. Miki slowed her pace as Kai became out of sight and she began walking. She started sniffling a bit, tears watering up. She then fell to her knees, crying hard.