Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Love Hina: Punishment ❯ Life's Hard ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Punishment.

A/N: as always I do not own Love Hina or its characters, only Ken Akamatsu doesn.

*side note* man, time does sure fly by when your not having any fun, or is that, are having fun. well...nevermind, anyway I am sorry for not udating in so long. with work and all its been kind of crazy, so bare with me on this ok guys.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------

It is often said that family is the only true thing that a person has to look forward to in their lives.

But alas, that is NOT to be with Keitaro.

Ever since that fateful day 15 years ago, he hasn’t seen or heard anything from his estranged older brother. Although it did sadden Keitaro to hear that Haruka hadn’t heard from her younger nephew, it did not, by any means stop him from doing what was asked of him by his grandmother: taking care of the Hinata-sou.

The next day seemed to be almost the same as the one before it.

Well, with the rather obvious exception of Keitaro now owning an entire all-girls dormitory.

He awoke to the sounds of women arguing; now, normally he would pay no heed to this… but he was sure he heard his name being mentioned, so he assumed that it was about him. Wanting to know what that was all about, Keitaro got up, dressed himself and then headed down the flight of stairs.

The sight that greeted him was surprising to say the least: Haruka was just sitting on the common room sofa with a bored expression on her face as Naru was standing over her, screaming her lungs out about the “unfairness of having a pervert as the owner and manager of an all-girls dorm”

After a few more minutes of Naru be-rating her Nephew, Haruka finally decided that it was time to say something.

“Naru, do me a favor will you?” Haruka's gaze did not change in the slightest, and it effectively confused Naru.

“What?” Naru growled as she crossed her arms over her very generous breasts; her confussion now dissipating and taking the form of annoyance at being cut-off.

“SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH!” Haruka suddenly boomed and her expression was set in a hardened manner, which basically left no more room for argument.

Naru was stunned, alright. Haruka just told her to shut up. Needless to say, the fiery brunette was angry. Angry at the fact that it seemed that everyone was against her… with the exception of her fellow Pervert-Basher, Motoko Aoyama, who was in a training journey at the moment.

And then a sudden inspiration struck her.

‘That’s right…! Motoko-chan! I’m SURE she will help me get rid of this…this PERVERT!’ she marveled at her own intelligence, but in reality she turned to Haruka and said. “Fine, Haruka-san… I'll shut up. For now.” And with that, the younger woman turned on her heel and walked back up the stairs and into her room.

Once there, she began plotting to get rid of Keitaro.

‘Hmm…I don't like this. Not one bit’ Haruka thought as she watched Naru stomp back up the stairs.

Keitaro had by this time, and before Naru finished talking and stomped back up the stairs, quietly moved to the other side of the common room, and around another corner so to hide himself so he could eavesdrop. He knew for a fact that this Narusegawa girl was going to do everything in her power to make his life a living hell.

And for the life of him, he couldn’t figure out WHY she was in some kind of vendetta against him. But he would be damned if he just lied down and took all that.

‘Alright. She asked for it! She wants a fight, I’ll give her one…’ he silently mused to himself.

“Keitaro... Keitaro! Hey are you in there?” Haruka had gotten up to head out and get ready for the morning rush at her café, when she noticed her nephew standing and leaning against a wall with a glazed look in his eyes. So she started calling his name in hopes of snapping him out of his trance like state.

“...huh? What? Yeah, I'm here” he finally said after Haruka started snapping her fingers on his face.

“Aha. Yeah…sure you were, kid. Now, can I know what were you doing just standing here? And why did you have such a far away look on your face…?” she asked him.

“Oh, well… Narusegawa's screaming woke me up and well… I figured it was about me. So I thought I would come down and listen.” he said in a matter of fact tone.

“So I take it you heard everything then…” it wasn’t an actual question but Keitaro answered anyway.

“Yeah I did. I know that girl is planning something. I just don't know what.” he said while tapping his chin.

“If I were you, I’d watch my back dear nephew. Naru can be…over zealous at times.” with a wave of her hand Haruka strode off towards her tea shop, leaving Keitaro to his own thoughts on what was going to happen.
--------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------
Lunch time.

The day had gone on without any more problems.

Naru for her part had stayed up in her room not showing her face unless she had to use the bathroom and the sorts. Mitsune, as usual was just getting up with her typical hangover to boot. Su was up and running around as she usually did, but this time she found a new playmate. That being one Keitaro Urashima.

And boy was he glad that he had taken up some weight lifting classes in high school! Because when Su jumped on you… you FELT it! Haruka was still in her tea shop doing whatever it was she did between the morning and lunch rushes. Keitaro himself was in his office reading up on all the tenants that currently lived in the Hinata-sou. Suddenly, the door bell rang. Keitaro resigned himself to get up and greet whoever it was at the door.

Upon opening it, he received a shock: There stood the same blue-haired girl from the previous day and in her hands was the sketch book he had dropped in his haste to run away from the embarrassing scene he had gotten himself into with her.

The girl her self was standing there waiting for him to acknowledge her, but the shocked expression on his face told her he was not about to say anything anytime soon. So she decided to break the ice, so to speak.

“Umm… H-Hello. My name is Shinobu Meahara, and I believe you dropped this yesterday.” Shinobu said shyly while holding out the sketch book, and to Keitaro's suprise, he did not see any anger in her features as she spoke. So he reached out and gently took the book from her outstretched hands.

“O-Oh! Where are my manners? I’m Keitaro Urashima, the owner and manager of the all-girls dorm, the Hinata Inn. Would you like to come in…?” he said politely; his cheeks turning a shade of pink in embarrassment.

“Oh no! I-I couldn't. I don't want to bother you…” she said with her hands behind her back and her head down, making it look like her shoes were the most interesting thing in the world to look at.

“Well, Meahara-san, you would, in NO way be a bother. Please, I insist that I at least get you a cup of tea to thank you for bringing back my book here.” Keitaro put on his best smile… and to the young bluenette it looked like the most beautiful thing she had ever seen, and it made her heart flutter at just seeing it.

A nod was her only response to him, so Keitaro guided her in and closed the door behind them. He led her to the dinning room area and told her to have a seat and wait while he prepared their drinks.

As he stood there waiting for the water to warm up enough so he could serve the tea at a proper temperature, he couldn’t help but think back at when he had first saw Shinobu and how she was sitting on the bench crying her heart out… or at least that’s what it looked like to him.

The water was ready and he gathered together two cups and the tea pot and headed back into the dinning room.

“Here you go. Now please, bare in mind I am NOT the world’s greatest tea maker” he said with a chuckle as he handed her a cup and filled it.

“Thank you very much.” was all she said before she took a sip. Granted, there was definitely room for improvement for him, but it wasn’t all that bad, Shinobu surmised. “It’s quite good, actually” Shinobu gave him a shy smile as she said that.

“Well, thank you Meahara-san. I’m glad that I could please you.” he shot her another one of his smiles, to which in turn made Shinobu's heart flutter once again, besides from getting her cheeks to flush a healthy shade of pink..

“It’s just Shinobu, Urashima-san.” she gave him the honor-fic since he was in fact her elder.

“And the same goes for you Shinobu-chan. It’s just Keitaro-sempai, if you wish. I think Urashima-san makes me seem…err… I don't know. Old or something.” just then he got a thoughtful look on his face. ‘Oh! NOW I know how Haruka feels when I call her aunt…heh go figure.’ he laughed a little at that thought, or it’s irony at least.

Shinobu turned to face him when she heard him laugh…

And to her, it sounded like a beautiful melody being played just for her. Shinobu turned away trying to hide the blush that crept up on her pale face, due to the thoughts of a man she had just formally met not even ten minutes earlier.

But she couldn't help it. And while she was turned away, said young man was doing his best to get her attention.

“Umm… Shinobu-chan, are you ok…?” the concern in his voice was evident as he tried a few times. Finally, she turned and looked at him as if just noticing him for the first time. Shaking her head, she finally answered him.

“Uh, y-yes. I'm fine! Just thinking, that’s all” she said in such a quiet tone, that Keitaro had to nearly lean in over the table to hear it.

“Oh, Ok. I understand. Hmmm…There is something that I kind of want to ask you, if that’s ok with you.” he looked hopeful for her to give him permission.

“Yeah, it’s fine. W-What is it?” she replied while, for some unknown reason to her, her heart started to beat faster than before.

“Thanks. Now, I wanted to ask you about yesterday. I’d like to know just why were you sitting on that bench, crying like you were?” he chided himself for being a bit…tactless on his approach.

Shinobu just sat there, staring at him, trying to figure out the best way to reply. She then saw his fall, thinking he had done something wrong by asking.

“Well, you see Keitaro-sempai…I-I was crying because…m-my parents are getting a d-di-divorce” the young girl choked out those last words as fresh, crystalline tears began to roll down her pale cheeks. That thought was hard for her, and she knew it was wrong to cry in front of someone she had just met, but…she just couldn’t bring herself to stop now.

“Oh, man…Hey, look. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you.” Keitaro got up from his seat and sat right next to the now sobbing young girl. He placed his hand on her shoulder, not knowing what else to do.

“I'm sure everything will be alright in the end.” It was such a cliché. He knew it sounded like a load of crap, but he couldn't really find anything else to say to help comfort the distraught girl.

A little while later, Shinobu calmed down. She looked up at Keitaro and again she could feel her heart beat a little faster at his attempt to make her feel better. That’s when an idea hit her.

“Keitaro-sempai, I was wondering if…anno…If I could ask something from you…?” Keitaro was a bit taken aback by the abruptness of the subject change.

“Umm, sure…what can I do for you?” he asked her.

“As I just told you…my parents are getting d-divorced, and I don’t want to be taken away from school, and well…I was w-wondering if I-I could…s-stay here!” Shinobu asked with her hands joined together over her chest. Keitaro blinked twice in confusion. She went on. “I-I know what you are thinking, Keitaro-sempai. Really, I don’t…I don’t have a lot of money, b-but I can pay my expenses here by cooking and doing other chores around this place!” for the second time in less than a minute, Keitaro was taken aback.

He had expected her to probably ask him to escort her home, or maybe for him to call a taxi… but never something like this! However, as he thought about it…with her parents getting a divorce, and no matter what parent she went to, Shinobu would most likely be pulled out from her current school and be forced to start all over. And with that, he could sympathize with. So, with his mind made up, he stood up.

“Meahara, Shinobu-chan. It would be an honor if you would grace the Hinata-sou with your presence.” he said while extending his hand out to her and an honest smile.

Shinobu looked at the outstretched hand, and was about to shake it… when before she could stop, she flung herself at Keitaro and enveloped him into a bone crunching hug. Well, it wasn’t so much compared to Su’s normal hugs, but it was strong, anyway.

And THAT’S when Naru decided to walk into the room, and upon seeing the Inn’s manager hugging a much younger girl than him, she automatically assumed he was doing something perverted. And it was her duty to dispense justice!

“DAMN IT! I KNEW IT! YOU'RE A PERVERT!” and with her patented battle cry she reared back her fist and launched one of her most powerful, patented punches at Keitaro. However, just as her fist was about to reach it’s target, the young man’s hand came out of nowhere and caught the offending limb.

Naru was shocked, alright. No-one, and I mean NO-ONE had EVER caught her fist.

Keitaro looked her dead in the eye and pulling her fist towards him, faced her and spoke.

“You could have hurt Shinobu-chan here if that punch of yours had connected” he hissed through gritted teeth and with enough force, he squeezed Naru’s fist, making her wince and fall to one knee. He then continued. “I think it’s about time are taught a lesson!”

And with that, he let go off Shinobu and with a strong tug on Naru’s arm, yanked her over his knee and a second later, tears of absolute rage and shame rushed down her eyes.

Keitaro used his free hand to spank her.
------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------
Somewhere in Tokyo Japan.

Inside of a warehouse that stood along side the Tokyo Bay waterfront, were two men that could be seen having a heated discussion.

The first man was dressed in a black pinstriped suit with a red tie and underlying white shirt. His hair slicked back and he was clearly of Japanese descent. The other man was wearing what looked to be casual clothes that consisted of black demin jeans and a black wife beater type tank top. To top it al off his hair was also slicked back although slightly longer than that of the other man's that accompanied him in the warehouse. He had a very muscular look about him, and was of American descent.

Now, as I had said earlier, the two men were in the midst of a heated argument.

“I told you yesterday. I wouldn’t be able to get the cars in that short of a time frame! Can I help it if your boss is a complete idiot…?” the American said in fluent Japanese.

“And YOU were told yesterday that you did NOT have a choice but to get the cars that were specified.” the Japanese countered.

“HOW many times do I have to tell you people, before you start to listen to me! NO-ONE tells ME what to do. Now, when I say I can't do it, that means I CAN’T do it. And if your boss has a problem with that, then he can just come to me personally and settle this” the American’s voice was beginning to rise.

“Then, maybe I should get down to the second part of my business here. My boss has sent me here not only to inform you of his displeasure at the failure of your task, but also for me to give you a personal message”

With that, the Japanese reached into his jacket and pulled out a silver-plated .40 S&W caliber FN Forty-Nine semi-automatic handgun, aiming it with one hand. With a grin, the Japanese man spoke.

“He wants me to tell you that… your services will no longer be required” he pulled back the hammer, preparing to fire. But before he could pull the trigger, the American spoke up calmly, with raised eyebrows and his hands behind his back.

“You know? I don't think that you really want to do this” he said in a nearly casual tone.

“Oh! And WHY is that?” the Japanese asked with a mug grin and a quirked eyebrow.

“Because… it could be bad for your health” the Japanese man let out a sharp bark of laughter.

“HA! Yeah, very freaking funny till the end I see. Good bye, Mr. Urashima”

At that moment, the American called Mr. Urashima suddenly sprinted towards the gun-wielder, and before he could fire, the American knocked the gun out of his hand, by bringing his left hand down on the other man’s elbow and grabbing his wrist, applying pressure on both articulations, and with a sickening crunching sound, he effectively broke the Japanese man's forearm.

As the Japanese cried out in pain, Urashima back up slightly and delivered a swift kick to the man’s head, knocking him down to the ground along with a few of his own teeth. Urashima then jumped onto the man, grabbing his unbroken arm and pulling it towards the air as he placed his knee directly onto the Japanese’s throat.

“I warned you. Don’t. Screw. With. Me!” he growled, slowly and deliberately forcing the other man’s arm into an inhuman angle with each word. “Oh! And another thing: don’t EVER call me Mr. Urashima. To all of you, I am Syfer” at the end of that sentence, he just drove his knee into the Japanese’s throat and a loud CRACK! was heard as “Syfer” snapped the man’s neck.

He got from his kneeling position and scanned his surroundings, looking for any “surprises” that might spring forth. None came, so he took the briefcase the now dead Japanese man had brought with him. “Syfer” picked the locks and opened it up. He raised an eyebrow.

“Shit…” he cursed. Several stacks of yen, names, addresses and photos of his closest relatives, and finally, orders for his “termination” and that of the people in the photographs. He fixed his eyes on the photo of a young man with dark brown hair and dorky-looking glasses. ‘Hey there, baby brother. long time no see' he thought as he looked at the picture.

“Shit…and here I thought I’d left all my old life behind…go figure. Looks like I can never truly get away.” He spoke to himself as he closed the briefcase and took it along with, walking away off, leaving the dead Japanese behind.
--------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------
A/N: well another chapter written, I hope you guys didn't forget about me in my time away from writing. I also don't want to forget to thank Major Mike Powell III for being an awesome beta-reader, as with without him I couldn't do as good I do. on and look for one my old stories to resurface soon, that would be Love Hina: Can It Be, its going to be rewritten so that I can give you a better reading experience. again my beta-reader will be helping me with my re-write. don't forget R and R.