Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Knights Legacy ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Narrative by Seki
**Last year my grandmothers Umi and Hikaru told me a story. Their own story of Cephiro. Most kids would disbelieve their grandparents if they told such a incredible story but I was never sure if it was fact or fiction... However, there are times when people should be taken seriously.**
Seki barely had time to cry out before the light faded and his world along with it. Tokyo was replaced by a world with large mountains, green forests, and an ocean that seemed to be taken right out of a fairy tale. He was almost to the point of fainting when he crashed into a mess of greenish-brown feathers.
"Now what...?" Seki moaned. Looking around he saw his brother Jin and his young freind Nanase land right next to him.
"Jin, Nanase! Are you two OK?" Seki asked finally finding his voice after a moment of stunned silence.
The two nodded, both pale and understandably terrified.
"Oh no..." Nanase moaned.
Jin turned to her and screamed in her face, "What? Did you just notice something is wrong?!"
Nanase frowned and said, "No but things did just get worse. Ayane is here." Nanse pointed across the back of the creature (which appeared to be a bird) to reveal Ayane. The back of the creature was so large that they hadn't noticed when Ayane had landed on the other side of the bird-like animal.
'Ohhh boy...' Seki thought noticing his brothers scowling face.
***
Ayane had only just walked over to join the three others when Jin began to argue with her. She was almost ready to lose her temper (which tends to happen when you are called VERY offesive names just for walking near people) when Nanase butted in.
"Jin you stupid jerk! This is not the time to be rude.... Well I was rude a minute ago but this really has to stop, regardless of wether or not she started the fight last week!" Nanase said this all rather quickely but it was understandable what she had said. The minute the words were out she turned red and mumbled a quite apology and sat down. She was rarely so blunt and was never that rude.
Seki grinned. Nanase was pretty funny when she got angry. At someone else that is. "Glad to hear you apologize like that Nanase. She's nothing like what Jin said anyways."
"Thank you." Ayane said gratefully. "Seki is right about forgetting what we've heard about eachother. I didn't really like you two," she motioned towards Nanase and Jin, "but I would rather start over and be friends. Considering we have no clue where we are it would be a very good idea."
Nanase agreed quickely and seemed to want to make friends immediatly. Jin eventually agreed. He was still a bit angry about the fight but he figured he was taking it to far. Nanase had a way of getting people to realize when they have wronged someone.
After making peace Jin pointed toward the horizon and said, "Over ther look. I think that is where we are going." As he pointed to a crystal castle on the horizon. Seki ran the entire story his grandmothers had told him over in his mind. Hundreds of time now he had played every detail over. If Grandmother Hikaru rid Cephiro of the Pillar system why are we here? They said only the Pillar could summon those from another world. There wasn't even supposed to be a Pillar... And there were three Magic Knights last tie what about Ayane. Maybe this isn't even Cephi-
"SEKI!!!!"
"AHHH!" Seki jumped nearly a foot at the sound of Jin's voice.
Ayane sighed, "This is one heck of a time to zone out Seki. What's up?"
Seki was somewhat taken aback. A simple , everyday phrase like 'what's up?' could be turned into a police interrogation by Ayane. "Well uh..."
Nanase interupted, much to Seki's relief, by pointing out that they were at the castle Jin had pointed out to them earlier. The four hopped off the back of what they now saw was a large greenish-gold bird with four wings and jems covering the chest of the magnificent creature. However they had little time to take in the sight of the creature.
**
Ascot watched as his 'friend' was sucked into the warp hole and the four teens turn around with a start. 'Four?' He thought with some confusion, 'it might work to our advantage to have another Magic Knight...'
Over the years since Cephiro had been rid of the Pillar System and the Magic Knights had left, Ascot had turned back into a child. He had never been too comfortable with the tall, adult body but he did not want to return to the age of six. So he had decided to be eleven. Not as tall and terribly gangly like the adult body and not short and left out of everything. Now he was tall enough to take place in most conversations. Except ones with Lafarga. That could be difficult considering Lafarga looked most of Ascot's monster-friends in the eye.
The tallest of the four Magic Knights was a boy in a different uniform then the others. While the three others were with blackpants (except the girl with golden hair who had a yellow skirt), white shirts, and golden yellow jackets, the boy had the same pants and shirt but a dark reddish vest. He was the first to speak but it was terribly shocking and almost funny how innocently he put his question.
"Are you Ascot?"
Ascot nodded somewhat dumbstruck and then grinned at the other three's reactions to him knowing his name. None were to good.
"How did you know that?" Ascot asked.
The boy responded that his grandmothers had told him about Ascot and that his hat was a dead giveaway.
Ascot could not help laughing. It was just too rediculous. They went into specifics about the hat? Oh well, people in Cephiro did that too. "Well since you know my name could you tell me yours?"
They did so but everyone but Seki was somewhat reluctant. Ascot noticed the girl Ayane was escecially unhappy with the fact he had a clue as to what was going on while the others didn't. He also noticed Seki's brother Jin and Fuu's granddaughter Nanase turned to Ayane like she should do something. She seemed to assure them that she would do something later with her eyes. She looks older... Small wonder they turn to her. Ascot often turned to his elders when he did not want to deal with something he found confusing or even scary.
Ascot smiled at them and said that he had to take them to see Neyeke, who had taken over his master Clef's job after he left and that Neyeke would explain what was happening better then he would. With that the five of them entered the castle.